shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware of image theft

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Linda.

I just emailed customer care again. I gave them a final notice to have my picture removed within 24 hours.

I will have to think about how I want to proceed from there....
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Email them, use your voice. If we all do it, hopefully they will get the message. I wish there was a BBB for online sites. I am beyond stunned that they are so callous in the way they run their site. They must be eating up all the negative publicity.
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should!!! This has to stop. It is Illegal and she has to stop getting away with it.

Linda

honey22

Ideal_Rock
This is insane!! I think we all need to use our voices, as a community. We should all (those like me whose pics have not been used included) start sending them complaint emails expressing our concerns and outrage at the use of other peoples pictures. I am sure they will do something about it when they get a flood of emails from PS members!

I am not sure of the email, but if you guys don''t have an objection, I am happy to send a complaint email.

This is exactly the thing that gives buying online a bad reputation! Reputable and honest vendors lose so many potential customers as they are scared off by internet scams! This is why. I am so mad, for you guys having your pics ripped off, for all of us knowing there is someone lurking through our happy little community and ripping off pics that were posted to celebrate and share! I am so mad!!
29.gif
29.gif

I really think we can help shut this person down if we all start jumping up and down!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Can someone post their email address?!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Holy Crap! Unbelieveable! I just found this thread and am utterly appalled!

Ditto to needing an email addy. I''d be MORE than happy to send a disgruntled email to these people.

WTF? There''s got to be something that can be done.

and, I missed the "james" thread. Someone wanna point the way??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:24:57 AM
Author: honey22
Can someone post their email address?!
Click on the website link back on page 1, go the the link. Then click on Contact us.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
thanks, Kaleigh.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:39:26 AM
Author: somethingshiny
thanks, Kaleigh.
No, thank YOU. Send away.... This insanity must stop!!!
5.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 11:54:37 PM
Author: Linda W
Selkie,

Your ring is on more then one page too.

Linda

Seriously?? Where??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:41:50 AM
Author: Kaleigh

thanks, Kaleigh.
5.gif

first disgruntled email sent, another to follow tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, etc, etc.

And, really, what''s the "james" deal. I can''t find hide nor hair of this thread.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:46:53 AM

thanks, Kaleigh.
5.gif

first disgruntled email sent, another to follow tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, etc, etc.

And, really, what's the 'james' deal. I can't find hide nor hair of this thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/interesting-site-hope-its-ok-to-post-this.80260/

Here ya go....

ETA- I can't seem to find a way to contact the author of the cnn article. I really really really want to send them a link to this thread
face19.gif

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:46:53 AM

thanks, Kaleigh.
5.gif

And, really, what's the 'james' deal. I can't find hide nor hair of this thread.

If you look at the original topic discussing this website, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/interesting-site-hope-its-ok-to-post-this.80260/, someone named James234 signed up that day and made their first post defending the website and saying how great it was.. Now they've disappeared and haven't posted since..

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, girls.

Now THAT''S NOT SUSPICIOUS, is it?!?!

I just want to add a Thank you to the OP on the other thread. I think you will have saved many good people their hard-earned money! Not to mention all the good people here from having their stuff ripped off. THANK YOU, NICCIA!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:56:16 AM
Thanks, girls.

I just want to add a Thank you to the OP on the other thread. I think you will have saved many good people their hard-earned money! Not to mention all the good people here from having their stuff ripped off. THANK YOU, NICCIA!!
And Niccia felt bad about it. I told her, thanks to her, now we all know!!! I hope she undertsands what a huge help she was to the whole PS community!!!
36.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Okay this is getting creepier by the second. The seller has her phone number lister on her store website and I googled it and came up with this :

WANTED motivated and friendly Sales Consultants
who want to be their OWN BOSS!!! Join one of the world''s biggest growing companies and work at your pace Billion dollar industry which sells ALL NATURAL products Skin Care * Anti- Aging * Baby * Aromatherapy * Weight Loss * Nutrition and more. Great commissions,and bonuses, Fabulous products you will use yourself, and your own hours (Excellent for stay at home mums) CALL ANNA FOR MORE INFORMATION 312 388 2662

http://www.buzznews.net/classifieds.php

Scam artist!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 1:00:29 AM

Date: 3/8/2008 12:56:16 AM
Thanks, girls.

And Niccia felt bad about it. I told her, thanks to her, now we all know!!! I hope she undertsands what a huge help she was to the whole PS community!!!
36.gif
I know!! Thank you Niccia!! I am so glad you brought it to our attention!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 1:09:48 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 3/8/2008 12:19:12 AM
Author: idreamofice

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/02/14/heartbreak.diamonds/index.html

20.gif
Maybe I need to contact CNN?!

Maybe send the author of this article a link to this thread?
3.gif
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form1.html?11
feedback form to do so for the tech section.
Ooohhhh I did it. I feel so bad now....
32.gif
They are not going to try to contact me are they?! okay..I''m just being paranoid.

Thanks storm!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Well, I haven''t been able to find mine, but man, I feel so bad for you, idreamofice and Ellen, and anyone else who''s getting screwed like this.
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 1:18:45 AM

Date: 3/8/2008 1:09:48 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 3/8/2008 12:19:12 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/02/14/heartbreak.diamonds/index.html

20.gif
Maybe I need to contact CNN?!

Maybe send the author of this article a link to this thread?
3.gif
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form1.html?11
feedback form to do so for the tech section.
Ooohhhh I did it. I feel so bad now....
32.gif
They are not going to try to contact me are they?! okay..I''m just being paranoid.

Thanks storm!
You did the right thing. Really you did. I wish my ring had been posted, I would have kicked some A**.
9.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 1:22:45 AM
You did the right thing. Really you did. I wish my ring had been posted, I would have kicked some A**.
9.gif
Thanks Kaleigh. I''m glad they didn''t do it to you!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
This infuriates me if they posted my ring pic I would be contacting my lawyer and slapping a copy right breach ASAP (iF I CAN
6.gif
)
How about we start a rolling blockade in reverse and email the site as disgusted pricescopers and bombard their mail box with ate indignant concerns?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey you guys, check this out

http://www.dfpr.state.il.us/DPR/RE/REDISP/REDIS05.asp

It has her middle name, and why her real estate license was suspended. Buffalo Grove, IL. Sounds like she's quite the shifty one, eh? Her probation is due to end next month!
29.gif
Hm... Computer fraud? Wire Fraud? Financial Identity theft? And those "owners" of the Ido/don't website don't care that there is a felon in their midst?

niccia

Shiny_Rock
No problem girls. Glad i could be of some help! I didn''t really look at any of the pictures long enough to notice anything myself originally.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Jaa---ames, come out and plaa - aay... don''t have any more to add matey?
29.gif

This Anna woman and anyone who is assisting her to make profit illegaly should be absoluely ashamed of them selves.
38.gif

What irks me aswell is she has chosen to claim (obviously falsely) that she is somehow an affiliate of the Australian Jewellers Association - I live in Australia and would be more than happy to check up who this *lady* really is - I''ll bet right now she is not affiliated with Any official organization, except her local Parole board!

People like this are the sole reason that so many decent consumers are plain scared of shopping on the net, and they present real barriers to ppl expanding their horizons and getting a really decent deal.

I''m not sure how things work there, but you guys must have a regulation body for internet businesses? Can''t she be reported and prosecuted or at least put out of business? She simply sounds like a total scam artist, what a jerk.

I think contacting the author of the article about the site sounds like a great idea - a little bit of a follow up news story, starring PS''ers!
5.gif

Once again, my simpathies to All the PS''ers who have had their precious images stolen - I would be totally p***ed, kudos to you all for keeping your heads and continuing to act with dignity and responsibility. Maybe *Anna* can learn a thing or two!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Direct quote from CNN article "Heartbreak diamonds find new homes online"

"When someone wins the (auction), the ring is sent to us and the money's sent to us so our in house jeweler can make sure the diamond is real, first of all and you're getting exactly what was offered," he said.
IN-HOUSE! talk about conflict of interest! Anyone wanna take a stab at how much that jewellers' commission is?
I have no idea where their getting this nonsense about GIA appraisers.??

Second quote from the same article:

"It's always good to have something that's independently appraised. You don't want to buy anything that has an appraisal coming from the person who sold it to you or is looking to buy it from you," Gizzi said.
Hmmmm.shame the owner of this site doesn't heed this advice.

ETA; found another article. I thought it was suitable to post a small warning. Hopefully ppl do their research first before considering buying their. Its a shame the founder wasn't more responsive when emailed about the problem.
http://marketingsqueeze.com/cashing-in-on-getting-dumped/#comment-686
In another article, Mr Opperman is quoted as saying "We manage our site meticulously in order to prevent unscrupolous auctions. I like to think our site prevents this altogether". WTF? He doesn't even seem to care he has a bona fide crim selling on his site!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 1:59:46 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Hey you guys, check this out

http://www.dfpr.state.il.us/DPR/RE/REDISP/REDIS05.asp

It has her middle name, and why her real estate license was suspended. Buffalo Grove, IL. Sounds like she''s quite the shifty one, eh? Her probation is due to end next month!
29.gif
Hm... Computer fraud? Wire Fraud? Financial Identity theft? And those ''owners'' of the Ido/don''t website don''t care that there is a felon in their midst?
If she is on probation someone whose ring was posted should contact the local district attorney and let them know about this situation. If she violates probation, there is a good chance she could go to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results