shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Tomorrow is still a shipping day. I know how upsetting this has been, and Tianyu has lost your trust, but please give this the rest of today before you start worrying too much. I feel very confident it is going to ship out of China today or tomorrow at the latest (and I really do think it will be today), and then you will not have to worry about the holiday. I’m thinking you’ll have your gorgeous ring by middle of next week. Hugs!!

I think that there really needs to be clarification on the shipping process from overseas. This is my first order from Overseas so me and others need to know what to expect as far as that goes. I guess it is not like here in the USA where when a shipment is actually given to the carrier it is actually scanned in at that time..

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have lived in several different countries. You can not expect the same customer service that you get in the US as you do in other countries. It just doesn’t work like that. I know this can be a frustrating process but they are trying to fill a lot of orders before their holiday. I have no doubt that you will get your ring by mid-week as mrsgreeneyes has said but it does take some patience. It is miracle already that we can get something from China in less than a week

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I have stuff marked as “shipped” all the time when I order online in the US. Sometimes it’s 24-48 hours before tracking info actually shows up so I can see where it is, and once it does, it normally says that it was just picked up or scanned in at the first destination or “hub” or whatever. I think this is a similar type situation. I don’t think they’re trying to be dishonest in this case, but the other poster who had several days gap I believe was Tianyus error. Just my humble opinion. =)2 I think she’ll get back with you and you’ll have it in you’re hands very soon. Can’t wait to see pics!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I understand but all I have to go by is what I was told and what is in black and white before me.
screenshot-www.logistics.dhl-2018-09-28-09-56-00-952.png
This is a learning process as I have never ordered from Over-Seas before. I guess next time I will know that when they tell you your order has been shipped that it will be an additional 2 more days or so before you can actually verify that information.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I have stuff marked as “shipped” all the time when I order online in the US. Sometimes it’s 24-48 hours before tracking info actually shows up so I can see where it is, and once it does, it normally says that it was just picked up or scanned in at the first destination or “hub” or whatever. I think this is a similar type situation. I don’t think they’re trying to be dishonest in this case, but the other poster who had several days gap I believe was Tianyus error. Just my humble opinion. =)2 I think she’ll get back with you and you’ll have it in you’re hands very soon. Can’t wait to see pics!

Yeah I order a lot online and ship a lot too so I know how things work here. I am not familiar with how it works in other countries hence coming here for the advice. I will say this much though, whenever I ship out anything to a buyer I wait until I have given the package to the carrier to send them the tracking number so that they can see that the item has officially been given to them. I know all too well about how many companies pull that low ball about shipping out your order when all they have really done is just print a label meanwhile your package is sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be picked up by a carrier or handed off. I would never do my customers like that even though I have been done that way many times. After all any post office or carrier cannot state they have your package in their possession until they actually have it.

How I do things for my buyers and how things are done in other countries outside of the USA are obviously different as Swaye mentioned above but the fact remains that if you tell someone that their package has been shipped they are inclined to believe that unless the tracking shows different. Even in the USA on my orders online, I do give the shipping confirmation at least 24 hours to update but since she said that the package was shipped already 24 hours ago (really longer than that by now since it was actually the 26th at night here) I was shocked to see the update from DHL said what it did. I am going to give it time to update today and see what happens. As of right now it is 11:13PM over there from my time..

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - that is correct. I had the same thing but I expected that there were going to be some transfers before it got picked up and sent out plus the time change/weekend The info is created at the time a label is generated but they may not have a pick up until the end of the day. It is already Saturday in China so hopefully it gets transferred and ends up on a plane tonight so the tracking on DHL will generate. Almost every time I have gotten a text either late in the day or evening. I just don’t want to leave other people with the impression that they are lying about it. I think they are just getting overwhelmed.

I also have ordered many things from China for my business and until this year with Speedpak, I would have to wait more than a month for the items.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I order a lot online and ship a lot too so I know how things work here. I am not familiar with how it works in other countries hence coming here for the advice. I will say this much though, whenever I ship out anything to a buyer I wait until I have given the package to the carrier to send them the tracking number so that they can see that the item has officially been given to them. I know all too well about how many companies pull that low ball about shipping out your order when all they have really done is just print a label meanwhile your package is sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be picked up by a carrier or handed off. I would never do my customers like that even though I have been done that way many times. After all any post office or carrier cannot state they have your package in their possession until they actually have it.

How I do things for my buyers and how things are done in other countries outside of the USA are obviously different as Swaye mentioned above but the fact remains that if you tell someone that their package has been shipped they are inclined to believe that unless the tracking shows different. Even in the USA on my orders online, I do give the shipping confirmation at least 24 hours to update but since she said that the package was shipped already 24 hours ago (really longer than that by now since it was actually the 26th at night here) I was shocked to see the update from DHL said what it did. I am going to give it time to update today and see what happens. As of right now it is 11:13PM over there from my time..

I understand what you’re saying. So sorry about all your frustrations! I hope you get good news when you talk to her. =)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - that is correct. I had the same thing but I expected that there were going to be some transfers before it got picked up and sent out plus the time change/weekend The info is created at the time a label is generated but they may not have a pick up until the end of the day. It is already Saturday in China so hopefully it gets transferred and ends up on a plane tonight so the tracking on DHL will generate. Almost every time I have got a text either late in the day or evening. I just don’t want you to leave other people with the impression that they are lying about it. I think they are just getting overwhelmed.

I also have ordered many things from China for my business and until this year with Speedpak, I would have to wait more than a month for the item.

Speedpak is the worst when you’re spoiled by things like Amazon Prime! Lol! That’s how my SG loose stone was sent to me and it seemed like a lifetime before it got to me. I agree it’s a small miracle things can get to us as quick as they do now from China.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I know that I paid $35.00 for shipping. I am assuming that it is DHL Express? Thing is I don't have a local DHL anywhere near me so they have to drive the package straight to me from way up North. It's like a 3-4 hour drive for DHL to get it to me..

Also I ordered a stone from SG last night. I paid extra for Express Shipping. Do they ship DHL also?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Speedpak is the worst when you’re spoiled by things like Amazon Prime! Lol! That’s how my SG loose stone was sent to me and it seemed like a lifetime before it got to me. I agree it’s a small miracle things can get to us as quick as they do now from China.
You didn’t pay for the Express Speedpak on that one though. Normal shipping time for the rings is 3 days from China. Most of the time I have gotten them in 3 days with the exception of when it fell over a Sunday.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I know that I paid $35.00 for shipping. I am assuming that it is DHL Express? Thing is I don't have a local DHL anywhere near me so they have to drive the package straight to me from way up North. It's like a 3-4 hour drive for DHL to get it to me..

Also I ordered a stone from SG last night. I paid extra for Express Shipping. Do they ship DHL also?
Yes - they use DHL as well. The express shipping for that should also be 3 days. If you ordered it through ebay, you can track it but without knowing specifics, you might want to check with them.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - they use DHL as well. The express shipping for that should also be 3 days. If you ordered it through ebay, you can track it but without knowing specifics, you might want to check with them.

Thanks! Nothing has been shipped yet because the stone that I wanted is going to have to be cut so it will be after the holiday before it is even ready..;)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You didn’t pay for the Express Speedpak on that one though. Normal shipping time for the rings is 3 days from China. Most of the time I have gotten them in 3 days with the exception of when it fell over a Sunday.

Well whatever it was, it was slow as Christmas but only cost $3 :lol:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Well whatever it was, it was slow as Christmas but only cost $3 :lol:
The express Speedpak cost $19 which is the 3 day at least for SG. I think Tianyu charges a little bit more for their’s

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I woke up Fri morning (09/28) to a message from Emily that my ACC eternity had shipped, and then woke up this morning (09/29) to another message from her with the DHL tracking number. When I check the tracking number it just says “Shipment information received.” Similar to your timeline, @Taurus2313, and similar to my previous experiences. I anticipate that I will receive this package Wed or Thurs. Has your tracking updated with your delivery date?

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
It’s so pretty, and I LOVE the YG!!!

Thanks! I really like it too. I had asked for white gold without the rhodium plating, as that’s my preference personally & I have handmade pieces like that. But I think that it confused them, or their gold alloy is different from ours. Either way, I really love how it turned out, & do like the color a lot.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
mrsthirdcharms-
That’s such a pretty ring- it has a lotus vibe to it ❤️

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I really like it too. I had asked for white gold without the rhodium plating, as that’s my preference personally & I have handmade pieces like that. But I think that it confused them, or their gold alloy is different from ours. Either way, I really love how it turned out, & do like the color a lot.

Wait, you asked for WG and they made it in YG? And you’re ok with that? Lol. You’re much more forgiving than I am if so. :confused2:

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Wait, you asked for WG and they made it in YG? And you’re ok with that? Lol. You’re much more forgiving than I am if so. :confused2:

I asked for un-plated white gold, which isn’t white in the sense that we normally think about it. If you buy artisanal white gold, a lot of times it comes without the rhodium dip. It’s a softer yellow. I have other examples. Their metal alloys are different from the ones that we are used to here in the United States. It’s probably a higher concentration of gold and other yellow metal.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I asked for un-plated white gold, which isn’t white in the sense that we normally think about it. If you buy artisanal white gold, a lot of times it comes without the rhodium dip. It’s a softer yellow. I have other examples. Their metal alloys are different from the ones that we are used to here in the United States. It’s probably a higher concentration of gold and other yellow metal.

Ok, maybe I’m colorblind then or it’s the lighting because it looks like straight up YG to me. Regardless, all that matters is you’re happy, and I think they did a great job! Can’t wait to see hand shots!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I tried asking for unplated white gold one time and they were confused by that too. First they said that they didn’t dip them in rhodium but then we found out that they call it rhodium water instead of rhodium plating. After they understood what I wanted, they said they couldn’t do it because it would oxidize. I don’t know what the process is to keep that from happening because unplated white gold kind of looks like white gold but with a yellow warmth to it. I also kind of like the look of oxidized gold because it is kind of in fashion at the moment but I have no idea if that is what I would actually get.

I think your ring turned out really nice. It does look exactly like the CAD. The only thing I wished they had done was to make the cut out’s a little longer and thinner so that the marquise could naturally become part of the shank like your inspiration picture. I know you tried to make them understand but it is very close to the look you were going after.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I tried asking for unplated white gold one time and they were confused by that too. First they said that they didn’t dip them in rhodium but then we found out that they call it rhodium water instead of rhodium plating. After they understood what I wanted, they said they couldn’t do it because it would oxidize. I don’t know what the process is to keep that from happening because unplated white gold kind of looks like white gold but with a yellow warmth to it. I also kind of like the look of oxidized gold because it is kind of in fashion at the moment but I have no idea if that is what I would actually get.

I think your ring turned out really nice. It does look exactly like the CAD. The only thing I wished they had done was to make the cut out’s a little longer and thinner so that the marquise could naturally become part of the shank like your inspiration picture. I know you tried to make them understand but it is very close to the look you were going after.

I wish they had done a more nuanced job with the cutouts too, but honestly I think it’s a good interpretation. I was undecided about asking for it in YG to begin with, and now that I see how the color turned out, I really am pleased.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
ADF59888-75E3-406E-90F6-C381C64E0C6D.jpeg 44ED8E67-CB9B-4B6C-BEB8-3495B27797C7.jpeg E4D37DC6-55A4-45E6-B4D1-59340822F69C.jpeg

I got a
message from Sophia this morning that my ring is ready. Here are some pictures, I think it turned out well : )

I think that the cutouts look great and "flow" with the rest of the ring. It is very pretty:kiss2: and all that matters is that you are very pleased with it. Congratulations to you!:dance:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I woke up Fri morning (09/28) to a message from Emily that my ACC eternity had shipped, and then woke up this morning (09/29) to another message from her with the DHL tracking number. When I check the tracking number it just says “Shipment information received.” Similar to your timeline, @Taurus2313, and similar to my previous experiences. I anticipate that I will receive this package Wed or Thurs. Has your tracking updated with your delivery date?

**I signed up with DHL yesterday to receive tracking updates and the package was finally picked up in Hong Kong by them on today-9/29/18. The tracking says that I have an estimated delivery date of Thursday Oct. 4th 2018..

embdiva

Rough_Rock
Has anyone bought a stone from India? I am looking at a stone on eBay from a seller by the name of everlast4all. Comments or opinions?

Moissamight

Rough_Rock

I love that color and think it works well with flower design. It's gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results