shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Yes, I'm worried it's too thick. I wanted 2x4 stones, which they told me they could do, then after payment they decided they couldn't only in baguettes. They told me the claw prongs would be better than the channel for light return.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I'm worried it's too thick. I wanted 2x4 stones, which they told me they could do, then after payment they decided they couldn't only in baguettes. They told me the claw prongs would be better than the channel for light return.
It might be better for light return, but that does not look like a comfortable band at all. If they can’t do it the way you want, it’s time to go back to the drawing board, or pull out entirely. Seriously, you don’t want to spend $1,500 on something you won’t wear.

Last edited:

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I do think the band is too much too. All ideas are welcome! I wish it was sitting closer to my hand and smaller.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Would you guys do the smaller baguettes? I have read they don't really sparkle. Channel set or closer to my fingers? I so wish they could have done the 2x4 stones.

Mrsemond

Rough_Rock

I would just do half etirnity or 3/4 to be sure it's comfy

That what I'm doing probably 6 stone

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The half band seems like a good idea. I did the math on your ring- based off your 5 x 3 stones and that puts the band at more than 6 carats. Maybe I have small dreams, but that seems like too much for an eternity band, even with your 4.5 carat three stone ring.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The moissanite baguette ring that I bought has zero sparkle. It might be better in an East/West layout if you can keep them in an emerald cut. That design looks pretty but as others have said, it will be incredibly uncomfortable. If it is just a baguette band, I would not do it unless you were going to mix in some rounds. Even my 3 stone with tapered baguettes I am redoing with diamonds because I love the center stone but the baguettes still look like plastic to me.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Ok, so should I do the emerald east to west, or ask for a band channel set?

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I agree, the band is too much for the 3 stone.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like channel set bands for comfort. I think other styles are prettier but find that I actually wear channel set! But comfort is key for me, in everything.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, so should I do the emerald east to west, or ask for a band channel set?
I think if you really want an eternity, then a channel set band would be the most comfortable. But that won't really resolve the thickness issue. Your best bet there is to do it as a seven stone. And ask them to set those stones in the band as low as possible, there is quite a bit of room for them to be set lower.

Here is a 3x5mm seven stone I found on Google, to help you visualize:

L-ES569PLWB.jpg

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Ok, I found 2 settings that I think would be better, opinions please!
Screenshot_20181028-163404.png Screenshot_20181028-163456.png Screenshot_20181028-161703.png Screenshot_20181028-161642.png

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I think if you really want an eternity, then a channel set band would be the most comfortable. But that won't really resolve the thickness issue. Your best bet there is to do it as a seven stone. And ask them to set those stones in the band as low as possible, there is quite a bit of room for them to be set lower.

Here is a 3x5mm seven stone I found on Google, to help you visualize:

L-ES569PLWB.jpg

Thanks for finding that! I've been pouring over rings.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
QUOTE="Hulamom4, post: 4437517, member: 105713"]Ok, so should I do the emerald east to west, or ask for a band channel set?[/QUOTE]
The look that you are going for kind of reminds me of some rings I have seen from the East/West Gem company. You can take a look at their etsy page. As many other’s have stated, I think when you start getting too far over 3-3.5 carat equivalent’s, you are going to have a hard time closing your fingers and it is a lot of bling with the matching ring you are looking at. Here are a few examples shown with EC’s that are 3x5. There is also the option of doing a version with baby Asscher’s or even putting those in a channel set band and since it is also a step cut, I think it goes very well with your 3 stone ring. If you know which style you like the most, that will help us with the advice we are offering.

North/South version:
2B6BE8DF-B774-46F2-9D35-982D2B2BB7FD.jpeg

East West version:

FAA5AB29-9045-444B-AD1E-9DDE6E78F346.jpeg

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I hadn't thought of doing that cut. I have looked at the east to west styles, I don't know why, but, it seems to bother me that the stones would be going the opposite direction? I just want and emerald cut 3 stone, and an eternity band. I hate roll around with a passion. I'm in my 40's, no more kids, and I'm sizing this up some as well, also I like gaps between my rings too.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Well, I just got an email, and Ella said they can't change the design unless I pay another $50.00.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I hadn't thought of doing that cut. I have looked at the east to west styles, I don't know why, but, it seems to bother me that the stones would be going the opposite direction? I just want and emerald cut 3 stone, and an eternity band. I hate roll around with a passion. I'm in my 40's, no more kids, and I'm sizing this up some as well, also I like gaps between my rings too.
Then I would ask if they can lower the stones in the eternity as much as possible.

Well, I just got an email, and Ella said they can't change the design unless I pay another $50.00.
To make changes to your current CAD, or to create a new CAD for a different design (ie, the seven stone)?

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
I'm attaching the agreement. 2x4 stones and the original ring for the band. The design was lower set. She did say they can drop the stones closer to my finger, but that's it.
Screenshot_20181029-085408.jpg 20181016_231702.png

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm attaching the agreement. 2x4 stones and the original ring for the band. The design was lower set. She did say they can drop the stones closer to my finger, but that's it.
It sounds like that is your preference anyway. I get charging another CAD fee for an entirely new design that was not included in the initial quote, but from your post a few minutes ago it doesn't seem like the seven stone is what you really want. So I'd nix that idea and have them set the stones lower and send you the CAD for the design change so you can review.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
QUOTE="Hulamom4, post: 4437517, member: 105713"]Ok, so should I do the emerald east to west, or ask for a band channel set?
The look that you are going for kind of reminds me of some rings I have seen from the East/West Gem company. You can take a look at their etsy page. As many other’s have stated, I think when you start getting too far over 3-3.5 carat equivalent’s, you are going to have a hard time closing your fingers and it is a lot of bling with the matching ring you are looking at. Here are a few examples shown with EC’s that are 3x5. There is also the option of doing a version with baby Asscher’s or even putting those in a channel set band and since it is also a step cut, I think it goes very well with your 3 stone ring. If you know which style you like the most, that will help us with the advice we are offering.

North/South version:
2B6BE8DF-B774-46F2-9D35-982D2B2BB7FD.jpeg

East West version:

FAA5AB29-9045-444B-AD1E-9DDE6E78F346.jpeg [/QUOTE]
Yes! I love that band.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The emerald cut band shows the stone sizes at 2x4 and the picture I linked shows them at 3x5, so I think you will be okay here getting what you want. Yes, If they can lower it for you as much as possible since they have a tendency to make the rings thicker than the CAD’s sometimes.

It looks like they are being a lot less flexible with changes and charging more for CAD’s to be re-done so it is probably important for other people who come across this thread to make sure they know exactly what they want before ordering.

I can’t believe that you can get 40 pieces of emerald cut eternity loose moissanites for $11.55 in E/F color. That shows what the mark up really is for these man made stones.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Do you ladies recommend paying via PayPal or have some of you gone through Alibaba to save on fees?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do you ladies recommend paying via PayPal or have some of you gone through Alibaba to save on fees?
I have only ever paid through PayPal, and will continue to do it that way. I don't even know how many orders I've placed with them at this point (15? 20??), and even though everything has always gone perfectly, I still use PayPal. It's less about the buyer protection, and more about the protection of my financial information.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I have only ever paid through PayPal, and will continue to do it that way. I don't even know how many orders I've placed with them at this point (15? 20??), and even though everything has always gone perfectly, I still use PayPal. It's less about the buyer protection, and more about the protection of my financial information.

Completely understandable! My order will be minute compared to most so I was just curious. I can’t imagine the fee being that much, considering. Thanks for the info! ;)2

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

15-20 pieces! i'm so curious! can we see your collection and can you tell us which pieces worked best and if there are any that missed the mark? pretty please =) or let me know if it's upthread and i missed it.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I am just as curious as Bludiva!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I would suggest paying with PayPal if this is your first order. If you have any disputes, I think it is easier to resolve from the US side. Any orders after that, you can do a payment through Alibaba. You have to set up an account with Alibaba for this and you do have some buyer protection with their service too, but I still think PP is the way to go on your first transaction.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
15-20 pieces! i'm so curious! can we see your collection and can you tell us which pieces worked best and if there are any that missed the mark? pretty please =) or let me know if it's upthread and i missed it.

I started this thread so I posted pics of a lot of them on the first page. There are quite a few that were gifts, so are repeats of what I’ve already posted. Studs, for example. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results