shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th July till 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Rod, you are too kind! You and Charlie are fantastic as well, 27 years seems like a lifetime to me right now as our one year anniversary approaches!

Marcy, John''s not looking for a job, he owns his own business the man who offered him the jobs (this is the third offer in the last 4 months) is someone J has done some business with; the man is really impressed with John''s abilities and business sense and so he is trying to recruit him. It''s quite flattering, which is awesome, it just tugs at me because we''d already decided to stay in SD.

Today we have play tickets, I''m so excited! We haven''t been out together on a date in over a week, which is rare for us, so this should be fun.

Have a great day all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yah, last week I was sad because I didn't lose weight but today I stepped on the scale and lost 3 lbs!! Yah!
9.gif

I have a chore to do today and I am not looking forward to! I have to find 3 pendant lights to hang over our bar in the kitchen. Hubby bought some ugly yellow ones a year ago and he keeps threatening to hang them if I don't find some. I am stuck! I have been stuck for a year but I don't want yellow ones.
14.gif
I am crossing my fingers that I find today.

Kimberly I am starting a Who's Who for you in a couple of days!! I want to know more and not just because you did one for me. You are such a sweet and fun person w/a good heart.

Marcy I like the M&M story.

Rod, like love the color (my favorite color btw). hehehe

Happy Tues Everyone!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
wow, so many posts, it''s hard to keep up! and so much talk about donuts in what is supposed to be a healthy thread!

alj, congrats on the skinny jeans!

jas, can you please post your strawberry rhubarb yogurt recipe in the healthy recipes thread? sounds yummy!

skippy, i kayak in a river that winds all the way through town. there are several canoe liveries where you can rent boats, and you can even paddle from one livery to another and they''ll drive you back to where you started. pretty cool!

last night i made a tofu veggie stir fry for dinner then bought kayaking gloves. i got a little carried away with the slow churned last night..it''s TTOTM, which makes me want to eat like a mad woman! i had about 2.5 servings, but was still in my calorie range for the day, so i''m not too worried about it.

today i had the last of the oatmeal pancakes for breakfast, and brought a hummus and spinach wrap and broccoli slaw for lunch. clif z bar as a snack before i hit the elliptical, and leftover stirfry with brown rice for dinner. hopefully i can limit my ice cream intake tonight!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!! i don't know why i feel so chipper as it's only tuesday but whatever. my boss is out of town til friday and we have a new contractor starting today that is going to be a huge help with some of my projects so at least there's some excitement. hehee.

i am really not looking fwd to tonite though because my friend is out of town on a surprise biz trip and asked us to watch her dog for her, we love having him over but he's on a totally different schedule than portia so we don't like having him overnight when it's not a weekend...because it's too disruptive to our schedules. so after my hike tonite at the preserve i am driving to her house, picking him up...bringing him back home here and then around 11pm taking him back to her house and dropping him off. her dog walker is coming at like 6am to let him out and feed him tomorrow morning. it's not ideal but i just can't deal with having him overnight (he doesn't sleep in a kennel or crate and he is totally disruptive on the bed with us, he's not mellow like portia) knowing tomorrow is another work day with a lot of meetings. it sucks because i don't want to have to go pick him up and drop him off but oh well.

this morning i had kashi go lean with blueberries and strawberries and scrambled egg whites. yummy. coffee of course hehee. for lunch we are taking the new contractor out so we are going to ask her what she likes and give some options (most healthy hopefully) and see where she wants to go. i'm hoping for sushi or thai or something so i can get something light. then dinner i think is going to be those turkey burgers i picked up yesterday, we have leftover sara lee buns from 4th of july...so i think we'll season those up, grill em and then serve them with some alexa fries and salad or corn or something. one turkey patty has like 30g protein and only 180 cals, not bad.

i measured my hips the other day and it looks like i lost about 1/2 inch on them again which is good, i am still on the scale boycott til i feel like maybe i might have made some progress. i'd like to just get on it in a week or two and find that i lost a few lbs...but maybe i won't see that as i probably am gaining muscle what with all this protein i am having hahah. so really who cares about the scale. i am going by measurements and clothes...and so far so good. i DEFINITELY see a more toned and less bloated belly emerging. i asked greg the other night if he saw a difference and he said now that i mentioned it yes, but it's just so funny that people don't notice that because to me it's SO apparent. i asked my friend (who is also preggo) and she was like i dunno you look the same to me...but then again she has said she feels like a whale right now since she only has 3 weeks to go so i would imagine she doesn't notice small nuances in my belly area of all places haha. she's probably like 'stop your whining'...hehee.

but anyway i feel good about the higher protein i am consuming now, at least it's in the form of something useful for my body and less heavy carbs. i am still eating a fair amount of carbs, required for energy and i am not doing a high protein low carb diet. all i really did was add some extra lean protein into my diet and cut back on any processed or useless carbs i was consuming (aka donuts or treats). on one hand i think gosh do i have to live like this forever but on the other hand i still had desserts a few times this wkd so it doesn't have to be all or nothing (still learning that i guess, goshdarnit!!).

anyhow time to get ready for work, but hopefully everyone is enjoying a fabulous tuesday...mrs salvo hope you are able to get out and walk your trail, skippy hope your knee is feeling better? DJ are you out there? we haven't heard too much from you other than the healthy pound cake/fruit swap which i think is great in light of the fact you can't really work out. kimberly hope you are feeling better than yesterday. sb i hear you on the slow churned, i can mow through that stuff as well....hehee. oh and donuts and scones are apparently are the stuff of life.
5.gif

anyone else??

jas

Brilliant_Rock

I''m a little aggravated. You remember that Seinfeld episode where George''s shower didn''t "stick"? Well, my workout didn''t stick. I''ve only done this tape once, so I am not so swift with the transitions, so by the time I''m in the right position, I''ve missed 1/2 the steps. I know I''ll get it eventually, but I just don''t feel like I got in a good workout. I will of course walk the doggie to add some movement, but Wednesday is my workout day off, so I''m frustrated I didn''t do as well as I wanted. And I have lots to do today, as I have gotten a new job and am meeting with the key players tomorrow, so it''s study study study!

Kimberley, date night sounds like fun -- what play are you going to see?

Skippy -- CONGRATS! 3 pounds is such a triumph!

Marcy -- M&M''s and Monty Python? You sound like my kinda person!

Shortblond -- I will absolutely post the fro yo recipe...it was scrumptious! And really easy!

My sympathies to all of you with early morning appointments. Savor the coffee!

Happy Tuesday, all.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Lorelie, Skippy, Mara, Rod, Joolskie, Kimberly, Gypsy, PG, Jas, Marcy, SBlonde - thanks so much for the props. Believe me, it felt good!

Rod, sorry the insurance thing is being such a pain in the posterior, but I'm sending up prayers that this preventative step by you has excellent results. Perhaps you could do something meditative instead of your workouts for that week.....the mind is a muscle too! Maybe you can meditate on that beautiful new car on the way!

Gypsy, have faith, gal! You're on the right road.

PG, I hear you on the 'how the heck do I find time to do this"! I'm doing much of the same this week on vacation and I realized how much had been put off until now!

Jas, don't worry - the stamina will come. Just stick with it. And best wishes for beginning the new job.

Kimberly, keeping my fingers crossed for your house hunt. It can be a grinding process, but worth it once you find the right one for you. Hope the dinner/show is a ball. Any chance of John being able to accept this person's offer through remote working from SD?

Skippy - YAY ON THE THREE MORE LBS, GIRL! That's just AWESOME!

Marcy, yay for continued progress!
36.gif

So last night was quiet - I spent the day puttering around the house rearranging the decor and hanging out with hubby. SO nice to be off work! I went out finally close to 9 pm to run an errand and grab a small bite of dinner. Nothing eventful. Today, I'm on the hunt for a few pieces of art for the house. It's GORGEOUS out here today, so I'm gonna definitely get another walk in as well, right after I have some FiberOne Nut clusters!

I found a creamery right downtown that has sugar-free, fat-free soft serve, so I'm destined for a stop there today, too! woo-hoo!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I just finished catching up on last week''s thread and the start of this one!!! Definitely too much donut talk, it''s taking all my might to not stop on my way to lunch today!

I stayed home from work yesterday with a killer sinus headache, so no workout for me. However, I started feeling a bit better mid day and I cleaned/scrubbed my entire house. I definitely burned some calories! I was so happy to get some of this done in the house, I still have a bit to do, but I feel in a much better mental state. I was exhausted by the end of the day though & headed back to bed at 9:30 pm!

Mara/Rod - so funny about the early morning appointments. At my company, we have summer hours where we get to leave at 11:30 on Fridays, but we have to come in at 7:30 otherwise. It is TOUGH. This year, I worked up to the change and came in 15 minutes earlier each week for four weeks. It hasn''t been as bad this year as the others, but there are days I definitely come in late because I just can''t get out of bed. I am sooooooo not a morning person!

I was feeling a little discouraged last week, but the scale gave me 2 lbs this morning, so now I am happy again. That darn scale! I also can tell I just look better than before. I''m definitely moving in the right direction, it''s just going slower than usual. But maybe I am just doing it "right". I am going for my first dress fitting next Friday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the dress still fits well!!!

My race is this Saturday!!!! I am excited - it looks like it won''t be toooooooo hot (high of 81, but chance of thunderstorms later that day, so humidity could be an issue). I don''t feel completely ready (but who really ever does for a race), but I know I will make an improvement over my time from the last 5mile race. I am going to run today (probably 3-4 miles) and then not run for the rest of the week. Rest up my legs, and do some core/arm workouts to keep me active.

Eating has been good - I definitely feel less hungry and I am craving healthy foods again. I have a peach for a pre-lunch snack and I can''t wait to eat it! Yum! The Fi & I are going to have tofu veggie stir-fry for dinner tonight,so I will probably have room left for a cookie & a glass of milk from the other day.

NeatFreak - I think you & I are the only people on the WWT who are getting married soon! I hear you on the concerns for your dress. I am afraid right now that it will be a little tight. But I''m also afraid to lose too much and have to do crazy re-work on the dress (the bodice is all beaded). I guess I will see what happens next week and ask the seamstress how difficult it would be to take in if necessary and how much it would cost
6.gif

Have a great week everyone!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle, I TOTALLY feel your pain. I think my dress is already going to be a bit big because my measurements are wacky, so we had to order it in a "bridal 8" for one stupid measurement while the rest all were a 6 and my waist was a 4. So I'm in for some alterations already, I just hope I don't have to get them done twice! I am going to put it off as long as possible to try and give myself some time to get toned up before the first fitting rather than after.

If the beading on your dress stops for the seams on the side, it shouldn't be too big a deal to make smaller right? Just don't go crazy on the workouts because it might change the pattern of the dress you love so much!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone here is so active... and its so inspiring. It really is a great support group here.
I''m going to have to try those trader Joes sausages neat freak!

Mara congrats on the measurement loss. I really need to measure myself this weekend to get a baseline. Haven''t done that yet.

I was tired of oatmeal this morning so I got: 3 eggs whites scrambled with mushrooms and green onion (they have a no fat spray at the work cafe!) and I put half a little package of low fat cream cheese on top (30 calories) and some salt and pepper and YUM! It was such a great protein rich breakfast. I don''t know it will hold me over the way oatmeal does but I really wanted a change this morning.

Gotta run on my lunch break to Joe Escrobar to pick up the rings I dropped off for repair, re-plating and so forth. So I think I''m just going to grab subway for lunch and be done with it.

The strangest thing is happening. I used to be SUCH a foodie. Always thinking about food, recipes etc. If we went out it was always something that centered around food and eating took up so much of my day.

I''m not doing that as much anymore-- and I''ve noticed that a) I have more time b) I''m rediscovering other things I like and c) its seriously curbing my cravings.

I''m still a foodie. But I think I''m stepping back from being food obsessed. Which is really nice.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
JAS, I think the important thing is that you did do the tape. And the good thing about tapes is that you can pause and rewind when necessary. I do that a lot. And sometimes I just am not mentally and physically coordinated enough to keep up with the constant shift of steps. I was cursing at the Firm video I did yesterday because I felt like I could keep up with the pace quite nicely physically but I just couldn''t remember all the darned steps. Why did we have to go in so many directions up and over and around and to the side of the step in one sequence? Argh. But as long as you did it and did your best, that''s a victory. Don''t be too hard on yourself.

I walked 4.75 miles this morning. It just felt hot and the air felt heavy and I was sweating all over the place. But I did it; that''s what''s important. I need to buy a visor to wear when walking, but I''m going to walk to a store to do it and am waiting for a bit nicer weather. I''m trying to be earth and body friendly and walk whenever possible. It just seems like if it''s less than a mile there, it''s silly not to walk (unless you''re going grocery shopping when the weather is in the 90''s).

BTW, the sunblock I''m using is Neutrogena Active Breathable Sunblock which is waterproof and sweatproof. It''s got the avobenzone and oxybenzone that make their Helioplex sunblocks so highly recommended (as far as I can tell they''re what''s important about it although perhaps the Helioplex technology bonds them together better or something . . . this doesn''t say Helioplex on it). Everything else gets in my eyes. The sweat was pouring off of me, so I can''t be sure I didn''t lose any sunblock, but since I usually get it in my left eye even when I''m not sweating, I think it works pretty well. So this is what I''m going to use from now on.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, just wanted to check in and catch up on everyone. I''m out of town until sunday so no real workouts for me. Lots of pool time though which is still great and I''m having a blast with my kids. In Tennessee there are very few pools with diving boards due to the insurance and the pool we''re going to here has a 3 meter board. My kids just LOVE it.

anyway, sounds like everyone is doing great.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Alj..........I'll have to try your meditation concept for my brain, but I'm not very good at sitting still. Even when we're home after a workout, I find it hard to just sit and watch TV. Instead I end up bouncing all over the place, I'll check my email, remember I wanted to touch something up, read the paper for a few minutes and then bounce somewhere else. I don't think I have ADD, I'm just not a good sitter. LOL.

Skippy, I wish we were with you. Picking out lighting fixtures is something we're really really good at. We have the most wonderful store in Tampa called World Of Lighting and they have such an amazing selection. The pendant lights over our breakfast bar are just beautiful. I wish I could show them to you.........

Woo Hoo on more lost on your hips Mara!

Sorry the workout was frustrating Jas. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Danielle, so sorry you had a killer headache and here are advance good wishes on your race this weekend. I plan to run a 5 K sometime, which for a former smoker and hefty guy will be an exciting thing for me to do!!

Enjoy the pool Mrssalvo!!

It seems odd that we won't have a workout tonight. I'll actually miss going to the gym, but tomorrow will be here soon enough and since I didn't really sleep well last night (couldn't get my procedure out of my head and I worried I wouldn't get up in time to meet my new staff this morning) so the night off is probably a good thing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I wish you could help me too
15.gif
I am wishy washy for some reason so I am stuck. I saw hubby today for lunch because he had to take in his Mercedes to get it serviced and Rod I thought of you because I saw the new SLK's!!! They are sweet! I am praying you have a clean bill of health friend!

Gypsy keep up the good work!

Mara, yah for smaller hips!

Jas, I understand that feeling, sorry. Just think next time you will get a good workout because you already know the moves, right
2.gif
Thanks for my kudos.

AlJ, enjoy your walk and your beautiful day. Thanks for my kudos.

Danielle, hope your sinus get better. Look at this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronic-sinus-problems.63655/

PHXGirl, great job on 4.75 mi walk!

Mrs. Salvo, I love swimming! Have fun!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Yay, the day is over and it's getting close to date night! Must focus on school for a while...ugh.

We're going to see Avenue Q, jas. It's supposed to be fantastic.

Al, I wish that were an option. I tried working that angle even threw out the idea of him renting an apartment there and commuting 4 days a week there 3 here...he wasn't so keen on that solution. House hunting can be fun...our biggest concern is were downsizing bigtime so finding a place that we love that is well laid out so as to fit all of our crap is not going to be an easy feat! We have a 117" sofa and a 87" loveseat in our family room that will not fit into most older homes.

Danielle, I'm sure you'll do fantastically well at your race!!!

Mara, hooray for hips being smaller!

Skip, I really don't need a Who's Who thread, my diamond collection isn't worthy! Hooray for 3 lbs lost!

Rod, enjoy your night off! How come no workout on a Tuesday?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, oh oh, I started one. Sorry
15.gif
I hope you don''t mind. We all love ya!!! I only have a few diamonds. I think we care about the goodness of people since they are the real gems.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 4:34:53 PM
Author: Skippy123

15.gif
I hope you don't mind. We all love ya!!! I only have a few diamonds. I think we care about the goodness of people since they are the real gems.
Skip, I just saw that you started one, do not be sorry...I have no problem sharing; I just feel like such a diamond novice on this board that I don't think I've earned my place among the "Who's Who." This is going to take some thought, I'll tell ya all about me in the next few days, you may be sorry you asked!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 4:39:50 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 7/10/2007 4:34:53 PM
Author: Skippy123

15.gif
I hope you don''t mind. We all love ya!!! I only have a few diamonds. I think we care about the goodness of people since they are the real gems.
Skip, I just saw that you started one, do not be sorry...I have no problem sharing; I just feel like such a diamond novice on this board that I don''t think I''ve earned my place among the ''Who''s Who.'' This is going to take some thought, I''ll tell ya all about me in the next few days, you may be sorry you asked!
Never! I am super excited.
36.gif
Yah, Lorelei is interested too.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy and Kimberly. Kimberly no workout tonight because the husband of one of our co-workers from Denver has just landed in Tampa and we''re meeting him for the first time for dinner. Olette, his wife and I have worked closely together for several years. One project had us away from home together for nearly 9 weeks and we joked that I was becoming her second husband. So getting the chance to meet her first husband is something we are looking foward to doing.

Also, Kimberly, I don''t think you need to be an expert on diamonds to be a Who''s Who. You are a fixture here on PS and I''m sure it would be interesting to know more about you and your life. I''m glad Skippy chose you for Who''s Who and I''m looking forward to learning more about you!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 5:19:04 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks Skippy and Kimberly. Kimberly no workout tonight because the husband of one of our co-workers from Denver has just landed in Tampa and we''re meeting him for the first time for dinner. Olette, his wife and I have worked closely together for several years. One project had us away from home together for nearly 9 weeks and we joked that I was becoming her second husband. So getting the chance to meet her first husband is something we are looking foward to doing.

Also, Kimberly, I don''t think you need to be an expert on diamonds to be a Who''s Who. You are a fixture here on PS and I''m sure it would be interesting to know more about you and your life. I''m glad Skippy chose you for Who''s Who and I''m looking forward to learning more about you!!!
Have a fantastic time at dinner, Rod!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick check-in here...

yesterday I managed to stay within my caloric goal for the day and i worked on my arms last night. This morning I woke up pretty sore, I''m not sure why as I only did my normal routine with my weights. Today I had fruit for breakfast, and 1/3 of a really good thin crust margherita frozen pizza for lunch for only 260 calories, then for a snack I sliced up a cucumber and a couple plum tomatos and had them plain with a little S&P. Dinner will likely be a big salad and a slice of whole wheat bread with apple butter from an orchard in my hometown, I picked some up last time I visited and had forgotten all about it until I was cleaning the fridge this weekend! DH has a dinner tonight out in Oakbrook so I''ll be dining alone.

I did two exerciseTV workouts today, one was The Firm, and then I did The Firm Yoga. I like them both! It''s storming again here this evening but if it clears up later I might get a walk in as well. My blisters have finally (thank you Dr. Scholl''s blister treatment band aids) healed from Friday night so the only thing stopping me now is the weather!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just dropping in to tell my best buds I''m heading out in the morning, and will see you all next Monday.
35.gif

Skippy, congrats on 3 lbs.!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 8:14:45 PM
Author: Ellen
Just dropping in to tell my best buds I''m heading out in the morning, and will see you all next Monday.
35.gif

Skippy, congrats on 3 lbs.!!
36.gif
Thanks Miss Ellen!!! Have a safe trip you wonderful Lady!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a great time Ellen!!!!

Enjoy Avenue Q and your Date Night Kimberly!!!

Sorry for congratulating your soreness there Monnie, but typically when you''re sore you accomplished something, so WAY TO GO!!!!

Skippy, the SLK''s are vastly improved over the original. We actually had one of the very first SLK''s when they were first introduced in 1998. Charlie had read an article about them months in advance and we put a deposit on one soon thereafter to ensure we got one of the first. From there, I''m embarrased to say how many variatons we both had over a few year period, suffice it to say, we could have likely put some nice smart kid through college. We had sports, non-sports and the first SLK 320''s that rolled in the showroom. Then we moved into CLK Cabriolet, SL and E class territory before coming back to the 2007 SLK. It really fits Charlie''s personality and he look''s just perfect driving his baby! The new SLK is a major improvement in comfort, style and refinement, but is also way more sporting than the original. I can totally imagine you in a new SLK too!! Thanks for the prayers on my health. I hope I''m OK too. I guess only time''s going to tell. In the meantime, I''m not going to let this get me down. I''m going to workout and enjoy my life.

Dinner tonight was expensive and disappointing. I mean the food was OK. I had peel and eat Old Bay seasoned shrimp as an appetizer. They were good, but more work than food for the nearly $12 price. For dinner, I had Diver Scallops, which I enjoy a lot. But for $25, I expected more than 4 scallops a dollop of good, but not great mashed potatoes and some OK cooked veggies. Nothing bad, but nothing exciting either. And the worst part was that I was still hungry when we were finished and I don''t eat that much food anymore. We did enjoy the company and meeting our friends husband was a very pleasant experience. He had to leave to attend a conference north of Tampa, so we wound up stopping off at our new favorite yogurt shop (the one I''ve mentioned with only 2 flavors, both of which have active yogurt cultures) and I had a medium green tea yogurt with fresh pineapple in it. It was the highlight of tonights eating experience.

I don''t have to be at the office until 8:00 AM tomorrow, but I''ll be training my interns, plus some who are flying into Tampa tonight for the next three straight days. Can you imagine, Rod locked in a conference with an audience of just graduated from college recruiting interns and in three days I have to give them a foundation that they will need in order to make it in the fast paced IT Staffing World. Should be an interesting next three days to be sure.

So, now that I''ve been away from the gym two nights, I''m anxious to get back. I hope to sleep better tonight. And after a full day with the interns tomorrow, I''ll really really be ready to hit some weights, machines and the Elliptical.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went walking, yay yay! I feel go to be exercising again!!

Monnie, good job on getting sore; it is working.

Rod, wow, that is a lot of Mercedes! They are pretty cars, my neighbor got the 2007 S (the big car)? I just know those cars are crazy expensive; she gave me a ride and I couldn't believe all the stuff in it and onstar (or the equiv to onstar) and who knows what else and so much programming, I would be clueless in it. I bet you and Charlie look adorable in the SLK! I am glad you have such a positive attitude, but for sure you will be in my prayers. Sorry the food was just okay, that is no fun! Have fun training the next 3 days! You will do great
9.gif

I bet Mara is busy w/that dog. We miss you Miss Mara! Can't wait to read about your adventure tomorrow!

Night all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWTers. I had a very boring day at work; I hate days like that. Eight hours can really drag by when you’re bored. I did take advantage of being slow and walked around the building a lot.
I had cheerios for breakfast (ooh there’s a surprise) and ½ a sandwich with cottage cheese for lunch.
My husband helped me cook supper tonight. We bought new knives last night so we had to “cut” up things to see if we liked them. My husband cooked burgers on the grill and he chopped up garlic and onions to sauté for his burger. We made garlic mashed potatoes and baked a loaf of French bread. I ate a little of everything and some raw veggies. Of course I’m a KLUTZ so when I was loading the dishwasher I sliced my thumb on one of those new sharp knives. I can’t be trusted with sharp instruments in the dishwasher.
Neatfreak, sorry to hear your friend left. I am sure you hated to see her leave.
Joolskie, you certainly had a busy day. Have fun at your jewelry making class.
Rod, I am not a morning person either. Blue is my favorite color, your car will be fabulous! I can’t wait to see pictures of it. I bet you’ll do a killer round of exercises when you get back to the gym.
Kimberly, that’s great John has his own business and that is very flattering others see his skills and abilities and want to lure him away to their businesses. Enjoy the play tonight.
Skippy – woo hoo for loosing 3 lbs. That is awesome. I am delighted you are feeling great again. The M&M story brings back happy memories. Our next date was out in the country will a telescope and a lot of stars. We were hooked for life then.
Shortblonde, I hope your new kayaking gloves prevent you from getting blisters next time.
Mara, it sounds like your body is really responding to your exercise and protein diet. That is awesome. Congratulations on loosing more inches.
Jas, congrats on the new job. M&M’s and Monty Phyton? Yes, life is good.
Al, have fun shopping for art for the house. Enjoy your fat free soft serve; that sounds yummy. Thanks for the encouragement on my progress.
Danielle, I am glad your headache is better. Congratulations on loosing 2 pounds. Good luck in your race this weekend.
Danielle and Neatfreak; don’t worry about your dress being loose. Are you having a last fitting close to the wedding? I’m sure your dresses will fit great and you’ll be beautiful brides.
Gypsy, congratulations on being less of a “foodie”. I like that word.
PhoenixGirl, sorry it was so hot for your morning walk. That’s great you found some sunscreen that won’t melt off of you.
MrsSalvo, it sounds like you guys are having a blast on vacation. Enjoy!
Monarch, wow you had some great workouts. I am glad your blisters are better.
Ellen, have a great trip.
Well, my class is taking test 3 tonight so I’d best go see if they have any problems or questions. Take care and have a great Wednesday.
35.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, too bad about your dinner, sorry to hear it wasn''t very good.

Skippy, congrats on the 3 lbs. lost!! You''re doing great!
36.gif

I''m checking in here again to report that I did go ahead and get a walk in tonight, I''m very proud of myself.
2.gif
However, even though the blisters on my pinkies were healed I ended up wearing the wrong socks with my tennies and got slight blisters on the backs of my heels! I had to keep stopping to pull my socks up to cover my achilles'' tendon, I was getting sooo aggravated. For some reason I thought I pulled out the right socks but I didn''t. Oh well, I''ll slap some bandaids on tonight and they''ll be good as new in a day or so.

My arms aren''t sore anymore as of tonight so I will definitely work them again tomorrow, I''m starting to see a lot of definition again which is really nice. My arms are usually the first and fastest part of my body to tone up and look really good, so I am making progress. I''m on a scale boycott until next week probably, MAYBE I will step on it this weekend, we''ll see. I have about six weeks until I need to fit into a dress I bought for a wedding on Labor Day weekend...it''s a size 6 from J.Crew and it fits well for the most part except for the bust area. It''s not that I want to lose weight in that area, obviously, but when i lose inches those are typically the first to go, sadly. Anyway, the waist will have to be taken in no matter what but I can''t exactly add on to the bust part, plus I definitely want to shrink my arms and legs a bit as well, hence my goal of 8-12 lbs. Yes, it''s a short amount of time, but I think it''s realistic enough.

See you all tomorrow!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, Oh, I am sorry about your thumb.
15.gif

I am glad you had a lovely dinner and got a good walk in during the slow day! Good for you adding spice to your day!!

Monnie, great job on walking. Sorry about the blisters, no fun
15.gif
I hope they heal quick.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers!! the dogs are actually relaxing with us right now after their dinner...hehee. i actually decided to keep elliott overnight because i felt bad that his dog walker isn't coming til 10am tomorrow at my friend's house so i didn't want to leave him from 11pm to 10am. so we might not get the BEST night's sleep tonite because he's kind of restless but oh well. one night isn't a huge deal and portia loves having elliott around anyway.

i read the thread a few times today, but just didn't have time to post really...the new girl started and she's great, we absolutely love her. she gave us all big hugs when she came in and is so friendly and fits right in with our group...and she has a great background, a great complement to the rest of the team members and better versed in a few things that i am still honing my skills on (aka how to write the business legalese in contracts) so she can be super helpful with some of my projects too. we took her to lunch at a japanese restaurant where you sit at the table with no shoes on, and had bento boxes...i had a chicken teriyaki with slamon sashimi, salad, 1/2 my miso soup, and a bite of rice. it was tasty but the chicken was thigh meat so kind of fatty, i picked off what i could but i am not into meat fat so i just ate about 1/2 of the chicken.

for snack during the day i ended up eating a few servings of whole foods trail mix with raisins, cranberries, peanuts, almonds and m&m's...i get so into trail mix, i should know better than to buy it, hehee. anyway, after work i went to the preserve to do a walk, the weather was overcast so it was really nice weather for hiking but i only had about an hour and a half but i wanted to go a certain distance and i felt pretty trail mix powered (fat, protein, fiber) so i ended up RUNNING!!! it is crazy because i am really not a runner at all, but lately i have sometimes been thinking gosh it would be so much faster and i could go so much longer if i could just run 1/2 and walk 1/2. so i ended up walking up the hills and then running down all the hills...and i went farther down this one trail than i ever have before. i definitely was pushing myself and testing my limits...it felt really good. i think i did about 6.5 miles and in about 1 hour 20 minutes!! i was so impressed.with myself...since i really am not a runner, that i ended up doing so well time wise and feeling really good about it. so yay for me and i figure i more than worked off the trail mix haha. i can already tell i will be sore tomorrow, so that's good. it's my workout day off tomorrow too.

we are doing a 10k this weekend, my dad is actually running the 1/2 marathon and greg is running the 10k. i was walking the 10k with my sister, but now i am like maybe we should 1/2 run and 1/2 walk..hehee. so it's 6.2 miles..i think i should be able to do it. and then everyone won't have to wait for us so long like if we just walked. so we'll see!

dinner tonite was fresh organic turkey burgers, which were super yummy. i grilled them up with garlic powder and some montreal steak seasoning and then put some cotswold onion/chive cheddar on them. i ate mine with no bun and just some WF's fresh mango salsa, and gave greg 2 of them, one with mango salsa and one with regular tomato and mustard. i baked some alexa fries as well and gave greg 2 servings and myself 1 serving.

anyhow hope everyone is having a great evening or had a great evening. rod, sorry to hear about your mediocre expensive dinner, i hate that! go monarch with 2 workouts today, you rock woman. skippy, kudos on 3 pounds, that's so great. gypsy, you sound like you are doing great...i would definitely measure yourself asap so that you do have a 'start' because otherwise you won't be able to gauge progress, and progress makes me totally want to keep going.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Sounds like a good day yesterday - Monarch, I''m sorry to hear about your blisters!!! My toes are full of blisters right now from running, I don''t think my shoes fit great, but I am being cheap about buying a new pair just yet.

I went to the gym last night and did an early week treadmill race (usually on Wednesdays). The Fi & I have an appointment with our florist tonight, so no gym workout for me. I think once we get home though, I will do my core workout and weights (especially since I''m on a running ban until Saturday!).

I finished my treadmill race (1.5 miles) in 16:40 last night! Still not my BEST time, but pretty darn close! I was pleased. I finished out 3 miles in 35:53 which is my new personal best. I wanted to go four miles last night, but the gym was closing so I couldn''t.

My hamstring is acting up a teensy bit, but I am going to just ice/stretch/rest it and I should be good to go. I hope I didn''t do permanent damage or something!!

Skippy - did you find pendant lights? Congrats on walking again & the 3 pounds!!!!

Mara - running?!! I never thought I would hear that from you! You must have been going pretty fast, I bet you could run the entire 10K, or at least a significant portion of it. Your meals with Greg sound so much like mine at home. Give the man 2x as much food and then they are happy!
2.gif

Neatfreak - when I got fitted at the bridal store, they commented how I had "perfect measurements" because my bust is exactly 10" bigger than my waist. (They didn''t count my hips in there!) So when I bought the dress, it was a perfect fit (except the top of the bust, which is seriously made for women with a DDD chest!). I gained some weight over the winter, but now I am about where i was when I bought the dress. I wanted to be a bit smaller by now, but we will see what happens! I remember feeling like it was a little tight on my lower waist area, but I have definitely lost there.

Gypsy - it sounds like you are doing GREAT! I know exactly what you mean about losing your "foodieness" while dieting. I stop seeing delicious chocolate cakes and now see how that''s detrimental to my progress. The brain is truly a powerful thing!

Phoenixgirl - thanks for the suggestion on sunscreen! I will need some for Saturday and I have been worried about it sweating into my eyes or mouth (ick!) Thanks!

MrsSalvo - sounds like your vacation is going great!!!!!

Rod - you could absolutely run a 5K tomorrow if you wanted to. And I''m sure you would do great! There will always be the crazy 15 minute finishers, but personally I am never trying to actually WIN the race. Think how great if there is a race right along the Bay!! (I bet there is :))

Marcy - as always you are doing great. Sorry to hear about your thumb - be careful with your new knives!!

AlJ - i am jealous of your time off from work! It sounds great!!! And belated congrats on the skinny jeans - that''s awesome!!!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes about my headaches. Skippy, I looked at the thread, I shoudl really try that! I am definitely feeling better, but I better refill my allergy meds. soon or I will def. give myself an infection of some sort!

Have a great day!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

The play was fantastic, as was dinner. They just refurbished and reopened a very old hotel in downtown SD and the restaurant has totally revamped its style/mene. I had an heirloom tomato salad w/ greens and buffala mozerella, pork tenderloin served w/ corn and ricotta gnocchi and creme brulee for dessert. The whole meal was fantastic. I''m being lazy this morning, I don''t feel like getting out the measuring tape, so I''ll do my weigh in tomorrow.

Marcy, so sorry about the finger.

Mara, way to go on the running!

Monnie your walk sounds nice.

Rod, I''m so sorry your dinner wasn''t so great.

Have a fantastic morning all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results