shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Kyle753

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your helpful posts regarding purchases from tianyu. I'm looking for a solitaire cathedral 6 prong tulip style engagement ring in 14k white gold and seeing if tianyu would be able to pull off a similar dainty style to the image i've attached. I've decided on a 7mm round centre stone and would like some opinions about the cut and color. I believe when I contacted Emily/Ella they stated that the heart and arrows (h&a) cut comes in def which is colorless. I'm afraid this may come off as looking a bit unrealistic and ice white. Would I better off asking if it goes in ghi colors for a more realistic diamond look? I read that h&a cut has less fire (disco ball look) as it refracts light which is why I initially went with this cut. I am also a bit clueless about the band width (1.7mm?)/prong style/ comfort fit for the setting. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated ! il_570xN.1151266726_xmyi.jpg il_570xN.1586399919_gu8b.jpg il_570xN.1197876363_ljrd.jpg il_570xN.1151259452_ks9v.jpg il_570xN.1151259454_ekm8.jpg

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all your helpful posts regarding purchases from tianyu. I'm looking for a solitaire cathedral 6 prong tulip style engagement ring in 14k white gold and seeing if tianyu would be able to pull off a similar dainty style to the image i've attached. I've decided on a 7mm round centre stone and would like some opinions about the cut and color. I believe when I contacted Emily/Ella they stated that the heart and arrows (h&a) cut comes in def which is colorless. I'm afraid this may come off as looking a bit unrealistic and ice white. Would I better off asking if it goes in ghi colors for a more realistic diamond look? I read that h&a cut has less fire (disco ball look) as it refracts light which is why I initially went with this cut. I am also a bit clueless about the band width (1.7mm?)/prong style/ comfort fit for the setting. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated ! il_570xN.1151266726_xmyi.jpg il_570xN.1586399919_gu8b.jpg il_570xN.1197876363_ljrd.jpg il_570xN.1151259452_ks9v.jpg il_570xN.1151259454_ekm8.jpg
Tianyu can absolutely do this. I would put the band measurements at 1.8mm for both width and height. I agree with you that the truly colorless stones (D/E) are too stark, I would stick with F color for this one. It’s colorless without being stark white or steely grey. =)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Tianyu can absolutely do this. I would put the band measurements at 1.8mm for both width and height. I agree with you that the truly colorless stones (D/E) are too stark, I would stick with F color for this one. It’s colorless without being stark white or steely grey. =)2

Another great point! I decided on unplated 14k WG instead of YG for my setting. Do you guys still think I’d be ok with G-H stones or should I bump them up to F? My Chris CZ is one of the “warmer” ones (I think it’s listed as H-J) and it still looks plenty white to me. I guess maybe I’m not as color sensitive as I thought. o_O

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another great point! I decided on unplated 14k WG instead of YG for my setting. Do you guys still think I’d be ok with G-H stones or should I bump them up to F? My Chris CZ is one of the “warmer” ones (I think it’s listed as H-J) and it still looks plenty white to me. I guess maybe I’m not as color sensitive as I thought. o_O
Remind me, what is the size and cut of the stone?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I guess that’s good info to have :lol-2:

Center stone is 7mm H&A and side stones will be 5mm H&A =)2

This is the design if it matters any (this is with the bigger stones before I changed it. I haven’t gotten the updated CADs yet)

0B2D2465-D876-4523-A6ED-35AAB9398908.jpeg

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I guess that’s good info to have :lol-2:

Center stone is 7mm H&A and side stones will be 5mm H&A =)2

This is the design if it matters any (this is with the bigger stones before I changed it. I haven’t gotten the updated CADs yet)

0B2D2465-D876-4523-A6ED-35AAB9398908.jpeg
You should be totally good at G/H! I have 6.5mm G/H studs and see no yellow tint, even from the side. I wouldn’t sweat it!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely! I love your design, by the way. Just lovely!

Thank you! It’s been quite a long journey, but David has been great to work with. Now we have a boat to sell before I can have him start casting :(2

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I remembered reading that someone on here had sent back something to Tianyu air china mail - how long did it take? I just dont want to forget about it haha.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The emerald cut band shows the stone sizes at 2x4 and the picture I linked shows them at 3x5, so I think you will be okay here getting what you want. Yes, If they can lower it for you as much as possible since they have a tendency to make the rings thicker than the CAD’s sometimes.

It looks like they are being a lot less flexible with changes and charging more for CAD’s to be re-done so it is probably important for other people who come across this thread to make sure they know exactly what they want before ordering.

I can’t believe that you can get 40 pieces of emerald cut eternity loose moissanites for $11.55 in E/F color. That shows what the mark up really is for these man made stones.
For the record, that’s 11.55 per stone ;))

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Oh, there aren't 40 stones, it's around 20. I paid for the 2x4, which I wanted to not overdo the 3 stone. All was agreed on, but after I paid they decided they couldn't go lower than 3x5. Here is the new CAD for the lowest they can go. (First pic is newest, last is the older one) Screenshot_20181029-230600.png Screenshot_20181029-230549.png

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking and admiring everyone jewelry so I decided to to dip my toe in the Tianyu pool. These are 6mm DEF stones in 14k yellow gold, inspired by mrsgreeneyes' beauties. I asked them for slightly clawed prongs. Cant wait to wear them in person.

20181030_062255.jpg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This will get mailed to me today or tomorrow. It’s a larger look than I usually wear but I can’t wait to see it in person! I’ve wanted a simple all yellow gold solitaire for years and have always wanted a cushion so why not roll both into one?

B5813212-DDEF-40CC-9F20-F8B9C645F9C1.jpeg B56BDD43-433E-40C0-B15D-D7CF8D287D24.jpeg
I confirmed that what’s happening to the band to the left of the head is a reflection.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ordered multiple stone sizes in the same color? (H&A) Sophia emailed me back with a quote and told me they can match all three stones but the 5mm will face up whiter than the 7mm. Now I’m worried they won’t look right together. Am I worrying for nothing?

I plan on ordering all three in G-H, and all in with shipping and the PayPal fee it’ll be $175. Their prices are insane.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ordered multiple stone sizes in the same color? (H&A) Sophia emailed me back with a quote and told me they can match all three stones but the 5mm will face up whiter than the 7mm. Now I’m worried they won’t look right together. Am I worrying for nothing?

I plan on ordering all three in G-H, and all in with shipping and the PayPal fee it’ll be $175. Their prices are insane.
It's true that generally smaller stones face up a bit whiter (true of diamonds, too), but I don't think it is so drastic a difference that you need to change the center stone to a higher color. Especially in the cut you have chosen. Now if you had a 10mm stone I might encourage you to bump it up, but I think you'll be perfectly fine with the 7mm and 5mms.

I think Tianyu is trying to cover their ass because of some feedback they've had in the past.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhh, all of that makes sense. Especially them covering their asses because of recent issues. I agree that since the sizes are so close I should be ok. I’ll still be requesting lots of pics and videos just to be safe though.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@miafab - I adore your new ring!!!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, there aren't 40 stones, it's around 20. I paid for the 2x4, which I wanted to not overdo the 3 stone. All was agreed on, but after I paid they decided they couldn't go lower than 3x5. Here is the new CAD for the lowest they can go. (First pic is newest, last is the older one) Screenshot_20181029-230600.png Screenshot_20181029-230549.png
I think at a 2mm height, you will be fine. I am going to bet that the picture I linked with the band you liked is the same height and I know the stones were also 3x5 so I think you will be ok.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I think so too! Can't wait to see pictures. I love looking at all your rings to tide me over!

miafab

Rough_Rock

llc328

Rough_Rock
Hi! No problem. It was 320 dollars plus shipping and then I paid the 5% paypal fee. I used 18k yellow gold for material and the stone was light yellow 8x7.

Great price... thank you for sharing ....It’s just beautiful ....And I just love the 18kt yellow gold color!! Enjoy it...

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! No problem. It was 320 dollars plus shipping and then I paid the 5% paypal fee. I used 18k yellow gold for material and the stone was light yellow 8x7.

Wow - that’s less than one I’m waiting on that is 14k and looks like less gold. Great price! And awesome ring.

llc328

Rough_Rock
Wow - that’s less than one I’m waiting on that is 14k and looks like less gold. Great price! And awesome ring.

Do you have pictures of what you’re waiting on?...I think their prices go on the weight of the gold? And stone sizes?

Edited to add that I looked above and saw it.... possibly your stone is bigger??? It’s beautiful!!!!!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures of what you’re waiting on?...I think their prices go on the weight of the gold? And stone sizes?

Edited to add that I looked above and saw it.... possibly your stone is bigger??? It’s beautiful!!!!!

Thanks! Same size stone 7x8 in G. 2 grams of gold as stated on invoice. Mine was $60 more than the bezeled one (I also paid PayPal fees and shipping, of course). I’m still thrilled with the price I paid and maybe G costs more than light yellow? Anyway, I’m thrilled that we’re all able to get such lovely pieces and feel so fortunate that I can afford to add to my collection in this way. I sure couldn’t do it in diamonds! And have to say that the other Tiyanu moissanite I have makes me smile more than diamonds since I love the rainbow of colors!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results