shape
carat
color
clarity

AJDiamonds Cheated My two Diamond Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nickt

Rough_Rock
I am having the same problem with Abe from AJDiamonds...

I bought a ring from him in November 2008 on Ebay...I paid for it (almost $3000 USD) and it was promptly delivered. I then noticed that it too had an obvious mark on the top of the stone. I sent pictures to Abe and he said to return the ring and he would replace. I returned the ring in Dec 08 and have been waiting for a replacement ever since. A few weeks ago Abe stopped replying to my emails. I have tried to call their phone number and nobody answers.

I am contemplating reporting him to the police. I have requested a refund or a replacement ring for over three months now, with no luck. I tried ebay and paypal but they said it is over 60 days so they cannot follow up. They referred me to the US government ecommerce website www.econsumer.gov where you can report internet fraud. I am tempted to report AJDiamonds to the authorities if I do not receive a reply soon.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does anyone recall Ebay jewelry fraud featured on any public watchdog show? Non-primetime like Judge Judi even? Fraud in this area has been a regular theme.

* September 2006 (Public complaints at GIA Symposium - eBay promises increased policing)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-gia-symposium-2006.50294/

>

* November 2006 (eBay seller using PS vendor photos)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/omg-ebay-store-using-dscassi-pics.53068/

* November 2007 (Tiffany takes eBay to court)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-takes-ebay-to-court.72491/

I am rather sure there have been other threads - these are just a few I recall.

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
Hi Nickt,

This is the link to BBB. We can file our case to BBB. I will file my case to BBB today and see how. I will not stop pursuing my rings as long as I still have something to try out.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx?siteID=113

http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx...&id=102764 -- this is Abe''s commany info. in BBB.

This is the link to Ripoff Report. If I finally can''t get back my rings by working through BBB, I will file it to Ripoff Report as well.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

I believe that, together we can stop him from cheating more buyers.

Good luck to you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 9:52:47 AM
Author: nickt

I bought a ring from him in November 2008 on Ebay...I paid for it (almost $3000 USD) and it was promptly delivered. I then noticed that it too had an obvious mark on the top of the stone. I sent pictures to Abe and he said to return the ring and he would replace. I returned the ring in Dec 08 and have been waiting for a replacement ever since. A few weeks ago Abe stopped replying to my emails. I have tried to call their phone number and nobody answers.

I am contemplating reporting him to the police. I have requested a refund or a replacement ring for over three months now, with no luck. I tried ebay and paypal but they said it is over 60 days so they cannot follow up. They referred me to the US government ecommerce website www.econsumer.gov where you can report internet fraud. I am tempted to report AJDiamonds to the authorities if I do not receive a reply soon.
Stop contemplating and do it!!
This guy is not just a cheat, he's a thief.
As a consumer, I would want those that have discovered his fraudulent activities to report them to as many
avenues as possible - hopefully that will reduce the chance of more of your fellow consumers being duped
14.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 12:50:57 AM
Author: arjunajane

This guy is not just a cheat, he''s a thief.

As a consumer, I would want those that have discovered his fraudulent activities to report them to as many

avenues as possible - hopefully that will reduce the chance of more of your fellow consumers being duped
14.gif

100% agree with AJ. Report him. He''s taken your money and you haven''t got the goods that he promised. It''s a shame that you''re both in that situation.

aayushk

Rough_Rock
Oh man! I feel so bad for you. A part of me wants to just walk over to him and punch him in the face. Apparently his motive is to cheat people from the beginning. I went on manta.com, they give information about the company from Dun and Bradstreet, so all the information is very reliable.

Company: AJ Diamonds LLC
Address: 22 W 48th St Ste 1001, New York, NY 10036-1803
Phone: (212) 221-8216
I tried calling him but today is a holiday so that might be why no one picked up but the phone was ringing.

Another thing you might want to know is that there is another company located at the SAME EXACT ADDRESS that has contacted me numerous times for buying diamonds. I have spoken to this guy but never sold to him because it always sounded to good to be true. I got his information off of a diamond dealer trading site, polygon.net. I think he might be the guy you need to start questioning to get some answers!

Company: King Diamonds LLC
Address: 22 W 48th St #1001, New York, NY 10036
Phone: 646-546-5560
Phone: (646) 265-9224
http://www.kingdiamondsonline.com/

There is a lot of shady stuff going on at that location! GOOD LUCK and i hope everything works out in the end. Just some advice, the diamond industry is built on trust and generally the only companies worth trusting are those that have been in the business long time. AJ Diamonds opened in 2006, and King Diamonds in 2000. No one can just jump in and start a business in this industry, its family oriented and passed down generations. The trustworthy new ones are generally trend-makers and they dont sell on eBay.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would report this situation to the Jewelers Vigilance Committee in New York they have bigger and sharper teeth than the BBB and they''re within arms reach of the dealer.

If the surface cracks appeared after you received the diamond, then it seems to me that there is a structural integrity problem and this is not necessarily a matter in which the 10 day inspection and return period applies.

Federal Law mandates written disclosure of laser drilling and fracture filling, by chance was the treatment clearly disclosed on BOTH the product description on eBay AND on the sales receipt? e.g. "laser drilled and fracture filled" not just "clarity enhanced" because the term "clarity enhanced" is not something that is considered to be a clearly defined statement to consumers, but it''s kind of difficult to misunderstand "laser drilled and fracture filled".

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m in total agreement with those who suggest reporting this crook to the police.
In fact, I "crossed swords" with the crook on a diamond forum last year.
His eBay ads were simply horrendous.
He''d advertise "Vivid Pink Diamonds" and somehow neglect to mention they were treated stones. He''d use rediculous appraisal values to try and sell his items ( you know the old story- the seller claims the ring he''s selling for $500 appraised for $5000).
He ran $1 no reserve aucutions on eBay- making sure to hide bidder''s identities so he could bid on his own satuff to keep the price up.

Everything about the seller screamed "fraud" to anyone who has a knowledge of this businss.

When I called him on it on the forum, he acted all indignant- but never changed the lies on his listings.

Please report this crook to the police!!

BUT- I don;t think it''s fair to "blame" this on eBay- the fact that eBay was involved has allowed thie whole thing to go public.
The crooks that have stores on 47th street- and elsewhere- are able to lie to people in a way that it''s private.
At least on eBay the crooks have to show thier lies.

I agree- it''s frustrating not being able to get eBay to act on these matters- as I tried to do when I was first made aware of this joker''s listiungs.
I agree, there ar e still a lot of bad sellers on eBay- but there are also some good ones.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 2:16:44 PM
Author: Todd Gray
I would report this situation to the Jewelers Vigilance Committee in New York they have bigger and sharper teeth than the BBB and they''re within arms reach of the dealer.

If the surface cracks appeared after you received the diamond, then it seems to me that there is a structural integrity problem and this is not necessarily a matter in which the 10 day inspection and return period applies.

Federal Law mandates written disclosure of laser drilling and fracture filling, by chance was the treatment clearly disclosed on BOTH the product description on eBay AND on the sales receipt? e.g. ''laser drilled and fracture filled'' not just ''clarity enhanced'' because the term ''clarity enhanced'' is not something that is considered to be a clearly defined statement to consumers, but it''s kind of difficult to misunderstand ''laser drilled and fracture filled''.
The advert I bought from only said "clarity enhanced". It came with an "appraisal" and I use that term lightly, that also stated only "clarity enhanced". Absolutely NOTHING said laser drilled. I know I''m lucky in that I managed to get most of my money back BUT this man is clearly a crook.

If the OP doesn''t have the original advert from Ebay, I wonder if Ebay would supply a copy? I would think they have to keep copies for a set period of time.

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
I made a copy for one of them I bought.

diamond-ring1.1.JPG

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
I made a copy for one of them I bought.

diamond-ring2.1.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. What a nightmare!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 5:07:13 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 4/10/2009 12:50:57 AM

Author: arjunajane

This guy is not just a cheat, he''s a thief.

14.gif

100% agree with AJ. Report him. He''s taken your money and you haven''t got the goods that he promised. It''s a shame that you''re both in that situation.
+2

Enough of the drama already. Just do it.

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
"i am another person abe from ajdiamonds is cheating a ring out of.
i initially got a ring jan7,2008. i did not recieve the ring for almost two months because he
said the prong was broke when it came in so he would fix it and send it to me
well i did not get it until almost the end of march and i had the ring checked by
two different jewelers and they both said the diamonds were loose. so i contacted abe
and he said to send it back and it would be fixed or replaced. well i didn''t get the ring back
until 3 months later. because he couldn''t find it at first and questioned whether i sent it
to him.. well when i presented the proof he changed his tune. well i finally got it back and
wore it a couple of months and the prong broke off and i almost lost the diamond out of it.
i called and abe from ajdiamonds said to send it back again and he would either fix or
replace it. i really was kind of leary and i even told them that but i was assured that he
had all of these great reviews of ebay buyers so i eventually did and called them before
so in march 2009. well now it has been over a month with no email, i can''t get a hold of
anyone. i have tried over 100 times to get a hold of someone. and i can''t. i live in pennsyl-
vania only one state over if i have to we will pay him a personel visit with the local police.
i am going to try and ruin any of his business deals as much as i can if he doesn''t get
my ring to me this next week. i''m not playing. it sucks that there is people that will
take people''s money and send crap to them and lie about helping them with their
problems with the gaurantee. or at least don''t steal peoples rings ajdiamonds. or king
diamonds, abe or whoever you choose to be that day. you are a lie and cheat.
BUYERS BEWARE! AJDIAMOND''S "

--- By hillsangels1 from diamond review forum.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
This might be the biggest drama in your life, but please report your seller and be done with it. Cross posting from other forums is not allowed on PS.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 10:34:57 PM
Author: purrfectpear
This might be the biggest drama in your life, but please report your seller and be done with it.
Yes please do so!

We understand you want to bring their name down, and rightfully so - but the most effective way to do so is
to follow the advice you''ve been given here and go to the proper authorities.

No PS member would''ve ever bought there to start with, so you don''t need to convince us
2.gif

Oh, and by the way - I take offence that my name has been put to such a rubbish product
9.gif

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
Sure. I have filed my case to BBB and will wait for the result .........

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 8:49:01 PM
Author: ROGER_DR
Sure. I have filed my case to BBB and will wait for the result .........
what about the jewelers'' vigilance commitee you were recommended? I would go to them too.

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
There will be a charge of $100 for filing a case to JVC. Therefore I would try BBB and then www.econsumer.gov .

Anyway, thanks for all your supports.

nickt

Rough_Rock
16.gif

Roger,

I am contemplating filing a dispute with JVC

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:52:14 PM
Author: aayushk
Oh man! I feel so bad for you. A part of me wants to just walk over to him and punch him in the face. Apparently his motive is to cheat people from the beginning. I went on manta.com, they give information about the company from Dun and Bradstreet, so all the information is very reliable.

Company: AJ Diamonds LLC
Address: 22 W 48th St Ste 1001, New York, NY 10036-1803
Phone: (212) 221-8216
I tried calling him but today is a holiday so that might be why no one picked up but the phone was ringing.

Another thing you might want to know is that there is another company located at the SAME EXACT ADDRESS that has contacted me numerous times for buying diamonds. I have spoken to this guy but never sold to him because it always sounded to good to be true. I got his information off of a diamond dealer trading site, polygon.net. I think he might be the guy you need to start questioning to get some answers!

Company: King Diamonds LLC
Address: 22 W 48th St #1001, New York, NY 10036
Phone: 646-546-5560
Phone: (646) 265-9224
http://www.kingdiamondsonline.com/

There is a lot of shady stuff going on at that location! GOOD LUCK and i hope everything works out in the end. Just some advice, the diamond industry is built on trust and generally the only companies worth trusting are those that have been in the business long time. AJ Diamonds opened in 2006, and King Diamonds in 2000. No one can just jump in and start a business in this industry, its family oriented and passed down generations. The trustworthy new ones are generally trend-makers and they dont sell on eBay.

Could anyone figure out for me that : are they the same company?

King LLC is still selling diamond rings on ebay. If they are the same company,I will go back to ebay again.

Thanks for the helps!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 5:25:07 AM

King LLC is still selling diamond rings on ebay. If they are the same company,I will go back to ebay again.

Thanks for the helps!!!

Roger, please explain to me after this whole mess you would contemplate going back to ebay?

I''m am so sorry for this ordeal and those of us that have been on this forum have seen ebay deals go bad time and time again. of course there are some good one''s there too but you really have to know exactly what your are doing. If I were in your shoes I would keep trying to recoup the money but you may have to accept that you made a very expensive mistake and chalk it up as lessened learned. Then save up again and buy from a well respected trusted vendor. Many of the vendors on this site have storefronts and operate jewelry stores yet are competitive in their prices. You would not have to worry about being scammed again and many offer upgrade policy''s so you can buy a stone within your budget now and then trade it in for a larger one when your budget allows if you want to. anyway, again I''m sorry but seriously, please, please from now on stay away from ebay for diamond purchases
1.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:31:25 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Thanks for the helps!!!

Roger, please explain to me after this whole mess you would contemplate going back to ebay?

I''m am so sorry for this ordeal and those of us that have been on this forum have seen ebay deals go bad time and time again. of course there are some good one''s there too but you really have to know exactly what your are doing. If I were in your shoes I would keep trying to recoup the money but you may have to accept that you made a very expensive mistake and chalk it up as lessened learned. Then save up again and buy from a well respected trusted vendor. Many of the vendors on this site have storefronts and operate jewelry stores yet are competitive in their prices. You would not have to worry about being scammed again and many offer upgrade policy''s so you can buy a stone within your budget now and then trade it in for a larger one when your budget allows if you want to. anyway, again I''m sorry but seriously, please, please from now on stay away from ebay for diamond purchases
1.gif
I don''t think he is going back to ebay to purchase something, I think he is going back to continue the dispute resolution process. If this is the same company, operating under a different name, and still operating on ebay...he may be able to draw a connection during the ebay dispute process.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your situation.

Note for newbies reading this...do NOT buy clarity enhanced stones anywhere and much less ebay!!! You get what ou pay for...or less.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guys- Roger''s problem is made much worse because he is in a foreign country- I believe the crime needs to be reported in NYC.
The problem is not eBay- but rather the crook that stole Roger''s rings.
There are many sites outside eBay with horrible misrepresentation- as well as brick and mortar stores that cheat people.

Personally, I''d love to see the crook punished.
Roger- I''ll call the Midtown North precinct on your behalf later today to see what they say is possible....

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:31:31 AM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Date: 4/15/2009 9:31:25 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Thanks for the helps!!!

1.gif
I don''t think he is going back to ebay to purchase something, I think he is going back to continue the dispute resolution process. If this is the same company, operating under a different name, and still operating on ebay...he may be able to draw a connection during the ebay dispute process.
Yes, you got what I meant. If they are the same company, I will continue to report it to ebay. I won''t buy any diamond ring from ebay after this painful lesson.

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:51:31 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Guys- Roger''s problem is made much worse because he is in a foreign country- I believe the crime needs to be reported in NYC.
The problem is not eBay- but rather the crook that stole Roger''s rings.
There are many sites outside eBay with horrible misrepresentation- as well as brick and mortar stores that cheat people.

Personally, I''d love to see the crook punished.
Roger- I''ll call the Midtown North precinct on your behalf later today to see what they say is possible....
David,

Again, thank you very much for the kind helps. I really appreciate it. :)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Roger,
I apologize- I did not make the call yesterday- but I will today!

Just to again clarify- Roger you did NOT buy a ring from eBay- rather from a crook.

I agree that there''s a lot of junk, and horrible misrepresentatioin on eBay ( like the rest of the internet)- but there are also some honest sellers.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Roger- I just got off the phone with the NYC Police Department.
According to the officer I spoke with you''ll need to report the crime at your local police station- then ask them to contact the Midtown North Police Precinct.
Their number is 001-212-767-8400
I believe they will contact the thieving bastard......I mean the nice man who stole your rings.

I wish I could be of more help......

ROGER_DR

Rough_Rock
OK, I will do that. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results