shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I Alwyas use credit card with PayPal... Can you use a credit card with the invoice they send? Thanks in advance....
I honestly do not know, I'm always using the balance in my account.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Alwyas use credit card with PayPal... Can you use a credit card with the invoice they send? Thanks in advance....

I believe that you can pay any way you would like when using paypal or with their invoice. But I'd recommend paypal since they give good protection for buyers.

llc328

Rough_Rock
I believe that you can pay any way you would like when using paypal or with their invoice. But I'd recommend paypal since they give good protection for buyers.

Thank you .... And Yes! I agree ..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@mrsgreeneyes -If I decide to go with Tianyu how do I pay? She sent me a invoice but it is not an invoice from Paypal. Whenever I sell my jewelry to someone I always send a detailed invoice from Paypal to them. Do you think that Emily would send me a detailed invoice from Paypal if I asked her to instead of the one that I received from them? I only ask because I am not sure how to go about paying the one that she sent me..

Thanks in advance!;)2

llc328

Rough_Rock
@mrsgreeneyes -If I decide to go with Tianyu how do I pay? She sent me a invoice but it is not an invoice from Paypal. Whenever I sell my jewelry to someone I always send a detailed invoice from Paypal to them. Do you think that Emily would send me a detailed invoice from Paypal if I asked her to instead of the one that I received from them? I only ask because I am not sure how to go about paying the one that she sent me..

Thanks in advance!;)2

I'm glad you asked this ..I would want a Paypal invoice as well .... I'll watching your post to see the answer

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I believe she will send a PayPal invoice, yes. I have always PayPal-ed the amount on the invoice to the PP address listed on the bottom left, I believe it is tianyu@tygems? And I include the invoice number and specific description of items in the notes section.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@mrsgreeneyes Thanks for your response! I did see that at the bottom of the invoice but I didn't know if I could type up a detailed invoice myself or what. I am just used to doing them for my buyers, I have never done one for a seller before,:mrgreen: LOL.. I might ask her to send me one through Paypal instead and see what she says. I would certainly want all the information on there that she already has listed on the company one she sent me. I am still trying to decide on going with them ATM because I am waiting on a quote from another deal to see if it will be better or not. Then I am waiting to hear back from SG also so it is a waiting game for now until I make a definite decision. At least Tianyu was fast on the ball and I didn't have to wait on them for anything. Emily has truly been AMAZING to deal with!!=)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@mrsgreeneyes Thanks for your response! I did see that at the bottom of the invoice but I didn't know if I could type up a detailed invoice myself or what. I am just used to doing them for my buyers, I have never done one for a seller before,:mrgreen: LOL.. I might ask her to send me one through Paypal instead and see what she says. I would certainly want all the information on there that she already has listed on the company one she sent me. I am still trying to decide on going with them ATM because I am waiting on a quote from another deal to see if it will be better or not. Then I am waiting to hear back from SG also so it is a waiting game for now until I make a definite decision. At least Tianyu was fast on the ball and I didn't have to wait on them for anything. Emily has truly been AMAZING to deal with!!=)2
Emily is very sweet, I’ve enjoyed working with her. I know they are going through some growing pains because they were not expecting my review to take off, but as long as someone has patience they will have a wonderful experience with her and Tianyu. =)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Let me just say a huge THANKS to you @mrsgreeneyes! Because you have not only helped me but you have been very helpful to so many other people online as well regarding your Tianyu experience. You have been quite the trooper in putting up with our many questions and allowing us to use your discount! So thank you and big hugs from the lower South! :kiss2:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Let me just say a huge THANKS to you @mrsgreeneyes! Because you have not only helped me but you have been very helpful to so many other people online as well regarding your Tianyu experience. You have been quite the trooper in putting up with our many questions and allowing us to use your discount! So thank you and big hugs from the lower South! :kiss2:
Of course, any time! I’ve really been having fun doing it, especially engagement rings. Oh. My. Gosh. The engagement photos I’ve been sent, so adorable! I’m a romantic at heart so pictures of a guy on one knee and the woman crying with happiness get me every time. :kiss2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, any time! I’ve really been having fun doing it, especially engagement rings. Oh. My. Gosh. The engagement photos I’ve been sent, so adorable! I’m a romantic at heart so pictures of a guy on one knee and the woman crying with happiness get me every time. :kiss2:

:pray:Aww, how awesome and what a blessing for you! It is just like Paying it Forward!:saint: You have certainly done that and isn't it so heartwarming when it comes back around?!!;)2

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I would say becareful with both Tianyu and StarsGem.

My 2 stones from Tianyu weren't great, I order a D/E and F/G loose stones and they both looked yellow and the cut didn't look like the kind on their glamour page. If you want to see pics and videos I have, I can show them.
But Emily was really nice, said she'll talk to her manager and QA people, and I decided to give them a 2nd chance and I should get my new one soon. They didn't try to deflect the their fault. From my USPS notice, my stones got back to them safe.

For StarsGem, I actually like my 1st ring and stone. The 2nd ring they made for me though, was full on not impress. I asked to see the pictures of the ring before it got sent out. The cut looks beautiful, but the stone looked yellow and the setting itself was no gos, so I asked for a full refund, but she kept insisting I give them another chance to redo it. So I guess, I'm one of those people who give 2nd chances so I'll see how this ring and stone turns out.

MrsGreenEyes is the one person that has consistently good products from Tianyu and I know another buyer from another forums who has consistent good products from StarsGem. So I wanted to try for myself about the 2 companies. I had too much trust in other people's experiences. I think you just need to be vigilant and ask to see the stone before hand of what you are purchasing and not just in their glamorous lighting. And once they have the finish product, ask to see pictures and videos before they are sent out.

Both companies are making a ring for me right now. Tianyu with a H&A cut and StarsGem with an OEC cut.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Lucky_Rabbit - did you ever do the white paper test on the Tianyu stones like I suggested? I must have missed it over on the Bee! ::)

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
@Lucky_Rabbit - did you ever do the white paper test on the Tianyu stones like I suggested? I must have missed it over on the Bee! ::)

No, I didn't. I just put the loose stones on my white counter and I could still see the yellow tint to it still. That's really all I needed to see. I've seen loose stones from C&C and MoissaniteCo and they didn't have the yellow tint to them without me doing the paper test. And it wasn't just the color either. My didn't have the good arrows to the cut like you got. I wanted to be able to see the arrows by just looking at the stones. I didn't tell Emily about the color issues, more about the cut issues. She was understanding about it. She showed me what they're supposed to look like.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I'm becoming more color sensitive than before or my house is just too warm. Either way, was not impressed. Did not look like the good H&A that you got or the other bee on WB got. It lacked bit of contrast.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No, I didn't. I just put the loose stones on my white counter and I could still see the yellow tint to it still. That's really all I needed to see. I've seen loose stones from C&C and MoissaniteCo and they didn't have the yellow tint to them without me doing the paper test. And it wasn't just the color either. My didn't have the good arrows to the cut like you got. I wanted to be able to see the arrows by just looking at the stones. I didn't tell Emily about the color issues, more about the cut issues. She was understanding about it. She showed me what they're supposed to look like.
I’m so sorry your experience wasn’t what you hoped for. I’m very color sensitive so I understand what you mean. I was a little nervous that I should have ordered F color OEC studs instead of the G/H color I did order, but when I received them they had no yellow body color and I was very relieved. I hope the next go-round with Tianyu is everything you hoped for! :mrgreen2:

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry your experience wasn’t what you hoped for. I’m very color sensitive so I understand what you mean. I was a little nervous that I should have ordered F color OEC studs instead of the G/H color I did order, but when I received them they had no yellow body color and I was very relieved. I hope the next go-round with Tianyu is everything you hoped for! :mrgreen2:

I think it also doesn't help that my skin stone is warm either, lol. So it will amplify the yellow tone. I do like that Emily was very easy to work with after my issues. She didn't try to make excuses or try to put the blame on my eyes or my surroundings like some company would. So for sure, if this ring comes out good I wouldn't mind buying more stuff from her:D I got some female friends and sisters that might like a cute necklace or bracelet for Christmas.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky, I’d love to see pics when you get a chance!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Lucky, I’d love to see pics when you get a chance!
My stone holder is yellow, so the loose stones look much more yellow. The smaller one is supposed to be colorless D/E and the bigger one is supposed to be near colorless F/G. Color aside, I just wasn't that impress with the cut. They look better than the pictures though, lol.
IMG_20180530_123401.jpg
IMG_20180530_122449.jpg IMG_20180530_122918.jpg IMG_20180530_123349.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180530_123650.jpg
    IMG_20180530_123650.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 44

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Here are videos. The ring is from StarsGem. They look better outside (it was shady out though).

I want to link these out so the videos can be seen bigger, but it won't let me.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I would say becareful with both Tianyu and StarsGem.

My 2 stones from Tianyu weren't great, I order a D/E and F/G loose stones and they both looked yellow and the cut didn't look like the kind on their glamour page. If you want to see pics and videos I have, I can show them.
But Emily was really nice, said she'll talk to her manager and QA people, and I decided to give them a 2nd chance and I should get my new one soon. They didn't try to deflect the their fault. From my USPS notice, my stones got back to them safe.

For StarsGem, I actually like my 1st ring and stone. The 2nd ring they made for me though, was full on not impress. I asked to see the pictures of the ring before it got sent out. The cut looks beautiful, but the stone looked yellow and the setting itself was no gos, so I asked for a full refund, but she kept insisting I give them another chance to redo it. So I guess, I'm one of those people who give 2nd chances so I'll see how this ring and stone turns out.

MrsGreenEyes is the one person that has consistently good products from Tianyu and I know another buyer from another forums who has consistent good products from StarsGem. So I wanted to try for myself about the 2 companies. I had too much trust in other people's experiences. I think you just need to be vigilant and ask to see the stone before hand of what you are purchasing and not just in their glamorous lighting. And once they have the finish product, ask to see pictures and videos before they are sent out.

Both companies are making a ring for me right now. Tianyu with a H&A cut and StarsGem with an OEC cut.

Lucky, Sent you an email...;)2 But now I see you posted the photos and video here..

I can see no difference whatsoever in the color of the D/E and the F/G.. :|Also the stones do not look very clear. They appear hazy/cloudy to me.. The arrows are not definitive!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Lucky, Sent you an email...;)2 But now I see you posted the photos and video here..

I'll reply to your email once I get home and I can give more details about my experiences with both. I can say for sure though, if you want a ring made, I would go with Tianyu. I haven't got my ring from Tianyu, but StarsGem butchered my 2nd ring from them. At least from the pictures and videos I saw.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I'll reply to your email once I get home and I can give more details about my experiences with both. I can say for sure though, if you want a ring made, I would go with Tianyu. I haven't got my ring from Tianyu, but StarsGem butchered my 2nd ring from them. At least from the pictures and videos I saw.

Gotcha!;)2 Sounds good.. Thanks for the info..

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Ella responded about the discount. She said you have to spend over $500 for a 3% discount. Thought this might be helpful info!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, you get the wholesale price for the referral, and then additional 3% off for over $500 and 5% for over $1000.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Yes, you get the wholesale price for the referral, and then additional 3% off for over $500 and 5% for over $1000.

Thanks for all your help!
I’m a little nervous reading the less than stellar reviews on stones. What do you think I can ask them to make sure I get a “mrsgreneyes” type stone?! Lol. When I’ve asked for pictures, I’m just getting the general one from their website.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all your help!
I’m a little nervous reading the less than stellar reviews on stones. What do you think I can ask them to make sure I get a “mrsgreneyes” type stone?! Lol. When I’ve asked for pictures, I’m just getting the general one from their website.
Be sure to give them my Reddit username - autumngirlsoup. They won’t know who mysgreeneyes is! :lol:

I would ask if she will send you pics of available stones so you can pick which one you’d like. They had a cutting issue a few weeks ago which were the stones LuckyRabit received, but my understanding is that has been resolved.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been asking them for photos of stones throughout the process, just to make sure. I think being able to pick is a big deal.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Be sure to give them my Reddit username - autumngirlsoup. They won’t know who mysgreeneyes is! :lol:

I would ask if she will send you pics of available stones so you can pick which one you’d like. They had a cutting issue a few weeks ago which were the stones LuckyRabit received, but my understanding is that has been resolved.

I’ve been saying “kate from pricescope” will they know who that is?

I’ll ask that question about available stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results