shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware of image theft

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the response I got from them after sending an email that expressed my outrage.

We have been informed of this and have contacted the seller. The 4 different pictures she was using were taken down. You guys should check Ebay and Craigslist as well because we think she sells on those sties also and might be using the same pics.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What name does she go by? I want to check ebay?

Linda

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope no one has fallen prey to buying any of these. That would be truly awful. I agree that printing out hard copies or screen caps of these listings would be a good idea. I have my fingers crossed that this gets made right.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
I keep checking this thread to see if someone from that site, or the seller herself, will show up to defend themselves, but no luck.
7.gif

Come on folks, it''s Friday! I need some entertainment here.
3.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 3:37:18 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Here is the response I got from them after sending an email that expressed my outrage.

We have been informed of this and have contacted the seller. The 4 different pictures she was using were taken down. You guys should check Ebay and Craigslist as well because we think she sells on those sties also and might be using the same pics.
It may be true that pics are being used on ebay and craigslist, however those sites do not represent that they are verifying that the piece being sold is actually as advertised. We all know that they are not truly verifying these pieces as what is being advertised because we know that the pictures are not pictures of the ring being sold (because those rings aren''t for sale!!). This makes a BIG difference between this site and ebay.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yep, ebay says that there is a seller using her email address but it won''t release the Ebay ID.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Are they also revoking her membership, or are they just making her take down the picture? I''m sure ebay has a policy where if someone is caught committing fraud, they are banned from the site. This site does not seem to understand that their reputation is at stake.

I understand that it *may* not be the website''s fault. Just like ebay has no way of knowing if the pics posted are real, but I am shocked at their response. If it were my business my reply would have been:

"Thank you for informing us of this issue. We are absolutely horrified that something like this has taken place on our site. We will remove the account of this person immediately.... blah, blah, blah........"

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 4:11:23 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
I keep checking this thread to see if someone from that site, or the seller herself, will show up to defend themselves, but no luck.
7.gif

Come on folks, it''s Friday! I need some entertainment here.
3.gif
CaptAubrey, If you want to roll-play, I''ll pretend I''m the seller
emotion-5.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 4:20:42 PM
Author: mia1181

Are they also revoking her membership, or are they just making her take down the picture? I''m sure ebay has a policy where if someone is caught committing fraud, they are banned from the site. This site does not seem to understand that their reputation is at stake.

I understand that it *may* not be the website''s fault. Just like ebay has no way of knowing if the pics posted are real, but I am shocked at their response. If it were my business my reply would have been:

''Thank you for informing us of this issue. We are absolutely horrified that something like this has taken place on our site. We will remove the account of this person immediately.... blah, blah, blah........''
I''m not so sure this is accurate. If they are supposedly having an indpendent expert compare the listing to the ring, it should be obvious that (a) the pictures within the listing are of different rings and (b) the ring does not actually look like the same size and/or quality as the pictures. Unlike ebay, who never sees the merchandise and doesn''t make any claims that the merchandise is as advertised, it seems like these folks are claiming that they do both. This puts them in quite a different position.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 4:30:00 PM
Author: enbcfsobe

''Thank you for informing us of this issue. We are absolutely horrified that something like this has taken place on our site. We will remove the account of this person immediately.... blah, blah, blah........''
I''m not so sure this is accurate. If they are supposedly having an indpendent expert compare the listing to the ring, it should be obvious that (a) the pictures within the listing are of different rings and (b) the ring does not actually look like the same size and/or quality as the pictures. Unlike ebay, who never sees the merchandise and doesn''t make any claims that the merchandise is as advertised, it seems like these folks are claiming that they do both. This puts them in quite a different position.
Exactly enb!!! And their less than caring attitude really irks me.
29.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Because I was curious I googled the founder of the company Joshua Opperman. The google results say that he appeared on the Rachel Ray show. Did anyone here see that by chance. There is also a CNN article about him on CNN technology. Its called "heartbreak diamonds find new homes online". I was suprised how many links came up.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock

Wow....unbelievable ....I can't even begin to express how I feel about my pic still being up! Atleast the auction ends in 2 hours!

I just got back from trying on bunch of bling
30.gif
so I feel a little better
3.gif
(In search of a new setting and band!)

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 3:19:11 PM
Author: Stephanie

Date: 3/7/2008 3:01:04 PM
Author: Linda W
Does this one look familiar to anyone???

http://auction.idonowidont.com/150-Emerald-Center-VVS1-I-color-----UD460551-EGL-Cert-------,itemname,15702,id,auctiondetails
That''s Idreamofice''s photo. And thanks to it, we have uncovered all this photo stealing.. Thanks again, Idream!
Yep...it''s mine. No Prob!
35.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 4:30:00 PM
Author: enbcfsobe

I guess what I meant was that since they don''t see the ring to guarentee its authenticity until after it is bought, they have no way of verifying the pictures people post are accurate (until someone tries to buy). So I am not bothered that the website didn''t know the pictures were fake, what bothers me is that they still are continuing to do business with this person.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I understand what you mean but I think this revelation seriously calls into question whether they are actually verifying the items at all.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Holy canoli I missed a lot while I was at work
29.gif

Disgraceful and appalling. Grr. This woman is disgusting.

((On a lighter note: At least she choose pictures of GORGEOUS rings to rip off))
31.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2008 6:47:23 PM
Author: ang3199
Holy canoli I missed a lot while I was at work
29.gif

Disgraceful and appalling. Grr. This woman is disgusting.

((On a lighter note: At least she choose pictures of GORGEOUS rings to rip off))
31.gif
I guess I need to go out and READ some of these hard-luck cases...however, the thing that would strike ME as "wrong" is just how many women are there who would actually PART with the diamonds they were lifting from this site?? Please! Give me a break. You''d have to pry a ring like some of those off my cold dead finger!! And I could certainly get over a broken heart ALOT faster with a great big ideal diamond to cry on, then dry off, stare at until I get mesmerized and forgot to cry....
31.gif

Mmmmm!!! Sparrrrkly!!!

sillysimms

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker, but this kind of thing really bothers me. If you look at the seller''s actual site, a picture of the SAME round diamond is shown 6 times with 6 different "descriptions" in the "loose diamonds" section. Not sure where the pictures for the loose diamonds came from, but the way the diamonds are held looks very similar to the way Diamonds by Lauren takes all their pictures.

http://www.diamonddirectbuy.com/store/products.php?cat=8

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The non chalent demeanor of the response I got from them, just boggles my mind!! I am guessing they won't be around for long. But would love to know how the heck they have been in business for a year. Any way to check into complaints waged against them and their sellers?? I am not one that was ever Ebay savvy, and understand this is a different animal.... I am still floored.
38.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe their responses weren''t more embarrassed either.
20.gif
38.gif
They think just asking her to take down her photos is good enough? I agree *if* the owners aren''t involved they *should* block her from using their site. All the auctions seem fake to me. Aunt Rose...please....
20.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still amazed that no one from that site has shown up to tell their side of the story. I think I''m going to suggest it when I get home and can use my personal e-mail account.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 7:55:11 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
I''m still amazed that no one from that site has shown up to tell their side of the story. I think I''m going to suggest it when I get home and can use my personal e-mail account.
Please do, would love to have them respond on here!!! I promise to be nice.
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Where is "James"???
11.gif
27.gif
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, Isn''t there something you can do legally to STOP THIS???????

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will have to contact the website again.

Linda

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 11:38:17 PM
Author: Linda W
OMG, Isn''t there something you can do legally to STOP THIS???????

Linda
I don''t know what else to do. I''ve already emailed customer care and they said they would notify the seller to remove them. She never did and she re-listed the auction using my picture! This is getting super creepy!!
39.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Read what Impatient one said to do. I am sure others will post some ideas. I would call a lawyer to see what they have to say too. That is just me though. I would be so pissed off.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is nasty.

I used to go on Ebay for bags (never diamonds) BUT STILL...never again,
I will not buy on Ebay now because the purses they would show WERE real, either reposts of others stuff or a picture of a real bag, but that is NOT what you would get.

SHAME ON those people. It is misrepresentation and illegal.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Selkie,

Your ring is on more then one page too.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results