shape
carat
color
clarity

What shape for Double Halo Yellow Diamond Ring??

GiordanoBruno

Rough_Rock
3793 you can see his fingers underneath along the outside edges especially at the bottom, that area is very large and not something I would want to see. Too bad, the uniform small flashes give the stone a nice appearance and saturation of color in the middle.

3721 also shows the finger a bit but not nearly as badly as 3793 but the the flashes are larger so the color isn't as uniform. I'd want to see a photo of it on top of the white tray and perhaps an ASET as well.

Ultimately I think this is going to be really tough to do from online, you are limiting yourself to a very small sample of stones and judging based on a couple of photographs which is precarious especially for colored stones.

Could you send final choices to an appraiser to view in person prior to purchase?
Have you compared prices for stones between Leon and DBL for similar carat weight FY or FLY Radiants?

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
GiordanoBruno|1296682703|2841058 said:
3793 you can see his fingers underneath along the outside edges especially at the bottom, that area is very large and not something I would want to see. Too bad, the uniform small flashes give the stone a nice appearance and saturation of color in the middle.

3721 also shows the finger a bit but not nearly as badly as 3793 but the the flashes are larger so the color isn't as uniform. I'd want to see a photo of it on top of the white tray and perhaps an ASET as well.

Ultimately I think this is going to be really tough to do from online, you are limiting yourself to a very small sample of stones and judging based on a couple of photographs which is precarious especially for colored stones.

Could you send final choices to an appraiser to view in person prior to purchase?
Have you compared prices for stones between Leon and DBL for similar carat weight FY or FLY Radiants?
We're looking at cushions aren't we?

I am confused what you mean about the larger flashes of light making the color not so uniform though. I'm not seeing nor understanding what larger flashes of light have to do with that.

You sure you are new here? You seem *so* familiar.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Familiar - yes it seems very much so!

First it's you telling us dark areas are reflections of the lens, now you're an expert on judging photos taken on a finger.
Interesting.

Can you take some photos of two diamonds on a finger at the same time and get them in perfect alignment to the lens Giorgano?
I'd love to see that!

Small sampling? How many stones has anyone looked at?

GiordanoBruno

Rough_Rock
Seems pretty clear to me.
Why are you two pushing so hard?

finger.jpg

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
3721 ... but the the flashes are larger so the color isn't as uniform.
Can you please answer this for me since you decided to avoid it the first time?

I really cannot see what you are seeing here. Or maybe I don't understand what you mean at all. The color looks uniform to me. There are nice bright flashes but that has aboslutely *nothing* to do with color.

I also fail to see how asking this question is pushing.

ETA: Wintotty I apologize. I have a bad feeling that GiodanoBruno has a thing against me from the past. I shouldn't fall trap to this.

My personal favorite out of the two is the 1.21 FLY after looking a few times. Can we get video of them side by side? Or seperately?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To elaborate: any diamond cut has larger and smaller flashes.
Any diamond cut will look a bit different when the stone is tilted.
The best crushed ice has both larger and smaller flashes
What I look for is a balance- good color, good sparkle, and good size for the weight.
Each of the stones under discussion have a very nice balance of these characteristics IMO.

clgwli said:
My personal favorite out of the two is the 1.21 FLY after looking a few times. Can we get video of them side by side? Or seperately?
always have a few larger virtual facet areas.

I'll try to have such a video posted in our youtube channel by tomorrow clgwli!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
clgwli,

Don't worry, forum has been kind of "interesting" these days.

I can't wait to see the video clip, that'll be informative! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I am drooling over the delicate colour of the larger one 3721 :love: what a beauty!

Though I'd be just fine with spending the night with the other, too...

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1296709440|2841598 said:
Oh my, I am drooling over the delicate colour of the larger one 3721 :love: what a beauty!

Though I'd be just fine with spending the night with the other, too...
Love it!!!!! :lol:

Wintotty thanks for understanding. It has been "interesting" to say the least!

I can't wait to see the video myself!!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Here is some youtube clip David sent me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juh-KL6_CwU

I'm even more confused now, because in this youtube the color difference looks very little.
David has been SO great to work with, I should see the finished ring in 2~3 weeks! :appl: :appl:

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
missydebby|1296791260|2842522 said:

Hi Missydebby, I don't see you around much anymore, is everything OK? (I saw your brief comment about you trying to resolve some issue) :wavey:

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
wintotty|1296789732|2842504 said:

I'm even more confused now, because in this youtube the color difference looks very little.
David has been SO great to work with, I should see the finished ring in 2~3 weeks! :appl: :appl:
Yay!!!! Did you decide on one then?

I am not sure I'd be able to decide myself. The color difference is not enough IMO to let that be a deciding factor for sure.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
clgwli|1296828380|2842768 said:
wintotty|1296789732|2842504 said:

Yay!!!! Did you decide on one then?

I am not sure I'd be able to decide myself. The color difference is not enough IMO to let that be a deciding factor for sure.

No I haven't decided on the stone...... David is SO GREAT that he's making 2 rings with each stones so I can decide which one I want after the ring is finished!! I think he really likes the design of the ring, so he's willing to make 2 and have one as their stock! So far I've received perfect service from DBL, and can't ask for anything better :)) SO glad I decided to contact DBL for this project, and thanks to you all who recommended them to me!! :wavey: :wavey:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
wintotty|1296791941|2842534 said:
missydebby|1296791260|2842522 said:

Hi Missydebby, I don't see you around much anymore, is everything OK? (I saw your brief comment about you trying to resolve some issue) :wavey:

Awww thanks for thinking of me sweetie. I'm just lurking more. Not commenting so much. Just being lazy :oops:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wintotty|1296836401|2842896 said:
No I haven't decided on the stone...... David is SO GREAT that he's making 2 rings with each stones so I can decide which one I want after the ring is finished!! I think he really likes the design of the ring, so he's willing to make 2 and have one as their stock! So far I've received perfect service from DBL, and can't ask for anything better :)) SO glad I decided to contact DBL for this project, and thanks to you all who recommended them to me!! :wavey: :wavey:

Wow. Not many would go above and beyond like that, that's for sure - stock or no! Looking forward to seeing them - and which one you choose, I'm wondering if you will find it an easier or harder choice :sun:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1296840297|2842955 said:
wintotty|1296836401|2842896 said:

Wow. Not many would go above and beyond like that, that's for sure - stock or no! Looking forward to seeing them - and which one you choose, I'm wondering if you will find it an easier or harder choice :sun:

Though I've never bought anything from David and DBL, I had worked with him on some possibilities, and IMHO, he is one of the finest, nicest, most accommodating vendors out there. A real pleasure. Based on our interactions, I WILL at some point in the future be a customer, and there's not a lot of businesses you can say that about.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is amazing! How perfect to get to see BOTH stones in the finished ring! :appl: I would definitely have them both sent to you in order to decide. Maybe someone here will take the other one! :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I like the color and facet pattern of the smaller FY better than the FLY! The size difference would not be noticable once doule haloed anyways, so that is not as much of a consideration for me.

Can't wait to see the two rings David makes! Excellent service indeed.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
oh how exciting! which setting did you end up going? the halo? you're gonna love it!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome!!! I knew David was a great guy, and this just proves it to me. I know the other will sell, but still that is amazing he is willing to do that! I can't wait to see the finished product on BOTH rings! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add my vote for 3793--it's stunning!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GiordanoBruno|1296580399|2839462 said:
Lorelei said:
GiordanoBruno|1296500933|2838345 said:
WinTotty,

Those "dark areas" you are seeing are a result of the dark camera lens being reflected as it is too close to the diamond. This is a common problem when trying to get magnified images of diamonds.

The unfortunate thing about trying to select a FCD online is that you can't help but be heavily influenced by photography skill, lighting and style of the vendor. Rejecting a diamond and vendor based on "dark areas" in the photograph may just lead you to another vendor who makes the same cut quality of diamonds look better in their photographs.

With FY colored diamonds, the first cutting priority will be for saturation of color, then weight, and lastly sparkle and size of white flashes.
For uniformity and saturation of color you are better off with a radiant or modified cushion cutting style which exhibits mostly small and very small sparkles.

Hello again Giordan,

Are you in the diamond industry out of interest? You seem to have such a huge knowledge of cushions especially, or are cushion diamonds just your hobby?

Lorelei,

Thank-you for your interest. I am a hobbyist and have spent a fair amount of time talking to some of the PS vendors and other trade members.

I believe that this thread is about helping Wintotty and I don't feel it appropriate to answer questions unrelated to her search here.

You really remind me of another poster especially with how you answered above Giordan, you do seem very familiar indeed as others have also noticed.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
My little piece of sun is here!

I'll take pics later today and post on the SMTB thread! :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wintotty|1299168733|2863765 said:

YAY!!!!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
wintotty|1299168733|2863765 said:

Awesome! I cannot wait!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh can't wait to see your pics!!

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
So much good info in this thread! I'm feeling lucky to want a pale FY stone ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results