color
clarity

#JOTW 3.04 OEC K, VS1 Early 20th Anniversary

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464153260|4036062 said:
sarahb|1464142487|4035999 said:
LLJ--WOW, what a gorgoeuos stone--what a beauty!!! :love: :love: & I'm so glad you kept your Victor setting!!! Congrats on your anniversary! :appl:

Hi sarahb, how are you? After all that turmoil in deciding on a setting, I am not using it within 2 years. :roll: What a PSer, right? However, I am keeping the setting for now. Maybe I'll save it for my daughter's e-ring... (hmmm... she's not even an adult yet...)

LOL, my exact thought re the Victor setting. I thought you had the holy grail there with that one, but I totally 'get it' re this OEC stone, it is charming. When you made the shift from the MRB/Victor setting to a stone like this, it really is a paradigm shift IMHO. In fact, it almost looks like a GOG AVR, the cut is so nice. My color preferences are strict too, i.e. E. So the K would have been a challenge to wrap my mind around. However, this looks to be no problem--congrats on a great find!! :wavey: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely stunning!! Congratulations to you and DH on your anniversary!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1464210834|4036257 said:
Thought I would share some videos that I took while I was debating and getting accustomed to the character of the stone.

outdoor in shade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irtcdF625k

outdoor in direct sunlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GAW_4d3UGQ

indoor fluorescent lighting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CebZx_7sl4

Indoor soft yellow lighting and yellow walls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pep1e189N2A

Congrats on your upgrade and happy early 20th anniversary! :D the videos are wonderful! They capture the beauty so much better than photos. Do you have any comparing OEC to your round brilliant, or the rb alone?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone and such personality. It really is absolutely stunning. Enjoy every minute of your beautiful new ring. It looks perfect on you. Happy early 20th anniversary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, Congratulations!!! ...and happy 20th anniversary :!: .. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464120650|4035878 said:
MissGotRocks|1464084228|4035671 said:
Congratulations - your new stone looks beautiful! Did the Victor setting have to go with the old stone?

The stone does look very lively and sparkly - hope you are over the moon happy!!

Hi MGR, thank you. can you believe I made the jump? I hardly can. I'm so traumatized I keep wondering when the feelings of regret will hit. I keep looking back at my hand asking myself, do I still like it as much as I think I do? :lol:

I had to give up the F, but I will be keeping my setting from Victor. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe give it to my mom? Seems a shame to sell it. Don't feel like it goes with this stone as much. This stone is so sparkly and bright that having page on the band seems almost too much, sensory overload.

For that same reason I am sticking with the plain band for now. The oec demands your eye and if I wear anything with diamonds on it? It feels like just too much right now. I probably just need and adjustment period. ;-)

The upside to PS is that we are more knowledgeable than the general public and can make pretty good diamond choices. The bad side to PS is that once we've made the choice, we immediately start denigrating and questioning the choice until we can almost make ourselves believe that our new diamond is somehow subpar. Perspective is everything - enjoy the beauty of this stone and don't even let yourself begin to look for negatives in it. You are blessed and fortunate to have such a beautiful stone - wear it with pride and by all means enjoy it - I'm sure all of the onlookers are! :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love the videos! Your F was a beauty, too! Just two very different looks!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464153833|4036064 said:
Phoenix|1464146816|4036031 said:
Congratulations, LLJsmom!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary (wow, what a milestone!!) and on this beautiful new diamond. :love: :love: :love:

I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive for you b/c you seemed hesitant. But, now hearing you say that it was love at first sight and how much you continue to love it, then this is THE ONE!! The faceting is AMAZING!! I'd love to see it in person; or in video (shame we can't post videos here).

Thank you Phoenix. I would love for you to meet her (I think of it as a her, cause it's moody.) :lol: If you are ever in the SF Bay Area, look me up and we will introduce my pretty to your many pretties. I hope one of them is aka pave Love with ceramic. :Up_to_something: Let me just say I can see you wearing that with jeans, some super casual stuff. I wait with baited breath...

I'd LOVE to meet you IRL. If I'm in the area, yes, I'd def look you up.

I ordered the paved Love with ceramic! :D :lickout:

I :love: :love: :love: your new baby. I enjoy very much your videos. What an amazing find! Well done! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1464228487|4036352 said:
Absolutely love the videos! Your F was a beauty, too! Just two very different looks!

I so agree, DS. LLJsmom's new beauty is making me fall in love with OECs all over again.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY........!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Absolutely stunning! Wear her in good health!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your anniversary and your anniversary rock! :love: :love: That is just the most exquisite faceting. It's so gorgeous. How can you ever stop from staring at it all the time?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been fantasizing all week about trading for an OEC, sigh. Your stone is so, so beautiful!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the setting too.... If you ever want to get rid of your temp setting, lmk!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW!! LLJsmom :appl: :appl: :appl:
Your ring is absolutely scrumptious!
Its all A-1 perfect. Love the stone and the setting.. makes me want to have one in my arsenal.
Enjoy!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your anniversary!. What an amazing OEC :love: It"s beautiful and I know you must be tickled pink.

I was just in the SF Bay area but I didn't check in to PS while there, I would love to have met up with you :((

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Amazing!!! It looks perfect on you. I would love to be able to see a great performing OEC or AVR in person some day!! Or maybe not :think: Congrats on a fabulous ring and early Anniversary!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tarrotka, thank you for your kind words. Your antique cushion is stunning. I still dream of having one someday. Hope the close ups of the setting were good enough. I really suck at pictures.

marym, thank you! Very kind of you.

Crystal24k,
thank you. It is quite sparkly.

Derbygal, I’m glad you like the prongs. They are not what I am used to, but because they are fatter, they kinda make the stone like squarish. They are cute and pointy, right?

Kgizo, thank you! Hope your new project is progressing. Can’t wait to see the end result.

Farleysmom, thank you. Crazy that I was thinking about a three stone, or not… I love yours and looked at them a zillion times. Can’t go wrong with a classic, but Adam just came up with the right one. I’m going to keep it on my list. :)

Dancing Fire, thank you. :)

MGR, thank you. You always have the best advice. Thank you. I will just enjoy. I have to actually learn how to do that. I’m so naturally pessimistic. Maybe this lovely girl will help me.

DS, glad you liked the videos. It’s interesting when I look at the F, even though it is so white, I would not trade this.

Phoenix, maybe down the road, you will add an OEC to your repertoire. That would be exciting.

Trekkie, thank you. You are so sweet.

foxinsox, I actually do stare at my ring all the time. I examine it multiple times a day, probably every hour at least. It’s crazy. Heck, I’m crazy.

Tourmaline, wow, can you imagine making the jump?? Would be exciting! Just sayin’… hmmm, maybe you should just give Adam a quick call. :Up_to_something: A short chat can’t hurt.

Rubies, wow, you like it?! With your “arsenal”? Btw, that is THE BEST word for your collection. I’m going to have to steal that from you. Thank you. Maybe you can call Adam too. I’m sure he’d only be too happy to help your add to your arsenal.

Bright ice, I’m bummed we could not meet. We would have had so much fun. I saw the most beautiful tranny there. Next time, please let me know. I would be happy to go bling shopping together.

mns12, thank you! I hope you are enjoying your beautiful Canera halo. The cushion halo around a round diamond is my favorite shape.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa nelly - been busy the past week and missed this. Happy 20th! That is a gorgeous ring - I am loving the K!!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, Congrats on your 20th! The facet pattern on this stone is AMAZING!!! The stone being so much brighter than a MRB makes it impossible to tell that it's a K! I'm not sure if you already mentioned it in this thread, but is this an antique OEC?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1464333331|4036867 said:
LLJsmom, Congrats on your 20th! The facet pattern on this stone is AMAZING!!! The stone being so much brighter than a MRB makes it impossible to tell that it's a K! I'm not sure if you already mentioned it in this thread, but is this an antique OEC?

Thank you CareBear. Yes, it's an antique OEC. Adam at Old World Diamonds found it for me.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464333812|4036870 said:

Thank you CareBear. Yes, it's an antique OEC. Adam at Old World Diamonds found it for me.
This has got to be the most symmetric and 'pristine' antique OEC on PS?!

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. Breathtaking. My 20th is in 2 years and I would be over the moon, and shocked, to be able to source a stone that perfect! Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1464356124|4036936 said:
LLJsmom|1464333812|4036870 said:

This has got to be the most symmetric and 'pristine' antique OEC on PS?!

Thanks CareBear. Such a nice thing to say given all the treasures on PS. I dare not assume that. I am just lucky to be able to stare at it every day. I'm still not used to its moodiness, cause my F was white mostly everywhere. This stone just changes color from room to room. What is really consistent is the sparkle factor. It may turn yellow in a gold elevator but it sparkles just as much.

What is interesting is how white it is under fluorescent lighting. I didn't expect that.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is beyond gorgeous and I love the setting. It seems like a perfect pairing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Jewel of the Week!

now to watch those videos :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on being selected for Jewel of the Week. How could you not with this fabulous diamond? :appl: :appl: :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really a stunning beauty. I love her faceting. Congratulations on finding a great old stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results