shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! Stats please on the stone and on the setting?

Thank you! It's a 3.33 ct (9.8 mm) GIA I/SI2 (eye clean!) set in a modified CVB "Jovyn" with petite tab prongs.

Here's the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-dream-solitaire-from-cvb-lad.223818/

Some more views... I really can't get over how much the Tianyu setting looks like it!
cvb-with-g-co-stacker-jpg.612609

dk-wire-band-_plat_2-jpg.612611
dk-wire-band-_plat_1-jpg.612610

steveholt

Rough_Rock
My ring arrived, and I am in love. My camera doesn't come close to showing this ring as well as David's photos, but I thought I'd post a hand photo for reference. Also, I love the platinum so much! <3 <3

unnamed.jpg IMG_0373.jpg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring arrived, and I am in love. My camera doesn't come close to showing this ring as well as David's photos, but I thought I'd post a hand photo for reference. Also, I love the platinum so much! <3 <3

unnamed.jpg IMG_0373.jpg

So pretty!

kangaroocrazy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!! I finally got the courage to tell my hubby my dream piece of jewelery was a milgrain OEC bezel bracelet and I have been talking with Emily.
I have told her twice I want to go a head with the plans and all of the sudden she is not getting back to me?
This is concerning me with communication as it was SO good in the beginning.

Does anyone know why??:(2

My other question is...Every single bracelet I wear ends up breaking off of me!!
I need it to be strong so was wondering if I should bit the bullet and go for plat?
Thank you!!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone!! I finally got the courage to tell my hubby my dream piece of jewelery was a milgrain OEC bezel bracelet and I have been talking with Emily.
I have told her twice I want to go a head with the plans and all of the sudden she is not getting back to me?
This is concerning me with communication as it was SO good in the beginning.

Does anyone know why??:(2

My other question is...Every single bracelet I wear ends up breaking off of me!!
I need it to be strong so was wondering if I should bit the bullet and go for plat?
Thank you!!

I asked Emily about a ring earlier this week and she responded quickly. Then it took a couple of days to hear back but I heard something today.

kangaroocrazy

Rough_Rock
I asked Emily about a ring earlier this week and she responded quickly. Then it took a couple of days to hear back but I heard something today.

Thank you....I will continue to hang in there...its kinda scary cuz I see things have kinda gone south on some projects and its still a lot of money!;-)

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you....I will continue to hang in there...its kinda scary cuz I see things have kinda gone south on some projects and its still a lot of money!;-)

Agreed! It can get frustrating and even though this route is MUCH cheaper than a retail jeweler, it’s still expensive! And your project sounds lovely!

mgw

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Just an update to what I shared in this post - the ring has finished production, and I've asked them to send me all the measurements taken on the actual ring, given the issues so many of you have faced and shared.

The photo they sent me of the ring on the ring sizer looks to be right (I asked because of the issues telephone89 has been having), so hopefully that won't be a problem. Assuming their sizer is accurate, that may be a good thing to ask for in the future given all the hoops we're seeing them make telephone89 jump through for their own mistake.

However, they were kind of shady with the measurements of the thickness and width of the ring. They sent me photos of the caliper measuring both, but it wasn't a digital read caliper and I have no idea how to read it. I also noticed the face of the caliper noted it has a margin of error of 0.2mm. I asked her to tell me what the readings meant, and to also send me measurements around the shank (since I asked for the thickness and width to be consistent around the entire shank, and had them indicate this on the CAD as well given the thickness issues other have described).

She comes back with photos taken of the ring measured with a digital caliper (0.1mm margin of error) and turns out that instead of 1.8mm thick and 2.6mm width around the entire shank, the measurements at the bottom of the shank are 1.9mm thick and 2.74mm wide, and at the sides the thickness is 1.99mm! (They didn't send me a photo of width at the side). Also, for each of these requests, it takes at least three emails since Sophia just ignores my requests and says "it's ok dear".

Ughhhhh. I'm so anxious to get my ring, but I also don't want them to send it only to have to fix all these issues expensively later.

I've asked them to fix the thickness and width, and copied in Emily (I've been dealing with Sophia) since it's getting a little tiring to have to baby the whole process so much.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Hi all! First time poster. I have been talking to Ella about a ring. I wanted to check with you all on opinions. Of course, now I'm also worried about ordering from them. I've read this entire thread! Yikes. Screenshot_20181012-200728.png

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Oops, other pic. Screenshot_20181013-090819.jpg .

butterscotchbrownie

Rough_Rock
Not helpful really but Hulamom4 I love your inspo ring. Step cuts are my fave :love:

I've been lurking on this thread since August trying to make my mind up if I want to get a Tianyu moissy or spring for a new diamond (I broke a prong on my original ring and took it to a local jeweller to be fixed, but he damaged the diamond and I have no recourse as I can't prove it) but with all the problems everyone is having I'm wondering if rather than having Tianyu make a ring I'm better off just buying the stone and finding someone else to set it?

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Not helpful really but Hulamom4 I love your inspo ring. Step cuts are my fave :love:

I've been lurking on this thread since August trying to make my mind up if I want to get a Tianyu moissy or spring for a new diamond (I broke a prong on my original ring and took it to a local jeweller to be fixed, but he damaged the diamond and I have no recourse as I can't prove it) but with all the problems everyone is having I'm wondering if rather than having Tianyu make a ring I'm better off just buying the stone and finding someone else to set it?
If you want to keep the setting, it makes more sense to buy the stone and have someone set it. However, I've heard it can be difficult to find someone to do that, do maybe try calling around first to see what options are available in your area. Sorry to hear about your diamond!

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Thank you! And yes, if I can get the nerve to order!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! And yes, if I can get the nerve to order!
Ive had two projects with them. The one where I gave them a piece to replicate turned out better than the project where I went all custom. I had good communication, though the language barrier was a challenge at times, and I did have to pay extra for gold on a project where they didn’t account for the height of the band. Their prices are amazing, the work is good but don’t expect David Klass level of craftsman ship. I think you have a beautiful example that you’ve sent them- be on top of every step in the process though. If you dislike something about their CADs, ask for changes. Ask to see the stones before they are set. Ask for lots of pictures before they ship because you won’t want to send it back to China once you have it.
Expect delays with their increase in popularity, and have realistic expectations regarding quality (again, they can do good work, but they are certainly not Tiffany’s). Much luck and keep us posted =)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Their prices are amazing, the work is good but don’t expect David Klass level of craftsman ship.
THIS, 100%. Pricescope has very discerning customers and I LOVE that about this site because it has helped me learn so much. But it's a bit tough on Tianyu (and Starsgem, etc). My DK solitaire was 3x what I paid at Tianyu, so I don't expect DK level quality out of them. They still do excellent work, but a little bit higher tolerance level for "not perfect" is necessary.

That said - shipping issues, asking for more money because the gold weight ended up being higher, dropping the ball on communication - none of that is good customer service and is outside of what I'm referring to in my above comments. Hopefully the changes they are making due to rapid (and unexpected) growth will resolve those issues.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just an FYI - I was communicating with Emily about a simple cushion solitaire. She gave me a price very quickly but then got less responsive. I just reminded her that I wanted to order it and she asked if I’d mind working with Sophia since she (Emily) is so busy. My request is simple and I’ve only purchased one other item from them (a loose stone) so I’m fine with it. Just wanted to mention it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As an update on my situation, they said if I ship it to them via China air mail they will resize it and send it back, and refund my shipping costs. I'm not sure how they will send it back (DHL or china air mail), but I'm assuming that is covered on their end as well. I've never shipped anything TO china before, so this should be interesting lol.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just an FYI - I was communicating with Emily about a simple cushion solitaire. She gave me a price very quickly but then got less responsive. I just reminded her that I wanted to order it and she asked if I’d mind working with Sophia since she (Emily) is so busy. My request is simple and I’ve only purchased one other item from them (a loose stone) so I’m fine with it. Just wanted to mention it.

To reply to my own post lol - even thought it’s night in a home Sophia contacted me within 25 minutes of Emily contacting her. That’s great service.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really feel sorry for Tianyu as they had been hit by a tsunami of highly demanding requests unaccustomed to them, and they appear to be failing due to their own success!

I hope they come out of this tidal wave in better shape and better equipped to deal with such demands.

And no, I have not jumped onto this bandwagon yet, as I have my eyes and heart set on a bezel-set tennis bracelet by Golden Birds.

I may even go to my regular eBay vendor that made my jewellery for the past few years for this bracelet, as they too can source and set synthetics.

DK :roll2:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THIS, 100%. Pricescope has very discerning customers and I LOVE that about this site because it has helped me learn so much. But it's a bit tough on Tianyu (and Starsgem, etc). My DK solitaire was 3x what I paid at Tianyu, so I don't expect DK level quality out of them. They still do excellent work, but a little bit higher tolerance level for "not perfect" is necessary.

That said - shipping issues, asking for more money because the gold weight ended up being higher, dropping the ball on communication - none of that is good customer service and is outside of what I'm referring to in my above comments. Hopefully the changes they are making due to rapid (and unexpected) growth will resolve those issues.

Totally agree with this. One can’t expect top notch quality for rock bottom prices. And I’m learning that PSers can be discerning. ;)2

Hopefully they can get the customer service angle together in terms of responsiveness, not asking for most $ after invoices are paid, etc.

The $97 OEC I got was awesome and the price made it super awesome. The less than $400 cushion solitaire I’m ordering will be awesome because it’s less than $400 and it will meet my quality standards I’m sure. Your comment about “not perfect” is so important to remember and one needs to know if they have the tolerance for that.

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
To reply to my own post lol - even thought it’s night in a home Sophia contacted me within 25 minutes of Emily contacting her. That’s great service.
Yeah, I only contacted Ella from Tianyu a bit (haven’t made anything) but when I asked a question at night, I think I got a response in like 10 minutes. I’d recommend her as well. Didn’t get a response back from Alisa, but I did it through their app thing, so I don’t necessarily fault her (not sure how well it works).

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
So my ring came today, one day early. Here are some quick pictures, not the greatest quality photos. I got some outside shots before it started to rain. I put the Tianyu ring next to my C& C H& A, so you can see the comparison. To be fair, my C&C needs to be cleaned.

The Tianyu ring is heavy, and a smudge too big. It fits my middle finger too, albeit tightly.

CA3CB1C4-C255-4813-AA39-EC8D6D2D26B1.jpeg B8167C26-BE31-4049-9959-4D02050C36E8.jpeg

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies anyone from Canada order from tianyu ?

Do you have to pay duty/ custom fee?

Thanks

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ladies anyone from Canada order from tianyu ?

Do you have to pay duty/ custom fee?

Thanks
I'm canadian and did not have to pay any duty on my Tianyu item. It was shipped very quickly, like literally shipped thurs/friday and arrived monday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results