shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Big Risk Big Reward: My Gorgeous 9 mm OEC

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. Nice one! Beautiful ring, beautiful diamond. You must have ovaries of solid steel.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why we don't have a drool icon.

It looks like museum piece.

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
What a story and what a ring!!! It is amazing!! I envy you bravery... and your ring :) Congratulations! Wear it in good health.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!!

:love: :love: :love:

what a dream stone - well done

(and I won't complain if you post even more pics :wink2: )

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I can't get over the setting, it's so prefect!

Although I love antique stones, I normally don't like antique settings - but this one is simply stunning and I truly marvel at her overall beauty.

Again, so happy for you! :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I haven't read the whole thread, so I'll assume it's yours and you are keeping it...

It's absolutely lovely. Truly.

Congrats.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
HopeDream - Oh boy ... I have never named a diamond before other than yellowy, tranny ... haha. I have been calling her honker and oh how I want to wear her. I can't wait to set it but I have never set a diamond faster than half a year. Mike Robinson is coming up with some real nice design ideas for me. He is uber uber amazing.

Kim_N - I don't think the auction link will help. The seller isn't a jewelry seller and has nothing else. The transaction was also conducted outside of eBay. I will be sure to ask for ideas on here ... I want this to be my forever ring.

Rosebloom - Haha! "balls of steels" or "crazy woman" I think both works.

minousbijoux - You are so right that many of us are at least a bit materialistic. I do my part to help others but I also probably help myself a bit too much. We only live once :)

lknvrb4 - The setting is gorgeous and I wish I could wear it as is. I really do love the setting but too bad it isn't me on a daily basis. I am really excited though for some of the designs coming out.

StacylikesSparkles - Thank you. I haven't seen the ring for a week and just came home to it. It is more beautiful than I remembered.

woofmama - I am so happy it made Jewel of the Week. Woo hoo! This baby deserves it. I just need to get some outside photos for everyone. I don't think I have ever taken photos of my rings outside.

Yssie - The story is real whacky. Haha. One of these days I will share.

Sarabear, nyc2chigal - Thank you!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
NTave - I hope once I reset it that will still be a stunning combo. I know some folks will like it less but I sure hope I do it justice.

natyLad - I wish I can share this ring in real life. These photos are crappy compared to what it looks like real life. The diamond looks far more symmetrical and sparkly in real life. So much life which we can't see in the photo. It throws fire like no other diamond. I have always heard of this with old stones but never owned one like this. It's amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

Hospatogi - Thanks girl! I haven't seen you around in a long time. How have you been? I am debating a play on the tapered french cut ring but I don't think I will land there. I just got a bunch of french cuts too but I have a feeling I just need pave.

sweetpea&babycorn - Thank you. I do feel super lucky.

Dancing Fire - Close ... I paid $1.

diamondseeker - Yes, talk about addiction. This is why I ban myself from the colored stones forum. I kept buying and buying.

ariel144 - This is definetly a great story. I remember during the process when it felt like a big waste of time - my friend said to me at least you have a pretty great story. I should write to the bank employees to let them know what happened.

jeweln, minmin001, Phoenix, mimi123, dianabarbara, wsblue430, meg, Alistra, Snicklefritz, zlata - Thanks for the compliments. Sharing on PS is half the fun!! I haven't showed any of my friends yet ... no one will understand my diamond obsession and none of them even get the appeal of old stones yet.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78, Circe - I did very well but I won't share yet until I get a lab report to really judge how well I did. I know I did pretty darn well when a pawn shop offered me more than doubled of what I paid on the spot. I would say it is compareable to ForteKitty's deal and that was one of the best deals I have ever seen.

TravelingGal - I am trying to take a break from eBay and spend my money on a new car. Hubby been bugging for a new car so that's going to be the next purchase.

JaneSmith - Sure hope not ... I need my ovaries to start working soon! Ggggggg.

pregcurious - I have a barf icon I use often but I should get a drool one going too.
droolbounce.gif
droolhot.gif

almondblossom - I really really want to get this ring on my finger.

heliotrope - Going to try to get more pics. I plan to unset the stone next week and get it graded. I have been delaying just because I don't want to take the ring apart.

two_little_birds - I am the same. I don't like antique settings but this one is more timeless and modern to me.

Begonia - Yup, it's mine and I am forever keeping it! Not going no where ... ever!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
It is STUNNING!!!! That setting is beautiful too. Once you set this OEC, will this replace your cushion e-rings or will it be an alternate?

What an amazing find and harrowing journey, wear it in health!

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
Hubba Hubba! Totally gorgeous -- totally worth the crazy transaction.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
alisonia333|1361658413|3388799 said:
It is STUNNING!!!! That setting is beautiful too. Once you set this OEC, will this replace your cushion e-rings or will it be an alternate?

What an amazing find and harrowing journey, wear it in health!

I have no idea yet. I am going to make the ring and then decide :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
PinkyPie|1361659757|3388824 said:
Hubba Hubba! Totally gorgeous -- totally worth the crazy transaction.

Thanks Pinky Pie!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I took the OEC out to play today to observe it in a range of lighting conditions. This OEC picks up color from surroundings like crazy. I find it looks best in open environments and outdoors. It shows more color in crowded indoor rooms.

This is the ring in a Leon box. I love the Leon ring boxes especially the ones for bands - perfect size for travelling.

charmypoo-9mmoec-1.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-6.jpg

Here is a profile shot. A bit fuzzy because I used a Point & Shoot instead of a SLR.
charmypoo-9mmoec-7.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's freezing where I am so there are no flowers or plants. Plus, my home has no live plants as I can't maintain them. So here are some fake outdoor shots - they were plants I found at an indoor mall.

charmypoo-9mmoec-9.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-11.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-12.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-13.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-14.jpg

Posing with a timepiece book I picked up at Cartier today. I also checked out the Cartier halo - very nice but not as nice as our vendors here.
charmypoo-9mmoec-15.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Some real outdoor photos. It was very gloomy today.

Sitting on a mailbox.
charmypoo-9mmoec-20.jpg

Sitting on a magazine.
charmypoo-9mmoec-17.jpg

Close-up
charmypoo-9mmoec-19.jpg

Don't mind my dry and scaly hands. Pictured with my AVC and my non-usual wedding band. The good news is my real wedding band has been found since this photo! Yeah!
charmypoo-9mmoec-18.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I found some new rocks around the house that reflect my mood. You can see how much color the OEC picks up from the surroundings.
charmypoo-9mmoec-23.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-24.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-25.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-26.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Finally, here is the first photo I took of the OEC after I picked it up. One of these days .. I will take a video to try to capture how beautiful this ring looks in real life.
wp_20130217_010.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So beautiful and elegant... it reminds me of spring.

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I can't get enough of your lovely OEC.... It is so beautiful - you must be so happy!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love the photos!
Awesome goodness and pastelly coloured reflections- OMGoodness-ness!'
Well done on purchase. Hope u find setting befitting for yourself, though just quietly, well in this forum it's never quiet(lol), I like the setting as it is..

ENJOY!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Oh Charmy, it's just so lovely!!! Despite it's impressive size, it seems to have such a delicate and airy quality. I'm incredibly impressed by your tenacity in finding the stone, and I think it's found it's perfect home after leaving its first family.

I also love how this story highlights some of the best things to come out of the PS community. It's so great that people help each other to bring such beauties into each others lives.

I can't wait to see what you do with it!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring!! :love: I think it has got to be my favourite OEC stone and setting on PS yet!! I love the new pics!!!

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
W-O-W!!! More pictures, more pictures!!!! 8-)

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a stunning find Charmy!!!! So jealous!!! The setting is equally gorgeous!! WOW! :appl: :appl: :appl:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most beautifyl ring I have ever seen. Great find!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for spamming everyone with photos. I always have issues with my home hard drives and backup servers (never can find files) so I like keeping them on places where I can always go back and find them.

I was at the super market tonight and snapped a few more photos with the point and shoot. I am trying to take a few more before I take the ring apart this week.

I wanted to share this photo as it really shows these old stones picking up colors. The pink and blue from the tin it is sitting on. The green from the ceiling cardboard. The brownish/gold from the background and tin.
charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec1.jpg

Here is a close up. I haven't been able to find inclusions with a loupe but I think I found a feather in this photo unless it is just a fuzz as I was keeping the ring in my pocket.
charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec1b.jpg

Here is the ring picking up pinks from the phone case and beige from the purse it is sitting on.
charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec2.jpg

charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec3.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don't think the diamond looks very good in these but will share them.
charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec4.jpg

charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec5.jpg

charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec6.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Last one ... I got in trouble after this :razz:
charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec7.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CharmyPoo|1361761446|3389607 said:
I don't think the diamond looks very good in these but will share them.

I beg to differ. The diamond looks VERY good. :naughty:

Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results