shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware of image theft

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
After reading niccia's post about this website I got curious and looked around a bit. Well I found someone using my picture on one of their auctions.
38.gif

How do I know it's my picture? I know it's mine because it's a picture I posted on SMTR. I also know it's my pic because of the scar on my finger.

I started to look around a bit and noticed that none of their pics match!

If someone is considering purchasing from them please please be careful!!

I have emailed them to remove my picture.

[ admin edit: The title has been changed due to request by OP. This thread is about a seller on idonowidonot.com ]

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is HORRIBLE! Thank you so much for letting us know. Gosh, its crazy to think a website like that could be legal or that people would actually buy from there.
38.gif

Good for you for researching and contacting them!

Gosh, I'm going through the listings and so many look familiar. I'm worried they may have done this to other PSers as well!
32.gif

Hopefully it's just my eyes playing tricks on me!
3.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, that''s scary! I could see how your ring would be mighty enticing but that''s just so seedy of them to do that.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 5:16:31 PM
Author: Angel7
Wow that is HORRIBLE! Thank you so much for letting us know. Gosh, its crazy to think a website like that could be legal or that people would actually buy from there.
38.gif

Good for you for researching and contacting them!

Gosh, I''m going through the listings and so many look familiar. I''m worried they may have done this to other PSers as well!
32.gif

Hopefully it''s just my eyes playing tricks on me!
3.gif
I know!! some of the pics look familiar to me too! I just hope someone doesn''t get tempted to buy from them because the prices look too good to be true.

It is scary
32.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 5:21:34 PM
Author: pixley
Whoa, that's scary! I could see how your ring would be mighty enticing but that's just so seedy of them to do that.
Pixley -
It is pretty scary! thanks for the compliment...makes me feel a little better
9.gif

Stephanie -
I think I've seen that one as well....
38.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
---->

http://auction.idonowidont.com/Emerald,category,1847,parent,categories

GNARLY (the situation - not he ring!)

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
That is shocking... *hugs*.

Someone stole my pics of eBay once of a spare Burmese jade bangle I was selling, and set up their own auction with MY photos! I was furious.

How someone can have the cheek to advertise pictures of an item they don't own.. with MY hand and even my Cartier watch in the picture, is just beyond belief. I totally sympathise with how you must be feeling.

I'm checking the pics too to see if my ring has crept in. I do agree that I'm sure I have seen some of those pictures in SMTR...

Very scary.

x x x

*ETA* I also recognise that lovely RB solitaire in the broad band!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 5:31:08 PM
Author: idreamofice

I know!! some of the pics look familiar to me too! I just hope someone doesn''t get tempted to buy from them because the prices look too good to be true.

It is scary
32.gif
Horrible!
29.gif

Can that be legal?
33.gif
I''m sorry you are a "victim" of it.
38.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think the owners of the website are aware of the photo stealing as it''s a site much like ebay. Also like ebay, it''s buyer beware. It''s hard to say that one shouldn''t use a website when the owners aren''t able to control every little thing the sellers post. The same thing might be happening with any wedding dress photos on used wedding dress sites, or with your car on an auto trader website. While people shouldn''t use your photos, it''s not uncommon and not easily enforceable. The internet is big place. Have you tried watermarking your photos?

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thanks for the info!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 5:40:25 PM
Author: Addy
I don''t think the owners of the website are aware of the photo stealing as it''s a site much like ebay. Also like ebay, it''s buyer beware. It''s hard to say that one shouldn''t use a website when the owners aren''t able to control every little thing the sellers post. The same thing might be happening with any wedding dress photos on used wedding dress sites, or with your car on an auto trader website. While people shouldn''t use your photos, it''s not uncommon and not easily enforceable. The internet is big place. Have you tried watermarking your photos?

Agreed...it''s not the website, it''s the sellers!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Ninama - it is pretty gnarly...

Cleo - Thanks for the hug and I''m sorry about someone using your photo!!

Addy - I''m not sure if they know or not. I did emailed them in a calm matter of fact manner to have my picture removed. I just want people to know that the some of the pics are not of the actual rings and to be really careful. The thought of watermaking my pics never crossed my mind. I just posted them on SMTR to share some pics.

LegacyGirl - just wanted to pass along the info.

elle - uh oh I hope it is not Ellen''s ring. hopefully she''ll see this and check!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the heads up!!!
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 5:43:38 PM
Author: elle_chris
oh my god, that''s ellen''s ring!!
yikes2.gif
It is!! Well, one of the pics is (fire shot), but the other 3 aren''t. I''m not even sure one of them is an x-prong.

Wow, what a low life, and a dumb one at that. At least get pics of the same ring.
20.gif
I think I''ll email her and enquire about her/my/their ring.
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:01:23 PM
Author: Ellen

yikes2.gif
It is!! Well, one of the pics is (fire shot), but the other 3 aren''t. I''m not even sure one of them is an x-prong.

Wow, what a low life, and a dumb one at that. At least get pics of the same ring.
20.gif
29.gif
Let us know what she has to say.
11.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
IdreamofIce, Cleo, Ellen- sorry your pics were taken, I''d be seriously angry. But hey, at least in a sick way it''s flattery. They know there''s aren''t good enough so they take yours
38.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:03:22 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/6/2008 6:01:23 PM

yikes2.gif

20.gif
29.gif
11.gif
OMG
6.gif
That is awful. I seriously can NOT believe what some people will do these days.
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
11.gif
I don''t see any way to contact her.
11.gif

elle, yeah, in a way it''s flattery, but still.
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
idream, sorry, in my shock, I forgot to say thank you for pointing this out!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:14:28 PM

11.gif
I don''t see any way to contact her.
11.gif

elle, yeah, in a way it''s flattery, but still.
38.gif
It''s ILLEGAL!!!! Oh you don''t know how much that pi$$es me off. I''m sorry Ellen, I don''t mean to get you more heated but it just really gets under my skin...

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's really terrible. Some people have no class.
38.gif

ETA: The same seller posted both PS rings. I saw some others that look familiar, but can't place them.

Ellen- you have to join them to contact the seller. I never knew your stone was EGL certified
20.gif
. Fancy
15.gif

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
i have seen that one too on smtr. wow thats just rude, i hate that site!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results