shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware of image theft

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stbfyffe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 11:35:28 PM
Author: idreamofice
Okay...she just re-listed another auction using my pic again?!?! What is the deal? Why is she using my picture again!!??
29.gif
39.gif

http://auction.idonowidont.com/150-Emerald-Center-VVS1-I-color-----UD460551-EGL-Cert-------,itemname,16081,id,auctiondetails
Hi, i just clicked on the link and the site states that the auction is closed and your picture is removed.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This the response I got this morning:

Currently all auctions from the seller has been taken down. As we told everyone else this seller sells on Craigslist and Ebay so you might want to check that out as well. She also has her own site ( I would be breaking the rules if I posted it, and think you guys already know what it is) which she uses the same pics.
All emails were forwarded to the CEO and am sure will make a statement on Pricscope soon.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2008 11:39:52 AM
Author: Kaleigh
This the response I got this morning:

Currently all auctions from the seller has been taken down. As we told everyone else this seller sells on Craigslist and Ebay so you might want to check that out as well. She also has her own site ( I would be breaking the rules if I posted it, and think you guys already know what it is) which she uses the same pics.
All emails were forwarded to the CEO and am sure will make a statement on Pricscope soon.
Ok...we''re waiting...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if someone from I Do would be allowed to make a statement here without clearing it through the admin of PS first. Don''t vendors need permission to post?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
This will be very interesting to see if the CEO posts or not!!!!
29.gif

Linda

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
If nothing else, at least they were responsible enough to take all her auctions down- and they did it in two days.

I''ll give them points for that.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:32:36 PM
Author: elle_chris
If nothing else, at least they were responsible enough to take all her auctions down- and they did it in two days.

It shouldn''t have taken two days. The photos should have been removed the moment that the picture owners contacted them. But they are down now... In any case, has anyone checked Craigslist in her area? I am not ebay savvy, so has anyone checked there?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:38:10 PM
Author: Stephanie

Date: 3/8/2008 12:32:36 PM
Author: elle_chris

It shouldn''t have taken two days. The photos should have been removed the moment that the picture owners contacted them. But they are down now... In any case, has anyone checked Craigslist in her area? I am not ebay savvy, so has anyone checked there?
From what I''ve read on this thread, the pictures were taken down when the owners contacted the site. The seller had the nerve to repost some again. The second time around all her auctions were stopped.
I don''t agree with the they they responded to the emails here. Very unprofessional, but at least they did something.
In my experience with filing complaints, It usually takes alot more time for companies to respond, and even longer, to do something.

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 11:39:52 AM
As we told everyone else this seller sells on Craigslist and Ebay so you might want to check that out as well. She also has her own site ( I would be breaking the rules if I posted it, and think you guys already know what it is) which she uses the same pics.

They sure missed the point. It doesn''t matter if the seller uses CL or Ebay. They''re just trying to refocus the blame elsewhere. The point is, if it''s on their site, they have responsibility to take it down. I''m glad that they did, but I''m disappointed for all you gals that had to deal with their terrible customer service.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to see they stopped trying to act like they weren''t affiliated with her in any way and had no control over this.
20.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2008 12:50:25 PM

Author: snuggles1

It doesn't matter if the seller uses CL or Ebay. They're just trying to refocus the blame elsewhere.

Exactly. As soon as this exceedingly helpful suggestion of theirs was passed along to us I felt the appropriate amount of gratitude towards them. People so busy that they have no time to write more than a few words to any of us about these photographs still manage to take the time to alert us about other websites. Now that is true kindness!

Deborah
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just getting home, where is their response???
24.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 4:20:37 PM
Just getting home, where is their response???
24.gif
Probably with the response I never got from the seller.
20.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
I''m very glad they have stepped up and removed all of the seller''s auctions. While I do understand that idonowidont.com probably has legitimate sellers and auctions, I hope in the future they can come up with a better way of monitoring their sellers and their listings.

Thanks to everyone who voiced their concerns!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 4:13:28 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 3/8/2008 12:50:25 PM

Author: snuggles1

It doesn''t matter if the seller uses CL or Ebay. They''re just trying to refocus the blame elsewhere.

Exactly. As soon as this exceedingly helpful suggestion of theirs was passed along to us I felt the appropriate amount of gratitude towards them. People so busy that they have no time to write more than a few words to any of us about these photographs still manage to take the time to alert us about other websites. Now that is true kindness!

Deborah

34.gif

It reminds me of a child who gets in trouble and blames his sibling for acting out too
20.gif
I hate it when people play the blame game.

sillysimms

Rough_Rock
Fortunately now, if people do research and do a google search before buying at idonowidont.com, this thread is going to come up and they will be aware.

Would it also be good to start a new thread specifically telling people not to purchase at the diamonddirectbuy.com? idonowidont.com should have immediately taken action and removed all the pictures and blocked the seller, but people should also be aware never to purchase from this seller''s website either. She is quite the fraudster.

Date: 3/8/2008 1:59:46 AM
Author: AmberWaves

http://www.dfpr.state.il.us/DPR/RE/REDISP/REDIS05.asp

It has her middle name, and why her real estate license was suspended. Buffalo Grove, IL. Sounds like she''s quite the shifty one, eh? Her probation is due to end next month!
29.gif
Hm... Computer fraud? Wire Fraud? Financial Identity theft? And those ''owners'' of the Ido/don''t website don''t care that there is a felon in their midst?

I know this link was posted before, and you can''t read the entire article without paying, but the main idea is there:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5273/is_200303/ai_n20769434
"A 28-year-old Buffalo Grove woman is free on bond after being charged with stealing the financial information of another woman to buy $43,000 worth of diamonds.[/b] Anna DiFranco, of 982 Buffalo Grove Road, is charged with wire fraud, aggravated financial identity theft, theft over $10,000 and computer fraud."

This must have been why her real estate license was revoked. After she was convicted of the crimes noted above as they match with the reasons listed for revocation of her real estate license.

It is the same person as her address in the article is 982 Buffalo Grove Road. A quick address search shows the Zip Code for that address is 60089 which is the as the Zip Code listed on the return authorization form on her "diamond selling" website:
TO; DDB c/o ANNA DIFRANCO
PO BOX 5706
BUFFALO GROVE IL 60089

I think people should be also be aware of her independent website as some might unknowingly purchase from there without finding this thread. She''s a fraudster.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
As somone else suggested, somebody whose images were stolen really needs to contact the authorities where this woman lives. If she is on parole/probabition for fraud, she would likely have that revoked. She needs to be STOPPED!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry. I was going to post my email response from them, but it is exactly as the one listed above.

*still chaps my a$$*

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 7:54:20 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
As somone else suggested, somebody whose images were stolen really needs to contact the authorities where this woman lives. If she is on parole/probabition for fraud, she would likely have that revoked. She needs to be STOPPED!
I agree. I think she is the type that will "lay low" for a while, then start up a new website or business to start scamming again. From what has been unearthed about here, she seems like a career criminal to me (albeit not a very successful one!)
3.gif

Is there someone who''s pics were stolen willing to contact the authorities? Idream, Ellen?

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Who is the best to contact? Her parole officer?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the number for the Buffalo Grove Police Department. Someone who has had their pictures taken should contact them and ask for the internet fraud group. They will be able to direct you from there:

Buffalo Grove Police Department
Chief of Police
Steven Balinski
46 Raupp Blvd
Buffalo Grove, Illinois 60089
(847)459-2560

sera

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread last night... unbelievable!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if Mr. CEO will respond tomorrow..... Won''t be holding my breath.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously Lisa, I would be so embarrassed if it was my website and would have been on here explaining things ASAP. Guess everyone handles things a little different.
20.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 11:42:38 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Seriously Lisa, I would be so embarrassed if it was my website and would have been on here explaining things ASAP. Guess everyone handles things a little different.
20.gif
I agree. I can''t believe there has been no response.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I do hope everyone whose photos were used contacts that police contact above. This sort of thing is really creepy. If you dont speak up to authorities, she''ll just keep on doing this.

Also, I wonder if it''s possible for Andrey to make it so either the photos here are not "copyable" (isn''t that possible?), or put a watermark on them that cannot be removed?

ANDREY, is this possible to do?

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 12:57:20 PM
Author: surfgirl
I do hope everyone whose photos were used contacts that police contact above. This sort of thing is really creepy. If you dont speak up to authorities, she''ll just keep on doing this.

Also, I wonder if it''s possible for Andrey to make it so either the photos here are not ''copyable'' (isn''t that possible?), or put a watermark on them that cannot be removed?

ANDREY, is this possible to do?
If he disables right click it is still really easy to copy the pictures if you know what you are doing so that would be pretty pointless. As far as watermarks I believe that would take a lot of time.

It''s too bad people just can''t be honest
38.gif

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi,

I want to let everyone know that there is currently no technical solution to stop anyone from copying images from a website.

I have considered a way to use watermarks (which would only slow down the culprit), but I would hate to deface/ruin/obscure the wonderful bling images that everyone loves to see.

I am always looking for ways to protect the members here.

Kind Regards,
Andrey
PS Admin

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Andrey!

I do agree they would spoil the beautiful photos people take. I guess it is a catch 22. Hopefully though through bad press, websites like idonowidont.com will be discouraged to do business with dishonest people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results