shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How long after you paid your deposit did you get a CAD from Tiyanu? I really am in no hurry but am just curious what’s ASAP means to them (that was Sophia’s response when I paid by $ - that I’d get a CAD ASAP).

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I paid on Wednesday 10/17 and I got my CAD this morning. So, it took 5 days to receive the CAD. I know they have a lot of orders so, I would say 5 to 7 days isn’t too bad.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
20D7A3B9-E516-4887-8975-F9AC26028662.png

Here is my newest project. I think all the measurements look pretty good.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How long after you paid your deposit did you get a CAD from Tiyanu? I really am in no hurry but am just curious what’s ASAP means to them (that was Sophia’s response when I paid by $ - that I’d get a CAD ASAP).
Usually 2-3 business days for me.

20D7A3B9-E516-4887-8975-F9AC26028662.png

Here is my newest project. I think all the measurements look pretty good.
Oh! I really like this! I would probably keep all band measurements at 1.6mm, especially since their settings tend to come out a touch thicker. Also, I would ask the height measurement of the bridge - it looks pretty thin and you'll probably want to increase it a bit.

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
I've found that it takes multiple emails saying the exact same thing for them to understand that your message is firm haha. Every little detail requires me to say, two to three times, yes, please do xyz.

Following up on my last post, I got a response from Sophia saying they would make the ring thinner, but if they did that, they would not be able to make it thick again. I confirmed multiple times that yes, I wanted them to fix it, but to my original specifications (not make it thin, per se, just thinner such that the measurements matched my CAD).

Well, I finally got pictures back today with the caliper measuring the width and thickness of the sides and bottom of the shank, and it's spot on. Yay! I've authorized shipment and I'll post pics when I get it. They did post it on their IG before I asked them to fix the bulkiness: https://www.instagram.com/p/BozC-2JhFF2/?taken-by=tianyu_moissanite (the bulkiness is not as apparent in the video as it was in the pictures)

Hey so I'm just waiting for my finalized pictures and video
My ring really needs to be certain measurements do you think I should ask for caliper pictures as well ??

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My CAD was done this morning, so about 3 business days. Impressive will their volume, I think. Mine is a basic solitaire and I’m not too picky so no changes needed.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My CAD was done this morning, so about 3 business days. Impressive will their volume, I think. Mine is a basic solitaire and I’m not too picky so no changes needed.
You know we still want to see pics!! :lol:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
With no disrespect to Tianyu, being not too picky makes you an ideal customer. They do good work, at good prices, but I remember a thread on the forum a few weeks back where a Brian G customer was unhappy with his piece because there were two pieces of melee with poor light return. Mind you, for $30k you too can be that picky, however when you’re getting a completed piece including center stone for around $500 - $1000 depending on gold weight, you just can’t expect that same elevated level of perfection.
Can’t wait to see it!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With no disrespect to Tianyu, being not too picky makes you an ideal customer. They do good work, at good prices, but I remember a thread on the forum a few weeks back where a Brian G customer was unhappy with his piece because there were two pieces of melee with poor light return. Mind you, for $30k you too can be that picky, however when you’re getting a completed piece including center stone for around $500 - $1000 depending on gold weight, you just can’t expect that same elevated level of perfection.
Can’t wait to see it!

I get it - and agree 100%!!!

Onto the CAD - I used to dislike settings like this but I’ve changed my mind in the past few years and for less than $400, why not? My favorite “wedding band” (don’t we all have a few? ;)2) is a plain gold one. 2.2 mm or so and slightly domed. It’s super comfortable and classic and I wanted a plain solitaire to wear with it. Shoulders would be nice on the new ring but I really think I want this basic look. ACC since I prefer old cuts. And I’m a yellow gold fan (I know that’s not popular) and want and all yellow ring, head and all. We’ll see if it spins! A few have said that the gold is sometimes thicker than the measurements and that’s fine by me.

The rep I’ve been working with is off today so she’ll send the invoice tomorrow and the onward to production.
333FE4FA-033D-47F3-8205-3EB240F76899.jpeg

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Still no CAD for me, but she did tell me after I paid that they can't do 2x4 emerald cuts.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I’ve got to stop looking at these threads. Now I want a pair of OEC 3 prong martini studs :roll2: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I’ve got to stop looking at these threads. Now I want a pair of OEC 3 prong martini studs :roll2: :lol:

It's like one potato chip...you cannot stop at just one:Up_to_something:... Bwahaha welcome to the dark side.:lol:

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
I got an email this morning after I inquired about when my ring would be done and was told it was made to thick and had to be redone so now waiting until THURSDAY :cry2:

So fx it's going to be ok :confused:

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
CAD.JPG

Here is my CAD not sure if I posted before it is to match my platinum comfort fit with same dimensions above

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
199619084521170163.jpg 621354850646265260.jpg
here is my beautiful comfort fit 8.5mm GH H&A moissanite
- a bit of drama before the pics came in i opened the email in such excitement and then saw that the ring had a knife edge and a donut the 2 things I specifically asked to be removed... so i emailed her back and she said oh sorry sent you the wrong pictures ...OMG lol

so then she sent me the above .. lol i freaking love it.
i also asked for caliper pictures to ensure the band is the correct measurements and she is going to send them to me in the AM.

let me know what you ladies think of my design !!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
199619084521170163.jpg 621354850646265260.jpg
here is my beautiful comfort fit 8.5mm GH H&A moissanite
- a bit of drama before the pics came in i opened the email in such excitement and then saw that the ring had a knife edge and a donut the 2 things I specifically asked to be removed... so i emailed her back and she said oh sorry sent you the wrong pictures ...OMG lol

so then she sent me the above .. lol i freaking love it.
i also asked for caliper pictures to ensure the band is the correct measurements and she is going to send them to me in the AM.

let me know what you ladies think of my design !!

Wow! That's really pretty! Just perfect!!

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
Wow! That's really pretty! Just perfect!!
thanks ladies ... after that mini heart attack i was so happy that it was right
and it looks so great .. when she originally sent the pic i thought ok so they have to fix the band but the prongs are okaaaay

but then when she sent the correct one i was like yes the prongs are perfect and will match my blue nile comfort fit perfect!!!

so now just have to wait for the cailper pics and then the mailing time ... she says it should get here after the weekend so hopefully it does

miafab

Rough_Rock

Hi. That one is on it's way to me. It's an 8x7 old mine cut in light yellow and 18k yellow gold. I'm not a big poster but I will make sure to post a picture once it arrives.
I was going to anyway, but now that the video has been mentioned:)....
I'm off for 10 days exactly the day its scheduled to arrive. Hopefully I wont have to wait until after my trip to see it and post it for you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I have no CAD, But got pictures and video of stones .I've never had an emerald cut, Screenshot_20181026-110835.png so I'm not sure what to look for. I haven't been able to upload the videos.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I wanted the width the same on both rings and the depth. Please help with my CAD. Screenshot_20181027-020616.png

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted the width the same on both rings and the depth. Please help with my CAD. Screenshot_20181027-020616.png
I thought your inspiration band was channel set? Did you decide to change it?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the way they are currently. I think if you bump up the dimensions of the three-stone in order to match the eternity, it will be a very thick, bulky ring that would be uncomfortable to wear.

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
I personally wouldn't do an eternity band like this ..I have one and it's to thick IMO

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn't do an eternity band like this ..I have one and it's to thick IMO

I think they’re both beautiful but I agree that the wedding band seems like too much.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I know this isn’t the same style, but I measured it with my calipers and it’s 6.5 wide and 3.2 thick. It’s a lot bumpier with the halos than the emeralds would be, but it drives. me. insane. to wear it. I can’t even close my fingers. Having said that, something slightly thinner and smoother I could get used to. The measurements they show are just to the bar on the basket though, not the top of the stones so it’s hard to compare anything else to it. Can they give you the full height measurement? I’d order a cheap CZ alternative to try before I took the plunge. Either that, or go to a jewelry store and try stuff on and measure it. Can they lower the stones at all? It looks like there’s a lot of clearance under the culets in the CADs. I’m no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. :lol-2:
image.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results