shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.04 OEC K, VS1 Early 20th Anniversary

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY for jewel of the week LLJsmom! :appl: Your beautiful OEC deserves to be there! GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1464266704|4036482 said:
Absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the setting too.... If you ever want to get rid of your temp setting, lmk!

Thank you upgradingmama. I will definitely let you know if I decide to let go of the setting.

Yimmers said:
Whoa nelly - been busy the past week and missed this. Happy 20th! That is a gorgeous ring - I am loving the K!!!!

Thanks Yimmers. Hard to believe it's a K.

purplesparklies said:
Oh my goodness. Breathtaking. My 20th is in 2 years and I would be over the moon, and shocked, to be able to source a stone that perfect! Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks purplesparklies. Give Adam a call and ask him to start the search early. Ummm, but it may end up being a bit too early, for your DH I mean. ;-)

Lookinagain said:
Your stone is beyond gorgeous and I love the setting. It seems like a perfect pairing.

Thanks lookinagain. Adam is really good at knowing what a person likes and what would complement and old cut. I guess he just knows.

gemgirl said:
It's really a stunning beauty. I love her faceting. Congratulations on finding a great old stone.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks gemgirl. I really just got lucky. And had some great advice from friends.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, thanks for being so supportive. And for introducing me to Adam. I got super lucky. And it helped so much that you saw it too. It made me much more confident in my decision.

jimmianne, thank you. Watching you bring your K from room to room helped me commit. Hope you are getting a lot of wear out of your stone.

marcy, thanks for being there, even at the weirdest times of the day, for random bling thoughts.

ASstonie, thank you for sayin' it like it is. (((Hug)))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a little teary watching those videos.lol Simply beautiful!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I missed this!! Your new OEC is absolutely stunning!! And what I would give to have such lovely long fingers to put it on!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, So happy you decided to keep her! This diamond was meant for you and looks lovely on your beautiful hand.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just had to come back and look again. Simply gorgeous..! :appl: :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jimmianne, rainwood, calliecake, and aca. I am really enjoying wearing it. I have to say I have gotten accustomed to the size rather quickly. :oops: I looked through a lot of pictures of old MRB. As much as I miss the blinding whiteness of the F, I wouldn't trade my OEC back for it. The sparkle from the stone is really amazing. I see it from all these facets from the edge.

Here is a recent at indoor video.
https://youtu.be/0_l4d3r6n6k

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love that you took the OEC plunge! I can certainly see why- your stone and ring are gorgeous.

I admit, I was in love with your VC solitaire, as well, but this OEC seems so lovely and sassy you are so happy. Trying to catch up on the story it seems like quite a fun trip to arrive here! Enjoy in the best of health!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats LLJsmom!!! You picked out a beauty! :love: :love: :love: Hope you are still enthralled with her b/c I know I am. Please share more pics, videos, or insights that you may have when you get a chance. I enjoyed catching up on your journey. This OEC gives you such amazing finger coverage!!! We wear the same ring size, so I am living vicariously through you in this thread. Happy early anniversary!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in with you LLJsmom and back to say again how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE your 3 plus carat OEC. It is so beautiful and bright with chunky facet goodness. A perfect marriage of old world charm with an excellent cut and :appl: a genuine antique! A great analogy to your wonderful marriage-standing the test of time with charm, beauty and classic elegance. PERFECTION. :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rayt2688, apacherose, lovesvintage, missy, thank you all so much. I do love my stone. And strangely, I like it more as time passes. I do think about moving up in color, but if I had to give up the cut, I wouldn't do it. I found a new perspective that I love. When I look at it from passenger's side, sideview mirror of the front seat, the sparkle is unbelievable. I will try to post a recent video, indoors.

https://youtu.be/2nJdKnnLmho

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
I never tire of seeing your OEC in action. It's so mesmerizing and has so much presence on your finger! :love: :drool:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I felt it wouldn't be complete without adding this last little bit. I finally decided on a name for her. Please meet MissyK, named after only the sweetest and kindest person on PS (IMHO), who is the main reason I have this beauty to stare at day and night. I took a while but I kept coming back to this name which felt only natural. In the real Missy's honor, here is one more pic.

_5494.jpeg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Congrats with your anniversary. Love your new diamond and the movement in the facets look amazing! :love:

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I know its been a very long time and I'm not sure if you're on here much anymore but I wanted to get your opinion on switching from a new cut to an old cut after living with it for a while. I currently have an ideal cut round but have been contemplating switching for a very long time. Any pros, cons, regrets? I appreciate it!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Introducing my OEC. Thank you to Adam at Old World Diamonds.

GIA OEC
K, VS1
3.04 carats

This stone is stunning, bright, so lively, won’t stop sparkling. It has super sharp facets that appear extremely symmetrical to my eyes. The petal pattern in the center and diamond shapes all along the edges are extremely clear. I constantly see the facets flash at me as light hits the stone. Adam said it is one of the best cut OECs that he has.

It took me quite a while to commit to this stone because it definitely had more color than the previous F, VS1 MRB I had. I was deciding between this one and a 3.29 I, VS2. The I was bigger and definitely brighter in all environments. In the end I had to go with the K because of the beautiful, symmetrical faceting, and liveliness of the stone.

The back story is here if anyone is interested.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tique-cut.219320/page-2#post-4035621#p4035621

I apologize in advance. These are all iphone pics. I suck with a real camera.

Next to my J AVR

under yellow lighting in yellow room

_3769.jpeg

_3770.jpeg

_3771.jpeg

_3772.jpeg
Ooh it’s absolutely perfect!! I love it :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I know its been a very long time and I'm not sure if you're on here much anymore but I wanted to get your opinion on switching from a new cut to an old cut after living with it for a while. I currently have an ideal cut round but have been contemplating switching for a very long time. Any pros, cons, regrets? I appreciate it!
Hi @McGinnis No, I can’t say I have any regrets. Visually I prefer the bigger floral faceting of an OEC to an MRB. IF I I had money to burn I would get a super ideal MRB too. But since I can have only one I prefer the OEC. I have learned that I would maybe prefer an antique step cut to any round so I may someday switch over. If you have more specific questions let me know.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow! What a gorgeous stone and ring! Such glow and the facet pattern is amazing!!! It is gorgeous on your hand!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect name for such a PS gem, both your ring and the sweet lady herself!

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi @McGinnis No, I can’t say I have any regrets. Visually I prefer the bigger floral faceting of an OEC to an MRB. IF I I had money to burn I would get a super ideal MRB too. But since I can have only one I prefer the OEC. I have learned that I would maybe prefer an antique step cut to any round so I may someday switch over. If you have more specific questions let me know.

Thanks for the reply!!! I recently had a AVR moissy sent to me to check things out. Its gawgeous, I love the pattern and the light return but found I'd be losing significant size. I did check LAD, OWD, and JBG as well but I dont think its something that's within sight just yet. :sick: Learning to appreciate what I have is well, a learning experience. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful on your hand!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is such an amazing oec! I'm hunting for an upgrade and I would love to find a stone like this :) I love that facet pattern

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such an amazing oec! I'm hunting for an upgrade and I would love to find a stone like this :) I love that facet pattern
Thank you @goldenfire . Very kind of you. Yes, I got very lucky with the faceting. She is super pretty. I guess that is part of the fun of the hunt. Do you have a thread on your search?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @goldenfire . Very kind of you. Yes, I got very lucky with the faceting. She is super pretty. I guess that is part of the fun of the hunt. Do you have a thread on your search?
No thread yet but maybe I should lol. I'm sure getting some extra eyes out there and opinions would be helpful

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Hi LLJsmom
I am in market for an upgrade. Right now i have a modern cut 1.3 ct j colored stone. I am loving the antique cuts (OWD and grace) but have not seen one in person. I was doing some research and came across your threads and i will admit I am fascinated by your journey and your stone. I know you have had the OEC k for 2,3 yrs now. Do you still love it as much? Do you have any regrets switching to higher colored modern cut to lower antique cut? I would reallly realllly appreciate your help. Thanks

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom
I am in market for an upgrade. Right now i have a modern cut 1.3 ct j colored stone. I am loving the antique cuts (OWD and grace) but have not seen one in person. I was doing some research and came across your threads and i will admit I am fascinated by your journey and your stone. I know you have had the OEC k for 2,3 yrs now. Do you still love it as much? Do you have any regrets switching to higher colored modern cut to lower antique cut? I would reallly realllly appreciate your help. Thanks
Hi @Manomi, I do not have any regrets switching over. I truly love old cuts. And I’ve only discovered more old cuts that I love such as antique emerald cuts. From my experience and who I am, I needed to examine OECs with my own eyes to figure out what color I liked. It sounds trite but you need to find the one that you moves you. I had a visceral reaction when I saw MK, my OEC. If possible, reach out to Adam and tell him your budget. See if he can choose some stones and send you some videos. Better yet, make the trip to nyc and see for yourself.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Yeah i have reached out to Adam and am talking to him. I found a beautiful stone on whiteflash also. Hearts and arrow. A little over my budget but i think i’ll manage. Trying to decide if i should go with old cut or the safer choice, hearts and arrow. But yes you are right. I need to see in person before I decide. Thanks for taking out time to reply :)

Hi @Manomi, I do not have any regrets switching over. I truly love old cuts. And I’ve only discovered more old cuts that I love such as antique emerald cuts. From my experience and who I am, I needed to examine OECs with my own eyes to figure out what color I liked. It sounds trite but you need to find the one that you moves you. I had a visceral reaction when I saw MK, my OEC. If possible, reach out to Adam and tell him your budget. See if he can choose some stones and send you some videos. Better yet, make the trip to nyc and see for yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results