shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I've been asking them for photos of stones throughout the process, just to make sure. I think being able to pick is a big deal.

I just asked again and they just sent me the stock photo again. Lol

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got something made from Tianyu and should be expecting it to arrive next week.

Ella sent me the pics. I communicate with her thru WeChat (China's version of watsapp). incredibly easy to deal with. they provided videos of stones and also final product and cad.

I wanted to make a pair of asscher cut studs. it's 5.1×5.1mm IJ colour 14k rose gold
and a pair of earring jackets with 2,3,4,5,6
2 MRB rest are OEC. all IJ colour 14k white gold
here are their pics.... mmexport1529537982893.png mmexport1529538012519.png mmexport1529537999687.png mmexport1529537962338.png

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got something made from Tianyu and should be expecting it to arrive next week.

Ella sent me the pics. I communicate with her thru WeChat (China's version of watsapp). incredibly easy to deal with. they provided videos of stones and also final product and cad.

I wanted to make a pair of asscher cut studs. it's 5.1×5.1mm IJ colour 14k rose gold
here are their pics.... mmexport1529537982893.png mmexport1529538012519.png mmexport1529537999687.png mmexport1529537962338.png

You have such perfect ideas! Lately I was thinking about getting the classic earring jackets, but it didn’t occur to me, I could get them in moissy! You just have me a fabulous idea! Thank you!
You earrings are beautiful!! Please, post earshots as soon as you get them!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my next project with Tianyu, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they handle a more involved design. Most of the rings I’ve seen from them so far have been simple solitaires and bands, nothing super intricate. I was a little worried about the milgrain, but seeing the work they did on @DiaDiva’s five-stone OEC ring has given me a bit more confidence. Previously I’ve only ever had milgrain done by hand, but at this price point I’m willing to concede to cast milgrain.

8ECE0E8A-B448-4EFC-BEB3-70A044D41A94.jpeg
4B9988FA-0A10-4B71-97AC-D65E99081243.jpeg

This will also be my first time seeing their French cuts, so all-around very excited for this little band. =)2

I think, I have seen your ring on IG! Is it in WG? It’s a beauty!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
69037D62-8537-45F1-B4CD-FB30125A1C04.jpeg

Here’s what they sent me. Any thoughts?
That’s just their color reference pic, so not at all what you’re looking for. I’ll message Emily and see what the disconnect is. I always ask to pick my stone and she just sends me a pic of what’s available and I choose one.

I think Kate from PS is probably fine. They seemed to have figured out it’s the same person. :lol-2:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium

HOLY SMOKES, those are yummy! :lickout:

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
That’s just their color reference pic, so not at all what you’re looking for. I’ll message Emily and see what the disconnect is. I always ask to pick my stone and she just sends me a pic of what’s available and I choose one.

I think Kate from PS is probably fine. They seemed to have figured out it’s the same person. :lol-2:

Thank you! I also said the autumn name in the last email. I’m name dropping all over the place!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_8383.jpg IMG_8374.jpg
I purchased this from another company a little while back. The photos were taken next to an open window and it's sunny out today. I will admit I paid a pretty penny for it, but I do really like the stone and if Tianyu Gems turn out to be this kind of quality then it will be the last time I pay a lot of money for a Moissanite. This stone is 7mm, near colorless. So we shall see..... waiting to hear back from Emily and hopefully by the first of next week we can get an order going. (Y'all, please excuse my dry hands.....I'm working for my husband today and it seems the a/c just turns my skin into dust, but what can you do in south Mississippi in the summer? He got into his pickup truck the other evening and it was 126 degrees, according to the vehicle thermometer!)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, that is a beautiful stone! Do you mind sharing where you got it from? What are your plans for it?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_8383.jpg IMG_8374.jpg
I purchased this from another company a little while back. The photos were taken next to an open window and it's sunny out today. I will admit I paid a pretty penny for it, but I do really like the stone and if Tianyu Gems turn out to be this kind of quality then it will be the last time I pay a lot of money for a Moissanite. This stone is 7mm, near colorless. So we shall see..... waiting to hear back from Emily and hopefully by the first of next week we can get an order going. (Y'all, please excuse my dry hands.....I'm working for my husband today and it seems the a/c just turns my skin into dust, but what can you do in south Mississippi in the summer? He got into his pickup truck the other evening and it was 126 degrees, according to the vehicle thermometer!)
Hi, Loretta! And welcome from a fellow Southerner! :mrgreen2:

I love the cut of your stone! It almost looks like an OEC/transitional but in cushion shape, and it's gorgeous! What are you thinking of ordering with Tianyu?

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't mind sharing the details at all! I ordered it from Fire and Brilliance and I paid just over $700 for it. My tentative plans are this: I am waiting on a vintage white gold band from a vendor at Ruby Lane. I have a jeweler who has done work for me for years now and I am going to get him to order a mounting from Stuller, I haven't yet decided on any diamond enhancements (or not) on the setting...you know the teeny tiny diamonds up the sides of the mountings? Yeah, those... It's a OMC in a cushion shape and that's what I want from Tianyu, only a little larger. Like I said, that's tentative, but I am glad I bought it. Here's the band I am getting.... band.JPG

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, lovely band, can't wait to see how your ring turns out.

I love checking into this thread and seeing everyone's sparklies :kiss2:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, lovely band, can't wait to see how your ring turns out.

I love checking into this thread and seeing everyone's sparklies :kiss2:

You and me both! I enjoy seeing what everyone has and the ideas are awesome. Right now, I am loving those asscher cut earrings!!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

:eek2:HOLY MACKEREL! Those earring jackets are to die for! Just gorgeous.. I am trying not to drool:Up_to_something: all over my keyboard, LOL!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
(Y'all, please excuse my dry hands.....I'm working for my husband today and it seems the a/c just turns my skin into dust, but what can you do in south Mississippi in the summer? He got into his pickup truck the other evening and it was 126 degrees, according to the vehicle thermometer!)

Welcome Loretta!:clap: Hey neighbor!!;)2 I am also located in South MS!! Trust me, I understand the heat too!!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I think, I have seen your ring on IG! Is it in WG? It’s a beauty!

Dkata, I saw it too and it is PRETTY!! I know she is going to love :kiss2:it!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome Loretta!:clap: Hey neighbor!!;)2 I am also located in South MS!! Trust me, I understand the heat too!!!

The struggle is real! This is why I stay inside and look at jewelry!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

And holy cow! I wish I could get my ears pierce without them getting infected because the jackets are gorgeousO_O

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank u all. it's supposed to arrive on Monday. I'll post ear shots when they do.

I am hoping the jackets will look nice so I can use my other studs or maybe even pearl studs to have multiple options

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank u all. it's supposed to arrive on Monday. I'll post ear shots when they do.

I am hoping the jackets will look nice so I can use my other studs or maybe even pearl studs to have multiple options

With those,:kiss2: the possibilities would be endless!!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Just got another email from Ella that made it seem like she didn’t remember our first conversations— made me think multiple people are maybe emailing from the account. Anyway, I asked again to see the stones to be able to pick and she’s said they would just pick the best ones. Are they rest of you guys able to pick your own stones. I guess maybe if I were working with Emily or if communication had been stellar, but I think I’ve lost a little confidence. I love seeing all of your projects and thanks to Kate for all of your help!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@jen2mc
I communicated with Ella thru their version of watsapp. so its only her and there is a history to track.

as the mossiy I requested were not available in that size. I had to pay, she got her cutters to cut and I selected/approved from there.
if it's in a cut or size they have on hand, she would send pics and video.

Hope that helps

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
@jen2mc
I communicated with Ella thru their version of watsapp. so its only her and there is a history to track.

as the mossiy I requested were not available in that size. I had to pay, she got her cutters to cut and I selected/approved from there.
if it's in a cut or size they have on hand, she would send pics and video.

Hope that helps

Thanks, yeah I’m not sure why they won’t send pictures. Perhaps they are just so swamped with orders and requests.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been watching this thread with interest. So much so that I have a video coming this week of an F/G asscher that is cut like a particular branded name well known in these parts on PS. I want it for my empty solitaire setting. I am thinking a 7.5x7.5mm. Hopefully it will be pretty enough. I hate an empty setting and I have not found one single colored stone I like. Though I don't really like colored stones in solitaires anyway.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66, did you ever sell your beautiful three stone OEC moissanite? Can't wait to see your new ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results