shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

llc328

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Same size stone 7x8 in G. 2 grams of gold as stated on invoice. Mine was $60 more than the bezeled one (I also paid PayPal fees and shipping, of course). I’m still thrilled with the price I paid and maybe G costs more than light yellow? Anyway, I’m thrilled that we’re all able to get such lovely pieces and feel so fortunate that I can afford to add to my collection in this way. I sure couldn’t do it in diamonds! And have to say that the other Tiyanu moissanite I have makes me smile more than diamonds since I love the rainbow of colors!

Makes sense to me that a G color would cost more......and I agree! .... It is so nice to see so many forum members having such Beautiful rings made for a Fraction of the price of what Moissanite once was when C&C had its Patent!..

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately after 34 years my body has decided to go from "lower quality items with higher amounts of nickel cause a little rash" to "even high-end white gold items with low amounts of nickel cause skin peeling". Nearly all of my jewelry is white gold. :cry2:

So I had Tianyu make me a platinum Tiffany-inspired setting and it arrived yesterday. They did a fabulous job with it and I am thrilled. I had them include a stone with the intention of swapping it with Shimmer, and then selling my old DK e-ring with the new OEC... but I honestly like this new stone so much that I'm conflicted. I'll have to spend some more time with it before I decide. =)2

I had them the set the stone just a touch higher and do rounded claw prongs. Stone is a 7.5mm F color OEC.

fullsizeoutput_5eaa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eac.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea7.jpeg

Shimmer on top, new OEC on the bottom:

fullsizeoutput_5ea5.jpeg

The new stone has a similar facet pattern to Shimmer, just a taller crown and smaller table. I love a big, tall crown so I'm really tempted to keep the new one.

Now I get to start the heartbreaking task of cleaning all of my white gold jewelry and listing it for sale, so that I can start replacing it with platinum pieces. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately after 34 years my body has decided to go from "lower quality items with higher amounts of nickel cause a little rash" to "even high-end white gold items with low amounts of nickel cause skin peeling". Nearly all of my jewelry is white gold. :cry2:

So I had Tianyu make me a platinum Tiffany-inspired setting and it arrived yesterday. They did a fabulous job with it and I am thrilled. I had them include a stone with the intention of swapping it with Shimmer, and then selling my old DK e-ring with the new OEC... but I honestly like this new stone so much that I'm conflicted. I'll have to spend some more time with it before I decide. =)2

I had them the set the stone just a touch higher and do rounded claw prongs. Stone is a 7.5mm F color OEC.

fullsizeoutput_5eaa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eac.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5ea5.jpeg

The new stone has a similar facet pattern to Shimmer, just a taller crown and smaller table. I love a big, tall crown so I'm really tempted to keep the new one.

Now I get to start the heartbreaking task of cleaning all of my white gold jewelry and listing it for sale, so that I can start replacing it with platinum pieces. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Well I'll start with the compliment!! I adore your new ring! It really looks so good!!

Now the commiseration lol. My allergy started similarly. I was 29 though. I had just gotten married probably a month prior and was wearing my diamond band I had worn for at least 6 years (graduation present and then stand in wedding ring lol) and had some awful rash that took almost a month to heal.:( I was horrified too because almost everything I own was white gold :( So I get it. But on the bright side.. New jewellery!! Sounds like a good excuse to procure some to me lol.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

fullsizeoutput_5eaa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eac.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5ea5.jpeg

The new one is wonderful!!!

I also have skin allergies but they’re not awful yet. I also switch around what I wear and I think that helps. My mother couldn’t wear any jewelry by the time she was 55 so I know my time is coming.

Enjoy the new jewels and I look forward to seeing what you’re selling. :whistle:

Moissamight

Rough_Rock

fullsizeoutput_5eaa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eac.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5ea5.jpeg

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder how common it is for allergies to get worse like that? Also, the moissanite in that looks fantastic!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@mrsgreeneyes So sorry to hear about your new allergy! That’s awful!!!

Secretly and selfishly excited to see what you’ll be selling though :oops2: :geek2:

And that OEC is stunning! I can see why you’re torn. I think I prefer it as well, especially if the crown is higher. My favorite feature of old cuts!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! It seems silly to be this upset, but it just makes my stomach drop on some of these pieces. Thankfully I know I can easily and quickly replace some of them, like Frenchie. Others will be more difficult because I paid a premium for the workmanship and I know I’ll lose money re-selling, plus it will cost more to have them re-made in platinum. So yeah, ouch.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrsgreeneyes - have you thought about having your pieces platinum plated to see if that works? Might be worth trying one piece and see if that stops the reaction you’re having to white gold.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@mrsgreeneyes - have you thought about having your pieces platinum plated to see if that works? Might be worth trying one piece and see if that stops the reaction you’re having to white gold.
Oh, I did not know that was an option! I may give that a try on my more sentimental pieces, thank you!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
In the meantime, Frenchie, Sparkle Spice, and the ACC eternity are all up on LT. :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! No problem. It was 320 dollars plus shipping and then I paid the 5% paypal fee. I used 18k yellow gold for material and the stone was light yellow 8x7.

Oh thank you for the info! With prices like that, how am I supposed to resist???

Thank you for the kind words, everyone! It seems silly to be this upset, but it just makes my stomach drop on some of these pieces. Thankfully I know I can easily and quickly replace some of them, like Frenchie. Others will be more difficult because I paid a premium for the workmanship and I know I’ll lose money re-selling, plus it will cost more to have them re-made in platinum. So yeah, ouch.

Oh dear, sorry you have to deal with this :(

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread and have not ordered anything. I found it when mrsgreeneyes posted her frenchie ring for sale. I’ve already contacted Emily and Ella for a price quote for three rings but had some questions about fees and stuff-
1- the DHL fee is $35?
2- they are charging 5% if I use PayPal. I just want to confirm that this is legit.
3- the CAD fee is $50, does this fee include changes
4- how long does it take them to make the ring?
5- should I order one first and see if I like it before proceeding to the next one?
6- do the G/H moissanites look realistic (I asked for G/H).

Thanks!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread and have not ordered anything. I found it when mrsgreeneyes posted her frenchie ring for sale. I’ve already contacted Emily and Ella for a price quote for three rings but had some questions about fees and stuff-
1- the DHL fee is $35?
2- they are charging 5% if I use PayPal. I just want to confirm that this is legit.
3- the CAD fee is $50, does this fee include changes
4- how long does it take them to make the ring?
5- should I order one first and see if I like it before proceeding to the next one?
6- do the G/H moissanites look realistic (I asked for G/H).

Thanks!

I can only speak from my own experience (which is one loose stone I have and had set by David Klass and one ring made by Tiyanu that is in transit).

1. DHL fee is US is $35.
2. The 5% PayPal fee is legit. I chose to pay via PayPal and therefore pay the fee both times.
3. I didn’t have to change my CAD but I suspect that it covers minor changes but not if you completely change your mind about style (eg really wanted channel set and then decide shared prong).
4. A couple weeks from first CAD to my door. I don’t know if that’s typical.
5. Up to you! I’ve been pleased with my items and have to resist ordering everything I want. ;)2
6. I got old cut stones in GH and think they look beautiful. My experience is there there are beautiful rainbow flashes.

Please post what you’re thinking of so that we can live vicariously! =)2

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only speak from my own experience (which is one loose stone I have and had set by David Klass and one ring made by Tiyanu that is in transit).

1. DHL fee is US is $35.
2. The 5% PayPal fee is legit. I chose to pay via PayPal and therefore pay the fee both times.
3. I didn’t have to change my CAD but I suspect that it covers minor changes but not if you completely change your mind about style (eg really wanted channel set and then decide shared prong).
4. A couple weeks from first CAD to my door. I don’t know if that’s typical.
5. Up to you! I’ve been pleased with my items and have to resist ordering everything I want. ;)2
6. I got old cut stones in GH and think they look beautiful. My experience is there there are beautiful rainbow flashes.

Please post what you’re thinking of so that we can live vicariously! =)2
Thank you so much! I wanted to get the same french cut band as mrsgreeneyes. I’m not sure if I should get platinum or rose gold though. I also was thinking of getting a french cut channel set band and they actually already have one in stock that a PSer returned. It’s my size and in platinum but she returned it bc she wasn’t happy with it.

One more question- is the CAD fee deducted from the overall cost of the ring once you decide you want to order it.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I wanted to get the same french cut band as mrsgreeneyes. I’m not sure if I should get platinum or rose gold though. I also was thinking of getting a french cut channel set band and they actually already have one in stock that a PSer returned. It’s my size and in platinum but she returned it bc she wasn’t happy with it.

One more question- is the CAD fee deducted from the overall cost of the ring once you decide you want to order it.

The CAD fee is dedicated from the total! On my invoice, it was called a deposit.

I forgot who ordered a french cut band and was’t happy with it but hopefully they’ll chime in!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium

If you pass on it, would you mind telling me the size and posting pics? I definitely want another French cut band and need platinum. :)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you pass on it, would you mind telling me the size and posting pics? I definitely want another French cut band and need platinum. :)
Sure! I think you did respond to her post and it wasn’t your size. She said the stones looking gray to her.
The ring is size 5.75. She ordered G/H 2x2 mm french cuts in platinum.
I happened to inquire about the same exact specs with my email. It so happens that is also the size I wanted.
When I was looking thru this thread for inspiration, I realized the pics they sent me were of the same ring.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes! I remember now - thank you for jogging my memory! Definitely will not fit me, but a lovely band. Let us know what you decide!

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
I just can't seem to get a good picture don't know why must be my cell phone - I think the screen is a bit scratched over the camera

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
I also wanted to share that this is a 2.5 carat white gold g h Hearts & arrows Moissanite on a size 7/ 7.5 finger which I cannot find anywhere on the internet pictures of that size on that finger

I searched for ever trying to find images of a hand size seven seven with a 2.5 Roundstone and I could not find it anywhere so here it is!!!=)

tipsyt

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm going to be purchasing my first ring from Tianyu soon (probably will try to contact them Monday) and had a few questions.

Is there a preference on here for certain people to work with? I'm not sure who to contact!

I don't know much about rings and I want my ring pretty small and dainty. Do you find their rings to run a little thick? I'm not sure how tell on the CAD if a ring is too thick or not.

This one is unrelated to Tianyu but I'm getting an emerald cut stone and I want yellow gold. Do you guys think the claws should be silver or yellow gold? I'm not sure if there's pros/cons to each!

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm going to be purchasing my first ring from Tianyu soon (probably will try to contact them Monday) and had a few questions.

Is there a preference on here for certain people to work with? I'm not sure who to contact!

I don't know much about rings and I want my ring pretty small and dainty. Do you find their rings to run a little thick? I'm not sure how tell on the CAD if a ring is too thick or not.

This one is unrelated to Tianyu but I'm getting an emerald cut stone and I want yellow gold. Do you guys think the claws should be silver or yellow gold? I'm not sure if there's pros/cons to each!
I never ended up ordering from her, but Ella was great when i had questions.
Have you considered SG? Supposedly they don't make the rings as thick/more accurate to the inspiration photos. Also, I personally prefer prongs being the same color as the rest of the ring, but it's a personal decision. It might make it look sightly lighter. In case you're worried, try going a whiter stone, like an F?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I’ve been working with Sophia and have been happy with her responsiveness and help. WeChat has been working well.

As far as prong color, I think it depends on what you prefer. I would use white with a cooler stone and yellow with a warmer stone. Your preference will guide this, I think. I have a Tiyanu GH OEC round in platinum and it looks really good (stark white isn’t my preference so I really like the color and it looks very white in platinum - white but not blinding white.) I have a GH ACC in yellow gold coming any day now. It’s not apples to apples (Sophia said that the ACC will show more color) but that’s what I wanted in this new ring.

I haven’t received mine yet so I can’t speak to thickness. By what I ordered was one they’ve made before, just with a different size stone, so I do expect it to be about the same thickness as represented on the CAD and within their published tolerance level as indicated on my invoice.

Have fun planning your ring!

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
hey ladies how do i make a new post .. im going to order the 5 stone but im unsure of what thickness or ctw / ct i should go with im thinking .20 to eq 1ctw to go with the 2.5 ct i just got ?

thanks

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrsemond - go to the main section of Fabulous Fashion Jewellery, and on the right hand side, you’ll see Post New Thread.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
8A2B6A0A-CAB4-4DA5-BF29-1778788252AA.jpeg This is a post from the WB thread:

This post isn’t specifically about Chinese moissanites. But it’s very relevant to those of us who like to buy affordable jewelry from overseas. Prez trump wants to pull the US out of UPU (universal postal union), an organization created in 1874 for the purpose of ensuring packages can be sent anywhere in the world at predetermined prices. The expected outcome is that the cost of shipping to the US from China is going to increase by a lot. Obviously, the #1 beneficiary of this change are US retailers. And the #1 loser in this pull out are individual consumers who buy directly from overseas. If you’ve been on the fence about buying Tianyu or Starsgem, maybe now’s the time?

With this looming in the near future, I was on the fence about an OEC solitaire, & decided to pay the $50 deposit. It was actually 52.50, is it normal for them to add fees to the CAD deposit?

I asked for a custom cut OEC, like the one in angelwaye’s ring. Sophia said no problem. It’s going to be 7mm F color OEC in a 14 k rose gold with 6 prong white gold basket, very low cathedral sides, rounded comfort fit 2 mm band. They’re going to modify this design.

2 questions...is there a holiday going on in China right now ? Also, do you guys think if postage increases because the US pulls out of the UPU, will Tianyu have to honor the existing invoices we agreed to/ put deposits on? Should I pay for the balance? I don’t have a CAD yet.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8A2B6A0A-CAB4-4DA5-BF29-1778788252AA.jpeg This is a post from the WB thread:

This post isn’t specifically about Chinese moissanites. But it’s very relevant to those of us who like to buy affordable jewelry from overseas. Prez trump wants to pull the US out of UPU (universal postal union), an organization created in 1874 for the purpose of ensuring packages can be sent anywhere in the world at predetermined prices. The expected outcome is that the cost of shipping to the US from China is going to increase by a lot. Obviously, the #1 beneficiary of this change are US retailers. And the #1 loser in this pull out are individual consumers who buy directly from overseas. If you’ve been on the fence about buying Tianyu or Starsgem, maybe now’s the time?

With this looming in the near future, I was on the fence about an OEC solitaire, & decided to pay the $50 deposit. It was actually 52.50, is it normal for them to add fees to the CAD deposit?

I asked for a custom cut OEC, like the one in angelwaye’s ring. Sophia said no problem. It’s going to be 7mm F color OEC in a 14 k rose gold with 6 prong white gold basket, very low cathedral sides, rounded comfort fit 2 mm band. They’re going to modify this design.

2 questions...is there a holiday going on in China right now ? Also, do you guys think if postage increases because the US pulls out of the UPU, will Tianyu have to honor the existing invoices we agreed to/ put deposits on? Should I pay for the balance? I don’t have a CAD yet.

i've been following this thread and am also considering ordering from Tianyu - the articles i've read about the postal treaty say it will take a year to withdraw but who knows. also it seems like there might be rollbacks to some of the tariffs soon, again who knows? our administration is making a mockery of international agreements all over the place but that's a topic for a different thread.

i received email responses from Tianyu the last couple of days so i don't think there is a holiday.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, i have been wanting a RHR for a while, the chicken scratch below are the 3 options I'm debating. I thought a moissy version could be a good idea before spending 10x+ on the real deal.

Any input on which one would likely be best executed? Or the proportions/sizes? Or anything else to look out for?

I remember one poster thought starsgem had nicer ACCs, and another was disappointed with Tianyu's marquises. Halo feedback seems mixed. Open to either vendor and torn on the design, I like them all! So any advice that helps narrow it down is much appreciated. :kiss2:

PSX_20181104_145635.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results