shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies, this is seriously it! I’m totally blown away by this set and shocked at how far my dollar goes with Tianyu
Look at this beauty:
Packing was improved over the first time- the new dark blue velvet box is much better made. I’ll actually keep it
AC611FE1-C244-4003-9305-7859ADF824E4.jpeg
Rings sealed for my security of course
251FD07E-DD6E-4339-A3C9-2260531D99F0.jpeg
Time to get to the good stuff:
87401A88-9C00-4E64-A874-0D44FFF9E817.jpeg
Look at how nice the band fits on the main ring:
B15FD552-9E92-4B99-8226-6395931A8EF5.jpeg
Nice gallery on the ring, cut outs are clean and well polished
3E19C3B2-3DF3-447E-A0A9-7D8570B7F241.jpeg
One more because I love this set:
A5AF1393-D990-40D9-BBCA-A55F0FC67263.jpeg
I can’t even begin to to say how happy I am with this set! The only change I would make would be to have the halos all at a slight angle which would have improved the profile from the side, but other than that, it’s just lovely. The weight on the ring is very nice too; my scale showed 10.6 grams including the band. Extra points to whoever suggested the claw prongs- they blend so nice with the center stone. :kiss2:

I second and third what everyone else has said here!! :kiss2: Love it, it looks gorgeous and they did do a great job on it. Love the claw prongs too! If I ever get them to make me one that call for prongs I will definitely request claw prongs.=)2

I am having them make a ring for me too! It is channel set so no claw prongs this time around, lol. Finally dipping my toes in the Tianyu pond!:dance:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
After waiting over 4 weeks to get a CAD from DK, I’m seriously considering having Tianyu just do it. I’d have to find a design I love first though, which could prove difficult. I know they won’t be able to assist in the process and I’ll have to explain exactly what I want them to do. Which is why I went to DK in the first place but geez!!!! A month is a LONG time.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
After waiting over 4 weeks to get a CAD from DK, I’m seriously considering having Tianyu just do it. I’d have to find a design I love first though, which could prove difficult. I know they won’t be able to assist in the process and I’ll have to explain exactly what I want them to do. Which is why I went to DK in the first place but geez!!!! A month is a LONG time.

That is a long time! I’m now forever spoiled by less than 24 hours CADS from Tianyu! We could all help you with a design!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That is a long time! I’m now forever spoiled by less than 24 hours CADS from Tianyu! We could all help you with a design!

Awwwww, thank you! :kiss2: I fell in love with something like this basket, but all 3 round stones. And I want to integrate all 3 baskets together somehow so it doesn’t just look like 3 separate stones glued on a band if that makes sense. Something similar to a trellis style.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnbk0EzBhUO/

I have a billion other inspiration pics but I won’t derail the thread. I might start a new one though if I decide to go this route!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

:-oThat is definitely a long time to wait on a CAD.. There is a lot of help here from great people if you decide to go with Tianyu. I just placed a custom order with them too and plan on having members of this group to chime in with their opinions and expertise on the CAD when it comes time.;-)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:-oThat is definitely a long time to wait on a CAD.. There is a lot of help here from great people if you decide to go with Tianyu. I just placed a custom order with them too and plan on having members of this group to chime in with their opinions and expertise on the CAD when it comes time.;-)

Oh I’ll definitely be asking for help once I get them, from either jeweler! My issue is that I don’t even know what to tell them to make. Lol! I’m relying on DK to come up with a design based on my inspiration pics. I don’t trust Tianyu to have that much responsibility. Plus I wouldn’t have the patience. Lol

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I’ll definitely be asking for help once I get them, from either jeweler! My issue is that I don’t even know what to tell them to make. Lol! I’m relying on DK to come up with a design based on my inspiration pics. I don’t trust Tianyu to have that much responsibility. Plus I wouldn’t have the patience. Lol

Oh okay, I see;)2, that is probably why it is taking him a while but still a month is a bit long in my book.
Ella is wonderful to work with and she doesn't have any problem understanding my english or articulations. Regretfully I only have one photo to show them to go by for my design so I will definitely have to rely on the CAD to make sure that it goes well but it is a pretty simple design so I don't see many problems or issues popping up. I am not requesting any milgrain, special prongs or anything like that. Plus I also added a Radiant cut DEF stone to the order for another ring I will be receiving soon so I cannot wait to see it in person.=)2

Okay, I admit it..I have a Jewelry addiction!:roll2: There I feel better now..:nono:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh okay, I see;)2, that is probably why it is taking him a while but still a month is a bit long in my book.
Ella is wonderful to work with and she doesn't have any problem understanding my english or articulations. Regretfully I only have one photo to show them to go by for my design so I will definitely have to rely on the CAD to make sure that it goes well but it is a pretty simple design so I don't see many problems or issues popping up. I am not requesting any milgrain, special prongs or anything like that. Plus I also added a Radiant cut DEF stone to the order for another ring I will be receiving soon so I cannot wait to see it in person.=)2

Okay, I admit it..I have a Jewelry addiction!:roll2: There I feel better now..:nono:

Oh I agree wholeheartedly!!! I can’t wait to see all your sparkles!!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
After waiting over 4 weeks to get a CAD from DK

I'm of the vote that you should stick it out. For mine, the wait was a bit long (maybe give them a call just to figure out a timeline), but I knew I could trust David and Amy. I didn't worry too much about details getting lost. My confidence in DK and Amy made the cost and wait worth it and I knew they would want me to be happy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David was out of the country for 3 weeks until August 23rd. I think he is probably quite backed up with emails and projects. You might gently nudge again and say you have waited that long to hear from him.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
David was out of the country for 3 weeks until August 23rd. I think he is probably quite backed up with emails and projects. You might gently nudge again and say you have waited that long to hear from him.

Ive emailed him with a stone size modification and another with inspiration pics but he hasn’t responded to either. I think I’d feel like a pest if I sent any more emails. Lol! I talked to someone over on WB that emailed him August 6th and just today got a response. She was provided a quote and should have CADs next week. Another poster said her Ring was in production and would take 7-10 business days to complete and that was over 2 weeks ago. She still hasn’t heard a peep. I know he got back in the office at least a week before Amy, who returned on the 23rd. I think he’s just super backed up so I’m trying my best to be patient. I’m hoping I’ll hear something next week sometime. Fingers crossed! And I’ll start a new thread once I get CADs for advice! I’ll definitely need it so be on the lookout ladies!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I heard from him earlier this week and, along with having been in Asia, he mentioned he also had been quite sick. :(2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I heard from him earlier this week and, along with having been in Asia, he mentioned he also had been quite sick. :(2

Oh no! That’s awful! I heard Amy’s health wasn’t good either. What is going on???

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
@btrizzy, have you recieved your rb ring yet? Do you like the setting and the stone? I have an ACA as well and I am thinking about getting an rb moissanite from tianyu.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive emailed him with a stone size modification and another with inspiration pics but he hasn’t responded to either. I think I’d feel like a pest if I sent any more emails. Lol! I talked to someone over on WB that emailed him August 6th and just today got a response. She was provided a quote and should have CADs next week. Another poster said her Ring was in production and would take 7-10 business days to complete and that was over 2 weeks ago. She still hasn’t heard a peep. I know he got back in the office at least a week before Amy, who returned on the 23rd. I think he’s just super backed up so I’m trying my best to be patient. I’m hoping I’ll hear something next week sometime. Fingers crossed! And I’ll start a new thread once I get CADs for advice! I’ll definitely need it so be on the lookout ladies!
He isn't offended if someone emails to check up on progress. I would let him know you have been waiting, especially if he provided a timeframe that has passed. Can't wait to see what you are planning.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's here! I think they did a lovely job. It is a tad too big, more like a 7.75 but I think I can deal with that since it fits on both right and left hands. If I keep losing weight I will put it on the middle finger of RH but it stacks ok too with my Tiffany milgrain ring above. Nice heft to it in platinum and the polish is excellent with no rough spots. I did make sure to ask that the polish be well done and Ella checked it for roughness before shipping out. Overall I am very happy with the workmanship for the price.

Oof are my hands dry...
20180912_165439.jpg 20180912_165441.jpg 20180912_165435.jpg

Is this also your ring on their Instagram page? I saw a video there and it looked looks the same. Absolutely beautiful.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this also your ring on their Instagram page? I saw a video there and it looked looks the same. Absolutely beautiful.
Ooh I don't know. What IG page? I think they have several.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No that is not mine. I think it is rose or yellow gold and the Xs are not crossed the same. It looks pretty.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
257F6133-4F45-4749-B87E-122BF9E83833.jpeg E1F20B10-5D73-4076-9E5C-3DB523B98C68.jpeg
Hi everyone, I have learned a lot from this thread and taken inspiration from all of your projects! I placed an order with Sophia at Tianyu. I got my CAD. I feel like the drawing is a little off, and would love to get your feedback! See below.
5AFB9912-AD67-4CAA-B401-FC2412385043.png
The above are top and side view of the inspiration ring that I’m trying to emulate the design elements. What do you guys think?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cutouts of the gallery look more round in the CAD rather than elongated like the original. The slope of the cathedral shoulders also looks less delicate and fluid than the original.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies -

I need some expertise on this CAD as well. There is a PSer that ordered this ring from Tianyu but it was not on the board. She had a CAD that was measured at 1.4 thick on the bottom but there were no middle or top measurements for thickness. If you notice on the inspiration ring and for that matter, the CAD, that it appears to taper at the head. The ring she received has more broad shoulders and doesn’t curve in as it meets the prongs. This ring may be 1.4 mm at the bottom but it is so thick in the center and top that she can’t actually close her fingers. Are there different names for these styles? We are having a hard time making them understand what is wrong. She is going to bring the ring to a jeweler to get the exact measurements for thickness but any comments would help. The ring is actually thicker than it is wide. She was dealing with Sophia, who seems to be new and we are having a little harder time with the English.
8603D51C-4809-42DA-883A-67B6F579748B.jpeg 8F960EAF-11F5-49FC-B96A-3DD51E3CF389.jpeg

lovelylovelylife

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies -

I need some expertise on this CAD as well. There is a PSer that ordered this ring from Tianyu but it was not on the board. She had a CAD that was measured at 1.4 thick on the bottom but there were no middle or top measurements for thickness. If you notice on the inspiration ring and for that matter, the CAD, that it appears to taper at the head. The ring she received has more broad shoulders and doesn’t curve in as it meets the prongs. This ring may be 1.4 mm at the bottom but it is so thick in the center and top that she can’t actually close her fingers. Are there different names for these styles? We are having a hard time making them understand what is wrong. She is going to bring the ring to a jeweler to get the exact measurements for thickness but any comments would help. The ring is actually thicker than it is wide. She was dealing with Sophia, who seems to be new and we are having a little harder time with the English.
8603D51C-4809-42DA-883A-67B6F579748B.jpeg 8F960EAF-11F5-49FC-B96A-3DD51E3CF389.jpeg
That's me! Here's the dimension's from Tianyu for the mid to upper shank & the CAD with all of the other dimensions as well. Plus the side by side comparison. I'm not sure if I should have the ring completely melted down & re-casted with a new CAD, or if I should just get the side thickness slimmed down a little bit (say 1.4mm at the bottom, to 1.8mm thick in the middle instead of 2.0mm). It just looks like a flounder. Really thick and thin at the top lol.
View media item 122653View media item 122654View media item 122652View media item 122650View media item 122651

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That's me! Here's the dimension's from Tianyu for the mid to upper shank & the CAD with all of the other dimensions as well. Plus the side by side comparison. I'm not sure if I should have the ring completely melted down & re-casted with a new CAD, or if I should just get the side thickness slimmed down a little bit (say 1.4mm at the bottom, to 1.8mm thick in the middle instead of 2.0mm). It just looks like a flounder. Really thick and thin at the top lol.
View media item 122653View media item 122654View media item 122652View media item 122650View media item 122651

It doesn’t even look like it was cast from that CAD, or they made changes after you approved it. I’m trying to wrap my brain around how they got it so wrong? I don’t think shaving it down will give you the overall look you’re after. I think you’re going to have to request it be completely remade, personally. Not only is the ring thicker at the top, it doesn’t swoop in on the shoulders like the CAD, the triangles are way bigger, unlike the CAD, and where it tapers in to meet the stone, the connection point is much smaller than the CAD. Compared to the inspo pic, it looked fairly close but the actual ring is way off. No wonder you can’t even close your fingers. And I am DYING at flounder. :lol-2: But seriously, I’m so sorry! This has to be frustrating for you!!!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
@mrsthirdcharms

I worked on marking up your CADs a bit to show the differences. The biggest difference I saw was the placement of the basket in relation to the stone and the cut out size and fluidity.

Flowercad.jpg

Attachments

• Flowercad.jpg
    Flowercad.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 14

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I have 3 rings from Tianyu. I measure them when they get here and all of them except the easy knife edge solitaire is thicker than what they're supposed to be. In the beginning I thought it was because of how they're pave, but then StarsGem wasn't making my rings bigger, so I don't know why they're doing that. So becareful with your dimensions. My OEC ring, from the video for sure looks bigger then what I wanted. I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worse.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results