shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th July till 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all! I''m down another pound, five to go, so the Scale Gods were appeased by my sacrifices.

Thank you for your support (especially Phoenixgirl) about the incomplete workout -- it''s that perfectionist in me. I want to be able to do the routine correctly the first time, ya know? Of course, once I tell myself that I would never expect that of anyone else, I shake it off. My DH was laughing in the next room when I was doing the tape because, as he reported later, he would hear a *ping* followed by *&^#...which was what happened when the exercise band would snapped out from under me, and my subsequent eloquent response. Yoga Booty Potty Mouth.

I heard weird noises from my fridge yesterday. I went to investigate and I''ll be darned if the small blob of sugar cookie dough left over from last week wasn''t talking to me. "Enjoy me! I''m so delicious!" So, yes, I ate a very small bit of cookie dough (You know you do it...at least some of you!). I''m still alive and down a pound, so no harm no foul. I will ignore it if it talks to me again. Bad, linguistically-giftefd sugar cookie dough!

So today is my workout free day. I''m going into my new job at 3:15 for a meeting, which means I get to drive back into the heart of the city at the peak of rush hour. I am so not happy about that. I''d take the train, but the timing is off in terms of getting there for the meeting. Then we''re off to hear a concert in the park. We''re going to stop and pick something up for a picnic dinner in the park.

Danielle, I hope the headache is better. No fun. Congrats on the 2 pounds! Fun!

Rod, green tea yogurt sounds heavenly. I am a big fan of the totally caloric green tea frapp at Starbucks. If that is anything similar, you are lucky!

Skippy - yea on excersicing again!

Enjoy your day, folks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning
35.gif

Yay, for running Mara! Glad you like the new coworker. How was your night w/the other dog?

Kimberly, glad the play and dinner was wonderful!

Danielle, sorry about the blisters. Has anyon tried the socks that claim no blisters at REI???? No lights yet. Thanks for asking. I went to 2 places yesterday but I can't find the lights I want, oh well.

ETA: JAS, your cookie dough story was funny. hehe Enjoy your day off and yay for the weight lose total of 5lbs.
9.gif

Yesterday I went out to eat twice! I ate w/hubby and ate a chicken breast sandwich and salad and for dinner I met a friend and had a light pasta w/lots of broccoli. I was happy I chose some healthy items, instead of going for the fries or cream sauces. Plus it helped thinking of the 3 lbs lost. hehehe

Happy Hump Day friends
41.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m MIA for a few days because I''m SO swamped. The good news is I''m at a new low weight, down 23 lbs. The bad news is it''s because (a) my muscles are slowly turning to jelly and (b) I''m too busy to eat!!!

Will check in more later!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2007 10:42:51 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I''m MIA for a few days because I''m SO swamped. The good news is I''m at a new low weight, down 23 lbs. The bad news is it''s because (a) my muscles are slowly turning to jelly and (b) I''m too busy to eat!!!

Will check in more later!
Missed you Dee! I am taking a few days off from working out as my bones ache
7.gif
, I wonder if I will get any thinner from the break??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning wwt'ers! somehow we survived the night with the other dog...he's such a high energy personality which is so different from portia so half the night was spent in that odd half-awareness, half-sleep state for me...he heard noises outside a few times and decided to go into full barkoff mode...which of course freaks us majorly out like whats going on. and once some dumbass put fireworks off outside (seriously the first time we have heard them since the 4th, great timing) and he HATES fireworks and was all freaked out so he was going crazy for a few minutes. then he wanted to burrow under the covers and sleep against my body, which makes me feel really uncomfortable because then i don't want to move...and a few times he would jump off, shake, and crawl under the bed etc. just a general restless night. it makes me so appreciative of portia for sure hahaha...she is the world's biggest slug at night and just kind of eyeballs us from the bed in the mornings as we get up and move around without moving a muscle, whereas elliott jumps off when you get up (even to just go to the bathroom) and then follows you and sits outside etc. so high maintenance!

so anyway we survived with a fair amount of sleep which is good, but it's also a workout day off which is good because (a) i'm pretty sore (b) i didn't get enough sleep and (c) well i really don't have a c but i wish i did. hehee. lets just say i need a break from working out hehee

thanks for the kudos on the running. honestly i am soo not a fan of running in that i don't feel fabulous when i do it and i know how hard it is on your joints in general (and organs for women), BUT i did like the whole 'packing 6.5 miles into less than an hour and a half' for sure, so much more time effective. and downhill running was definitely way more fun than uphill or flat surface hehe. i went past a woman at some point and asked her the time and realized when she told me that i had done about 5+ miles in an hour which was pretty fast. i was running pretty fast i guess because most of the run was downhill, but i also am a fast hiker up the hills as i am pretty conditioned now but i was pretty surprised to see such a good time overall. if my sister and i can run/walk the 10k in about 1 hour 20 minutes i'd be jazzed. greg will most likely do it in about 50ish minutes, and my dad is doing the 1/2 marathon which will probably take him about an hour and a half. he does like a 7m mile i believe. anyway like greg pointed out, the running most likely got my heart rate higher than it would have been if i had just walked/climbed and also i thought the intervals of running, walking, climbing were probably a good change for my body and kind of taking it to the 'next level'. i feel it today a bit in my legs for sure. time for a break.

anyhow, just had breakfast which was kashi, maple clusters, and blueberries with almond milk. 2 egg whites with salt and pepper and coffee. finished a call and now off to get ready and then drop portia off at daycare and elliott off at his mom's house (hopefully traffic is not bad, it's like 15 min from here without traffic, ugh!) and start my day!! i plan to hit TJ's after work and get some fresh fruit and maybe some pizzas for tonite, we'll see. hope everyone is having a wonderful wednesday, after this just 2 more days to another weekend, woo hoo.

congrats to everyone who is doing so well and continuing to lose the pounds and inches! DJ we miss you and your stories, lady. i am sure your muscles aren't jello quite yet tho.
2.gif

i measured myself today and it's basically the same...27" waist, 33.5" lower waist, 37.5" hips. my arms are like 10" (up from i think 9.5" at their smallest but now they are a bit more toned) and my legs are 20", up from 19.5" at their smallest, but again i am carrying visibly more muscle there than before. so i feel pretty toned and curvy...my boobs came back a bit, not sure if i said that before, but they had shrunk down at least an entire size if not a bit more and now they are more like full b's so that is good. i haven't weighed myself in almost 2 weeks now and it feels so good honestly. i know how my clothes are fitting, and i can fit in some of my 'smallest' clothes again (but some might just be out of reach since i bought them when i was absolutely at my smallest and not carrying as much muscle) but quite frankly i am totally happy here as long as i can continue to tone up and burn a bit more fat. i definitely see more definition which i love.

it's so funny because our new coworker is this tall thin willowy kind of girl, she has a 2 year old boy and i swear i have no idea how she managed to birth anything through those narrow hips of hers. she was telling me that the whole birthing hip thing is deceiving...hehee. she is about 1/2 inch shorter than me but looks so tall because she is so thin, literally. and she says she has a mega sweet tooth. i am like gosh can we get someone on our team who actually has to work at being fit and thin besides me? hehee. i feel like i am constantly surrounded by these naturally thin women, my other coworker who has the worlds biggest sweet tooth (i think she literally had donuts for dinner the other night) is like a rail, but she is asian so she has that tiny bone structure and natural smallness in her shape. and my boss is really tiny too. oh well, at least this gal is my height so i don't feel like a giant anymore. i do love my team though, everyone is such 'good people' and i am very happy there, so the fact they are all small and naturally thin shouldn't be held against them too much right? hee hee.
3.gif

happy day all.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, congrats on your progress. Changing your lifestyle is as much a mental adaptation as it is physical, so you''re definitely on the right track. I KNOW your hard work is going to pay off.
PG - kudos on the extended walk - that''s fabulous!
Mrs. S. - yay for enjoying the time with the kids. Pool time can be a tremendous excursion, so I''m sure it will be a great substitute for your workouts.
Rod - so sorry to hear dinner was such a disappointment! I HATE when that happens....especially now because going out is such a treat, so I really look forward to it when we do.
Kimberly - OMG, I want what YOU had for dinner! That sounded totally yummy, and glad the play was so enjoyable too.
Mon, sorry about the continued blister problems, but congrats on the dedication and commitment. YAY for you! How''s the job front going, by the way? Did I miss an update?
Ellen, enjoy the trip! We''ll miss ya!
Marcy - I feel your pain with the knife injury. Rich STILL scowls when I pull out my mandoline. I bought one (a lesser version) a few years ago, and it didn''t take me even 15 minutes to slice one of my fingers with it and resulted in a trip to the ER the night before Easter. I hadn''t had one before, so I didn''t realize the guard thing was fairly cheap and ineffective. After that, I bought a really good one with L O N G metal tines so the food doesn''t slip, but since then, Rich views any mandoline as a potential threat to me! LOL I''m MAJORLY klutzy, too, so I can totally relate.
26.gif

Mara , sorry to hear of the restless night with Elliott. Kudos to you for keeping him there for his benefit even though you knew it would result in sacrifice on your part. Makes you appreciate even more what you have in Portia being so laid back!
Danielle - yay for your new personal best!
Jas - LOL on the fridge noises! I hate those!
Skippy, good for your healthy choices eating out!
DeeJay, YAY for your new low! Hang in there, gal....the hiatus won''t last forever!
Lorelei - sorry to hear about the aches; hopefully a few days'' rest will repair that.

Well, I have to say that I''ve been splurging a bit on vacation. I took a leisurely ride to the seacoast yesterday; got in a nice walk beachside but decided to indulge in getting fried clams while I was there. Growing up in New England, those really feel like a summer treat to me. I haven''t had anything fried in SO long. I did, though, eat them VERY slowly, so I was able to savor them, and it made me fill up much more quickly. Only ended up eating about half of them and threw away the rest (no bringing things home for me anymore).

Last night, Rich and I went out to play pool, which was so nice. That''s how we ended up getting to know each other to begin with, so it was really special to do that the evening before our anniversary. We haven''t been in ages, so it was a nice treat. One of the reasons we don''t go much anymore is the SMOKE - UGH. We REEKED when we came home and couldn''t wait to hit the shower afterwards. Hard to imagine we both used to smoke when we met--it''s been 4.5 years since we quit.

Today is our wedding anniversary, so we''re going for a special dinner at the Melting Pot. They just opened in this area within the past 6 mos or so, and we''ve not yet had an opportunity to go. I''ve been there in TX with Mara, and it was yummy, so we''re definitely looking forward to it. I''ll definitely have to get an EXTENDED walk in this afternoon, though! LOL

Have a good wednesday, all!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

Didn''t have time today to read through everyone''s replies though I did see some very nice reponses to my ''foodie'' comments.

I went back to oatmeal this morning-- the egg whites, while REALLY good, did not tide me over very well and I ate more than I would have liked to at lunch, as I ended taking a later lunch than expected. Still and all we had Costco chicken (I had the breast) chopped into a nice spinach salad for dinner so it all balanced out. Especially since the egg white scramble had less calories than my morning oatmeal.

I had the strangest hot flash right during breakfast though, I was sweating and BROILING and suffocating for about a 1/2 hour, then REALLY sleepy when it started to break. Which was really weird. But I''m on so many new medications recently I have no idea if it''s a reaction to one, and interaction, or an adjustment. Definitely going to keep an eye on that though cause it was not good. I was just REALLY happy that my morning meetings were moved out to the afternoon else I would have been useless against the other side''s VERY sharp attny.

I am meeting at lunch with an attorney I worked against in a negotiation who has his own ''firm'' type thing that specializes in contract negotiation and drafting. I am hoping to be able to start working with him on the side of my regular job so that I can have some more exposure to different types of contracts and negotiations, as well as some extra $$ since my company has announced shutdowns. SO I am a little nervous about that. I REALLY want this to happen.

We are having luch at a place that has fish so I''m hoping that I can just get some grilled fish and a salad for lunch and keep things really light.

Okay well, I''m babbling nervously. I''ll post again after lunch hopefully!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve missed so much the last few days . . .

Peachy--That''s very curious about your pain from drinking protein shakes. BF is seriosly lactose intolerant but he drink about two protein shakes a day, I''ll get the brand from him for you. I''m sure it''s a soy protein shake, though, not whey.

Joolskie--Welcome and congrats on your progress!

Neatfreak--I bet you''re just gaining muscle, especially if you generally lose fat weight easily, it''s likely that your body functions well and also gains muscle easily. The scale means very little when you''re working out hard with weights. How do you look? How do you feel? If your answer is great, then don''t worry about that silly scale!

jas--Congrats on the weight loss, your video sounds hysterical, the title alone is enough to make me love it.

Lorelei--Boo on the pant-y weather. I am fond of the expression, though.

Monarch & jas--We had tickets to the Police concert but gave them up last minute because BF''s father landed in the hospital. I''m glad to hear it was good, I''m so jealous! How was the sound? I was excited to see how a concert worked at Wrigley. Good luck on the job search, Monarch. We saw a great Police tribute band at Summerfest a couple years ago, if I can remember the name I''ll post it because they frequently play Chicago.

Gypsy--Congrats on the dieting success, and definitely get yourself in a workout routing! Wasn''t it someone on here who said they don''t think of it as "working out" but as "burning some fat" or "building some muscle"? Think of it that way and it''s much easier to get going.

Alj--I love it when I can get into my skinny jeans, enjoy!

Phoenixgirl--I hear ya on not knowing how you have time to keep up with everything. I actually saw two of my students at the gym last week, mortifying. At least we have our summers, even though they aren''t nearly enough respite.

Rod--Just think of how nice it will be when you get your car! Patience is hard when you''re not prone to it, I totally understand. Gook luck with your upcoming health checks, I hope you come out clean as a whistle!

Mara--All of your yummy meals have inspired me to start preparing some myself. I''m a newbie in the kitchen when it comes to anything other than pasta and chicken breasts, but I''m proud to say I spent several hundred dollars at the grocery buying staples and things to prepare this week. I''ll report back once I actually start using it all!

Danielle--I''m sorry to hear about your sinus headache--I used to get them frequently until I quit drinking coffee three years ago. I haven''t had a headache since, actually. Good luck this Saturday!

MrsS--Have fun on your vacation!

Okay, so I''m in the middle of week 2 of this Body for Life plan and I''ve been so good! I had grad school from 8AM to 4PM yesterday, and then a curriculum meeting at work from 4:30 to 8, so I woke up at 6 AM to get a run in. It felt so good, I don''t think I''ve gone for a morning run since college because I have to be at work so early during the school year that I have to leave the house at 6:30. I felt so good the rest of the day, though, that I''m going to try to do my cardio workouts in the AM from now on.

I''ve been really good with the diet, I did cheat a teeny tiny bit at last night''s meeting--a new teacher brought in sandwiches and salad, and I had a third of a sandwich. It definitely wasn''t on my eating plan, but it was yummy, and I''m not going to feel guilty, damnit.

Three of my friends have also jumped on the Body for Life bandwagon since I''ve started, so my little workout group has grown from two to five! It''s really fun working out together, and my friends are all teachers, so we have the summer to fit our workouts in easily.

I feel so good after just a short time of eating well and working out regularly, I can''t believe I''ve waited so long. I haven''t weighed myself since day one, nor have I taken any new body fat measurements, I think I''ll do all that after a month on the plan.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just popping in quickly before we''re off to swim at a friends. they have a pond and said to bring zoe along so she can swim too. I don''t have time to reply to everyone right now but did want to say:

Happy Anniversary to Aljdewey
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary to Aljdewey!
emotion-19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary to Aljdewey and Rich
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats and have a wonderful day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good for you skippy on eating out healthily!!! happy anniversary my sista bud Alj (and Rich!)...have SO MUCH FUN tonite at MP...mmmmm. Tasty.

haven good for you for getting other friends involved in your workouts! gypsy, i love egg whites for breakfast but i need to have more than just that to tide me over. so i do scrambled egg whites along with high protein and fiber cereal with berries as well. egg whites are only like 25 cals per egg so in reality it''s hardly any food at all if you ONLY do that.

so i think i mentioned these Celsius ''negative burning'' drinks last week...i have tried a bunch of diff flavors and went back to the store today to get them. i really like the cola the best it seems, and today i tried wild berry which was pretty tasty. the only one i have not tried is lemon lime. orange is probably my least fave. ginger ale second fave. wild berry third fave.

so at lunch i went to the store and got some soups and some laughing cow light cheese, wasa crisps, some more celsius, found a slightly lower cal wheat pita so i can make pitawiches etc. for lunch i had progresso turkey noodle soup and a la tortilla factory wheat wrap with garlic hummus, peppered turkey breast, sliced avocado and ff feta. yummy. for snack i have fage, wasa and laughing cow, and a plum fresh from grandma''s garden.

after work i am going to TJ''s to pick up a few goodies and maybe makins for dinner...i am torn between getting their ready made pizzas or trying my hand at a BBQ chicken pizza on flatbread that i can make at home...hmmm decisions decisions. no workout tonite, my muscles are screaming for a break!! though i have already done the stairs 2x today...hehee. no rest for the wicked.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That reminds me, Aldj has got me on the hummus too!
3.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Down another pound to 121! I''ve lost 17 pounds in 18.5 weeks. It''s funny, I thought the weight was coming off in two or three pound spurts at a time, but I think it was really just that I have an old needle scale that only marks every ten pounds, so it would have to move at least two pounds for me to be sure it was a new number. I am really thrilled . . . my goal was 124/125. Now my goal is to keep working out and eating right for the rest of my life and keep my weight where it is until I have children.
1.gif

I really have no idea what my ideal weight is. I still have fat on my body, but that''s a good thing. I know too little body fat will make me lose my period. It''s weird . . . no one thought I was overweight before (well, except for me secretly), but no one thinks I''m underweight now. Yet I''ve lost 12% of my body weight. Last summer was the first time I really didn''t like seeing pictures of myself in skirts and shorts, and I''m much happier with how I look now.

My neighbor is 20 years older than I am but is a former college runner and does yoga for an hour and forty five minutes every day . . . she looks awesome. She had no idea that I''d lost 15+ pounds until I told her, and she even said that that''s weird because she pays attention to people''s bodies. So people not seeming to notice has kind of rained on my parade, but the good thing about my job is that you don''t see people for several months so maybe when fall comes around they will. And of course, what really matters is my health and what DH and I think of my body. But still, I''m like, Hello, I''m 5''4 1/2", it''s hard to hide 17 pounds! Can''t you tell it''s gone?

I''m going out with the coworker who inspired me to work out, so I''ll see if she can tell a difference since she saw me three weeks ago. She was over 200 pounds in college and since then has regularly gone up and done (but nowhere near 200), and I''m pretty sure she just diets and exercises during "lose weight" periods, so I don''t want to rub it in that now I''m crazy fitness junkie. But she''s a good friend so I think she''ll be happy for me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, sorry about your bones aching.
15.gif
I hope you feel better soon!

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your trip Alj!!!!
emcocktl.gif
emrose.gif

Gypsy, I think you are doing fan-tastic girl!!!! Glad you had a good networking lunch!

Haven good job too!

Wow PHXgirl, you lost a lot of weight, awesome!!!!!!!

Dee, you sound like you are doing well besides not exercising. WE miss you!

Mrs. Salvo, I am so jealous of all the fun you are having swimming and getting a good workout in at the same time
2.gif
3.gif

Mara, have fun at TJ's and get some sleep. That doggy sounds naughty, heehee; glad Portia is such a good baby!! Hey, I weight to the grocery store so I could make more muffins
9.gif

It is nice and cool here in the low 90's so I am going for a nice long walk tonight! Great job friends.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Way to go, Phoenix! That''s so awesome! Don''t let anyone rain on your parade!

Oh no for achy bones, Lorelei!

Al, it was a fantastic dinner. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Rich!!

mrssalvo, I hope you''re having a great vacation.

DeeJay, your presence is defintely missed.

Today was so fun at school, we did tricycle, car, stroller (for our kids who can''t walk) races. They had a ball. I''m really struggling with one little guy (a drug baby) who is simply a PITA. He pushed me from behind so hard today that I stumbled forward and scared the kid I was pushing in a stroller and when I turned around to discipline him he hit me. I lost it and yelled at him (a big no no!) and I''m feeling like the devil tonight. These kids need empathy, not anger...he doesn''t know the difference between right and wrong and has no impulse control and my temper sure isn''t modeling it for him.

John made pasta and salad for dinner, it was delicious. I haven''t squeezed in a workout this week, tomorrow!

Have a great evening, all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First I have to say that there are two words I never thought I'd put next to each other, which are "Mara" and "Run!" Careful girl, you might get to like running. I never thought I'd like it either, but I love running. I find it completely liberating and once you pass "the wall" you feel like you could go forever!! Anyway, I had to reread your post as I was like..........."excuse me......Mara did what?????!!!! LOL

Danielle, there is a race every February right in front of our home. I had so planned to run it last year, but we were unfortunately, stuck in Raleigh, but now that we are home and not moving again for sure, I should be able to run the race next year. I don't intend to finish fast or be competitive, I just to run it and enjoy myself.

Happy Anniversary Alj and Rich!! Hope you're having a special time.

Skippy, if I listed all the cars we've bought since 1995, you'd think we should be institutionalized. People think we're crazy and in many ways we are. We could probably have retired with all the money we've thrown at car dealerships, but if we have to have an addiction, at least it's not illegal or bad for our health. I'll end up being 90 and still need to work but the only places that might give me a job would have me saying things like........"Would you like me to Super Size that for you today!!" LOL

Sorry, If I've missed something, but it's been a really long day. Teaching a group of 20 seomethings is a major challenge. My voice is almost horse as I was speaking from 8 this morning, till nearly 5:30 toight. And I get to repeat it for the next two days. At least the day went by faster, but I have a much stronger appreciation for teachers and how hard their jobs really are, even with the best of students.

So, I was so happy to leave and hit the gym. And since I hadn't worked out for two days, I was intent on having a really strong workout to make up for the lost day. And, I didn't sleep well again last night, but I bet I do tonight. I'm a natural born worrier. My mother is a natural born worrier and her mother was a natural born worrier, so when I have things on my mind, like teaching a class, or a health issue, even if I'm tired, I find myself waking up, or not going to sleep in the first place and just not being able to turn off my mind. So, I'm hoping my really strong workout tonight (three hours worth) will be enough to promote a good sleep.

I guess that's about all the news from my side. I hope you all had a really nice day and tomorrow will be even better!!

PS: Kimberly, I was resting in the sauna after my workout and this guy came in and it turns out he recently relocated here from San Diego, so we talked about life in SD for a while. Sounds like a great city, albeit expensive, but a great city none-the-less!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol rod i was waiting for you to comment on my run...hehhee. i definitely have never loved running. i used to run track in high school so i am well versed in it. i ran sprints but training for sprints involved lots of longer distance running and i just never had the lungs for it. i do however have amazing form...haha thanks to the years in track..you just don't forget. but i am heavy footed as well...so not light and spry at all hehe. but yeah i do remember running. and i imagine i might do a bit more of it, esp if i want to keep exploring these trails but don't want to dedicate 2-3 hours each time to do the entire trail kind of thing. plus i just kind of feel like maybe this is the 'next step' for me to take. my breathing was definitely not as labored yesterday as it has been in the past when running but i was pushing my limits for sure.

so today yep i am really sore along my thighs and butt...owie!! even just walking around the building was kind of like ouch...but not a super painful ouch more like a 'hello we are your muscles' ouch. i am sure i will feel much better tomorrow and i will stretch out tonite again as well. but yeah i liked how i felt working out yesterday for sure.

snack today ended up being an amazing truffle from paris (coworker went a week ago!) and 1/2 a pear with a slice of laughing cow light cheese. after work i went to trader joe's and got some new goodies. they were already out of a few things, awww like my chive egg white salad...but i did get shredded bbq chicken breast, fresh blueberries and strawberries, some salad, pizzas for tomorrow night's dinner, tejava, fage, peppered turkey breast, etc. for dinner i decided to make bbq chicken quesadillas which turned out so yummy...its been a while since we made them and i love them. i even took a picture hehee. and i made us salads as well. dessert is going to be a root beer float with diet stewarts rb and the breyers free vanilla...yummy. i'm a little lighter on cals today, should end the day at around 1500ish but that is okay since yesterday was a higher day with the trail mix and all.

tomorrow is a workout day but i am going to do a home workout with the mix of kbox, pilates, muscle resistance etc and give my legs a bit of a rest til another hike on friday.

pg, it's funny you mention that some people don't really see a difference, i would imagine 17 lbs would be a lot on a 5'4" height frame. i lost ~20 lbs originally and i am 5'7" and so many people were telling me i was too thin. so i would imagine 17 lbs looks like even more on you since you are smaller? interesting anyway.

kimberly, i swear you should be nominated for sainthood. do not beat yourself up about getting your temper riled up a bit with the little boy...sounds like you were just at the end of your rope...which is not surprising really...cut yourself a little slack. you have the type of patience that many people probably wish they did, i am horrible with patience and could never do what you do. but it's normal that sometimes you snap a bit.

hope everyone had a great day and is looking fwd to the end of the week nearing closer and closer...can't wait. i just found out that our extended teams are taking a team building trip to las vegas in about a week and a half which i am so excited about. we'll all stay at the venetian, and we'll be there for 3 days. greg and i thought about having him fly up on thurs night and stay til saturday (i'll be there tues-thurs) but then we'd have to take a day off on friday and a week later we are going to palm springs so we thought we probably don't need to be doing more than we can handle a week before we take our anticipated palm springs vacation. it'd be fun to take advantage of being in vegas to have greg come up for 2 days but timing is just too hectic i think. but the trip should be a lot of fun work wise as the team and extended teams are a lot of people in their 20's and 30's with great personalities, some of which have been friends for a few years already. and we have our new team members as well on our own small team so it will be great to bond with them. there will be about 15 of us i imagine total.

so anyway, have a great evening all and alj hope you guys are busy gorging yourselves on chocolate fondue...mmmm.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Phoenix.......I missed the 17 pounds lost in 18.5 weeks!!!! YOU GO PHOENIX!!! I''m truly proud of you and I hope you are proud of you too. You are living proof of something many of us have advised others who wanted to lose a lot of weight very quickly by demonstrating that about a pound/week is the way to go. Anything more wouldn''t have been good health wise, so again, congratulations!!! WOO HOO

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, maybe you're experiencing what happened to me at some point in my Rebuild Rod campaign. I actually never ran. You've read about fat 'ol Rod and he was not fit as a child, a teenager nor an adult, until very recently. But somehow, after working out so hard, I kept having this urge to run. Which I found odd, since I had NEVER run in my life. Imagine my surprise when I just started running and all of the sudden a mile went by, then another, then......well, you get the picture. I guess my point is that maybe we get to the point in our health and fitness where our bodies just need to run?? (Sounds like a question Carrie Bradshaw might have written if Sex and the City was instead called Health and Fitness in the City........LOL)

And with that Rod is going to shut down and try to sleep the whole night through. Night Night!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT''ers.
35.gif

The evil scale gods toyed with me this morning. They sensed my eager anticipation as I stepped on the scale since I was within 3/10 of a pound of being minus 110 pounds yesterday. They said, “Silly Marcy! We’ll teach you a lesson.” What did the scale say? I gained 6/10 of a pound. Aak! I sadly got off the scale, did 3 “hail scale gods” chants and hoped they’d be kinder to me tomorrow.
I ordered a denim jumper that arrived today but it is a little tight across my hips. My husband thought it looked okay, but I probably will wait until I loose a little bit across my hips before I wear it. He’s so sweet - he said “at the rate you’re going it will fit great in a week”. I hope my hips were listening.
Monarch, sorry to hear you got some more blisters. I am sure you’ll reach your goal in time for the wedding and your dress will look great on you.
Mara, I will have to have my husband make some of your turkey burgers. He’ll love them. You did a terrific job on your run. It is amazing to me how some people can eat so much and be so thin. I have a guy working for me that eats a king size snickers every afternoon and is drinking weight gain shakes. He’s as thin as a pole.
Danielle, congratulations on the best time yet on your treadmill race. I hope your hamstring gets better soon.
Skippy and Kimberly, my finger is a lot better today. Thanks.
Kimberly, your dinner sounded marvelous. I am delighted to hear you took it easy this morning. Sorry to hear about the PITA kid. Don’t worry about getting upset with him; sometimes you deserve to vent.
Jas, congratulations for loosing another pound. LOL about the “strange” noise from the refrigerator.
Skippy, good idea to keep focused on the 3 pounds, it sounds like you made great choices for lunch and dinner. Have fun on your walk since it’s a little cooler this evening.
DeeJay, congratulations on weighing in at an all time low. You’ll muscles will be fine!
Lorelei, maybe it’s the “pants” weather making your bones ache. We sure had a storm here tonight. I like to watch lightning but once the rain and small hail started I came inside. I hope you feel less achy soon.
Al, I am glad to hear I’m not the only Klutz. That is too bad you cut yourself so bad you have to go to the emergency room. Happy Anniversary to you and Rich! The melting pot is really neat but it was certainly one of the most expensive meals we’ve ever paid for.
Gypsy, I hope your hot flashes go away. I am always very cold so I always joke around I wish I’d catch them but I hear they are not fun. Good luck with getting some work with the other firm.
Haven, you are doing wonderful on your plan and that is great you have some friends doing it with you. It makes it more fun.
PhoenixGirl, congratulations on loosing another pound! That is awesome. I am sure people who haven’t seen you for awhile will notice. I think when you see someone a lot it’s hard to tell.
Rod, training 20 people must be a real challenge. I am sure you’re a great teacher for them. I hope you sleep well tonight. I do that too where my mind races and I can’t fall asleep. It even works in to my dreams sometimes.
Well, take care and think healthy thoughts.
36.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary AlJ! (And Rich!)

Phoenix, congrats on the 17 lb loss, no small feat, you''re awesome!

Mara, so cool you''ve started running a bit! I have never been a runner, like you didn''t have the lungs for it, but I don''t mind mixing up a bit of jogging with walking once in a while. Good for you, I bet you will really start to notice changes in your body if you keep up with running. Do you have "running" shoes or are you wearing your regular workout shoes? Just curious.

Jas, I forgot to post this earlier--no I didn''t see you at the Police concert...you weren''t wearing your wedding dress! That''s the only way I would''ve recognized you, LOL! It was a really great time, though, I got DH tickets as an early b-day present (it''s next month
emembarrassed.gif
), and he just loved it. I enjoyed it as well, though, Sting is still super hot, hee hee. We were on the 2nd level on the left side of the stage, not fabulous seats but good enough!

Marcy, I was just reading up on how to properly de-pit an avocado, and the article stated to carefully hold the half with the pit in it and then spear the seed/pit with a sharp knife. I was thinking, there is NO way I would be able to do that without injuring myself, I thought about you as I read it, lol!

Gypsy, good for you for keeping up with healthy eating! I''m rooting for ya!

Haven, sorry to hear you had to give up your Police tickets, hope your BF''s dad is doing ok. The sound was great! I''m sure there will be more concerts at Wrigley Field...maybe not until next summer, though. thanks for your good luck wishes on my job search, I need them! I''ll try to find the Police tribute band online if I can, sounds like something DH would like!

DeeJay, hopefully life is not too terribly stressful for you...the weather here has been beautiful today, hasn''t it? I hope you got a chance to enjoy it a bit today or this evening. Congrats on the new lower weight!

Rod, hope you don''t lose your voice...that has happened to me before and it stinks. Glad you got in a workout tonight and hope you sleep well!

Hi Kimberly, Skippy, Danielle, Lorelei, ...whoever else I missed...
35.gif

so, today I had another great day! I had fruit for breakfast, a spicy black bean veggie burger with salsa and a few tortilla chips for lunch, and for dinner I made a great rotini pasta salad with sweet red peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, sweet cherry tomatoes, sliced black olives, and FF lo-cal zesty Italian dressing. DH grilled a couple bratwursts for himself to add to that and I had the pasta salad over a bed of hearts of romaine/shredded carrots salad mix...soo good. It was such a nice night we ended up eating outside on the patio, I love doing that and hope to do so more often.

I didn''t get in a walk today, my heel blisters are a little worse than I thought so I figured I''d let them heal for another day before taking a chance on putting tennies on again. I did work on my arms again which felt great, though, and I did The Firm Yoga again. Also spent a couple hours cleaning and doing laundry, etc., so I''m sure I burned some cals. that way as well.

DH was given tickets to a Nascar race on Sunday by one of his customers (they sponsor Jeff Gordon), so we''re going to do that. I''ve only been to one Nascar race when I lived in Indy (the Brickyard 400) and I just remember it being really redneck, but oh well. We''ll tailgate in the a.m. with a few of DH''s buddies who are Nascar fans and then there is some hospitality tent we can take advantage of and we actually have really great seats for the race so it will be different but still a good time. DH has those scanner thingies so we can listen in to what''s going on in the pits, I think that will be kinda neat...plus it''s supposed to be great weather that day so I plan on getting some more sun!

See you WWT''rs Thursday!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I''m with you. I''d cut myself for sure. Some times my husband just takes the knife away and cuts things up for me so I won''t injure myself. LOL I won''t even use a cheese grater because I always cut myself or tear up my nails. Sorry to hear your blisters are so bad. I hope they get better soon. Have fun at the race this weekend.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the congrats all! My friend definitely noticed and said something before I ever brought it up. I was sure to compliment her too right away.

I know 12% of me is a lot but still people don''t seem to notice. Oh well, right? I went from a 23.3 BMI to a 20.4 BMI. And I went from the 40th percentile of weight for my height and age to 21st percentile, according to this website, who knows if it''s worth anything. I guess the good news is that nobody noticed I was packing a few extra pounds before, right? But then there''s always someone you don''t expect who notices. I just need to remember when that happens to last me through all the people who are like, "Really?" We had dinner with an acquaintance couple of ours a few weeks back and the husband told me I had a "summer glow" and I was like, "yeah, I lost 15 pounds, that''s what it is."

I mean, seriously people. When I was in high school people used to tell me how skinny I was. Then that stopped in college. DH would always tell me I was "cute" but nothing else. So all that 17 pounds did was turn me from hot into cute?

Sorry for the rambling beating of the dead horse . . . it just is a little frustrating to realize that people wouldn''t place what looks different about me without me telling them. I didn''t do any of this for congratulations, but I am a little tired of having to tell people I''ve lost weight to get any. At least DH compliments me all the time. And I''m healthy and look good, so if a "summer glow" or "you look tan" is all people can come up with, I guess the point is that I look good and they can''t figure out why.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PG i seriously wouldn't overthink it...i mean you know you lost 17 lbs right?! obviously you are much smaller, you are wearing smaller clothes so it's not a myth or something you imagined. i would just congratulate yourself on what you have done and forget what anyone else thinks. actually at some point i got a little irritated with people noticing how much smaller i was because i felt like that was all they focused on, and i did it for myself really (and all the cute clothes which looked so much better when i was smaller hahaha)...greg thought i looked fabulous regardless and actually lamented the loss of my curvy body along with the 20 lbs i lost. i also find that everyone has their own idea of what is fit, small, trim, curvy, thin, whatever. as long as you are happy with your new shape, that's what is important.

so i had my rb float for dessert and then just right now before bed i decided to have a bit of extra protein since i had missed out on my fage today. i mixed up a little bit of fage with some caramel pb chocolate pp and some splenda for what greg called 'is that a second dessert?'...hehe. i told him it was a protein dessert. it actually tasted really good, kind of like a lightly flavored chocolate yogurt pudding, and about 60 cals and 10g of protein...hehee.

rod, maybe you are right about our bodies just wanting us to go to the next level...i guess we'll see!! lol about the carrie bradshaw question.

marcy, i am pretty clumsy as well, greg is always afraid i am going to slice off a finger or something when i am working in the kitchen. i won't tell him alj's mandoline story or else i will never keep him from hovering over me hehee.

anyhow we're watching a south park and then it's bedtime, which i am so excited about hahaha. uninterrupted sleep, aahhhhh. nite all!

eta hehe pg i tried that website to see what it said for me and i went from 37th percentile to 14th percentile to now 19-20th percentile for where i am now. hehee.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PhoenixGirl, people probably notice you look different and think you look great but probably don''t know why. Like Mara said the important thing is you know you lost the weight and are happy with your results. You''ve done a terrific job on loosing weight and I am very excited for you.
Mara, it''s nice our husbands worry about us hurting ourselves in the kitchen. I tease my husband that he''s just worried he''ll have to do the dishes. I''m a South Park fan too. Butters is my favorite. Mmm to RB float. I think I''m going to have one this weekend.
PhoenixGirl and Mara, you got me curious. My body mass was 54 now it''s 36. Okay, 36 is awful but it''s certainly a vast improvement over 54. 54 is based on my known highest weight but I think I weighed about 20 pounds more than that at one time. When I get in the 20''s I''ll be so excited!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Thursday all. Yesterday I woke up ravenous because I haven't been sleeping well, so I chowed on some Yogurt Burst Cheerios. For lunch, an Egg Beaters omelet with leftover filling from the spinach-mushroom stuffed chicken we had last night. I threw in a little ricotta for fun. Not bad! I had a sort-of stressful meeting, and because I am just feeling all emotional and a little smug about losing a pound, boy did I make some poor dinner choices. Too much salt, too much fat, a little wine (which my body processes slowly) and I did not drink enough water yesterday, nor did I exercise.

But does my body gently whisper, Hey! Enough! Don't do that too often or the weight will creep back on? No. It kicks and screams a throws a tantrum, giving me back not only the lost pound, but another one on top of it.

I know it's water weight and in a day or two will be gone. My body has never been subtle, but really, this was excessive! I get it, body.

Happy Anniversary Alj!
Marcy -- I think we need to sacrifice something to the scale gods. But your husband's comments are just the sweetest!
Kimberly -- there is nothing wrong with what you did. I am sure that what you thought was "yelling" was not horrible...you just seem to nice to blow up. Often when we get upset in the classroom (and I did it like, once a year), we agonize over it. Then we resolve to do better and we do. However, kids need to learn that there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed. Kids with emotional issues don't always pick up on cues. Your getting upset shows you are human, too. It's ok if it's a super rare occurance. Forgive yourself.
Monarch, I was going to wear my wedding dress to the concert, but didn't want to wear it on the EL. Too squicky. totally want a NASCAR report. Your meals yesterday sound yummy! So sorry about your blisters.
Phoenixgirl -- I'm one of those people who notices people's weight loss and says stuff like, "You look great!" or says nothing at all. Since my feet are usually in my mouth anyway, I usually compliment people for something they get upset about (like telling someone they've lost weight and finding out it's because they haven't eaten in two weeks because they've been devastated because their parakeet ran away with their iguana or something) I'm sure people notice. My DH, on the other hand, just last night told a friend we hadn't seen that she looked like she was expecting (she'd put on about 20 pounds). Thank goodness she IS expecting...I schooled him later on how to tread a little more lightly with that subject! He was just so excited for her and kept patting his own tummy. Sorry to digress.

Okey dokey, I am going to drink all my water today, eat in a way that won't traumatize my system, work out, and know that *strikes dramatic Scarlett O'Hara pose* tomorrow is another day.

Later all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moring all!

I went walking 4 miles last night. I am sore today so I decided today is my day off. I am meeting a friend for lunch so I want to pick a healthy place for us.

Jas, your posts are so funny!!!!

Marcy, that 6/10th of a lb maybe water retention.

Monnie, yay for nascar on Sunday! Hope your blisters heal. I think someone recommended the band aide blister band aides. I bought them but don't have any blisters right now. Too bad I can't pass them to you through the computer
4.gif

Mara, hope you had a better nights sleep!

Happy Thursday
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara and Jas for the encouraging words. I had a hard time sleeping last night becausee I feel so horrible. The boy won''t even remember it today but it was definitely a lesson learned for me.

Weigh in is almost exactly the same as last week, I still haven''t gotten out the tape measure.

Today is the last workday of the week for me, tomorrow is going to be all about school as I finish up the class I''ve doubled up on on Monday...HOORAY!

Have a great day all!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI everyone. Thanks so much for the encouraging words.

Today is just ... I want to run back home and get under the covers while pulling them over my head.

My boss is on a serious witch witha B kick. Not toward me... but toward the job in general. Keeps saying she''s fed up and wants the VP to fire her. The VP pulled me in for a new project this morning that has to be done ASAP. So I get to tell my sunny boss that I can''t meet the deadline for the project SHE asigned me two days ago. I have a meeting with a supplier VP from H E L L -- I''m actually going to take a full Clonopin before meeting with her (we call her El Diablo) becuase she has ACTIVELY been trying to provoke unprofessional behavoir from everyone (myself included) here in order make a case against us to her CEO... because we''ve been complaining about HER unprofessionalism to her CEO and have repeated aske for a different VP to be assigned to our account. SO she''s ticked off and out for blood. Then I have a meeting with a delusional vendor whose delusions I need to shatter... AND I get to go to the doctor today at 5:30. AND meet my mother for dinner.

Some just shoot me now. Or give me chocolate interveiniously for the next 10 hours.

Does frustration cause weight loss? *bangs head against keyboard*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results