#JOTW 3.04 OEC K, VS1 Early 20th Anniversary

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The more I see OEC'S, the more I love them. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! I will reply to everyone separately this evening. I jus wanted to post a random thought. Having this ring on in the office is like having Tiffany lighting constantly spot lighting your stone. So interesting...

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! :love: :love: :love:

And he!!, shut the BACK DOOR TOO!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

This stone and ring=Pricescope icon. It has everything---the gorgeous facets with lots of pastel colors and light flashes, color, clarity and HELLO SIZE/WEIGHT!!

It is so beautiful on your pretty hand, LLJs, it's just superlative on you and with all your fab bling combinations.

It shows how loved you are around these parts that the second and third reactions weren't unrestrained envy (just the first!).

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary, by the way, you've got it all goin' on! :sun: :D :bigsmile:

More pics as they come to be, please! Including a close up of the setting, okay?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is beautiful--looks right at home on your finger!!!!! WOW! :love:

Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations - your stone and setting are stunning. Happy Anniversary. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing upgrade. You have such a stunning stone and setting. I am thrilled for you.
Welcome to the OEC club :wavey:
Adam has chosen a beautiful setting for you. Do you miss Victor's setting?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good LAWD!! What a gorgeous stone!!! [emoji7][emoji7] I [emoji175] the pattern, and it looks AMAZING on your finger! Congratulations!!! [emoji95][emoji1363][emoji95]

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous OEC. I keep thinking my 25th anniversary ring is going to have to be an OEC. Thanks for all the info about your experience with Adam. :love: And happy anniversary to you!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oh my, wowwwwwzaaaa!!!!! :love: Congrats on one truly stunning stone!!! :lickout: It's so gorgeous it has me rethinking about my upgrade...soooo off to OWD I will have to go just to make sure I know what I want before pulling the trigger!

Please post a zillion more photos!! I don't get tired of looking at it!!! :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new OLD (EC) beauty!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: And happy early anniversary!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, I forgot to ask what happened to your old VC setting (not sure if I missed you mentioning it before)? I hope you kept it for a colored stone project for the future?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh LLJ..... I think it is the most perfect OEC I have ever, ever seen.... :love: :love: :love:

The setting is just divine & they look like one was designed for the other. They are a perfect match. I really do need to get an OEC at some point in my life. I am craving the beauty of those big flashes of colour!

Happy Anniversary & congratulations! It looks like a keeper to me!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! that stone is fantastic! the faceting looks so crisp and gorgeous. and Happy Anniversary!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
The stone is truly charming! I love all the personality! The color is perfect, it is not warm to me at all, only inviting. It makes me want to stare at the stone. I also love the setting. Even though the stone is very sizable it feels like such a great combo that would be comfortable to wear all the time. Congrats on the anniversary and the truly lovely ring! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi aca, thank you for your lovely comments. Let me just say that I love your cushion and I think J VS1 might be my sweet spot. I can't tell you how tempted I was by a cushion Adam had. In my heart of hearts I think I am a cushion girl, but I would have a lot of trouble giving up the coverage and he timelessness of a round. I hope your time for a round old cut will come. They are so different from a cushion that even I could justify owning both.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1464084228|4035671 said:
Congratulations - your new stone looks beautiful! Did the Victor setting have to go with the old stone?

The stone does look very lively and sparkly - hope you are over the moon happy!!

Hi MGR, thank you. can you believe I made the jump? I hardly can. I'm so traumatized I keep wondering when the feelings of regret will hit. I keep looking back at my hand asking myself, do I still like it as much as I think I do? :lol:

I had to give up the F, but I will be keeping my setting from Victor. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe give it to my mom? Seems a shame to sell it. Don't feel like it goes with this stone as much. This stone is so sparkly and bright that having page on the band seems almost too much, sensory overload.

For that same reason I am sticking with the plain band for now. The oec demands your eye and if I wear anything with diamonds on it? It feels like just too much right now. I probably just need and adjustment period. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1464084305|4035672 said:
It is stunning! :love:

Thank you lknvrb4. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1464085455|4035674 said:
I am in love! wowee. what a beaut!
did you design the setting?

Hi artdecolover71, thank you. I did not design it. It is something Adam had which he used to set it for me so I could see how it would look with me living with it. Saint, right? I couldn't make a decision without seeing it loose and set. I'm super glad he choose a four prong versus six. I'm definitely a four prong kinda girl. He setting is super plain and kinda worn in. It feels comfy, like I've had it forever. Weird huh?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1464088422|4035679 said:
:love: :love: :love: Oh-so-beautiful!! Congratulations!!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you Scandinavian. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fulvia|1464089716|4035683 said:
Holy mother. This is stunning!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Who did the setting?

Edit: I just read the previous posts and see that Adam at OWD did the setting. It looks gorgeous! Can we get close-ups of the band?

Hi Fulvia, thank you. I will try to take some better close ups of the band. I think the setting is antique and I can see engraving on the band that is kinda worn down. The diamond is set quite low and feels understated. Nothing flashy at all, so different from my Canera setting. It is extremely simple, and he skinny baguettes are barely visible. This is good for now. I'm too overwhelmed by the stone to think seriously about another setting. :twirl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1464091607|4035692 said:
Congrats on your anniverary bling, LLJsmom! :appl: Your new OEC looks beautiful on you! :love:

So what do you think about the difference in size compared to your MRB?
M-2-b, I didn't think he size difference was much initially. When I compared them side by side the oec did not look much bigger. Now that it's alone on my finger, it looks significantly bigger. I think it's because the sparkles are just bigger and go from edge to edge around the stone. I feel like I see more parts of the stone, so that probably tricks my eye into thinking the stone bigger than it actually is. It feels like a good size on me. It's not huge on me, but it looks substantial, the most apt word I can find. Is there such a thing as Diamond Growing Syndrome? DGS? :lol: I'm sure it will be DSS by the end of the week.

For now I am hanging on to my VC setting. Not sure what I will do with it. :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more request LLJsmom--can you post a pic comparing your K OEC to your J AVR for those interested in seeing the color/patterning differences? Thx! :wavey:

BTW, I've never experienced DGS myself, unfortunately! ;(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1464122144|4035885 said:
One more request LLJsmom--can you post a pic comparing your K OEC to your J AVR for those interested in seeing the color/patterning differences? Thx! :wavey:

BTW, I've never experienced DGS myself, unfortunately! ;(

I tried to enlarge this bad iPhone pics as much as I could while still retaining some clarity of the pic. I wanted to mention as far as what I have noticed with sparkle pattern. The eoc will sometimes surprise me with these random little funny shaped reflections soon the edge and in places that seem to fill out the diamond. Not every petal is shaped perfectly. There is this one really cute one that looks like a twisted leaf. On the AVR, the pattern is much more uniform. No better or worse. Just different.

Sorry you will probably need to blow up the bottom pic to see the center petal pattern.

_3796.jpeg

_3797.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1464094013|4035701 said:
Magnificent! With your tennis bracelet and VCA butterfly DIVINE :love: :love: :mrgreen: :bigsmile:
It's certainly helps that you have beautiful hands too. All so fabulous!
Thank you Mayk. You're so kind. I hope you are enjoying your J, VS1. I initially wanted exactly those specs. Could I request more pics? :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1464092221|4035693 said:
Congratulations, stunning ring. :love:

Thank you Monnyjay! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1464092456|4035694 said:
It's utterly stunning!!! I love it!! Enjoy. :) :) :)

Thank you Tourmaline! :wavey:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE four prongs ESP w old cuts! I had my OMC in one. Yours makes me want another one! Lol. 3 years until my 25 th wedding anniversary. Lol.

So happy for you! It's just completely perfect!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1464095006|4035705 said:
Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love: your OEC is absolutely gorgeous and has beautiful presence on your hand. It looks so bright and lively-- I doubt any casual observer would notice any color; my experience is that people usually just notice size and the overall gestalt that it is sparkling and beautiful!
Congratulations and wear it in great health! :wavey:

Mol42, I wanted to say thank you so much for your help on that other thread. What you said about your reaching for the OEC more than the MRB really resonated with me. It helped push me over the edge to an OEC. I knew I preferred the OEC more because I could see myself reaching for it more frequently than the MRB if I had both. And since I could afford both, I knew which I should go for. are you still loving your K? You should post more pics. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1464098973|4035726 said:
Gorgeous!!! :love: :appl: I am familiar with that stone because my PS friend also tried it, but she was after different specs. Of all the OECs he sent her, I felt that one was the best cut! So I am very excited that gorgeous stone has ended up in a PS home!

The setting is beautiful, too! Are you keeping that or is it temporary?

DS, so you saw this stone! You can see why I fell for it right? I hope your friend finds the right one for her. It's hard to understand what people mean when they say it's personal until you try the search yourself. Now I get it. It's quite an amazing stone. I can't believe he still had it in his inventory. Maybe this stone and I were meant for each other. Funny huh?

The setting is temp because it's definitely appropriate but not what I envisioned. I would love a tri-wire from Victor, but can't consider any move now bcause I am overwhelmed by this stone. It keeps screaming "look at me!!!" All day long. So when I can get over it, I may think about a more elaborate or special setting. Right now I just want to to calm down, and this setting is understated and can help me accomplish that.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect on you! This my favorite flavor of oec, congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results