shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! Ebay store using Dscassi pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
HAVE THEY NO SHAME??
Is it my imagination or do these ebay seller's pics look an awful lot like Dimend Scassi pics? Maybe it is dScassi! (sarcasm alert!)
Highclassjewels located in Beverly Hills (yeah, right!) ebay store

Theirs: 2.31 carat, F Vs2 platinum ring for $16,495
88_1.JPG
link

Dscassi's:
5EA2.jpg

Theirs:
6b_2.JPG

Dscassi's:
ten07A.jpg

Well Dscassi doesn't have this one:
6a_1.JPG

Oh, no, wait a sec.. well it's not a ruby sidestone ring so of course it's not the same!
20.gif

5EA1A_large_1.jpg

This is so much fun, I could do this all day!
27.gif

you know, some ebay buyers just get what they deserve.
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you email dscassi letting them know?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Duh! *smacks self in head* Good idea!
35.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Emailed Dscassi, I don''t know about them but I''d certainly be livid! I''ve sold stuff on eBay and it used to be really helpful to my business, but scum like those folks have totally ruined eBay in sooo many categories!

Isn''t this illegal, btw? It certainly should be!
29.gif
29.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it should be illegal because most of D Scaasi''s rings are their OWN design, so what exactly ARE these people really selling??? I think millions of jewelers sell something like Stuller, so you can expect to see those pictures around, but designer setting pictures should not be representing items on ebay if they are not from that designer.

scaasi

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for pointing this out to me.
I actually had a call from a client about 6 months ago as she bought a ring from them off of eBay and the ring did not look like the picture.
She was not given her money back but was forced to settle for a ring she didn't like.

I had called Tony from Highclass Jewels and he assured me my images will be removed and all auctions closed immediately.
He was given 1 week to comply fully as this happened about a year ago too, and then too he made the same promise only to return again to his old routine soon after.

If you see any additional copyright violations, please report them to me directly at [email protected]

Thank you again for keeping a watchful eye.

P.S. Anyone knows a phone number for eBay (not email, but an actual person to talk to) where we can report these sellers?

Isaac Gottesman aka Scaasi
www.dSCAASI.com

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 1:11:44 PM
Author: dimend SCAASI
Tony from Highclass Jewels
Why does it not suprise me that the owner of "High Class Jewels" is named TONY? If they''re so "High Class" ... shouldn''t he at least go by ANTHONY or ANTONIO???
31.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Ebay has a phone?? Not that I''ve ever noticed!
29.gif

How the heck are these guys getting 100% positive feedback??!?
And I see that the user id''s of their bids are kept private. Plus all of their auction (vs buy-it now) pieces are actually selling with many bids on them.. which is just weird for normal eBay auctions. Leaving the fraudulent pics aside, the whole thing is very suspicious!
38.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
There''s this page on ebay for reporting intellectual property infringements.

And I''m writing an email to Ebay to complain, cause not only is that stuff inherently fraudulent, but the pattern of their selling looks an awful lot like money laundering. This is just such a pet peeve of mine.
29.gif
It ruins eBay for the rest of us!
38.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I would call their VP and General Counsel, Michael Jacobson, directly. The main number for ebay that I found on investor information site is 408-376-7400.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be livid!
29.gif
Vendors on ebay have gotten so slimy.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I used to love to buy things on ebay but I don''t anymore because of stories like this. It seems like there are way too many sharks in the water now and it''s just getting worse as they are getting sneakier about circumventing ebay safeguards to swindle innocent customers. I''m not feeling safe enough to swim in the ebay ocean anymore.

For those of you veterans that can pick out the sheisters, I salute you. I''m afraid I would be too easily hoodwinked.

It''s so sad that what used to be a fun and exciting thing is now riddled with apprehension and doubt. I''m sure the majority of sellers are legit, but I''m just too leary to risk my hard earned money on that website anymore.

I totally still shop the internet but go with larger more well known stores, sellers and websites. Of course, all PS vendors make my "A" list!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
I have to agree with Suzyqz, about buying jewelry on Ebay.

I still buy Jewelry online and through Ebay, I have a certain dollar amount that you really have to beware that if it is to good to be true in mostly isnt. the other point about ebay is that I will only buy an expensive item on ebay if they have a solid, brick/mortar and an strong online presence.

Regarding this situation, why would anyone chance this and possibly getting sued?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe some actually think these "perfect" obviously professional/altered/photoshopped pictures are of the actual rings that they''ll be getting???

Or that they don''t see the same picture for like 50 different rings ... um, yeah, it''s EXACTLY like that one .. down to the SHADOWS.

Buyer beware!

But I also think it''s SCUMMY to steal pix from legitimate, honest businesses!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 1:11:44 PM
Author: dimend SCAASI

P.S. Anyone knows a phone number for eBay (not email, but an actual person to talk to) where we can report these sellers?

Isaac Gottesman aka Scaasi
www.dSCAASI.com
Isaac,

You may wish to start with Greg Fant, an eBay VP. Mr. Fant was their speaker at the GIA Symposium in August. He was questioned by many about misrepresentation, fraud and usage issues such as this. He was concerned by the stories and admitted it is an area eBay needs to learn more about. Perhaps he will assist, or pass you to someone who can.

You can dial 408-376-7400 and use the directory-by-last-name option to reach him directly.

I wish incidents like this were less frequent.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 3:15:11 PM
Author: diamondhunter10

Regarding this situation, why would anyone chance this and possibly getting sued?
Because, given the number of auctions going on at any given moment, it's too easy to get away with. And, as Mr. Gottesman points out, it's not hard to just close up an account and open another one doing the same thing a month later.

Tiffany is currently suing eBay because so many counterfeit Tiffany articles were being sold. The case will likely drag on for another few years, but eBay has not been successful in getting the suit dismissed under the usual rules about an auctioneer's liability.

Many people don't realize just how many auctions on eBay nowadays involve stolen property or counterfeit goods such as fraudulent gift cards. eBay has put the traditional fence out of business because it's so easy to dispose of stolen goods online. In a pawn shop or similiar venue, you're lucky to get 25% of the value; on eBay, the same crooks can get 50-75% or even more.

This is without even getting into the number of outright scams going on using stolen eBay or PayPal accounts, which renders their feedback system meaningless. Forget all the ways it can be gamed--you could easily be dealing with an account with legitimate positive feedback that some crook has since hijacked through a phishing scam.

I've bought a few things over eBay, but personally, I'm done with it. It's been taken over by crooks and scammers.

scaasi

Rough_Rock
I just spoke to Mr. Greg Fant, an eBay VP who informed me of a program eBay has for such violations.
He said eBay is bound to respond and check each and every allegation - auctions are then removed by them promptly.
Here''s a link he provided me with:

Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (VeRO)

I was broken hearted when a lady called me about a ring she bought on eBay. The image was mine, but the ring wasn''t and that place of business tried and failed 3 times to deliver the ring as pictured.
There was nothing I could do for her!

I encourage all the vendors on board, as well as consumers to become more vigilant and report to eBay any such misconduct.
We will never be able to eliminate it completely, but we can certainly be more aware.
Our Attorneys will monitor periodically auctions on eBay and try to eliminate and protect both the consumers and us.

Thank you again for all the emails and phone calls.
Sincerely,

Isaac aka Scaasi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results