shape
carat
color
clarity

What shape for Double Halo Yellow Diamond Ring??

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Oh I see, I didn't know the Tiffany only uses Fancy Yellow an up only, but again you guys are right they usually have their own grading system for white diamonds, so they may do the same to Fancy Colors.

I'm not sure why the Fancy Yellow kind looked blended in, can be the color being the lighter side of Fancy Yellow, or maybe do you think it was because the size is relatively small (.6-.7)so it got overwhelmed by the double halos? If the stone was bigger (close to 1 carat) it might have helped?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings all!
There is a point under discussion I'd like to comment on:
The difference between Fancy Light Yellow and Fancy Yellow.
It's important to remember that these colors are ranges- and the ranges are far wider than colorless ranges.
I like to use this comparison: If the difference between D and E is represented by and inch, the difference between Fancy Light to Fancy Yellow is a foot.
A stone that just missed getting the FY grade ( GIA called it FLY) can actually be darker than a "lucky" FY.

It's also important to point out that grading the absence of color is far easier than grading the presence of color: That is to say it's pretty clear when you compare a D to an E , through the pavilion, which one is darker.
But grading Fancy Colors is done face up- and it's far more difficult, and there are far more questionable calls by GIA.
That said- in general, Fancy Light Yellow has quite a bit of color- hold it next to an intense yellow and you'll see a clear difference- but you'd never confuse it with an "off white" stone.
All that being said- sometimes any of these colors just don;t seem to have the....ooomph you want to see.
That can be due to a lot of factors- such as the cut, the way it's set, fluorescence ( which is a wild card in itself- sometimes it actually helps the color)- or even the nature of the diamond itself.
Sometimes the color is just not....pure, but it still gets the grade.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1296496429|2838275 said:
Greetings all!
There is a point under discussion I'd like to comment on:
The difference between Fancy Light Yellow and Fancy Yellow.
It's important to remember that these colors are ranges- and the ranges are far wider than colorless ranges.
I like to use this comparison: If the difference between D and E is represented by and inch, the difference between Fancy Light to Fancy Yellow is a foot.
A stone that just missed getting the FY grade ( GIA called it FLY) can actually be darker than a "lucky" FY.

It's also important to point out that grading the absence of color is far easier than grading the presence of color: That is to say it's pretty clear when you compare a D to an E , through the pavilion, which one is darker.
But grading Fancy Colors is done face up- and it's far more difficult, and there are far more questionable calls by GIA.
That said- in general, Fancy Light Yellow has quite a bit of color- hold it next to an intense yellow and you'll see a clear difference- but you'd never confuse it with an "off white" stone.
All that being said- sometimes any of these colors just don;t seem to have the....ooomph you want to see.
That can be due to a lot of factors- such as the cut, the way it's set, fluorescence ( which is a wild card in itself- sometimes it actually helps the color)- or even the nature of the diamond itself.
Sometimes the color is just not....pure, but it still gets the grade.

David - in your experience, would these lucky stones (or the unlucky ones) be priced accordingly? An unlucky F by the report couldn't be sold with an E premium, but I imagine the differences between O/P and S/T are more fuzzy - and I remember you mentioned in another thread that a pink-looking brown would be priced higher than a plain brown even if it didn't have any notation of pink on the GIA report.

GiordanoBruno

Rough_Rock
WinTotty,

Those "dark areas" you are seeing are a result of the dark camera lens being reflected as it is too close to the diamond. This is a common problem when trying to get magnified images of diamonds.

The unfortunate thing about trying to select a FCD online is that you can't help but be heavily influenced by photography skill, lighting and style of the vendor. Rejecting a diamond and vendor based on "dark areas" in the photograph may just lead you to another vendor who makes the same cut quality of diamonds look better in their photographs.

With FY colored diamonds, the first cutting priority will be for saturation of color, then weight, and lastly sparkle and size of white flashes.

For uniformity and saturation of color you are better off with a radiant or modified cushion cutting style which exhibits mostly small and very small sparkles.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good question Yssie!
It's really acedemic in the case of S-T, U-V, and O-P- even if we go down to Y-Z- these are just about at the bottom of the price scale, and there's not much appreciable difference in price.
In the case of a "lucky" Fancy Yellow, for example- it does make a difference. buyers looking for more color- and going up the the higher price of a Fancy yellow want to see good color.
This might be a case similar to Si2 diamonds. The eye clean ones get snapped up far quicker than the non eye clean stones- which ultimately may trade for lower prices. So, the lightest Fancy Yellows probably will go for lower prices- I have seen many examples of this in the wholesale market.

GiordanoBruno: There certainly are cushions, radiants and other shapes that have dark areas.
I'm not commenting on any stones under discussion here- but certainly such stones do exist.
Again this is not directed at any stones under discussion- but it's also not correct to say with surety any dark area in any given photo is a reflection of the lens.

I also find it kind of assumptive when people make blanket statements about cutter's motivations.
I have seen rough that might be cut to a more yellow shade done in a way that produced more sparkle, less color.
Or more spread, less color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info David! Makes sense.

So wintotty could be looking at a quite a large range of prices even within whatever colour description she chooses.. another good reason to buy the stone not the report!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
GiordanoBruno|1296500933|2838345 said:
WinTotty,

Those "dark areas" you are seeing are a result of the dark camera lens being reflected as it is too close to the diamond. This is a common problem when trying to get magnified images of diamonds.

The unfortunate thing about trying to select a FCD online is that you can't help but be heavily influenced by photography skill, lighting and style of the vendor. Rejecting a diamond and vendor based on "dark areas" in the photograph may just lead you to another vendor who makes the same cut quality of diamonds look better in their photographs.

With FY colored diamonds, the first cutting priority will be for saturation of color, then weight, and lastly sparkle and size of white flashes.

For uniformity and saturation of color you are better off with a radiant or modified cushion cutting style which exhibits mostly small and very small sparkles.
In the age of internet buying, you cannot just trust that a stone is reflecting a camera lens or not. Sorry but if someone wants to try to sell FCD, they need to know how to photograph them properly. I do think the diamonds were not that well cut though, especially since two of the diamonds did NOT have these dark areas and the rest did. Some worse levels than others. I don't believe it is operator error as much as it is just not such good cut of the diamonds. That's why I also said we need more photos.

Some people rely on ASETs and automatically discredit a diamond because it doesn't "look right" in those photos. I do the same with FCDs sold by online vendors. If I dislike how it looks in the photo(s) I won't give it a second glance.

I can't trust that a diamond will look well if they look that bad in a photo. Particularly one of a vendor who is trying very hard to sell the diamond in the first place. Most of those diamonds looked really dark in a really bad way. So I stand by my statement.

Though I see you are new here so welcome. I hope you find the earrings you are looking for in one of your very first posts here.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
wintotty|1296490522|2838183 said:
Oh I see, I didn't know the Tiffany only uses Fancy Yellow an up only, but again you guys are right they usually have their own grading system for white diamonds, so they may do the same to Fancy Colors.

I'm not sure why the Fancy Yellow kind looked blended in, can be the color being the lighter side of Fancy Yellow, or maybe do you think it was because the size is relatively small (.6-.7)so it got overwhelmed by the double halos? If the stone was bigger (close to 1 carat) it might have helped?
I admit I didn't know either until I looked it up. I also didn't realize Tiffany sold a J colored diamond. For some reason I thought a sales person told me I or above. Then again this was the same guy who said they were all FLY, so who knows.

I admit my Tiffany lighting bugs me. It really drains the color in general. I've noticed at least in mine that the yellow golds in particular look very washed out. So who knows what it was that you saw.

Were you able to take it to a window to look at it too? Mostly curious because lighting can change my diamond from a more pale yellow to a very very vibrant yellow. I just wanted to say that so you know that they can change "tint" more so than any colorless diamond I have owned.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Hey Clgwli, do you have any particular yellow diamond you like on line? I just wondered if you have any you are coveting :twisted:

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
clgwli|1296504855|2838407 said:
wintotty|1296490522|2838183 said:

I admit I didn't know either until I looked it up. I also didn't realize Tiffany sold a J colored diamond. For some reason I thought a sales person told me I or above. Then again this was the same guy who said they were all FLY, so who knows.

I admit my Tiffany lighting bugs me. It really drains the color in general. I've noticed at least in mine that the yellow golds in particular look very washed out. So who knows what it was that you saw.

Were you able to take it to a window to look at it too? Mostly curious because lighting can change my diamond from a more pale yellow to a very very vibrant yellow. I just wanted to say that so you know that they can change "tint" more so than any colorless diamond I have owned.

No, I just saw the rings inside of the store. I didn't take them near the window or outside....I should have, huh?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't try to take them outside or that great big guard by the door might tackle you! :o

Gosh, I didn't know Tiffany sold J color, either. It was I and higher the last I knew.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296526370|2838841 said:
Don't try to take them outside or that great big guard by the door might tackle you! :o

Gosh, I didn't know Tiffany sold J color, either. It was I and higher the last I knew.

Me too. I've never seen a J at Tiffany. Fascinating, truly. They must be taking hard hits.

Someone posted a price on a Cartier ring a couple days ago and it was really a reasonable price. And the best advice to give them was to get the Cartier ring. Wonder if Cartier has lowered their prices in the face of the economy... and if they've lowered their color and clarity too.

I found a really pretty yellow pear the other day and thought of you... don't know if you would like a pear but it was lovely and so I thought I'd post it for you... http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/4372.htm

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looked on Tiffany site and it is saying they only sell I and higher.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296527764|2838869 said:
But from the link I posted with the yellow it says "J" Here's a screen capture attached to the post. I don't know which is right since I swore I heard "I" before as well.

Gypsy that is interesting about Cartier. I don't have a full store near me to check out, but I should check out their website to see if they list any costs. Not that I am buying anytime soon since I've bought too much lately LOL

Diamondseeker I love your visual there with the guards in the front. Though ours is usually kind of wussy looking but very polite.

Wintotty our Tiffany has windows by the more expensive stuff so I was thinking that maybe others would let you take it to the window.

As for a favorite stone? Let me look quickly. There were some I saw recently that I just went gaga for. Though I think they were smaller than 3/4 carat.

tiffanycolors.JPG

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Here are two from the same parcel from what I descriptions say
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-54ct-radiant-cut-fancy-yellow-vs2-gia-stunning-stone-r3809
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-59ct-cushion-cut-fancy-yellow-vs2-gia-perfect-shape-r3790

I love the cut on this one even though it is more vibrant in color than what I usually am drawn to.
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-73ct-cushion-cut-fancy-intense-yellow-si1-gia-vibrant-r3708

And this one
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-119ct-radiant-cut-w-x-natural-light-yellow-si1-gia-great-bargain-r3662
It's listed as a W-X but it looks so much deeper to me.

And my total dream stone
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-202ct-fancy-yellow-emerald-asscher-cut--r3484
*sigh*

These are just the yellow favorites of mine too. I know all from DBL, but I have three purchases from them now and couldn't be happier so I spend a lot of time there day dreaming. In fact tomorrow I should try to remember to do a SMTB thread on the diamond hoops I got a few weeks ago (my camera didn't have a way to charge until recently)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love the first. BEST cushiony diamond posted in this thread IMO. And I don't think it's too intense I think it's just right.

I don't consider the second an asscher. It has a keel. To me it's an EC. Lovely, but an EC.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
clgwli|1296529021|2838900 said:
Here are two from the same parcel from what I descriptions say
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-54ct-radiant-cut-fancy-yellow-vs2-gia-stunning-stone-r3809
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-59ct-cushion-cut-fancy-yellow-vs2-gia-perfect-shape-r3790

I love the cut on this one even though it is more vibrant in color than what I usually am drawn to.
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-73ct-cushion-cut-fancy-intense-yellow-si1-gia-vibrant-r3708

And this one
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-119ct-radiant-cut-w-x-natural-light-yellow-si1-gia-great-bargain-r3662
It's listed as a W-X but it looks so much deeper to me.

And my total dream stone
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-202ct-fancy-yellow-emerald-asscher-cut--r3484
*sigh*

These are just the yellow favorites of mine too. I know all from DBL, but I have three purchases from them now and couldn't be happier so I spend a lot of time there day dreaming. In fact tomorrow I should try to remember to do a SMTB thread on the diamond hoops I got a few weeks ago (my camera didn't have a way to charge until recently)

These are pretty! Actually 3rd one is one of the stones David suggested, because I wanted to see the intense yellow colors. 1st and 2nd are too small for my project....too bad.

So right now I'm kind of choosing between Bigger FLY or Smaller FY/FIY. When I say bigger, it is about 1ct, and smaller is around .75.

Other thing to consider is, I don't want this Yellow diamond ring to compete with my ER. If I go bigger on the center stone with double halo, it may overpower my ER, which I don't want to happen :devil:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
clgwli|1296528436|2838886 said:
diamondseeker2006|1296527764|2838869 said:
But from the link I posted with the yellow it says "J" Here's a screen capture attached to the post. I don't know which is right since I swore I heard "I" before as well.

Gypsy that is interesting about Cartier. I don't have a full store near me to check out, but I should check out their website to see if they list any costs. Not that I am buying anytime soon since I've bought too much lately LOL

Diamondseeker I love your visual there with the guards in the front. Though ours is usually kind of wussy looking but very polite.

Wintotty our Tiffany has windows by the more expensive stuff so I was thinking that maybe others would let you take it to the window.

As for a favorite stone? Let me look quickly. There were some I saw recently that I just went gaga for. Though I think they were smaller than 3/4 carat.

Well, their site is messed up, then! Just so you don't think I am nuts.... I can't do a screen shot, but if you go to Engagement, then Tiffany Diamonds-4 C's, and then click Color, it says this:

A diamond’s color grade is a key quality evaluation, but often
misleading. This is because the ideal engagement diamond is
characterized by a lack of color. That is to say, it is clear to the
point of being colorless or nearly colorless.

The colored tinting found in most diamonds is caused by minute
impurities within the stone. The untrained eye is incapable of
making the color evaluations that can affect the value of a stone
by thousands of dollars.

At the Tiffany Gemological Laboratory, the color of each
diamond is determined by comparing it to authenticated “master
diamonds.” Each stone is then color-graded to a precise scale
from “D” (colorless) to “Z” (saturated).

Then click this for the statement about I color:
http://www.tiffany.com/local/en-US/images/diamond/photo/brilliance_color.gif

Anyway, this has been an educational thread about yellow diamonds! Makes me think I may put that on my wish list!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Wintotty I totally understand about the size thing. I got the feeling from your posts that the first two would be too small. I actually wasn't sure if the last cushion I posted would be the right size or not. I soooo love that stone which is odd for me since I am normally drawn to lighter colors. We have a lot of ice here today so we'll be indoors. I'll have to search around to see if I find anything else I love that would be in your criteria.

Gypsy I have no idea what to call that last diamond since GIA calls it a square cut emerald - which usually translates to generic asscher, but like you I think it has more characteristics of an emerald. But it isn't quite an emerald either if that makes sense. It's a really cool stone no matter what the heck you want to call it. I think I do like it because it isn't quite one thing or another.

That oval is nice too. And I am not usually a fan of ovals which says something.

Diamondseeker, I didn't think you were nuts. I swore I heard the "I" color as well. Who knows what the heck is up with their site and what they really offer in terms of color. I think it is nuts that they have conflicting information on their site. Maybe someone should tell them :mrgreen:

I admit I love this thread because I do love yellow diamonds and have always. I am so happy that others appreciate them too!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
So looking some more... I did look at fancydiamonds.net and unfortunately the two stones I like there are reserved. The rest aren't in the right size range or shape. Oddly enough they had a ton of rounds.

The last two I liked and I don't know your budget so if I am off I'm sorry

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-89ct-cushion-cut-fancy-intense-yellow-vs2-gia-great-cut-r3710
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-74ct-cushion-cut-fancy-intense-yellow-vs2-gia-wow-r3588

Oddly with cushions I seem to be more drawn to the ones that have a mix of crushed ice and some broader flashes. But radiants I prefer more even crushed ice. So these obviously are my preference in type. I also like them more square.

So something like this
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-83ct-cushion-cut-fancy-yellow-vs2-gia-beautiful-cut-r3587
is fine, but just not my personal style. Just like I said ovals aren't my usual style. I can totally appreciate them though :)

What type do you seem to like best?

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
clgwli|1296567954|2839210 said:
So looking some more... I did look at fancydiamonds.net and unfortunately the two stones I like there are reserved. The rest aren't in the right size range or shape. Oddly enough they had a ton of rounds.

The last two I liked and I don't know your budget so if I am off I'm sorry

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-89ct-cushion-cut-fancy-intense-yellow-vs2-gia-great-cut-r3710
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-74ct-cushion-cut-fancy-intense-yellow-vs2-gia-wow-r3588

Oddly with cushions I seem to be more drawn to the ones that have a mix of crushed ice and some broader flashes. But radiants I prefer more even crushed ice. So these obviously are my preference in type. I also like them more square.

So something like this
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-83ct-cushion-cut-fancy-yellow-vs2-gia-beautiful-cut-r3587
is fine, but just not my personal style. Just like I said ovals aren't my usual style. I can totally appreciate them though :)

What type do you seem to like best?

.89 & .74 were the one of the stones I really like too! David is supposed to send me the pictures of the stones on his hand, so I can see the color differences b/w FLY and FIY. I browsed through the colored diamonds thread here and I still really like the FLY better than FIY, but I couldn't find any rings with white double halos so that makes difficult for me to judge which color I should go with??

Yellow diamonds Tiffany had all seem to have the crushed ice look even though their stones are modified cushions. SA said they cut the stones differently for the yellow diamonds so it is different from white cushions they have. I like the chunky cushions when it comes to white diamonds ( My ER is AVC!), but for some reason I like cushed ice look in Yellow diamonds, but I'm with you, the stones that has both crush ice & broader flashes are the prettiest!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1296536813|2838995 said:
http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/2714.htm pretty.

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/3845.htm I like ovals. And this one is YUMMY!

They are both very pretty and has great colors! Price is a little too high for me and unfortunately I came to the conclusion it has to be cushion shape to achieve the look I want.... :))

But in the future, I def want to get a pear or oval yellow diamonds for a pendant or something.....I especially love the yellow diamond pear, it is so yummy.....

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I have a feeling we have similar tastes in stones then. Though for some reason I like real vintage diamonds over the AVC, but the big broad flashes in cushions really appeals to me in colorless.

In yellow though, I love either crushed ice totally or a mix of the crushed with the chunky. Just looks the best to my eyes. I have my eye though on this brownish orangish cushion that is older cut with total chunky look to it. So once in a while I go against the norm LOL

If you get pictures from David soon (hopefully the ice we have here isn't hitting them eventually) be sure to post. I'd love to see the differences.

I might lurk around since it is a slow day today to see if I can find some good FLY with even just a single colorless diamond halo to see what it looks like. I know it wouldn't be double, but it should give an idea if I can find some.

I so love this thread. It's great to talk colored diamonds with those who love them too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WinTotty,

Hello again Giordan,

Are you in the diamond industry out of interest? You seem to have such a huge knowledge of cushions especially, or are cushion diamonds just your hobby?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the .89 and .74 stones a lot, but they are around 5mm which is close to what a half carat round measures. I have a stone here right now that is 5.3mm round, and I am going to have to tell you honestly that I think it is much too small for a halo ring compared to your e-ring diamond. I honestly think you need to be closer to 5.5-6mm minimum for it to look right. I think a double halo is going to overwhelm a 5mm stone. Did you get the actual mm measurements of the center stones you saw at Tiffany's? Because face-up diameter is really more meaningful when searching for size with anything besides a round, in my opinion. Square cuts and cushions have extra weight in their depth.

Here's a chart that can help you visualize sizes better.
http://www.gemnation.com/images/actual-diamond-size-comparison.pdf

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296574760|2839355 said:
I like the .89 and .74 stones a lot, but they are around 5mm which is close to what a half carat round measures. I have a stone here right now that is 5.3mm round, and I am going to have to tell you honestly that I think it is much too small for a halo ring compared to your e-ring diamond. I honestly think you need to be closer to 5.5-6mm minimum for it to look right. I think a double halo is going to overwhelm a 5mm stone. Did you get the actual mm measurements of the center stones you saw at Tiffany's? Because face-up diameter is really more meaningful when searching for size with anything besides a round, in my opinion. Square cuts and cushions have extra weight in their depth.

Here's a chart that can help you visualize sizes better.
http://www.gemnation.com/images/actual-diamond-size-comparison.pdf
I've seen a 1/2 carat round in a double halo and loved it. So I think these would be a good size. Honestly if you get too big then I think the ring begins to overwhelm a hand, but I also have small fingers so I am biased towards smaller stones.

Though getting a good idea of the measurements of what was seen in Tiffany would be wise before deciding for sure. Or at least getting the estimated depth. That way you can compare to make sure they don't' cut their diamonds too shallow which would make them seem larger.

I haven't had much luck finding FLY with a colorless halo. I'll look more but not a lot of places that sell colored diamonds also sell them set. I'll keep looking but I found this one

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/halo-diamond-ring-70-fancy-light-yellow-radiant-in-split-shank-halo-ring-r3161

ETA: I've found Y-Z set in halos if you are interested. One of my favorites was an E-W oval seet by Leon Mege
http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/modern_and_estate_jewelry_page_2

GiordanoBruno

Rough_Rock
Lorelei said:
WinTotty,

Hello again Giordan,

Are you in the diamond industry out of interest? You seem to have such a huge knowledge of cushions especially, or are cushion diamonds just your hobby?

Lorelei,

Thank-you for your interest. I am a hobbyist and have spent a fair amount of time talking to some of the PS vendors and other trade members.

I believe that this thread is about helping Wintotty and I don't feel it appropriate to answer questions unrelated to her search here.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Diamonseeker,

The size is another concern of making this ring. I def don't want to go under .7. But again like you said some .7 has bigger spread than others. I "think" .7 I saw at the Tiffany has smaller spread............still the ring looked pretty, I happened to compare it with .95 FIY so that made .7 look kind of blur.

Anyway my sweet spot is .8-.9 I think... because when I tried on .9, the whole ring looked as big as my AVC and it kind of looked competing with each other...

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
clgwli|1296579342|2839436 said:
I've seen a 1/2 carat round in a double halo and loved it. So I think these would be a good size. Honestly if you get too big then I think the ring begins to overwhelm a hand, but I also have small fingers so I am biased towards smaller stones.

Though getting a good idea of the measurements of what was seen in Tiffany would be wise before deciding for sure. Or at least getting the estimated depth. That way you can compare to make sure they don't' cut their diamonds too shallow which would make them seem larger.

I haven't had much luck finding FLY with a colorless halo. I'll look more but not a lot of places that sell colored diamonds also sell them set. I'll keep looking but I found this one

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/halo-diamond-ring-70-fancy-light-yellow-radiant-in-split-shank-halo-ring-r3161

ETA: I've found Y-Z set in halos if you are interested. One of my favorites was an E-W oval seet by Leon Mege
http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/modern_and_estate_jewelry_page_2

I really love this ring by DBL

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/je...-cut-fancy-yellow-vs1-gia-a-rare-beauty-r3695

That Oval is my favorite, too. I considered purchasing it, but the ring size is too small and they won't be able to adjust the ring size that big (and of course this ring will overwhelm my ER)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results