shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th July till 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 2:02:28 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 7/9/2007 1:05:07 PM
Author: Lorelei
''rod, funny but actually krispy kreme donuts are probably the most ''healthy'' (or least unhealthy) of donuts out there in terms of calories and fat. they are really not that bad. a regular KK is only i think 200 cals, so lorelei''s splurge was probably only about 400 cals so not too much more than your panera tart scone and i''d much rather have TWO DONUTS hee. i am a donut whore, i freely admit it.''

Hehehe...thanks for that wee tid bit Mara! I might do it again soon!
41.gif

PPS - PANTSY weather is back.
emotion-39.gif
She''s right. If you check both web sites, 2 KK donuts have some ''healthier'' attributes over one Panera tart cherry scone and a tart cherry scone has some healthier attributes over 2 KK donuts. But, I''m glad you enjoyed them so Lorelei and for that it merits being repeated
31.gif
. For me, if you put 2 donuts and 1 cherry scone out and told me I could have which ever I wanted, I''d just opt for the scone, so I guess I''m a scone whore!! LOL

So sorry about PANTSY weather there Lorelei. We''re in the middle of drought down here, so we''d gladly take some of your PANTSY weather to be sure.
You can have it with cherries on top Rod! Speaking of food again, one of the KK donuts I had was LEMON flavour with which I am sure, REAL CREAM ON so there!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all.....skimmed most of the rest of last week''s thread and this morning''s as well......glad to hear so much progress on so many fronts!

Weekend was good and busy! New bedroom set arrived Friday and it''s gorgeous - really happy with how it fills the room. Spent the latter part of Friday out shopping for art for our room (couldn''t find anything that resonated with me). Saturday was a day at Foxwoods - CRAZY busy there being 7/7/07 and all. Played $1/$2 cash game no-limit poker for about 7 hours and only ended up down $50 at the end of it, so that was a fun time. Enjoyed a slightly indulgent dinner at Foxwoods, and relaxed on Sunday. Rich helped me move the guest room furniture out to make room for the former master furniture, so we''re getting a lot accomplished.

Eating is very behaved so far today - a bit of coffee and my new favorite find: Fiber One flakes with the nut clusters topped with a generous serving of blueberries. I''m planning on grilled shrimp for dinner (repeat of last week''s yummy recipe) along with some brown rice. It''s supposed to be isolated T-storms most of this week in New England, but they seemed to have passed for now, so I''m hoping to get in a nice walk after dinner.

Nice victory yesterday - got into my "skinny" jeans.....the ones I was wearing when I first met Rich five years ago. And they are too big everywhere except the waist. Due to the PCOS, the middle is still problem for me, and I''m finding it hard to find clothes that fit......abdominal area requires a size larger than all the rest of me. Hopefully, the Metforming will keep working it''s magic and the middle will catch up! However, it was awesome to fit into those jeans again....especially when I realized they are too big! woo-hoo!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the jeans Aljd, what a feeling!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alright AlJ!!! Yah, to the skinny jeans and new furniture!

Sounds like you are doing well Gypsy! Great Job!!!

Shortblond, yah for kayaking!!! Where did you kayak? Sorry about the blisters.

Mara, I made you banana bran muffins and changed it a tiny bit. I used egg beaters, 8 splenda packets, soy milk and no nuts. I love them!!! Thanks for the recipe.
18.gif
Yum

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo for skinny jeans alj...that's so fabulous woman. i always carry my weight in my waist, even when at my thinnest things tend to fit me tighter around my waist, problem area!!

rod see that is why we get along so darn well, i don't want to have to fight you for the donuts. now if someone put a carrot cake and donut next to each other, i know lorelei would go for the cc and i'd still go for the donut, so again, no donut competition hehee.

walked over to whole foods a while ago and got some new goodies, fresh blueberries, fage, canteloupe, new fresh mango salsa. i also got some diestel turkey burgers, 180 cals each and like 25g protein. so we'll cook those up on the grill later this week for dinner. and i got some boca burgers for lunch days for me to keep here at work, like 100 cals and 15g protein each and 4g fiber. woo hoo. also got some more almond milk for my shakes, a horizon low-fat single serving milk container to mix pp with at work sometimes, and probably a few other things i can't recall right now. oh baby spinach and sweet 100 tomatoes for a salad tonite along with our enchiladas.

for lunch i heated up my leftovers from last nite's YUMMY dinner, asparagus, roasted halibut, and the almond rice pilaf. i forgot to mention that my dish last nite came with a bunch of grapefruit and orange sliced up and warmed on the plate, the warming of the fruit really brought out the sweetness of it, SO good, and today i mixed it all in with the almond pilaf and it's divine.

i'm also having the last Celsius drink i got (last week i got three, all diff flavors), i tried orange, ginger ale and cola and so far i think i like the cola the best..it tastes like diet cola but a nice sweetness to it...the ginger ale was probably the oddest but it tasted like REAL ginger which was nice, and orange was kind of diet orangey. i want to go back and get more, i'd get them all again in a pinch but probably cola is my fave. so who knows if the drink is actually burning 10% more cals but whatever, it's kinda fun to drink them a few times a week. hehee.

skippy, i love the banana muffins, i think they would be wonderful even without nuts and a bit extra splenda. part of what is so great for these muffins that i like to make, the various bran type ones is that you can mix and match different ingredients to your liking and they typically still come out pretty darn tasty. enjoy woman!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you with the Jeans Alj!! WOO HOO!!

I''m having a frustrating day with the prostate issue still not being resolved. The insurance company did turn down the procedure, because they don''t have access to my records from when I was in Raleigh and according to HIPPA, as long as I had coverage that didn''t lapse longer than 63 days, they can''t consider anything pre-exisiting (GOD BLESS HIPPA!). But, they won''t take my word for it and one insurance company won''t speak to another insurance company, so I have to coordinate getting Certificates faxed, etc. Once, that''s done and they agree it''s not pre-exisiting (what on earth would someone do who''s insurance did lapse longer than 63 days and they needed medical attention????- Our Health System SUCKS!
29.gif
38.gif
29.gif
) then the procedure can be scheduled. I will be taking a two week course of antibiotics to be sure I don''t have an infection and then have my PSA rechecked, but I spoke with the DR., this morning and he feels strongly that regardless I need to have the biopsy to make sure everythings OK. And I have to agree. I guess better safe than sorry.

Anyway, with a new staff of interns today, I certainly didn''t need to start fighting with the insurance company, but such is life.........

I really really really need my Monday night Sapporo!!!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Marcyc... congrats on the loss.

Neatfreak... if you are lifting weights, the scale might fluctuate. Forget the scale and go by how your clothes fit.

Jas... you go with the booty yoga ballet!

Rod... let those muscles rest and then give ''em a good workout on Wednesday.

DeeJay... a banana and grapes instead of lemon pound cake is a GREAT choice. It is tough to just pick up coffee at Starbucks. Those pound cake slices seems to taunt you from the case. LOL!

Skippy... grilled shrimp is now on the menu for later in the week. And you''re right, I want to set an example for my kids. The cool thing is that the gym has one of those huge climbing structures in its kids gym. The kids get their exercise while I exercise!

Monarch... weight loss is fun and all, but Sting is HOT (Joolskie is suddenly feeling 14 again). Bet it was nice seeing him on stage.

Shortblonde... your summer rolls sound yummy.

Gypsy... glad to see that you are trying to beat down the PCOS Monster with healthy eating, exercise and the Met.

Mara... it''s okay to be a donut whore every now and again. Just don''t make it your profession. LOL!

NYCsparkle... nurse that hangover girl. And next time, have a drink for me because I''ll be at home with my kids.
2.gif

Alj... YOU ROCK THOSE SKINNY JEANS GIRL. WHOO HOOO!

Okay, my best friend and I are cooking dinner tonight for our combined families. We have selected faux chicken (she is a vegetarian!) with peanut sauce from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks served with steamed broccoli and garlic sauce. If it comes out tasty, I will post the recipe to the recipe thread.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

Rod, so sorry about the frustration!

Mara, sounds like quite an office party!

DeeJay, house hunting continues to be a positive experience. We''ve found some awesome homes and created a mental list of favorites. We added another to our list yesterday, an old spanish style one story with some amazing outdoor space in a fantastic neighborhood. The one I love the best has been on the market for about 6 months, so if it just hangs on a bit longer it would be awesome, and if it doesn''t we have tons of other options. Our yard project is going to start tomorrow (we need to dig up weeds, clean up around the area where our avacado trees are planted, sod and add some new plants plus fix the sprinklers). Our house should be on the market sometime this month. I''m feeling really torn as John recieved two more (amazing) unsolicited job offers from a company in Chicago...I am wishing I could get over not wanting to be so far from CA, but I just don''t think I can do it. It''s really frustrating because I''d closed the book on that possibility but it just seems to keep reopening itself.

Way to go on the jeans, al!

I need to go make cupcakes! Not exactly a good thing for a WWTer...it''s a good thing I don''t love cake.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah DJ, congrats on nixing that evil Sbucks pound cake. i mean is it really that tasty? nope...didn''t think so. hehehe. thats what i tell myself anyway.

so far i have not had any donut even though they are calling me every time i walk by my teammate''s cube. no one is really eating them, so it makes me feel like i don''t HAVE to have one right now because they ain''t going anywhere. but yeah tomorrow if they are still hanging around that is going to suck. hahah. i can do one day of temptation but two?! not sure about TWO!

also i am like do i really need a donut? dol i really WANT one? hahaha. i was reading about what i think HOUMedGal posted in that other thread about eating and she said an urge vs a craving...urge is when you just want something because you see it or it''s there and you want it. but a craving is when you can''t shake it. i am not craving a donut right now. i''ve got the urge because they are here. but i don''t feel like if they weren''t here i''d have to go drive to get one. oh well, time to stop thinking about it before the urge turns into a craving...haha!! we shall see. i have leeway to have one...if i want one. so that''s the important part.

i will however for sure have a fage and fruit for snack later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'' know lorelei would go for the cc ''

Right as usual Miss Mara, hehehe....
26.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon Everyone.

ALJD--HIP HIP YAY for the skinny jeans!! WoooooooHooooooo! You are my idol! I'm trying to think if I even OWN anything from when FI and I first met. Maybe in storage somewhere. Hmm? I can't imagine how good it would feel if I could fit into anything from back then again!! You know what's funny? I still have a smaller waist-- hour glass figure. Although proportionately it has grown. My waist used to be MUCH slimmer in proportion to my hips and bust now it's just 'slimmer' in comparison. So it's definitely thickened.

Rod sorry about the insurance woes.. our health system really does need an overhaul.
20.gif

Mara-- I might have to try those muffins of yours. They sound really good, and your lunch sounds delicious!

Thank you Joolskie and Skippy!

I think it's WAY to early for me to be considering donuts. Although on the brunch menu yesterday there was a 'hot scones with devonshire cream and homemade preserves" option that was tempting me horribly!

For lunch I was intending to a bowl of campbells soup but ended up at the work cafeteria and had a nice roasted veggie salad with a light vinegrette. It was nice and crunchy and all the textures and flavors really came out in the light dressing.
For dinner we are experimenting with a low carb/fat/calorie version of a sausage pepper and onion sandwich. We bought Amy's chicken itallian sausage at costco yesterday and they have 90 calories 4.5 grams of fat and 11 grams of protien. One of those with half a Trader Joe's whole wheat pita and some sauteed onions and bell peppers (Pam spray) should be really yummy, comfort food-ish and pretty guilt free. Probably gonna have a small spinach salad on the side.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
AlJ . . . awesome on your skinny jeans! I hope the weather cooperates so you can keep wearing them!

I don''t want everyone who''s not a teacher to hate me when I say this (hey, you don''t have 16 year olds being nasty to you all the time so don''t complain), but I don''t know how I have time to work and keep up with life.

Today I called the city about two different issues, one of them being our plumbing. I met the city services guys, got a friend to copy the RotoRooter DVD, paid some bills, went to the grocery store, ordered my parents'' surprise party invitations, called the place where we''re having it to work out some details, ordered my parents lawn furniture and my husband the Bullfrog sunblock/repellent he wanted and myself some Firm videos, worked out (Firm Calorie Killer), fed the fish, watered the plants, and went to LensCrafters to get my sunglasses adjusted (they kept falling down my nose when I sweated, which generally coincides with when you need to wear sunglasses). How on earth would I do these things while working? Perhaps I should discuss being a single-income family with DH. Just kidding.

Well, I still haven''t straightened up around the house so off to do that now . . .

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Mara, you know I have a weak spot for you! I'd always let you have which ever treat you wanted, even if it meant giving you my Tart Cherry Scone!! Now that's friendship!! I enjoyed your comments about crave vs urge. I guess that's why smoker's have such a tough time quiting the evil weed. The Craving when you don't have it is overpoweringly strong. But the urge to have one can go away in a few minutes, it just comes back as a craving harder and more direct. At least that's how it affected me. BTW......in less than 2 months it will have been 2 years since I gave that horrendous addiction up!

Kimberly, I'll keep fingers crossed that the house you like the most waits for you! Sorry about the confusion over John receiving new offers in Chicago. If I learned anything from our little move up north, it's TRUST YOUR GUT! Charlie and I were talking about last Thanksgiving. While the turkey was in the oven, we decided to go for a run along Bayshore and stop off at the pier, which has a wonderful view of downtown Tampa, and our Condo. It was such a beautiful day for a run, blue skies, low humidity, cool weather. We never verbalized much at that moment, but my head was shouting.......'DON'T GO......DON'T GO!' Charlie never said a word and I actually thought he wanted to move up north and even he thought he did too. But now he tells me he was looking at the skyline and our condo and he was thinking how could we leave this place?? So again, TRUST YOUR GUT. If you know you are happier where you are, stay put and the two of you will have a great life together in SD. Just my .02 worth.

Your sandwich sounds good Gypsy. Please let us know how it turned out! And good deal on the healthy salad for lunch!

Sounds like you did have a lot to contend with today Phoenix. I hope tomorrow is a bit less stressful.

So, we had a really nice dinner at Sushi spot #2. Then we had coffee at Starbucks and came home and took a nice swim in the pool. Tonight's sky was all these beautiful shades of pink and the clouds so Caribbean in style. I love the Florida summer evening skies. They are just beautiful. I wish the heat and humidity would be a bit less, but I seem to handle the heat so much better since I lost so much weight and work out all the time. Maybe it's one reason I hated the cold so much. The last time we lived up north, I had quite a natural fat blanket keeping me warm. I found the cold hurt.

I learned my BMW 335 Hard Top Convertible is in production this week in Germany. I commented to Charlie that for a moment, I toyed with the idea of not getting the car, but then I thought, hey what if I am really sick? I should have a real fun car if this could be my last car. I know, sick thought to be sure, but it did enter my mind. Anyway, it is exciting to know my car is being built right now. They originally said it would be here in August, but it was delayed two weeks, which means early September. I've waited all this time a few more weeks isn't such a big deal. But for, 'got to have what he wants at the precise moment he wants it Rod,' this is taxing my patience. LOL

I have to be at work at 7:30 AM tomorrow morning to get my interns all set up in a training class. Ugh.......I don't like mornings as it is, but having to be there at 7:30 is not a pleasant notion. Then we're meeting the husband of one of my best friends from my company for dinner tomorrow night. They live in Denver and his wife and I have worked closely for several years. One project had the two of us in Lexingtong, KY for 9 straight weeks and we joked that I had become her second husband. So, when he wrote and asked if we could meet him for dinner (we've never met him before), I wrote back saying I always wanted to meet my wifes first husband!! LOL

I'll be anxious to get back in the gym Wednesday. I hope this extra day off is actually beneficial for my muscles. I'm sure one extra day isn't going to hurt me anyway.

I hope everyone's having a nice Monday evening. Till tomorrow..........

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks to all for the hearty welcomes! Today I did the Batliptical (tm Lorelei) for about 20 minutes. I have no stamina, but I plan on adding a minute every time I''m on the thing until I can go for at least 45 minutes. Walked the dog a few times today for a mile each time, which makes me feel better about my performance on the Batliptical!

Eatingwise...golly I wish I didn''t love food so much. I had a nice veggie omelette made with Egg Beaters for brunch...only a tablespoon of cheese on there for flavor. My DH Charlie and I (I have one too, Rod!) went to our favorite sushi restaurant and since the place was empty, the chef was getting very creative and just having us try all sorts of different things. The great thing about sushi is that you never feel you''ve overeaten (that uncomfortable stuffed feeling). That''s also the bad thing...I could eat the stuff until the cows come home! I cut way back on the soy sauce, which is just liquid sodium to my body. (Delicious liquid sodium, though!)

Charlie and I are about to enjoy a little mindless tv...I made strawberry-rhubard frozen yogurt last night that is about 100 calories a serving and quite awesome, if I do say so myself, although neither Ben nor Jerry has to worry about me.

I am staying out of the scone-doughnut debate. There are no losers there.

DeeJay -- the Yoga Booty Ballet is of course now an empire, because heaven knows there''s a sucker like me born every minute. I have the original YBB, the Hip-Hob abs YBB, Callipso YBB, Bollywood YBB...you name it, they do it. Actually the routines vary from tape to tape, but fortunately, the cheesy narrative (i.e. "Stretch your hands up like your grasping the golden orb of the sun") is on all of them.

Skippy -- Thanks for the compliment. I hate having my picture taken, so that aspect of my wedding was a big ol'' issue. I''m so happy I don''t look dorky in a vast majority of them.

Aljdewey -- SO COOL about your pants! Hooray!

Rod -- I have been following your sagas with the health care system. I am so sorry you are dealing with all that nonsense and am glad the red tape seems to be clearing up. I''m sure it''s stressful having the tests looming over you, but you seem to have such strength of character that it''ll all work out. Having a healthy lifestyle will only make things that much easier, ya know? Hope that''s not too personal...I just feel like I sort of know people based on this thread.

Phoenixgirl -- I hear you about living life and teaching being on two separate tracks sometimes. We''re just used to packing so much into a day at work that sometimes we feel we have to do that in life as well. But it does pile up, no? I HATE it when people tell me I have the summer "off." Yeah right...that''s when I do everything I''ve put on my "to do" list for the last 10 months!

Ok, I''m off. I guess I''ll be the board''s Fro Yo Ho.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jas.........Not too personal at all and I appreciate your kind thoughts. I hope my healthier lifestyle pays good dividends when the test is actually scheduled, and they tell me there is nothing to worry about. But, if there is something to worry about, I also think my healthier body will do better for having become such a healthy place. It will just really upset me if I have to give up working out for an extended period of time. For example my doctor said after the biopsy, I won''t be allowed to work out in any way for a whole week. That''s going to be really tough for me. But I''ll survive that too.

Anway, thanks again!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 9:16:40 PM
Aww Mara, you know I have a weak spot for you! I'd always let you have which ever treat you wanted, even if it meant giving you my Tart Cherry Scone!!
See Rod, that is why we all like you; your just a big ole' sweetie pie. hehehe. Mara, I want a bite of your cherry scone. hehehe
Sorry about the insurance crap! You crack me up with your sushi place 1, 2 and 3.
2.gif
Rod, how is the BMW???? Is it here yet?

Mara, hubby loved the banana bran muffins; they are a hit!!! Whoooo hooo! Thanks friend; I am a hero here w/hubby. hehe

Kimberly I too home that the house is waiting for you!

Well, I went walking about 3 miles this evening; it is too hot. I like walking at 6 am but my cousin can't walk at that time. I did a lot of stretching to help w/the knee. It feels lots better.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I know what you mean, but the offers are still very tempting. I hate being an adult sometimes...I wish I could have people make decisions for me! The offers haven''t even phased John, he just told me because we have a "no secrets" policy. The houses we''ve found are really fantastic they have an amazing amount of character and are located in fantastic neighborhoods, which is exactly what I want, so that helps me continue to lean towards staying here at home in good ol'' San Diego.

Jas, I used to eat fro yo (I call it yoggie) every night. It''s pretty expensive so I''ve switched to Dreyers Slow Churned but it is still one of my very favorite treats.

So I spent 3 hours baking cupcakes and a cake and another 1.5 hours making dinner...I''m officially worn out!

We have tickets tomorrow night to see Avenue Q and I''m so looking forward to it as well as dinner beforehand at a restaurant that just reopened in a historical hotel in downtown SD. Should be a lot of fun.

Have a good rest of your Monday evening all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 10:24:49 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/9/2007 9:16:40 PM
Aww Mara, you know I have a weak spot for you! I''d always let you have which ever treat you wanted, even if it meant giving you my Tart Cherry Scone!!
See Rod, that is why we all like you; your just a big ole'' sweetie pie. hehehe. Mara, I want a bite of your cherry scone. hehehe
Sorry about the insurance crap! You crack me up with your sushi place 1, 2 and 3.
2.gif
Rod, how is the BMW???? Is it here yet?

Mara, hubby loved the banana bran muffins; they are a hit!!! Whoooo hooo! Thanks friend; I am a hero here w/hubby. hehe

Kimberly I too home that the house is waiting for you!

Well, I went walking about 3 miles this evening; it is too hot. I like walking at 6 am but my cousin can''t walk at that time. I did a lot of stretching to help w/the knee. It feels lots better.
Skippy, the BMW is just being built in Germany. It''s supposed to roll off the assembly line this Saturday, July 14, 2007 fully built. From there it get''s tested and prepped to be shipped across the big pond. Supposedly, it takes 6 weeks from rolling off the assembly line to it''s arrival in the US. We''re fortunate, that the boats from Germany arrive at the port of Jacksonville, FL., which is about 4.5 hours from Tampa. Once at the port, each manufacturer has their own final prep facility where the car is put through another battery of tests before being flat bedded to the dealership in Tampa, where it is gone over yet one more time before being delivered to me. So, I''m not supposed to even think about seeing the car before early September. At least it gives me something to look forward to.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 10:37:42 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Rod, I know what you mean, but the offers are still very tempting. I hate being an adult sometimes...I wish I could have people make decisions for me! The offers haven''t even phased John, he just told me because we have a ''no secrets'' policy. The houses we''ve found are really fantastic they have an amazing amount of character and are located in fantastic neighborhoods, which is exactly what I want, so that helps me continue to lean towards staying here at home in good ol'' San Diego.

Jas, I used to eat fro yo (I call it yoggie) every night. It''s pretty expensive so I''ve switched to Dreyers Slow Churned but it is still one of my very favorite treats.

So I spent 3 hours baking cupcakes and a cake and another 1.5 hours making dinner...I''m officially worn out!

We have tickets tomorrow night to see Avenue Q and I''m so looking forward to it as well as dinner beforehand at a restaurant that just reopened in a historical hotel in downtown SD. Should be a lot of fun.

Yet again demonstrating that you married a wonderful man. But, you knew that already, didn''t you!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 10:40:28 PM

Rod, I know what you mean, but the offers are still very tempting. I hate being an adult sometimes...I wish I could have people make decisions for me! The offers haven''t even phased John, he just told me because we have a ''no secrets'' policy. The houses we''ve found are really fantastic they have an amazing amount of character and are located in fantastic neighborhoods, which is exactly what I want, so that helps me continue to lean towards staying here at home in good ol'' San Diego.

Yet again demonstrating that you married a wonderful man. But, you knew that already, didn''t you!!
I do know that, but it''s great to be reminded!

I can''t wait for pictures of the new car...and to hear that you''ve been deemed to have a clean bill of health, which I know you will!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kimberly, I agree too! I also think John married a lovely kind lady so I can see why it does not phase him!!!
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 10:42:59 PM
Author: Skippy123

Kimberly, I agree too! I also think John married a lovely kind lady so I can see why it does not phase him!!!
9.gif
Let''s just admit that John and Kimberly are a pretty amzaing couple!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
For breakfast I had my cheerios, I had a 100 cal graham cracker snack at 10, a ww cheese ziti entrée and apple for lunch and a beef enchilada for supper. We went to the mall to buy a wedding gift and ended up getting us a new knife set. I wanted something I could run through the dishwasher; I was tired of my wooden handle knives. The new set has a block to set on the counter too. I went for a walk at work today and will do stretches before going to bed.
Thank you everyone for your continued support and celebrating with me about loosing some more weight.
Kimberly that is a great idea to eat a little bit more. I bet that will help you feel better soon. That is really nice you are finding houses you like. Sorry to hear about your husband getting job offers away from CA. I hope he gets some amazing job offers in CA. I’m with Rod to trust your gut instinct; I’m a firm believer in if it feels right or not.
Neatfreak, sorry the scale was a brat to you but I think maybe working out with weights built up some muscles. You’ve probably lost some inches instead of pounds and that’s a good thing too.
Jas, welcome and congratulations on your commitment to a healthier you. You’ve made terrific progress so far. Your Booty Ballet sounds pretty funny! Mmm, the wine comment worries me; I must go read that on Sparkspeople. I can’t get liquored up and talk a lot anymore. My husband will be SO sad because he says I’m so entertaining then. Adding a minute a day to your exercises is a great idea.
Joolskie, I think getting a dish for your gemstones is a great idea and that would be a wonderful reward for staying on track each week, to get new treasures to add to your dish. I like it a lot! And it’s not fattening either. Woo hoo! I like the idea of you cooking dinner with a friend. That makes it so much fun. We do that when we going camping with our friends. We each cook some of the food then we all eat together. I hope your faux chicken was good.
Rod, yeah for interns in training class. I love getting new help but it does take a lot of time training. Sorry to hear the insurance company is still being a pain. It is better to be safe than sorry though. Woo hoo to having your BMW in production this week. That is awesome. What color is it?
DeeJay, I hope your leg is feeling better. So it’s turning colors now? That’s always fun. I am delighted to hear you are out and about already though.
Skippy, my emails weren’t too bad only about 80 or so. I think a lot of people took a long weekend too. That is great you had a nice long walk tonight and your knee is so much better. I’m going to have to try the muffin recipe too.
Monarch, I’m glad you are enjoying time off right now relaxing and getting a lot of things done. I’m sure you’ll find the perfect job when it’s the right time.
Shortblonde, my quick weight loss with stop soon. I go through spurts where I lose about 6 to 8 pounds in about 1 or 2 weeks; then I don’t budge for about 3 weeks. During the 3 weeks though I loose inches. Bodies are strange things, aren’t they? I hope you kayaking blisters heal soon.
Gypsy, that is great your clothes are getting looser. I’m glad to hear your workout didn’t make you sore.
Mara, I’m with you on KK. I’d eat one in a heartbeat, of course we don’t have one in Wyoming. I love the plain old glazed donuts the best. We get them at the office maybe twice a year so I’m pretty safe not having one anytime soon. Enjoy your workout at home.
NYC, you must have had fun at your party if you have a hangover. I hope you feel better this evening.
AL, that is awesome you got in to your “skinny” jeans. That’s a nice feeling, isn’t it? Enjoy your new furniture.
PG, you were busy today. I usually like going back to work to rest up after a few days off. I always plan too many chores and errands on my days off.
I’ll agree that Kimberly and John are an amazing couple and seem like wonderful people.
I would also say all of you seem like pretty amazing people to me.
Have a great evening.
36.gif

Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree marcy, I think everyone is amazing!

Rod, I'm glad you decided to get the BMW because life is short and you should enjoy yourself!! As you well know hehee. I hear ya on the 7:30am thing...at least I can do my 7:30am calls from home during the week, I'd NEVER make it into the office by 7:30am...yikes!!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day! I am proud to report that I managed to only pick at a few donuts today, tearing off pieces of 3 diff ones (tiny pieces) which I figure amounted to like maybe 100 cals max and I got to 'taste' them and felt pretty good about it. Sure I could have easily eaten like all 3 I tasted...hehee..I just love donuts. But I remembered that I never feel very good after doing that so I managed to hold off hehee. I also reminded myself that I wanted to give my body more protein and not extra useless high-sugar carbs. So that helped mentally for sure.

After work came home and did my home workout which is basically like a kickboxing bootcamp kind of thing with diff exercises, jumping jacks, air kicks, a bit of pilates ab work, punch work, pushups etc. That was about 30 minutes. Then I made us the TJ enchiladas...I tried chicken this time and they were SUPER yummy. And 330 cals and 21g of protein. We also had spinach salads with cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, and TJ's ff balsamic. Yummy! For 'dessert' I did a protein shake with a 1/2 blend of chocolate peanut butter mix, the vanilla mix, almond milk, ice, fage, strawberries and blueberries. Love this shake...hehe. Now we are watching Pride and Prejudice which has been on TiVo for like a year or something....hehee.

Skippy, so glad hubby liked the muffins, mmm!!! My devils food pumpkin ones were quite well received at work as well hehehe.

Marcy, I really don't love KK necessarily but I love donuts...period. hehe. I actually like donuts from small hole in the wall mom and pop type places moreso than the chains...but those do in a pinch too. hehee. When Greg and I had our 2nd date we bonded after dinner at his apartment over conversation and a box of powdered white mini donuts! Ahhh and love was born. hehee.

Hope everyone had a great day today, and is looking fwd to tomorrow.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The sandwich was really good. We over grilled the sausage. They aren''t pork, and are fully cooked so just heating them through and giving them a couple of grill marks would have been enough. The peppers and onions were perfect with the spray. And the whole wheat pitas worked well with it. It was spicy and yummy. Two of them for 180 calories one whole wheat pita 160. 340. Veggies weren''t much, I''m thinking. So probably about 400 calories for the dinner.

And I had some fruit for dessert.

Feeling content and full.

I like the Amy''s chicken sausages. The next one I want to try, for in salads is their cranberry and brandy.

Yum!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, there is a local donut shop that has marvelous donuts but they are certainly more calories than KK since they are at least twice the size. My favorite donut is a chocolate frosted cake donut but I''d have to skip dinner if I ate one of those; it''s not worth it. That''s funny about bonding with Greg over powdered sugar donuts. Too cute. My husband and I bonded over a bag of M&M''s. I had a few friends over to watch the Holy Grail one night and he stayed afterwards and we talked till 4 a.m. And yes we did finish over the big bag of M&M''s. Aw, the things that make you fall in love, huh?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!!! I just hope that I don''t start dropping after my first dress fitting or else I''ll need to pay twice to have it altered!!!

Gypsy, those chicken sausages are GREAT. If you have a Trader Joe''s nearby also try the Applewood Farms Roasted Red Pepper ones. MMMMMMMMM.

Mara, I am a fellow donut whore!!! There is a fantastic local place right up the street from my apartment which I walk by almost everyday. The worst part about it is since I am in a college town it''s open till 2am! But their donuts are to die for and I can usually resist them. So it''s a nice treat every now and then.

It''s 6:30 here and I am bringing my friend to the bus station, so sad she''s leaving. Then I need to meet with my advisor at 7:45. Ugh. At least he''s super nice and I really like him even if it is an ungodly hour to meet.

Everyone have a great day!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Well, dinner last night was a smashing success. For the grown-ups anyway. LOL! We made chicken with peanut sauce from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks. As my friend is a vegetarian, we used Morningstar Farms faux chicken strips from the freezer aisle. The dish was really good. It has green peppers, carrots, chicken (faux or regular!), and peanuts stir fried with a sweet ginger/garlic sauce. We used Splenda instead of sugar. On the side, we served broccoli with soy sauce, garlic and a touch of olive oil.

My best friend''s husband is a computer programmer. He works from home three days a week and goes into the office (which is over an hour away) two days per week and comes home very late. Those two days are long ones for my friend as they have two small children. So, those are the days we try to combine forces and have double family dinners.

Today is a busy one for me. My older son has swimming lessons in the morning. Then we have a play date at a local park. In the afternoon, I have to work. Tonight, I am taking a *jewelry* making class. It is at our local beading store. I have taken the intro class and tonight I learn how to make loops. LOL!

My plan is to workout at home today. The kids will have nervous breakdowns if I try to take them to the gym after all the activities. I am going to use my elliptical machine and follow that up with some lunges, abs and arms using my hand weights.

I am now going to enjoy a small bowl of Kashi GoLean Crunch and a big glass of water.

9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the car''s color is called Montego Blue, which is a really bright almost electric blue. The interior will be two tone, Camel and Black. It should be super sharp!

I am so not a morning person. Never have been, never will be. I had to get up so early to be in the office at 7:30, but I made it and got my new team connected to the corporate training session this morning, so now I''m in my office reading emails and having my morning coffee.

Have a nice day everyone!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it will be fine my friend!

The car sounds super snazzy and we will need pics when you have them!

I will work out tomorrow, had a rest due to a touch of backache.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results