shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think starsgems and Tianyu’s stones are comparable? It’s hard for me to know what to look for so I’m just going one who’s had good experiences.

From what I have seen online so far I would say YES without a doubt but I have not seen them in person to say for definite. If you will Google Instagram pages for both of them you will see lots of videos and photos for their stock! ;)2

I emailed Cherry @ SG just a few hours ago for a video of their Hearts and Arrow so I will wait to see if she sends me one. I think it is probably around 2am there now so I will hear back from her tomorrow morning I am sure. Emily from Tianyu sent me a very nice video of their H&A Cut and I was impressed. :kiss2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Ok girls I finally decided on the ring..It is basically similar to the C&C ring that I received that was a total dud but I loved the ring and the style of the setting so I am hoping that I can get a good one this time around even if I am having it custom made. I decided on this one from Mossico because it was most like the style that I wanted.. It will have a 9mm round cut H&A DEF color center Moissanite stone held in place by 6 prongs and 1.5mm GH color Moissanite stones down the sides of the shank all in 14K White Gold. I don't think that either one would have a problem recreating this ring. What do you think?

https://www.moissaniteco.com/product_videos/player_150/ENG886.html

***Be sure to watch the videos for the hand shots too! (click on the 360, hand and photo icons in the left bottom corner of the video)***

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sent an email with my specifications earlier today. I can't wait to hear back from them and get some projects going. I do eventually want some stud earrings.....those are definitely on my list!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok girls I finally decided on the ring..It is basically similar to the C&C ring that I received that was a total dud but I loved the ring and the style of the setting so I am hoping that I can get a good one this time around even if I am having it custom made. I decided on this one from Mossico because it was most like the style that I wanted.. It will have a 9mm round cut H&A DEF color center Moissanite stone held in place by 6 prongs and 1.5mm GH color Moissanite stones down the sides of the shank all in 14K White Gold. I don't think that either one would have a problem recreating this ring. What do you think?

https://www.moissaniteco.com/product_videos/player_150/ENG886.html

***Be sure to watch the videos for the hand shots too! (click on the 360, hand and photo icons in the left bottom corner of the video)***

That is really, really pretty!!!!!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, the only thing I would say be careful of with Starsgems is that several of the stones I’ve seen have a strong yellow undertone. I don’t want to post pics and have anyone feel called out, but there have been a couple of people where I saw their stone and figured they must have ordered a J/K color only to have them comment they ordered a stone in the D/E/F range. So before they ship anything out, request that they show you pics of the specific stone from the side on a white background so you can see the body color. ::)

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Ok, the only thing I would say be careful of with Starsgems is that several of the stones I’ve seen have a strong yellow undertone. I don’t want to post pics and have anyone feel called out, but there have been a couple of people where I saw their stone and figured they must have ordered a J/K color only to have them comment they ordered a stone in the D/E/F range. So before they ship anything out, request that they show you pics of the specific stone from the side on a white background so you can see the body color. ::)
Good to know. Do the prices I posted seem in line?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Good to know. Do the prices I posted seem in line?
Based on what I just spent on my 6.5mm platinum version, yes. Did that include the autumngirlsoup discount? Maybe message her back with a link to the $170 set and ask her what the difference is. You never know!!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Based on what I just spent on my 6.5mm platinum version, yes. Did that include the autumngirlsoup discount? Maybe message her back with a link to the $170 set and ask her what the difference is. You never know!!

Yes— I sent her the link. I had requested 6mm stones but I guess I’d do 6.5mm to save 100. Not sure what the discount code is— but I referenced your name. Haven’t heard back yet but we shall see!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes— I sent her the link. I had requested 6mm stones but I guess I’d do 6.5mm to save 100. Not sure what the discount code is— but I referenced your name. Haven’t heard back yet but we shall see!
Sounds like you’ve got it well handled! :mrgreen2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m considering the lab created diamonds as well, as I’m looking just for smaller studs. Curious what the new Lightbox ones will be like.

I’m curious too! I can hardly wait!
Do you think starsgems and Tianyu’s stones are comparable? It’s hard for me to know what to look for so I’m just going one who’s had good experiences.

I have one RBC and one OEC... but for the price, I would just do whichever is cheaper. My $20 I-J stargem Moissanite is definitely a bit yellow, but I’m setting it in yellow gold so it’s allgood.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah I know what you are talking about and I totally agree! I have definitely been doing that and this is what I have so far so maybe you can give some input on that..
This is the H&A DEF Color video that I received from Emily @ Tianyu..It looks gorgeous!

These are the photos shared with me by Cherry @ StarsGems for their H&A EF Color cut in the 9mm size..
9mm EF Color Moissanite 1.jpg
9mm EF Color Moissanite 2.jpg
9mm EF Color Moissanite 3.jpg
9mm EF Color Moissanite 4.jpg

I have asked Cherry for a video of their stone but have not gotten one as of yet..

Thoughts?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I know what you are talking about and I totally agree! I have definitely been doing that and this is what I have so far so maybe you can give some input on that..
This is the H&A DEF Color video that I received from Emily @ Tianyu..It looks gorgeous!

These are the photos shared with me by Cherry @ StarsGems for their H&A EF Color cut in the 9mm size..

I have asked Cherry for a video of their stone but have not gotten one as of yet..

Thoughts?

That’s great! I’ve asked for pics/videos but am just getting pics from their website and not a ton of info. Thanks for posting.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thoughts?
The pics don’t make the SG look great, it looks off and I can’t see any arrows. Hold off judgement until you get a video, though. But, dang! That Tianyu stone... :love::love:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, I got a quote from Emily at Tianyu and I need your opinions.....DEF or GHI? Which one do you think is best? I want an old mine cut stone for a ring. I'm so excited!!!

Decisions, decisions!

Loretta

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, I got a quote from Emily at Tianyu and I need your opinions.....DEF or GHI? Which one do you think is best? I want an old mine cut stone for a ring. I'm so excited!!!

Decisions, decisions!

Loretta
Personally, I would do G/H/I for an old style cut. My OEC studs in this thread are their G/H color. =)2

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would do G/H/I for an old style cut. My OEC studs in this thread are their G/H color. =)2

for MRB I'd do DEF. Does anyone know how much a 6-6.5 mm pair of hearts and arrows moissy studs would cost through tianyu? blew all my money on a 5 stone and now have to wait on studs!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
for MRB I'd do DEF. Does anyone know how much a 6-6.5 mm pair of hearts and arrows moissy studs would cost through tianyu? blew all my money on a 5 stone and now have to wait on studs!

I’d be curious what other people are getting quoted as well. I’ve had some confusing emails from them. The best I can tell is $270-320?? I had emailed Emily but someone else responded to the email. Perhaps it matters who your rep is...

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had emailed Emily but someone else responded to the email. Perhaps it matters who your rep is...
Emily told me a couple of days ago that Ella (email address shows as jerrylu) is helping her since Emily has been overwhelmed by orders. So if you got a response from Ella/JerryLu then I think it should be the same and include my wholesale discount!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I asked for a quote on a bigger stone but wrote back this morning asking for a quote on a smaller stone. Just for the fun of it I may go that big one day, but I want to see how the stone looks in person first before I buy a large stone. These are the prices Emily gave me:

9*9mm(about 3.5-4ct) price
DEF Antique Cushion
$450/pc
GHI
Antique Cushion
$280/pc

Honestly, I didn't think that was all that bad, considering the size. Maybe this will give you some idea.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Emily told me a couple of days ago that Ella (email address shows as jerrylu) is helping her since Emily has been overwhelmed by orders. So if you got a response from Ella/JerryLu then I think it should be the same and include my wholesale discount!
s

Yes— I’ve been emailing with Ella. And perhaps I wasn’t clear enough or asked too many questions. I finally just told her exactly what I want and asked for a quote and referenced your name again.

llc328

Rough_Rock
Yesterday I emailed Emily as I had been in contact with her, and I asked her about the Kate discount as I already was given prices ..she replied early this
Morning and my price went higher!...$65.00 higher ..I had to read it a few times as I thought I was reading it wrong .. I was expecting a lower price mentioning the Kate discount ....I took screen shots of both prices in their seperate emails, to show Emily that has price now went up instead of lower for a discount, and sent the pictures ( screen shots) back to Emily ( and yes it was Emily who responded) waiting to hear back once again ....

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I emailed Emily as I had been in contact with her, and I asked her about the Kate discount as I already was given prices ..she replied early this
Morning and my price went higher!...$65.00 higher ..I had to read it a few times as I thought I was reading it wrong .. I was expecting a lower price mentioning the Kate discount ....I took screen shots of both prices in their seperate emails, to show Emily that has price now went up instead of lower for a discount, and sent the pictures ( screen shots) back to Emily ( and yes it was Emily who responded) waiting to hear back once again ....
LOL, oh bless! There must have been some kind of confusion! Hopefully it will all get sorted out in the next round of communication. :lol:

llc328

Rough_Rock
LOL, oh bless! There must have been some kind of confusion! Hopefully it will all get sorted out in the next round of communication. :lol:

I hope so! ..First thing I said was this is a discount?!? .. The price is higher .....Then I said I wanted the lower price she originally quoted me, that I didn't want a discount that cost more .. Lol!....Curious to see what she says ..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
The pics don’t make the SG look great, it looks off and I can’t see any arrows. Hold off judgement until you get a video, though. But, dang! That Tianyu stone... :love::love:

I totally agree and thought the same too. I received an email from Cherry at SG saying that she would send me a quote tomorrow whenever that is, lol.. I also still haven't received a video from her as of yet. Guess I need to ask again.

Emily did however send me an invoice/quote but I wanted to ask you..There is a charge for 5% Bank Transfer Rate Fee or something like that? Anyway it added an extra $30.00 to the price with the shipping too. I think my total quote/invoice is for like $642.00. I know when using Paypal to pay overseas they charge extra on top of the amount that you send. I don't know if that is the amount she already has quoted me figured in or if I will be charged more (than $642.00) from Paypal when the invoice is paid? Do you remember how that worked when you purchased from them?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
There is a charge for 5% Bank Transfer Rate Fee or something like that? Anyway it added an extra $30.00 to the price with the shipping too. I think my total quote/invoice is for like $642.00. I know when using Paypal to pay overseas they charge extra on top of the amount that you send.
That is exactly what it is, the PayPal transfer fee. I did not have any additional fees when I paid through PayPal, if my total was $500 then all that came out of my bank account was $500.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
That is exactly what it is, the PayPal transfer fee. I did not have any additional fees when I paid through PayPal, if my total was $500 then all that came out of my bank account was $500.

:kiss2:That's great to know! Thanks so much ;)2

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock

Yeah— this sort of happened to me, too. Not when I mentioned the discount, just between days. There totally could have been confusion on either side, but I’m thinking I might just wait for Lightbox to start selling their diamonds and check those out first, since I’m just looking for simple studs.

llc328

Rough_Rock

I Alwyas use credit card with PayPal... Can you use a credit card with the invoice they send? Thanks in advance....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results