shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Monday is a public holiday in China so you won't be getting a reply until Tuesday. It's Tuanwu Festival aka dragon boat festival.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Monday is a public holiday in China so you won't be getting a reply until Tuesday. It's Tuanwu Festival aka dragon boat festival.

Thanks! Didn't know that and I guess that explains why I still have not heard back from them..

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Didn't know that and I guess that explains why I still have not heard back from them..

I haven’t either so I’m sure they are just not in the office yet. I’ll let you know when I hear something.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
My CADS are done, and were emailed to me this morning! I am buying bezel earrings (6mm each) and a 4mm eternity band. Both in 14KT white gold, and the price is very reasonable. If they look like the pics of the stones they emailed me I will be thrilled!

mmexport1529046511147.jpg

mmexport1529046507777.jpg

Love the earrings. Did you go with OEC or H&A?

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I shot a video for you: https://streamable.com/jb87x
(Be sure to view in HD, otherwise it’ll be blurry.)

I love OECs so much, the broad flashes of sparkle really speak to me. That said, their H&As are really well cut, too. I don’t think you can go wrong, it just comes down to personal preference. =)2

At this point I don’t even bother with the Alibaba website, I just email my rep Emily directly. Her email is [email protected]. Just shoot her an email with what you are looking for, and let her know Kate sent you. She’ll give you my wholesale price and depending on the total amount of your order, an additional discount. Payment is done through PayPal so you’ll have six months of buyer protection. You can even tell her you want my settings and she’ll pull my CAD and take care of you! :mrgreen2:

I somehow missed the video! Thanks so much for making this. Do you know how to view it in HD? It’s blurry and I’m not sure the fix.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I somehow missed the video! Thanks so much for making this. Do you know how to view it in HD? It’s blurry and I’m not sure the fix.
I believe the ability to do that is only available on desktop - I can never access it on mobile.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I haven’t either so I’m sure they are just not in the office yet. I’ll let you know when I hear something.
Sherri - I just heard from Emily and she found your email. You should be hearing from her shortly!

@jen2mc - Am I assuming correctly that your first name is Jen? Emily is still searching for your email, but I may have gotten your name wrong.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Sherri - I just heard from Emily and she found your email. You should be hearing from her shortly!

@jen2mc - Am I assuming correctly that your first name is Jen? Emily is still searching for your email, but I may have gotten your name wrong.

Thanks! Actually, it’s Jessica. The screenname is confusing!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be on the safe side, you might want to ask to see the gems you are purchasing. I've bought 2 loose stones from Tianyu and they weren't great. Not what I expected from all the great reviews from people. Luckily, I contacted her and she was super nice and apologetic and I'm in the process of getting an exchange. So we shall see how it goes the 2nd time around.

Hmm. I asked my rep from Tianyu about an exchange/return and she said no dice - my OEC was a custom order, and final sale. I’ll post pics. Maybe it’ll look better set but I have to say, I wasn’t feeling the wow. I think that my 1ct RBC Moissanite from starsgem on eBay for $20 is making me a lot happier!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I asked my rep from Tianyu about an exchange/return and she said no dice - my OEC was a custom order, and final sale. I’ll post pics. Maybe it’ll look better set but I have to say, I wasn’t feeling the wow. I think that my 1ct RBC Moissanite from starsgem on eBay for $20 is making me a lot happier!
Interesting. What about it was custom? Good news is that selling on LT or DB should hopefully be easy! And yes, please post pics!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg image.jpg

Ok well now I feel like a negative Nellie! In this lighting, the J-colour 1ct RBC looks like crap and the oec (bottom stone) from Tianyu is looking really good. I’m going to reserve judgement for when I see it set. The middle stone is a 1.5ct RBC cz.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. What about it was custom? Good news is that selling on LT or DB should hopefully be easy! And yes, please post pics!

True!

I think I was underwhelmed because it looked so much like cz to me. But if it lasts longer... then that would be good!

And honestly, today is the first day I’ve seen it in lighting that made it look really good. And I’ve almost never seen a large diamond OEC in person... so maybe I don’t even know what to look for. I’ll post a pic in different lighting.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Any pic taken in the gem jars will look off, the plastic over the top will make the moissies look plastic-y. Do you have one of those loose stone ring holder thingies??

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock

I was emailing with stargem! Do you really like the one you got? How’s the cut?

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Got a quote from Ella this morning. It seemed higher than what was listed on their website but I did ask for a smaller stone, so maybe it has to be custom cut?? I asked that question and a few others. Excited to work on this project!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was emailing with stargem! Do you really like the one you got? How’s the cut?

The stone sparkles! The one I got was $20 Canadian. Good deal! Not sure I’d shell out $100+... might just wait for a lab-created diamond.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Got a quote from Ella this morning. It seemed higher than what was listed on their website but I did ask for a smaller stone, so maybe it has to be custom cut?? I asked that question and a few others. Excited to work on this project!
What did you ask for and what was the quote, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious if their prices are rising because of how popular they are getting.

llc328

Rough_Rock
@mrsgreeneyes
Thank you for all the information.. I am
In contact with Emily.. She's very prompt with her return emails and I just mentioned Kate sent me!.. I asked about a discount .. Waiting to hear back about it ..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks so much! We have been exchanging emails and keeping in touch. She is great!;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Any pic taken in the gem jars will look off, the plastic over the top will make the moissies look plastic-y. Do you have one of those loose stone ring holder thingies??

Hahahaha! :lol:I have one of those ring holder thingies, who knows what they are really called!! :lol-2:That was too cute!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I am also in contact with Cherry @ Starsgems and she has been very responsive. I have the stone size narrowed down and am looking for a setting. Going to see what kind of pricing I can get between SG and Tianyu.. Will go with the best price of course!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha! :lol:I have one of those ring holder thingies, who knows what they are really called!! :lol-2:That was too cute!!
You know how it goes - don’t know the name? can’t remember the word? Call it a thingie! :lol:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
You know how it goes - don’t know the name? can’t remember the word? Call it a thingie! :lol:

LOL! :D Or a thingamajig!! {Oops, I might be showing my age}

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
The stone sparkles! The one I got was $20 Canadian. Good deal! Not sure I’d shell out $100+... might just wait for a lab-created diamond.

I’m considering the lab created diamonds as well, as I’m looking just for smaller studs. Curious what the new Lightbox ones will be like.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
What did you ask for and what was the quote, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious if their prices are rising because of how popular they are getting.

Sure. I asked for pricing on 6mm martini earrings in white gold. I asked for quotes on both OEC and brilliant.

$280 brilliant
$325 OEC

That still seems like a good price, but I saw the same earrings with 6.5mm for like $170 on their website.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I am also in contact with Cherry @ Starsgems and she has been very responsive. I have the stone size narrowed down and am looking for a setting. Going to see what kind of pricing I can get between SG and Tianyu.. Will go with the best price of course!

Do you think starsgems and Tianyu’s stones are comparable? It’s hard for me to know what to look for so I’m just going one who’s had good experiences.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results