shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock
I'm canadian and did not have to pay any duty on my Tianyu item. It was shipped very quickly, like literally shipped thurs/friday and arrived monday.
Hey can I see some pictures ?

Thx

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ya'll... so I've been oogling over all the amazingly cut moissanite stones for the last year and have decided to take the plunge! I wanted to go through Emily at Tianyu and would like to reference PS or one of you who've dealt with her and had success.

So... would anyone be okay with me giving their name? :) I can set up an LT listing if you'd rather keep it off PS. Thanks in advance!!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey ya'll... so I've been oogling over all the amazingly cut moissanite stones for the last year and have decided to take the plunge! I wanted to go through Emily at Tianyu and would like to reference PS or one of you who've dealt with her and had success.

So... would anyone be okay with me giving their name? :) I can set up an LT listing if you'd rather keep it off PS. Thanks in advance!!
You are welcome to use my name in order to get my discount. Just let Emily know Kate/autumngirlsoup sent you. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if Tianyu does bezels well?? I don't remember seeing any on PS or their IG accounts...

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t wait to see what project you’ll be doing! Feel free to share ideas and inspo pics :geek2: because I know it will be something gorgeous!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see what project you’ll be doing! Feel free to share ideas and inspo pics :geek2: because I know it will be something gorgeous!

Thanks! I'm still in the "I have no idea what I want" stage... but I'm saving TONS of inspiration pics! I'm almost positive I want a bezel IF they can execute one well. If not, I may end having DK make the setting. :)

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I'm still in the "I have no idea what I want" stage... but I'm saving TONS of inspiration pics! I'm almost positive I want a bezel IF they can execute one well. If not, I may end having DK make the setting. :)
Someone had them do bezel studs but I cannot for the life of me remember who. I’ll see if I can track it down.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That’s my plan too. Order the stones from Tianyu and have DK do the setting. I’m on hopefully my last set of CADs and I’ll get the plastic model next week! Like @mrsgreeneyes said, I think someone else had a bezel done. Excited to see what you decide on!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s my plan too. Order the stones from Tianyu and have DK do the setting. I’m on hopefully my last set of CADs and I’ll get the plastic model next week! Like @mrsgreeneyes said, I think someone else had a bezel done. Excited to see what you decide on!

I'll need to get a quote if I can ever make a decision. I can't even decide on what cut and size I want! UGH!! #firstworldproblems #stillproblems ;-)

Canuck6

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody it is my first time posting thank you so much for all your knowledge I have read this thread and decided to go with tianyu but I'm not sure if it my communication or they didnt understand me but I just need some input here

I have been back and forth sending pics and speaking to them and they have been awesome getting back to me it's my first time ordering from them and hope it wont be my last
Ring1.jpg 20181011_131918.jpg
Those are my Inspo pics in and I wanted it in gold like the picture
I asked them if they could put some diamonds around the head thats why there are some white dots that I did and leave the face of it as is because I liked it

So they sent me my CAD which i generally loved but I just had a question is it me or did they add a second kind of halo and made it droop downward ?

Also I wanted the diamonds half way so when I close my fingers it will seem as it is all diamonds ? Does that seem halfway ? Screenshot_20181018-091300_Alibabacom.jpg
Here is my cad

Should I tell them just to go back to the original meaning how the face and side of the head looks on that ?
I'm just a bit concerned its gonna look like this and it wasn't what I was going for
That's just a random pic I got online
Screenshot_20181018-091657_Alibabacom.jpg
Any and all help and comments are welcome please and thank you

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello everybody it is my first time posting thank you so much for all your knowledge I have read this thread and decided to go with tianyu but I'm not sure if it my communication or they didnt understand me but I just need some input here

I have been back and forth sending pics and speaking to them and they have been awesome getting back to me it's my first time ordering from them and hope it wont be my last
Ring1.jpg 20181011_131918.jpg
Those are my Inspo pics in and I wanted it in gold like the picture
I asked them if they could put some diamonds around the head thats why there are some white dots that I did and leave the face of it as is because I liked it

So they sent me my CAD which i generally loved but I just had a question is it me or did they add a second kind of halo and made it droop downward ?

Also I wanted the diamonds half way so when I close my fingers it will seem as it is all diamonds ? Does that seem halfway ? Screenshot_20181018-091300_Alibabacom.jpg
Here is my cad

Should I tell them just to go back to the original meaning how the face and side of the head looks on that ?
I'm just a bit concerned its gonna look like this and it wasn't what I was going for
That's just a random pic I got online
Screenshot_20181018-091657_Alibabacom.jpg
Any and all help and comments are welcome please and thank you
I agree, they didn’t get the interpretation of the halo quite right, so definitely re-engage on that. If you ask them to add two more stones on either side of the band that should get you the finger coverage you want.

Canuck6

Rough_Rock
I agree, they didn’t get the interpretation of the halo quite right, so definitely re-engage on that. If you ask them to add two more stones on either side of the band that should get you the finger coverage you want.

Thank you so much I'm glad it's not just me who noticed I will re engage with then on the halo and tell them to add 2 more stones on each side :D

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much I'm glad it's not just me who noticed I will re engage with then on the halo and tell them to add 2 more stones on each side :D

I know another user had a halo made, and she requested that it be tilted slightly to alleviate the “flying saucer” effect. I believe hers was a single edge though. After seeing their interpretation on the CADs they sent you, it makes me wonder if they were assuming that’s how everyone would want it? I know they’ve taken some creative design liberties in the past based on common customer requests. I’m certain they can get it right, but just a thought! I can’t wait to see the finished ring!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know another user had a halo made, and she requested that it be tilted slightly to alleviate the “flying saucer” effect. I believe hers was a single edge though. After seeing their interpretation on the CADs they sent you, it makes me wonder if they were assuming that’s how everyone would want it? I know they’ve taken some creative design liberties in the past based on common customer requests. I’m certain they can get it right, but just a thought! I can’t wait to see the finished ring!
I was thinking the same thing, @michellelynn9175!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Your CAD says ‘14’ pieces, which are 7 on each side (same as your inspiration pic) so I think that is where that comes from. They can certainly add more stones if you want them further down the shank.

Your CAD looks like a double halo to me. What you are asking for is a single halo with a border halo. You might want to take another pass on this to see if they can interpret what you are asking for. If not, than I would stick with the single halo because I feel like there are things that could go wrong here. Since the picture is of a double halo, they have tilted it because as Michelle mentioned, you will get a flying saucer look on the halo (especially when it is doubled). In real life, you can’t really see the tilt looking down but it is there to avoid that saucer look.

Canuck6

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your help I messaged her and told her that I didnt want the saucer look she seems like she understood and said she is going to fix and send another CAD to me so I'm waiting on it fingers crossed :pray:

Canuck6

Rough_Rock
Your CAD says ‘14’ pieces, which are 7 on each side (same as your inspiration pic) so I think that is where that comes from. They can certainly add more stones if you want them further down the shank.

Your CAD looks like a double halo to me. What you are asking for is a single halo with a border halo. You might want to take another pass on this to see if they can interpret what you are asking for. If not, than I would stick with the single halo because I feel like there are things that could go wrong here. Since the picture is of a double halo, they have tilted it because as Michelle mentioned, you will get a flying saucer look on the halo (especially when it is doubled). In real life, you can’t really see the tilt looking down but it is there to avoid that saucer look.
I'm waiting on her to get back to me she seem liked she understood but we will see when she sends back the revised CAD I was thinking the same thing and if they cant interpret what im saying than I will just go with the original because I want to avoid the double halo saucer look
You guys have been so helpful !

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting on her to get back to me she seem liked she understood but we will see when she sends back the revised CAD I was thinking the same thing and if they cant interpret what im saying than I will just go with the original because I want to avoid the double halo saucer look
You guys have been so helpful !
Love affair diamonds just posted a ring on their insta with a very similar halo. Maybe send them a picture so they can actually SEE what its supposed to looks like!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I was JUST drooling over it! That light brown diamond in the rose gold is just....wow. Makes me want it as a RHR!!!

Canuck6

Rough_Rock
Goodmorning I received the revised CAD and it looks like she understood what I said to her as it is what I originally wanted but now looking at the CAD I'm thinking I should go back to the original with just the halo and no border halo as I'm not sure they can execute it unless I'm just asking the wrong thing Screenshot_20181019-080213_Alibabacom.jpg
Question
Do the prongs on the border halo look like there sticking out so when I'm looking at the ring frontwards looks like I'm gonna see those prongs all the way around?
If so are there other prongs I can ask for that are secure and that doesnt happen?

If not I'm just gonna go back to the original with no diamonds on the border

Also I added 2 stones down each side of the shank to get more coverage and I noticed now the side of the shank is 2.1 mm where before it was 1.8 is it because of that ? Do you think too thick ?

Thanks for all your help

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I placed my order last night, nervous about getting my CAD. I also asked for pics and video of the stones before set. I'll post the CAD when I receive it .

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like I had to almost beg them to let me pay them the fee to start a CAD! I guess many ask for quote and my respond to the quote was “that’s great, I’d like to order” wasn’t clear I guess. :lol-2: Two more times asking and I was able to pay.

Anyway, I’m getting just a simple solitaire so hopefully it’s an easy process.

I do think they’re very busy so I cut them a lot of slack.

mgw

Rough_Rock
I've found that it takes multiple emails saying the exact same thing for them to understand that your message is firm haha. Every little detail requires me to say, two to three times, yes, please do xyz.

Following up on my last post, I got a response from Sophia saying they would make the ring thinner, but if they did that, they would not be able to make it thick again. I confirmed multiple times that yes, I wanted them to fix it, but to my original specifications (not make it thin, per se, just thinner such that the measurements matched my CAD).

Well, I finally got pictures back today with the caliper measuring the width and thickness of the sides and bottom of the shank, and it's spot on. Yay! I've authorized shipment and I'll post pics when I get it. They did post it on their IG before I asked them to fix the bulkiness: https://www.instagram.com/p/BozC-2JhFF2/?taken-by=tianyu_moissanite (the bulkiness is not as apparent in the video as it was in the pictures)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results