shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Taurus, sorry to hear about your troubles with your ring!

I thought I would share this with the group. I asked Sophia for an update on my order, after not hearing anything for a couple of days. She replied:

Hi dear,

Sorry for my late reply. because yesterday is our Chinese Mid-autumn Day.

We will prority your prdocution , but since the shipping courier will stop collecting the package on Date Sept28th.

So there actually only have 3 days left, (because still need one day more for small transhipment).
but to ensure quality and details, we had better do it not too rush but effecient.

Because Soon Oct 1-Oct 7 will be Chinese National Holiday. Workers are now all over-working the orders and make posssible
ordres finish before holiday. so that at least can ship out all orders once we get back to work.

thank you and hope you can understand.

Best regards,
Sophia

I replied & told her that I would rather wait and have them take the time to execute my custom order correctly, rather than rush it through. Is it possible that they might have made a mistake in this rushed production? It’s worth asking about... good luck & sorry that this happened to you!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I have been crying:cry2: my eyes out over this issue and I don't think that I am being treated fairly by them. In fact I feel like I am being bamboozled. It is just bad business all the way around. I had waited for like a week to hear something back from her about production of the ring after agreement of the CAD. I finally heard back from her on Sunday night and she said that the ring was already finished and she would send me photos and video tomorrow because it was a Chinese Autumn Holiday there. I said that will be fine. I get the email from her today to approve of the final ring and I told her it was perfect. Then I asked her to send me a video of the Radiant cut so that I could see what it looked like before shipment. That is when and only when I got a reply back saying that there would be extra charges for the additional gold! I was never informed prior to production that it was going to involve more gold weight and therefore more cost!

I am going to request a refund in Alibaba and hopefully I will get it. I just don't feel comfortable dealing with them now at this point because who knows what they will do the ring just to cut cost. It is not right to do what they have done here and I do not feel good about doing business with them again in the future. I guess I should have gotten SG to do it but I took a chance and trusted Tianyu and now this has been done. I do not trust them now!:(2

Guess I will stick to buying local or eBay..
Sad and disgusted!!sad :((

Oh no, I am so sorry:( I know it took a lot for you to take a chance. I don't know why she did that. That's bad business for sure. I've changed my dimensions with Tianyu and SG both, after paying and they never asked for more money. The only time I ever got charged extra was last time with Tianyu, but she told me why before I sent my money. So not sure what is going on over there or what exactly is happening with your ring. Maybe there was a confusion with their holiday like PP mentioned. I'm sure they won't do anything to your ring or gem. Maybe they won't charge you the extra fee if you threaten to cancel and get a refund?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I ordered my stone, I was told it would be mailed in 5 days but I think they forgot. I checked in about 10 days later and they said they'd ship it the next day. In reallity, it shipped 4 days later. They also gave me the wrong PayPal address to send my payment so it went into no man's land until PayPal sent me an email a month later saying my payment was refunded. I contacted tianyu, got the correct address and paid on Monday. I feel like they may be overwhelmed.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
**Got an update..Ella admitted it was her fault for what happened, that she should have cleared the weight before ordering and she apologized about it. She said that she hoped that I would cancel the refund request in Alibaba. I told her that I would cancel the refund request if she would promise to send me the original ring as purchased and not make any modifications to it. She agreed so everything has been approved and my order should be shipping out to me tomorrow.

With that said, would I order from them again? I honestly do not think so because of so many reasons. For one, to me the whole reason behind receiving a quote for anything is to get an idea of what you are going to be looking at for charges. When it comes to something like this, what is quoted on the invoice for payment should be the only amount required/requested unless there are changes made by the customer. I never asked for or requested any changes once I finally agreed on the CAD which was the first original CAD I was sent. I didn't ask for upgrades, more gold, bigger stones or any customized work outside of the original invoice. I didn't even know that the ring was finished or completed until I contacted her for an update on the order a week later. She never contacted me to let me know that the ring was indeed ready.

The whole situation was handled very poorly. The very idea that you wait until you hear from me that I am very happy with the final finished product to tell me that there will be additional charges, is ludicrous! In essence to me it felt like my ring was being held hostage and I was being forced to pay more money in order to receive it. That is very bad business.
I totally agree with @SporkingQueen that a good business would just eat the cost if they under-priced your quote. Which Tianyu is now doing (as they say) but that should have been something that was decided before ever hassling me over more money. It was very upsetting and stressful. It should have never been an issue especially since this was my VERY FIRST order/experience with them.

I purposely waited a while before ordering with them to see how everyone else was getting along on their projects. I didn't see anyone having major issues so I took the plunge. After all, I had a very simple design for my request and it should not have ever come to this.

:saint::pray:I want to thank everyone that provided feedback and support on this subject and for all your kind words. This is why I love Price Scope!

Bless you all! I will post pics of my ring when I finally get it in my possession.;)2

bher

Rough_Rock
6717F3FD-9A71-45DF-BE81-8983665AEE2A.jpeg D3281CFA-603C-4882-B539-21B7601A9B02.jpeg 4A7345C6-A75E-4798-AFE6-9BF6A88834C9.jpeg 7AF8E06A-B609-4F6A-9264-96BBE45FAE5A.jpeg

My custom setting came today. I posted the details in a previous thread but thought I’d attach pictures here for people who might be referencing this thread in the future for projects. Thankful for everyone’s help!

What a lovely setting. I was hesitating on contacting Ella about a similar project! It so beautiful. How do you like it so far?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@bher I would suggest that you be very careful in dealing with Ella on a project because of what just happened with me. I would also suggest that you deal with Emily or someone else instead. I really do hate to say that because I had previously constantly bragged on Ella prior to this for her great communication and fast response time to my questions and emails. Even if you are clear and concise on what you want obviously things can get out of hand.:(2

mgw

Rough_Rock
Hi, first time posting!

I asked for a quote for a custom order by emailing Emily per the contact info shared by mrsgreeneyes/autumngirlsoup/Kate (have been trying to keep up across Reddit, PS, WB, etc!). I was directed to Sophia.

In getting the quote, I sent a picture of the inspo ring and provided thickness and width measurements based off the thickness and width listed on the CADs for my engagement ring and wedding band, but didn't send those CADs to her as I didn't want her to get confused since the wedding band is actually pretty similar to what I'm requesting, but different size stones so has different measurements around the stones. What mattered was the ring size, width, and thickness, and she had all that information before quoting me.

Once I agreed to the pricing (with her knowing all the details - the number of stones and size of stones, cut quality, color, clarity, metal choice, ring size, ring thickness, and ring width), I paid.

She then asked for the CAD of my existing rings to ensure the rings match, to which I said I don't think there is a need, because I gave the measurements requested, sent a photo of the inspo ring, and had already paid for my specifications.

She insisted (her exact response: "I just talked to our jeweler. he said to ensure perfect match your origianl enagement ring. We wanted to ask a CAD drawing(your orignal ring) we want to see its design and data"). Mind you, I did not ask for an exact match to anything - definitely not my engagement ring - because this ring is similar to my wedding band, but smaller stones and two more stones - but she insisted, so I finally decided to send the full CAD (which has the exact same width and thickness measurements I had previously provided). When attaching the CAD, I explicitly stated the following: "I've attached the CAD for my wedding band, but that had seven 4mm stones, so please ensure the CAD you send me is for nine 3mm stones."

The measurements I had sent all along - from when I was asking for a quote, to payment, to what was listed on the CAD I sent - was 1.8mm thickness and 2.6mm width.

The CAD came back with 1.5mm thickness and 1.8mm width - aka way thinner!

I wrote back immediately and said so. Sophia came back with a long explanation, complete with a hand-drawn explanation of what she was trying to convey, which basically amounted to the fact that it would require a lot more metal (and cost me more) to somehow beef up the prongs to be large enough to match the dimension drawn on my wedding band CAD of prong-to-prong across a stone (4.6mm). THIS is why I never wanted to send that CAD - what a weird way to interpret it!! Of course I don't want a 3mm stone to sit in a setting with huge prongs to match the 4mm setting I have!! According to the drawing Sophia sent me, they were suggesting prongs that were 0.8mm EACH to match the wedding band I never asked them to match! This is a NEW ring, I just want it to sit on my finger similarly to how my existing rings sit on my ring with regards to thickness and width.

In addition to the totally botched interpretation of the CAD I never wanted to send them to begin with, she then told me they'd need to charge me extra for more metal.

I wrote back in a bit of a huff saying that the level of confusion required on their end to even come up with an interpretation of the CAD that resulted in what they were suggesting was preposterous to me. I asked them to ignore that I ever sent them a CAD after placing the order, and to just start from scratch with all the details in my original order, measurements included.

What a mess!

I bought a caliper off of Amazon to show them the exact measurements I'm looking for. I'm going to ask them that they similarly measure all relevant parts of the ring (mid and upper shaft as well, given previous issues others have had) when it has completed production, as I feel the only way this will work when they are this slammed is to really be on top of every last detail.

:wall:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, first time posting!

I asked for a quote for a custom order by emailing Emily per the contact info shared by mrsgreeneyes/autumngirlsoup/Kate (have been trying to keep up across Reddit, PS, WB, etc!). I was directed to Sophia.

In getting the quote, I sent a picture of the inspo ring and provided thickness and width measurements based off the thickness and width listed on the CADs for my engagement ring and wedding band, but didn't send those CADs to her as I didn't want her to get confused since the wedding band is actually pretty similar to what I'm requesting, but different size stones so has different measurements around the stones. What mattered was the ring size, width, and thickness, and she had all that information before quoting me.

Once I agreed to the pricing (with her knowing all the details - the number of stones and size of stones, cut quality, color, clarity, metal choice, ring size, ring thickness, and ring width), I paid.

She then asked for the CAD of my existing rings to ensure the rings match, to which I said I don't think there is a need, because I gave the measurements requested, sent a photo of the inspo ring, and had already paid for my specifications.

She insisted (her exact response: "I just talked to our jeweler. he said to ensure perfect match your origianl enagement ring. We wanted to ask a CAD drawing(your orignal ring) we want to see its design and data"). Mind you, I did not ask for an exact match to anything - definitely not my engagement ring - because this ring is similar to my wedding band, but smaller stones and two more stones - but she insisted, so I finally decided to send the full CAD (which has the exact same width and thickness measurements I had previously provided). When attaching the CAD, I explicitly stated the following: "I've attached the CAD for my wedding band, but that had seven 4mm stones, so please ensure the CAD you send me is for nine 3mm stones."

The measurements I had sent all along - from when I was asking for a quote, to payment, to what was listed on the CAD I sent - was 1.8mm thickness and 2.6mm width.

The CAD came back with 1.5mm thickness and 1.8mm width - aka way thinner!

I wrote back immediately and said so. Sophia came back with a long explanation, complete with a hand-drawn explanation of what she was trying to convey, which basically amounted to the fact that it would require a lot more metal (and cost me more) to somehow beef up the prongs to be large enough to match the dimension drawn on my wedding band CAD of prong-to-prong across a stone (4.6mm). THIS is why I never wanted to send that CAD - what a weird way to interpret it!! Of course I don't want a 3mm stone to sit in a setting with huge prongs to match the 4mm setting I have!! According to the drawing Sophia sent me, they were suggesting prongs that were 0.8mm EACH to match the wedding band I never asked them to match! This is a NEW ring, I just want it to sit on my finger similarly to how my existing rings sit on my ring with regards to thickness and width.

In addition to the totally botched interpretation of the CAD I never wanted to send them to begin with, she then told me they'd need to charge me extra for more metal.

I wrote back in a bit of a huff saying that the level of confusion required on their end to even come up with an interpretation of the CAD that resulted in what they were suggesting was preposterous to me. I asked them to ignore that I ever sent them a CAD after placing the order, and to just start from scratch with all the details in my original order, measurements included.

What a mess!

I bought a caliper off of Amazon to show them the exact measurements I'm looking for. I'm going to ask them that they similarly measure all relevant parts of the ring (mid and upper shaft as well, given previous issues others have had) when it has completed production, as I feel the only way this will work when they are this slammed is to really be on top of every last detail.

:wall:

It sounds like the popularity is catching up with them and they’re becoming overwhelmed.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
o_OPersonally I am seeing a common theme here of them asking for more money after receipt of payment with the excuse of "More Gold/Metal required"..:confused:

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
I'm so glad it all worked out!!! I hope this buying experience doesn't mar your feelings about your ring.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’m really glad to have had a successful project with Tianyu.
I don’t think they had any idea how many orders were going come in with their popularity on Reddit, PriceScope, and WeddingBee. They’re probably very overwhelmed right now, and not taking enough time to evaluate and communicate with their customers, hence some recent addition costs on orders. I hope they can either increase their staff to keep up with the orders coming in, or give more realistic turn around times on projects so they avoid future overages, mistakes, and upset customers.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
They are getting overwhelmed and not everyone has the same level of English. Some people are running it through a translator, with incorrect wording/translations which is making this process even harder. As other people have mentioned, it is a holiday over there all next week so it is probably better to try not to rush anything through right now. Take the time to get it right before it ships.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
What can anyone tell me about the shipping process with Tianyu? I was told that my order was shipped but I have not received any tracking information as of yet. Ella keeps telling me that she will send it when she has it? I thought that was something that was made available at the time of packaging and actual shipment? Is she giving me the run around or is this normal??

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What can anyone tell me about the shipping process with Tianyu? I was told that my order was shipped but I have not received any tracking information as of yet. Ella keeps telling me that she will send it when she has it? I thought that was something that was made available at the time of packaging and actual shipment? Is she giving me the run around or is this normal??
Everything gets packaged up with an address label and then sent to DHL where a tracking number gets assigned. It takes DHL 1-2 business days to update them with the tracking number.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Everything gets packaged up with an address label and then sent to DHL where a tracking number gets assigned. It takes DHL 1-2 business days to update them with the tracking number.

Thank you, this is good to know.;)2

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
My ACC eternity band is done... :eek2:
Dart girl! That is a whole lot of sparkle!
How thick is it? Do you think it will be comfortable? It’s stunning and has an amazing presence, but as someone who usually sticks to thinner bands, I’m having a hard time imagining it on the hand.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dart girl! That is a whole lot of sparkle!
How thick is it? Do you think it will be comfortable? It’s stunning and has an amazing presence, but as someone who usually sticks to thinner bands, I’m having a hard time imagining it on the hand.
The CAD shows it as a height of 4mm, so definitely a hefty band. I naturally have quite a bit of space between my fingers, so we’ll see!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Hmm, dont know what to think here. Ella told me on 9/27/18 that my package had been shipped. I was waiting for a tracking number from her to verify. She provided the tracking number today. This is what it says: Friday September, 28 2018
Tracking information received. Shipment not yet picked up by DHL

So I guess it really hasn't been shipped like she said going by this information:(2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, dont know what to think here. Ella told me on 9/27/18 that my package had been shipped. I was waiting for a tracking number from her to verify. She provided the tracking number today. This is what it says: Friday September, 28 2018

So I guess it really hasn't been shipped like she said going by this information:(2

It sounds like you’re not the first person that’s been told their order shipped to find out it was actually shipped days later. Between the holiday and the volume of orders they’re probably receiving, it appears the proverbial ball is getting dropped.

Hopefully the service will get better once they adjust through the growing pains because a lot of people were really happy with their experience and the products they received. The unfortunate thing is once a handful of people start sharing issues they’ve had, it deters the newcomers from using them. This could really hurt them I think.

It’s making me personally second guess ever risking it. I think I’ll stick with North American companies at this point, unless it’s for loose stones.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You also have to keep in mind that depending on where you are located, they could already be on the next day. Tianyu is 13 hours ahead of me, so my tracking consistently shows shipping updates for the next day, until it arrives in the US. And a package only shows “picked up” once DHL scans it to put on a truck or pallet. So Tianyu puts the address label on there, sends it off to DHL, DHL assigns a tracking number (this is where you are at), and then it shows as “picked up” once DHL scans it to load on a truck or pallet. So yes, your package has been shipped and DHL has it.

I’ll try to dig up one of my tracking notices to see if I can better show this process. :)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You also have to keep in mind that depending on where you are located, they could already be on the next day. Tianyu is 13 hours ahead of me, so my tracking consistently shows shipping updates for the next day, until it arrives in the US. And a package only shows “picked up” once DHL scans it to put on a truck or pallet. So Tianyu puts the address label on there, sends it off to DHL, DHL assigns a tracking number (this is where you are at), and then it shows as “picked up” once DHL scans it to load on a truck or pallet. So yes, your package has been shipped and DHL has it.

I’ll try to dig up one of my tracking notices to see if I can better show this process. :)

Aaaahhhhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you’re not the first person that’s been told their order shipped to find out it was actually shipped days later. Between the holiday and the volume of orders they’re probably receiving, it appears the proverbial ball is getting dropped.

Hopefully the service will get better once they adjust through the growing pains because a lot of people were really happy with their experience and the products they received. The unfortunate thing is once a handful of people start sharing issues they’ve had, it deters the newcomers from using them. This could really hurt them I think.

It’s making me personally second guess ever risking it. I think I’ll stick with North American companies at this point, unless it’s for loose stones.

Thank you!:pray: The one thing I cannot stand is a lie. I don't like being told one then and then done another. I don't understand why it is so hard for people to just tell the truth!:confused: What started out as a good thing went so far South in a matter of minutes and it seems to do nothing but stay there. Not only have there been total disappointments and frustrations with this order that should have never happened now I have to contend with them lying to me about the actual shipment after I canceled the refund request in Alibaba? I contacted Ella about it and she is yet to respond back about the so called shipping of my order. Yes, they are 13 hours ahead of me as well and I have taken that into account the entire time..

Yes the ball is getting dropped-BIGTIME! Especially to new customers. Is that going to have a negative effect on them- YOU BETCHA! Anytime you have bad customer service it is definitely going to effect your business and your bottom line!

I can still rate this transaction in Alibaba and I fully intend to!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

Usually there is a day where it is packaged and picked up....then it has to fly to Mainland China before DHL picks it up and the Speedpak process starts with 3 day shipping (depending on where you are). Usually the US is 3 days. There is also a 12+ hour time change. It has shipped but with the time change and various transfers, it might be 5 days and usually Sunday does not count as a business shipping day. It happens fast once the process gets going but you have to have paitience. Before they started Speedpak, you would have to wait a month for something from China.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
All of my tracking numbers have expired, so unfortunately I can’t show you step-by-step what I mean. But your tracking will most likely update later today (remember, the vast majority of commercial freight flights occur at night) and then you’ll have your delivery date.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Everything is about to shut down there for an entire week for Chinese Holiday. From October 1st through the 7th. I placed my order on the 14th of September and based on what everyone was saying about receiving their custom orders within 14 days I was hoping to have had mine by the end of the month but that is surely not happening. Now since it has not been shipped or given to DHL per the DHL website, it will be about a month before I receive my order due to everything shutting down for Chinese Holiday.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tomorrow is still a shipping day. I know how upsetting this has been, and Tianyu has lost your trust, but please give this the rest of today before you start worrying too much. I feel very confident it is going to ship out of China today or tomorrow at the latest (and I really do think it will be today), and then you will not have to worry about the holiday. I’m thinking you’ll have your gorgeous ring by middle of next week. Hugs!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Mainland China? I though that they were already on the mainland in China? We will see if there is an update later on today but like I said I was told that the order was shipped 24 hours ago but DHL is saying that they have not received it. I am waiting to see what Ella has to say about the shipping process.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Mainland China? I though that they were already on the mainland in China? We will see if there is an update later on today but like I said I was told that the order was shipped 24 hours ago but DHL is saying that they have not received it. I am waiting to see what Ella has to say about the shipping process.
There are different provenances. Ella always told me it has to take a short flight that counts as 1 day on the shipping from her perspective before it gets picked up DHL and you get a tracking notice (plus you have to factor in the time change). They aren’t trying to lie about anything, it just has to go through its process. As mrsgreeneyes says, you will get a text update when the tracking starts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results