shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
To be on the safe side, you might want to ask to see the gems you are purchasing. I've bought 2 loose stones from Tianyu and they weren't great. Not what I expected from all the great reviews from people. Luckily, I contacted her and she was super nice and apologetic and I'm in the process of getting an exchange. So we shall see how it goes the 2nd time around.

Thanks @Lucky_Rabbit! This is why I have always been leary of purchasing overseas.. Keep us posted and that is a great idea to get photos of the stones prior to purchase!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Lucky_Rabbit! This is why I have always been leary of purchasing overseas.. Keep us posted and that is a great idea to get photos of the stones prior to purchase!

No prob:) They'll be happy to do full refunds if you aren't satisfy, so I like that. But the return process is giving me anxiety as is. Because I just did USPS priority mail and i don't think mine is getting tracked all the way there. I heard postal in China can get sketchy. So I could potentially lose out on few hundred dollars. If it's great as they say, the price is for sure totally unbeatable.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your return package arrives safe and sound! Yeah shipping outside of the US can be a bit tricky because once it leaves our borders the postal system cannot track anymore. Then there is the whole customs thing..:roll2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My CADS are done, and were emailed to me this morning! I am buying bezel earrings (6mm each) and a 4mm eternity band. Both in 14KT white gold, and the price is very reasonable. If they look like the pics of the stones they emailed me I will be thrilled!

mmexport1529046511147.jpg

mmexport1529046507777.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    30 KB · Views: 41

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!;)2 You will have to upload photos for us once you get the pieces in your possession. I know that you are VERY excited!:dance:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
***BTW, has anyone that has already received their stones from them had them tested to verify that they register as a diamond on a tester? I know that they also sell CZ so I wouldn't want to pay big bucks for Cubic Zirconia instead of Moissanite if you know what I mean.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
***BTW, has anyone that has already received their stones from them had them tested to verify that they register as a diamond on a tester? I know that they also sell CZ so I wouldn't want to pay big bucks for Cubic Zirconia instead of Moissanite if you know what I mean.
Yes, my stones from them tested positive for diamond on a diamond tester. My previous jeweler before I moved also had a moissanite tester and the Tianyu stone I had at that time tested positive for moissy.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My CADS are done, and were emailed to me this morning! I am buying bezel earrings (6mm each) and a 4mm eternity band. Both in 14KT white gold, and the price is very reasonable. If they look like the pics of the stones they emailed me I will be thrilled!

Beautiful! I can’t wait to see the finished pieces!

Sezzwho

Rough_Rock

Oh I love those bezels. Between yours and mrsgreeneyes I'm feeling a mighty need. And I just got 5mm OEC studs from Tianyu. I'm greedy lol.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my stones from them tested positive for diamond on a diamond tester. My previous jeweler before I moved also had a moissanite tester and the Tianyu stone I had at that time tested positive for moissy.

Soo good to know!:kiss2: Thanks!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is my next project with Tianyu, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they handle a more involved design. Most of the rings I’ve seen from them so far have been simple solitaires and bands, nothing super intricate. I was a little worried about the milgrain, but seeing the work they did on @DiaDiva’s five-stone OEC ring has given me a bit more confidence. Previously I’ve only ever had milgrain done by hand, but at this price point I’m willing to concede to cast milgrain.

8ECE0E8A-B448-4EFC-BEB3-70A044D41A94.jpeg
4B9988FA-0A10-4B71-97AC-D65E99081243.jpeg

This will also be my first time seeing their French cuts, so all-around very excited for this little band. =)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
This is my next project with Tianyu, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they handle a more involved design. Most of the rings I’ve seen from them so far have been simple solitaires and bands, nothing super intricate. I was a little worried about the milgrain, but seeing the work they did on @DiaDiva’s five-stone OEC ring has given me a bit more confidence. Previously I’ve only ever had milgrain done by hand, but at this price point I’m willing to concede to cast milgrain.

8ECE0E8A-B448-4EFC-BEB3-70A044D41A94.jpeg
4B9988FA-0A10-4B71-97AC-D65E99081243.jpeg

This will also be my first time seeing their French cuts, so all-around very excited for this little band. =)2

Ooo! Me likey!:kiss2: That is very pretty, you are going to have French cuts as the setting stones? That will be knock your socks off beautiful!! Cant wait to see it!;)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooo! Me likey!:kiss2: That is very pretty, you are going to have French cuts as the setting stones? That will be knock your socks off beautiful!! Cant wait to see it!;)2
Thank you! Yes, each station will have three, 2mm square French cut moissanites.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Yes, each station will have three, 2mm square French cut moissanites.

Well well then as they say in French, Ooooo-La- La!!:geek2: Yes, my geek is showing haha! Please post picks as soon as they arrive..

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

oh i love french cuts! be sure to post a super involved post with lots of pictures lol. i'd love a french cut band if their cut is up to par.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I love this set, @Sezzwho! That ACC is one gorgeous stone! :kiss2:

I ordered two 6.5mm G/H color OECs from Tianyu and had them set them in platinum martini settings. They did a great job and I am super pleased with them. Now I just have to get used to the weight! :lol:

fullsizeoutput_5d26.jpeg

Earrings are hard to photograph for me because I can never seem to get both stones at the same angle. But they are a well matched set, even though in my pic it kinda looks like one table is larger than the other. It's not in real life!

I’m interested in ordering something like this! Is there somewhere on the website to see the settings or did you just let them know what you were looking for? I’m kind of overwhelmed by the website. Also— how do the OEC compare to the H&A in earrings. I’ve never seen one in person.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m interested in ordering something like this! Is there somewhere on the website to see the settings or did you just let them know what you were looking for? I’m kind of overwhelmed by the website. Also— how do the OEC compare to the H&A in earrings. I’ve never seen one in person.
I shot a video for you: https://streamable.com/jb87x
(Be sure to view in HD, otherwise it’ll be blurry.)

I love OECs so much, the broad flashes of sparkle really speak to me. That said, their H&As are really well cut, too. I don’t think you can go wrong, it just comes down to personal preference. =)2

At this point I don’t even bother with the Alibaba website, I just email my rep Emily directly. Her email is [email protected]. Just shoot her an email with what you are looking for, and let her know Kate sent you. She’ll give you my wholesale price and depending on the total amount of your order, an additional discount. Payment is done through PayPal so you’ll have six months of buyer protection. You can even tell her you want my settings and she’ll pull my CAD and take care of you! :mrgreen2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@jen2mc basically a OEC will have chunky facet cuts whereas the Hearts & Arrows will have more splintery type facets. It it just like mrsgreeneyes says, it boils down to preference. Personally I do like both but I am more in love with the splintery sparkle factor so I lean towards the H&A cut. OEC's are perfect to me in vintage type settings!=)2

@mrsgreeneyes, that is exactly what I did. I just shot her an email directly to that email address but I still have not heard anything back from her yet and it has been 24 hours. I did mention your name "Kate from the PS forum" if that was correct?..:?:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@mrsgreeneyes, that is exactly what I did. I just shot her an email directly to that email address but I still have not heard anything back from her yet and it has been 24 hours. I did mention your name "Kate from the PS forum" if that was correct?..:?:
They don’t work on the weekend and depending on where you are located, they are 11-13 hours ahead. So most likely it was already after business hours when you emailed yesterday.

If you’re comfortable, let me know your first name and I’ll zip Emily a message that she should be on the lookout just in case it went to spam! =)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
They don’t work on the weekend and depending on where you are located, they are 11-13 hours ahead. So most likely it was already after business hours when you emailed yesterday.

If you’re comfortable, let me know your first name and I’ll zip Emily a message that she should be on the lookout just in case it went to spam! =)2

I was wondering if that was what happened. Like you I am located in the South but I have no idea how many hours they are ahead of us over there. I know that the UK is about 6 hours ahead of me.

Thanks! My name is Sherri and that would be great! ;)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if that was what happened. Like you I am located in the South but I have no idea how many hours they are ahead of us over there. I know that the UK is about 6 hours ahead of me.

Thanks! My name is Sherri and that would be great! ;)2
Ok! I let her know to be on the lookout! I’m sure you’ll hear from her once she’s back in the office Monday.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
@Taurus2313 and @mrsgreeneyes thanks so much for the info! Between the OEC and the H & A is there one that looks more “diamond like”? It’s not my intention to misrepresent— but I do love the look of diamond studs. I’ve seen one mossianite in person and it did nothing for me (a somewhat cheap amazon purchase which was pretty dull and probably poor quality and was sent right back) but it’s made me nervous about if I will love one that is well cut. I see your rings and earrings and I can’t imagine not loving them!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@mrsgreeneyes, Bless you! :saint:Thanks so much hun!

@Taurus2313 and @mrsgreeneyes thanks so much for the info! Between the OEC and the H & A is there one that looks more “diamond like”? It’s not my intention to misrepresent— but I do love the look of diamond studs. I’ve seen one mossianite in person and it did nothing for me (a somewhat cheap amazon purchase which was pretty dull and probably poor quality and was sent right back) but it’s made me nervous about if I will love one that is well cut. I see your rings and earrings and I can’t imagine not loving them!!

I would have to say that if you want one that is more diamond like you will want the H&A cut. It is the industry highest standard for the top "Ideal Cut" of a Diamond.;)2 Hope that helps!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I love this set, @Sezzwho! That ACC is one gorgeous stone! :kiss2:

I ordered two 6.5mm G/H color OECs from Tianyu and had them set them in platinum martini settings. They did a great job and I am super pleased with them. Now I just have to get used to the weight! :lol:

fullsizeoutput_5d26.jpeg

Earrings are hard to photograph for me because I can never seem to get both stones at the same angle. But they are a well matched set, even though in my pic it kinda looks like one table is larger than the other. It's not in real life!

Do you have any more pictures of these— especially the setting?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do you have any more pictures of these— especially the setting?
Sure! Here are a few more pics and the CAD.

105EF5DD-3B9A-426F-AF09-E731505136F2.jpeg
BEAA5DA9-949D-4C55-9251-61964FC4B41C.jpeg
B2CDAB3C-7CC3-4BE9-82FE-3DED9A19E2E2.jpeg

I had them put a wide donut at the base so the bottom of the basket wouldn’t get into my ear hole and stretch it out. They got the size of it perfect.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Do they droop at all with the large donut? Also, you are lovely! Classic beauty!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Do they droop at all with the large donut? Also, you are lovely! Classic beauty!
Oh my goodness, bless you! Thank you! :kiss2:

I wear jumbo backs with them and no drooping. They’re quite heavy as I had them made in platinum, but still no issues yet with dropping. I do think that is the one thing I might have done differently - had them made in gold so they wouldn’t be as heavy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results