shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th July till 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, wow, what a day!!!! Hugs to you! Gosh when company's close it can be quite crazy; try and stay sane. Do you do yoga? It may help durning the next few stressful mo and also look for another job if you can (I think you are).

I am having a day because it is TTOM
14.gif
I am suppose to meet a friend but she wants me to go w/other firends to lunch and normally I would be game since I am social, but today I am NOT in the mood!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Marcyc, your change in body mass is incredible! I mean really, there''s no other word for it! I''m sure it took a long time to put on the weight so taking it off takes time as well, but the important thing is that you are doing it and having amazing and inspirational and life-saving results.

Gypsy, sorry about your bad day.
7.gif
take deep breaths . . . remember, work is work, it''s not your life. Take the meetings and crazy people as they come and enjoy dinner with your brother tonight . . . you deserve it!

OK, I walked 5.25 miles this morning and will walk another 1.5 miles this afternoon to go to the bank. I try to give myself one errand to do a day so at least I have a reason to leave the house and don''t just watch soap operas all day (well, really, I don''t watch soap operas but I can get sucked into a Biggest Loser or Clean House marathon if I''m not careful).

Thanks for the congrats all. I''m over it now. I know I look good, and DH obviously thinks so too. Mara, unlike your husband, mine doesn''t miss the roundness in my posterior (I was a triangle before so I think I was just dumpy, not curvy). He told me the other night that he''s never been with someone so skinny, so I accused him of cheating on me with lots of chubby women (J/K).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! happy thursday, woo hoo just one more day til friday.

gypsy, sorry to hear about your day from hell, just stay out of the chocolate bin and you'll be fine.
skippy, eewww TTOTM does suck for sure, i swear i didn't realize how good i had it that month or two that my period missed, i was in heaven (But also wondering wtf was up with my body hehe).
jas, lol re: the scale speaking to you. that is so why i stopped weighing myself. if i listened to what that scale said all the time i think i'd be in constant depression. i am much happier now that i stopped weighing myself for a while.
kimberly, today is a new day and i wouldn't let what happened trouble you anymore...cut yourself some slack.
pg, lol re: your hubby's comment, the other night greg told me he didn't marry a stick, and he likes the fact that i have gained a bit more shape back and am turning it into muscle. hehee.

breakfast this morning was kashi go lean with almond milk and blueberries and a few scrambled egg whites and coffee. i just now had a south beach chocolate crisp bar...i love these things...i actually need to go and get more. they come in caramel peanut butter, chocolate crisp, peanut butter chocolate, and probably another flavor i don't know about, but they are 210 cals, they are massive, like even bigger than luna bars, and carry 6g fiber and 19g protein. total bang for the buck and TASTY too, like a rice crispy chocolate caramel peanut butter treat. i like the luna bars but they are only 10g protein, 5g fiber and 180 cals...so the SB bars are bigger and way more protein for just 30 more cals. lunch is going to be a wheat pita pocket stuffed with hummus, peppered turkey, avocado, and spinach and probably a cup of some type of soup. snack is going to be fage and fruit.

i continue to see more positive changes in my ab area in my body, i am so jazzed. this higher protein thing is definitely paying off, along with my higher impact cardio stuff like the hiking and i guess the running. my body is STILL sore from the run the other day, and my abs and stuff are even more sore today than they were a day ago...go figure? it's just crazy though how much eating has to do with how one's body looks even if you do a ton of workouts. all i have basically done is added maybe another 100-150 cals per day into my 'during the week' routine and made the cals more protein. and chosen higher protein food items for things like breakfast, lunch, etc over processed carbs. on the weekends it's all pretty much fair game re: eating, but even just doing it during the week seems to make an impact.

anyhow hope everyone is doing well...!! have a great day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy, Pheonix, and Mara... I''ll stay out of the chocolate. I promise.

Dinner with my mother is an ordeal too... but there''s always a chance she''ll behave-- especially right now. We''ve been spending a lot of time together b/c she''s going in for major (life threatening) surgery next Thursday.

Ahh well, such is life. Thanks for letting me vent all and I''m sorry I''m not really replying to anyone''s posts. Just feeling a bit overwelmed the last couple of days wtih my boss being in this MOOD. Oh... and did I mention that I get to have lunch with her today. *YIKES*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I'm just popping in for 2 seconds before I have to bolt off again (MAN, I cannot WAIT for this week to be over!!). New low weight (down 23.5 lbs) despite the bacon cheeseburger (no bun!) and fries I had for lunch yesterday. Sometimes you just gotta live a little...
11.gif
(I had every intention of being "good" but as I sat there listening to what my client wanted in terms of a property, where he wanted it located, and what he expected to pay for it, I decided I would need a little *extra something* to get me through, LOL!)

Belated congrats to AL on the skinny jeans and happy anniversary!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 2:41:16 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OK, I''m just popping in for 2 seconds before I have to bolt off again (MAN, I cannot WAIT for this week to be over!!). New low weight (down 23.5 lbs) despite the bacon cheeseburger (no bun!) and fries I had for lunch yesterday. Sometimes you just gotta live a little...
11.gif
(I had every intention of being ''good'' but as I sat there listening to what my client wanted in terms of a property, where he wanted it located, and what he expected to pay for it, I decided I would need a little *extra something* to get me through, LOL!)

Belated congrats to AL on the skinny jeans and happy anniversary!!
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats brilliant Dee, congratulations!!!

There is still pantsy weather hanging around, which might have been contributing to my aching bones as Marcy noted, but they feel a bit better today. I got my workout with weed whacking in my fields as the sun was out briefly so I was able to do it. Tomorrow for sure I will work out properly.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt''ers! i am also having a crazy week (all day on-site meetings with our funders) and haven''t really had time to keep up with the thread, but i wanted to pop in and tell everyone to keep up the good work! my eating has been pretty good this week - i made the best smoothie last night with fage, almond milk, a nectarine and frozen blueberries - but i haven''t had too much time to exercise. i was planning to go to the gym last night but didn''t leave the office until almost 8pm and had a splitting headache at that point, so i decided to just cut my losses and go home. but i will be going today!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Way to go on the weight loss, DeeJay!

Mara, I''m feeling much more "zen" as you would say about the whole thing this afternoon. I was reminded by the teacher in our classroom that I am human and definitely not the first person to lose my temper with him. Deep breathes....he and I had a better day today.

Skip, I can''t imagine you in anything but a great mood.

I''m making ancho chile pork tacos w/ carmelized onions for dinner from a CL recipe, it looks good, we''ll see if it tastes good too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2007 4:32:07 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Way to go on the weight loss, DeeJay!

Mara, I''m feeling much more ''zen'' as you would say about the whole thing this afternoon. I was reminded by the teacher in our classroom that I am human and definitely not the first person to lose my temper with him. Deep breathes....he and I had a better day today.

Skip, I can''t imagine you in anything but a great mood.

I''m making ancho chile pork tacos w/ carmelized onions for dinner from a CL recipe, it looks good, we''ll see if it tastes good too!
Glad you are feeling more composed today Kim, I admire you so much for what you do.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Gypsy, I don''t know why I read it as dinner with your brother instead of your mother.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay DJ for continued weight loss even during the down time.

kimberly, glad to hear you are feeling more zen today..hehee.

so for lunch i ended up going to panera with my new coworker and my other coworker to get 'to-go'... i got chicken noodle soup which i love from there since their noodles are fat and doughy...and then came back and made my pita with turkey, dijon, spinach leaves and ff feta. also we stopped at peet's and i got an iced non-fat sugar free vanilla latte..yummy and protein in the milk!

did i mention i'm like almost more sore today than i was yesterday from my workout on tues? yikes!! i am doing a home workout tonite so at least i can tailor it to not pull anything crazy hehehe.

dinner will be TJ's pizzas...yummy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, every once in a while I am mean and today was the day. hehehe. I am over it; it was funny because as soon as I saw my friend my meaness melted away. My friend is one of those people that makes you laugh no matter what!!! Have fun making tacos, yum!

I found some lights too! Yay! I went to the ABQ Lighting and they showed me catalogs and wrote them down and then asked what happens if I order something and I don't like it? They told me the sale is final. I was annoyed but sort of understood. Well I did a search on the internet and found the same lights for half the price and I can return them for a restock fee!!! Yay, me!

Dee you are my hero
3.gif

Mara, I will have to look into those South Beach bars.

Lorelei, I hope the rain stops!

Shortblonde, your smoothie sounds yummy! Happy workout!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Am I crazy? I'm thinking about ordering one of those inversion tables that stretch out your back. I upped my weights with the Firm to 10 lbs., and my back and neck have been tight. I just feel like if I could hang mostly upside down for a bit, I'd feel better. I can get one for $135 from Amazon. Or do I just need a good massage?

I think I've become paranoid because my yoga guru neighbor whom I sort of idolize (she was my professor in college so I think it's the transition from student to peer) keeps talking about how your posture indicates whether or not you're healthy. And with the tightness I need to slouch to be comfortable. But she also believes in Horoscopes, so perhaps I shouldn't worry about it.

I think I'm going to get one. Any reason I shouldn't? Thanks!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to check back in and say YAY! I decided I needed a bit of a refocus this afternoon and instead of school I hit the elliptical. It was a short workout (25 minutes) but it felt really good.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 7:57:27 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Just wanted to check back in and say YAY! I decided I needed a bit of a refocus this afternoon and instead of school I hit the elliptical. It was a short workout (25 minutes) but it felt really good.
Yay!!!! Glad you are zen!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening friends. It''s been an uneventful day in the ongoing effort to lead a moderately healthy lifestyle. I did my twenty-one minutes on the Batlliptical. We got a refurbished one, supposedly one that is used in physical therapy situations....but I swear Level One and Level Five feel exactly the same in terms of resistance. Which means either the machine is messed up, or I am. Insert your own joke here.
I had a rather large bowl of Cheerios and soy milk for breakfast, a Michaelina''s Light lunch, and the world''s most boring salad for dinner. My body was like, "Oh, cruciferous vegetables, come to me and let me love you." My Charlie and I split a Dunkin''s Iced Coffee, which was quite lovely. Even lovelier when I realized that since we have DD coffee at home, I could make it myself. Which I did. There''s a big ol'' pitcher in the fridge, waiting for tomorrow morning!
Other than that, the most exciting part of my day was going through new curriculum and giving all my dishtowels and Microfiber cloths a good ol'' wash.
Skippy -- Four miles last night is awesome! Way to go! Sorry for the TOTM grumpies, but I''m so not surprised that you don''t stay down long!
Gypsy -- Best wishes in terms of your mom''s surgery. I hope everything went all right at lunch with the boss. She sounds like a real peach. No, not peach...what''s the word I''m thinking of? Ends with the same last two letters...it''ll come to me.
DeeJay -- Yea! I''m doing the low weight boogie on your behalf!
Kimberly -- So glad today was better. Your dinner sounds SO GOOD!
Phoenix -- All that walking is great! And your DH''s compliment was so sweet! I have absolutely no experience with the inversion tables, so I''m no help there.
Mara -- Your meals are always so inspirational! Hope the achiness wears off soon.

Hope all of you enjoy a marvelous, peaceful evening. DH is off playing poker, so I''m going to take a long, contemplative walk with my spazzy puppy and try to figure out some mysteries of life. Or mysteries of Cinnamon Life. Whichever.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looooong day, so sorry if I miss responding to anyones thread today.

First I have to agree with Mara again that you dear Kimberly deserve saint hood and you should not be mad at yourself for getting upset with the boy. Glad you were able to take out some of your frustration on the elliptical today.

Marcy, I'm not teaching 20 people, I'm teaching a group of 5, twenty-something people. No offense to anyone here in their 20's, but man it's not easy keeping everyone's attention for 8 straght hours. Today I was teaching them about deep internet searches and creating boolean search strings. Boring stuff to say the least, but absolutely necessary for a recruiter to be successful in today's on-line web enabled world. And they all looked like dear caught in headlights no matter how simple I tried to make the example seem. Oh well, they'll either get it, or they'll sink. I hope they get it.

Jas, I had to laugh at your foot in mouth example with the parakeet running away with the iguana!! Rod has on more than one occassion put his foot, ok, both feet in his mouth.......LOL

Lorelei.....enough with the pantsy weather. Put those horses on a ship, and you and your hubbie should come here where the sun shines more than it doesn't.

So, you got that I spent another fun filled day locked in the conference room with my interns. They're doing well, but man, will Rod ever be happy when tomorrow is over. Someone else is panting for the week to end too, but can't seem the find the post. Was iit you DeeJay?

I was happy to hit the gym again tonight. And it was extra hot in there tonight. I don't think the A/C is working right, so trust me when I say that as hard as I work out, I was more than sopping wet when I finished my run on the elliptical. People were complaining, so they'd better do something about keeping it a bit cooler.

Other than that, there's little else to report. I ate very healthy as usual. But tomorrow's Friday and that means Sushi, a Sapporo and a scone for my beginning of the weekend treat. WOO HOO!!

PS: I've worked for bosses like that Gypsy. It's not worth the aggravation, IMHO. Sorry your boss is a witch. No one should have to work for a wicked person. Never. Ever!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, sounds like everyone is doing a great job with the healthy eating and exercise! YAY!

Well, still on the scale boycott. I think I''ll break it on Monday and see where I am, if anywhere lol. I realized that I stupidly did not take measurements before I started working out, but I did today. So I''m unsure where I started, but since I am not seeing scale results, maybe I''ll see measurement results.

One question to all you successful WWT''s: What the heck do you do when eating out????

Now, I know that many restaurants have calorie counts, and that''s great. But what do you do when you literally have NO idea? For example, for lunch today I had jamaican jerk chicken (about 1 breast) and maybe 1.5 cups of rice with some red beans in it. Now, I didn''t eat the skin of the chicken, and most recipes for jerk chicken online seem to be healthy. But how the heck do you guesstimate?? And the rice? I have NO idea if it had oil in it or not. I asked the guy serving it up, but he had no idea how it was made except to tell me that there wasn''t a lot of oil gathering at the bottom. Gee thanks.

I should explain that these are street cart type operations, so it''s not like I can ask them to make it with less oil, or even ask the "chef" how it''s made, because they aren''t there. I ate very very healthy the rest of the day, so I''m not too worried about it, but I just have NO idea if I had a 600,800, or 1200 cal lunch!!!

What are YOUR strategies? Share please!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
neatfreak, i try not to eat out for lunch unless i have a good idea of what i am eating. a lot of chain places have their nutritionals online but yeah you don''t know about things like oils at all, or butters or if things have mayo in the sauce etc. tomorrow i am going to a falafel/greek place with my coworkers but i usually get the wrap which is lavash bread, lettuce, tomato, tahini sauce, and sauteed chicken breast. i know it''s very healthy as the chicken is not oily at all, sometimes dry in fact...but i won''t really eat the bread since i am doing less carbs. but if the chicken was super oily i probably wouldn''t eat there again. you can typically ask them HOW they prepare the meat or rice but yeah sometimes they don''t know. the other day when i went to japanese and got a bento i asked the girl how the chicken was cooked and she was confused...but eventually came back and told me it was grilled then teriyaki sauce was put on it. i know teriyaki has some sugars and salt in it but it''s not HORRIBLE. however the chicken breast was thigh meat which i know has more fat and cals than breast. and it had fat hanging off it so i just ate the lean pieces. sometimes with rice you can tell if it was cooked in oil or butters or coconut milk, it tastes better when it''s cooked in something like that. if it just tastes like starchy rice, then most of the time it probably isn''t cooked with things. but if it''s light and fluffy, chances are a bit of butter or oil makes it separate like that. but yeah you just have to estimate. i just try to make the best choices i can and leave it at that, and not eat out daily. i try to do like 3-4 days of eating in the office so i know what i am consuming, then maybe 1-2 days of eating out at places i feel okay with. on the weekends when we go out for our splurge dinners, i really don''t pay much attn to what i eat, as it''s my free time. BUT yeah sometimes if stuff comes and it''s dripping with oil or similar, i pat off the grease or i might ask for my meat to be grilled with no oil etc.

anyway, everyone sounds like they are doing well...rod glad you had a good albeit drippy workout. so funny about the 20 somethings, my sister is totally like how you are mentioning, short attention span hehee. kim glad you feel extra zen after your workout.

so i ended up having a bunch of trail mix again for snack today, sometimes i just crave that stuff, and i always eat too much of it. i know it''s good fat but man. at least i am almost done with it and then i just have to stop buying it! hehee. at least it was high in protein and fiber. came home and worked out with my home workout for about 35-40 minutes, it felt good to actually work out my sore legs...gosh at first i was like ow ow but by the end it felt really good to loosen them up a bit and warm them up. i also did some pilates and ab work and arm work as well. i''m starting to get nice and toned, i put on my bikini when i got home today and even after the trail mix gorging, i was looking pretty good, and honestly i think i look BETTER now than i did when i was the 5 lbs thinner and at my smallest. the reason is that i am more toned and tan and i just look more healthy than thin. and i highly think it''s my workout schedule and higher protein and less carbs. so yay for that. we are going to a pool party this wkd so i was hoping i''d be happy with the bikini results and i am jazzed that i am. now if i can just maintain, as we''ll be in vegas for a work thing (and i''ll get some pool time) in a week and a half and then a week after that, in my bikini 24/7 for 4 days in palm springs!! all this traveling makes me leery of being able to keep good eating going on, but i will just have to do my best and keep hiking in the meantime!!

for dinner we were going to have pizzas but greg had pizza for lunch and then i was thinking i should eat more lightly for dinner since i am really not even hungry thanks to the trail mix. so i made some TJ''s chicken drumettes for greg for dinner with asparagus, and some wasabi honey mustard for dipping...and for myself i am going to have a TJ''s chili chicken lime burger (110 cals and 15g protein) and an egg white scrambled with a bit of 2% cheese some salsa (~150 cals). lots of protein and low on cals...!! then for ''dessert'' i''ll do some fage most likely. i had SO much fiber yesterday that today i was feeling a little weird but i drank a ton of water today so i feel much better now.

anyhow, hope everyone had a great day...tomorrow is friday, YAY!!! i have a horribly busy saturday and then we have the race on sunday so tomorrow night greg is going to hike with me and then we''ll have a relaxing dinner on our own, probably indian or burgers or something...and then on saturday night we''ll relax since we''ll be going all day long, and then sunday morning we''ll do our race. then we are going to a local art and wine festival with our neighbors in the late afternoon. should be a fun weekend but busy again! it never ends, and with all this traveling i am going to be doing soon, wow i am tired just thinking about it.

have a great night all..!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello friends and fellow health seekers.
35.gif

I tiptoed in to the bathroom this morning, tapped my scale to get it calibrated and said “oh look” while pointing to the hallway and the scale gods ran out to see what I was pointing at. They aren’t too bright, you know! Anyway, I was able to get a better reading than yesterday. I lost 4/10 of my 6/10 pound so I am now closing in on 110 pounds again. Yeah!
I had cheerios and strawberries for breakfast, sourdough bread with peanut butter for lunch with baked Doritos, for supper I made cheeseburger logs, baked potatoes and peas. My cheeseburger logs are a favorite from when I was a kid. They are like mini meat loafs. I used 93% lean hamburger and 2% cheese so they are about 200 cals each. I baked those today so my husband has some leftovers for lunch.
Jas, I’m with you. We need to find someway to appease those scale gods. Maybe we could sacrifice some hot brownies or something. It’s not like you actually ate 7000 calories! Now that I’m used to eating less food my stomach can''t handle much food at once. But yes, Scarlett we can worry about that tomorrow! I like your posts; they are very entertaining!
PhoenixGirl, I agree with Jas that many people are hesitant to say something in case you are sick or something is wrong. My husband has had a lot of people ask him if I’m okay. It sounds like you had some incredible walks today. Thank you for the kind words about my BM change. It’s all kind of mind boggling to me but you are right I’ve had a dramatic change and this will certainly help save my life.
Skippy, I am sure my weight will come right back off; thank you for reinforcing my belief. I am glad to hear you are taking the day off from walking. It’s nice to have a break now and then. Glad your mood melted away by spending some time with your friend.
Kimberly, lucky you for finishing your work week today and your class tomorrow! That’s great you had a nice workout tonight.
Gypsy, sorry you are having such a bad day. Sorry the people at work are such a PITA. I’m glad to hear you won’t be needing a chocolate IV though.
Mara, that is amazing to hear how the change in your diet and exercise has made such a dramatic difference in your body. It’s working great for you. Congratulations. I pick the cashews out of trail mix, that’s my favorite.
DeeJay, the week is almost over. Yeah for being at an all time low weight. Yes, you do have to enjoy burgers and fries every now and then.
Lorelei, glad to hear your achy bones feel better and that the sun came out today. I’m setting here with ice bags on my achy feet. I’m still a little achy from walking so much this past week.
Hi Shortblonde. I think crazy weeks have been going around. My nails are HORRID and I haven’t had a chance to do them since Sunday. I’m down to the last 3 weeks of school and everyone is turning in a lot of papers to grade.
Rod, I guess I misread your post about how many people you are training. 5 is so much better than 20. My job is very high on attention to detail – Oops! I hope they get the AC fixed at your gym. That would be miserable. We used to go walk around the track at a gym at the local air base and they did not have AC. It way only fun in the winter.
Neatfreak, many restaurants have info online so I try to pick what I want to eat ahead of time if we are going out. There are several calorie websites online that will also offer a generic calorie count for most things and I always overestimate what I eat if I don’t know. Unless it''s something like a taco, I cut whatever I order in ½ the minute I get it and eat only one half. My husband often gets dessert so I eat about 3 or 4 bites then have him put the plate in front of him so I won''t be tempted to eat anymore. We eat out quite a bit so this seems to work well for me. I stick a lot of salads with baked or mashed potatoes and grilled meats. I always request butter or dressing on the side so I can control how much of that gets on my food.
Well, take care. Have a great evening. Tomorrow is Friday!
36.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day on average...sorry Gypsy you had a sucky day re. your boss!

Jas, your posts are hilarious. What does "squicky" mean, btw? LOL!

Dee, wow! You are doing great on the weight loss, it''s funny how quickly it falls off in fits and spurts, isn''t it. Those fries sounded like a tasty treat, I''m jealous!

Skippy, great job on the 4 mile walk! You know, even perky gals have their "off" days, don''t worry about it. You are allowed to be a little less "Skippy/happy/fantabulous " sometimes!

shortblonde, you''re doing wonderfully, your almond milk smoothie sounds delish! I need to pick up some almond milk, thanks for jogging my memory!

phoenix, awesome job on the two walks, Wow! It''s time consuming, I know, but well worth-it, your body will definitely thank you for those miles! On people not commenting on your weight loss, I''m with jas, I always seem to stick my foot in my mouth so I just usually don''t comment on the whole subject of weight. I''m guessing your friends felt that way too...don''t let it get you down.

Kimberly, even Saints are human sometimes! I hope you are feeling better about the situation now. Good for you for getting in a good workout tonight, though, that was a great remedy for the stress you were under.

Rod, i bet you''re such a good teacher! I''m sure your students will "get it" with your guidance. I can definitely tell you''re looking forward to your weekend, lol!

Mara, glad the higher protein intake is working so well for you! You have me checking labels more now for protein content. My Morningstar spicy black bean "burgers" have 12g each at just 140 calories. I think I need to work harder on getting more protein in my diet especially as a veggie. I''m having a bit of trouble right now, I used to eat nuts but they''re not really conducive to braces so I will look for an alternative this week, i.e. natural PB or maybe almond butter or something. And LOL on Greg''s comment that he didn''t marry a stick...my DH has remarked more than once that he did marry a lighter gal and wth happened? (jokingly and lovingly, of course, and I take no offense as I gained the weight myself without being coerced.)

Neatfreak, as far as knowing caloric content of every single thing I eat when dining out...I don''t. And I really don''t stress out about it too much, I just try to make an educated guess. For example, rice I know has a high amount of calories per serving, so I would try to eat about 1/4 cup serving of that (and normally you get a HUGE) portion of rice wherever you go. Beans are pretty much the same, high calories but lots of fiber and protein, so same on that serving size. I would figure a half cup of rice and beans would be give or take 300 calories, and that''s a conservative estimate not knowing how they were prepared. The chicken you could guesstimate if you took into consideration whether it was dark meat or light, skin/no skin, and how it was prepared, I think. I tend to try to overestimate how many calories I consume when dining out just so I can make up for them later, though. It''s not as if I can live my life only eating at chain restaurants who have their nutrition info posted online, ya know?

Marcy, yay for getting closer to 110lb loss again! So glad you joined this thread, I''m excited to see your continuing progress.
35.gif

I had a very productive day today, sent in some resumes and filled out many online apps. My blisters still are not quite healed so I mainly hung out in flip flops, did a little organizational work around the house, but was pretty bored by about 4. I took my SUV to the car wash (not typical, I usually pay a ridiculous amount to have it cleaned and waxed at one of the places around here), vacuumed the whole thing and then came home and detailed the inside myself. It was rather enjoyable, and it looks SO nice again. The interior is all black and we have a terrible dust problem here due to quarry mining closeby so it was really dirty inside, but I fixed that! After I cleaned it, I decided I didn''t want to park my freshly washed baby in a dirty garage so I pulled out both mine and DH''s vehicles and proceeded to re-organize and sweep out the entire garage.
6.gif
I worked up a nice amount of perspiration, and the whole process took me about 45 minutes. DH was super impressed, as I don''t usually get into projects like that! My poor nails are a wreck now, but pushing and pulling the big broom around was quite the workout and calorie burner!

Nothing exciting on the eating front today, just had half a canteloupe for breakfast, some ff cottage cheese for a mid-morning snack, leftover pasta salad for lunch, and a LC for dinner and slice of WW bread with apple butter for dessert. Tomorrow will hopefully bring some more exciting cuisine...I just didn''t feel like doing anything "fun" today!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monarch. I am really glad I joined this group too. I think I''m definitely the "biggest" person of the group and have probably lost the most weight so far. Heck, I probably have more weight to loose than most of you had to loose when you started your diets. However I am as excited for you guys going from size 8 to 6 jeans as I am for getting small enough to buy clothes in ANY store. I was getting worried talking about my diet at work for fear I was boring people to death. This WWT group is great because we all focus on our progress (and occasional setbacks) and offer a great support group for each other. I really look forward to reading about everyone''s day and their progress on pursuing a healthy lifestyle. That is great you got out some resumes today and filled out jobs online. Isn''t technology great? I sure hope your blisters get better soon. Enjoy your clean car. My car was clean for about 5 days but got rained on today. Rats.

Take care everyone.
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2007 1:42:24 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi Monarch. I am really glad I joined this group too. I think I''m definitely the ''biggest'' person of the group and have probably lost the most weight so far. Heck, I probably have more weight to loose than most of you had to loose when you started your diets. However I am as excited for you guys going from size 8 to 6 jeans as I am for getting small enough to buy clothes in ANY store. I was getting worried talking about my diet at work for fear I was boring people to death. This WWT group is great because we all focus on our progress (and occasional setbacks) and offer a great support group for each other. I really look forward to reading about everyone''s day and their progress on pursuing a healthy lifestyle. That is great you got out some resumes today and filled out jobs online. Isn''t technology great? I sure hope your blisters get better soon. Enjoy your clean car. My car was clean for about 5 days but got rained on today. Rats.

Take care everyone.
35.gif
Marcy, it is a great outlet for those of us with like-minded interests! I know, it is hard being on a "diet" within the professional atmosphere and it seems that either co-workers can be inspired by someone like us who is health-minded or deterred because they don''t feel like making changes or whatever, so it is really nice to come here and talk away about all kinds of health/fitness/eating/body issues whether they are positive or negative, as well as whatever else is going on in life.

Not sure, but I think there may be a few other WWTr''s who are in the 100lbs. lost club along with you...I don''t want to name names if I am wrong, though. If you check back through previous threads you will probably find them, or maybe they will see our posts and say hello!

Last year I did the Avon Walk and one of my teammates was a gal who''d lost 164 lbs. in four years. She was such an inspiration, not just because of her weight loss, but because of her positive attitude and can-do-it mentality. I had such a great time walking with her.

I will probably get to enjoy my clean car for about two more days; DH and I are taking it to the Nascar race on Sunday and I''m sure it will get trashed then as we will be tailgating that morning and coolers/food/clean cars don''t make for a neat combination, lol! Oh well, it will give me something to do next week I guess! See you tomorrow friend!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2007 10:32:54 PM
Author: neatfreak
Hi all, sounds like everyone is doing a great job with the healthy eating and exercise! YAY!

Well, still on the scale boycott. I think I''ll break it on Monday and see where I am, if anywhere lol. I realized that I stupidly did not take measurements before I started working out, but I did today. So I''m unsure where I started, but since I am not seeing scale results, maybe I''ll see measurement results.

One question to all you successful WWT''s: What the heck do you do when eating out????

Now, I know that many restaurants have calorie counts, and that''s great. But what do you do when you literally have NO idea? For example, for lunch today I had jamaican jerk chicken (about 1 breast) and maybe 1.5 cups of rice with some red beans in it. Now, I didn''t eat the skin of the chicken, and most recipes for jerk chicken online seem to be healthy. But how the heck do you guesstimate?? And the rice? I have NO idea if it had oil in it or not. I asked the guy serving it up, but he had no idea how it was made except to tell me that there wasn''t a lot of oil gathering at the bottom. Gee thanks.

I should explain that these are street cart type operations, so it''s not like I can ask them to make it with less oil, or even ask the ''chef'' how it''s made, because they aren''t there. I ate very very healthy the rest of the day, so I''m not too worried about it, but I just have NO idea if I had a 600,800, or 1200 cal lunch!!!

What are YOUR strategies? Share please!
1.gif
NF it is rare I eat out, so I tend to have what I want when I do
11.gif
, but one good tip I read was to keep your meal sizes to no more than you could hold in your 2 cupped hands, this gives a good idea of portion control.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, the lady you walked with who lost 164 pounds sounds like an amazing woman. I am always glad to hear about such success stories. The best part about PS and the WWT thread is that I know everyone here is interested in the 2 most exciting things in my life; diet and jewels - the candy that's not fattening.
36.gif

I would be excited to hear if there was anyone here or lurking that has lost over 100 pounds. I have gone through as many of the old threads as I can when I have time but I know I've only found small bits of info about everyone. I just know that all of you are amazing and have accomplished so much already. The fact we are here and constantly trying to maintain and improve ourselves is wonderful. I really appreciate having so many wonderful cyber friends to talk to about my diet.

Lorelei, I like your suggestion on portion size when eating out. That will work great for me. Thanks, lady!

Have a great day!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All and Happy Friday!

Dinner was yummy last night, and so easy. I''ll have to post it in the recipe thread. It took all of 20 minutes to make.

A friend is in town from NorthernCA for the day with her baby, he has an MD appt, so I''m meeting up with her at her BILs place for dinner. I haven''t seen her or the little guy in six months and am so excited! I miss my girlfriends so much and it''s going to be great to get to spend some time with her. We''re going to walk to dinner and then spend some time down on the beach.

Rod, John cracked me up last night he said "If we lived in Tampa I''d go have Sapporo with Rod while you''re out with [your friend]." To which I replied, "They have Sushi on Fridays" (neither of us eats Sushi) and he says "I bet they serve cooked fish too." It was pretty funny.

Jas, I see your looking at curriculum for the next year, did you find a new job?

NF, I eat lunch out as rarely as possible. And if I do I figure out calories online. I spurge two nights a week but the rest of the time I keep a mental tally of my calories and don''t veer much from eating soups, quesadillas (little cheese, lotsa salsa, small tortillas), frozen meals and protein bars for lunch.

Marcy, I''m not quite in the 100 lb. or more club. I initially lost 68 lbs. 5 years ago. I gained 5 of it back over time and then lost 12-13 more for a total of 75 or so lbs. You add so much to this thread, I''m so glad you''ve joined.

Have a morning all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning friends
35.gif

Rod, I bet you are a great teacher; yay this is Friday (your last day and sushi night)
9.gif
. I do admire teachers because it takes a lot to be up there enriching minds! Kudos teachers.

Jas, yah for the Elliptical Bat Woman!
2.gif

Neatfreak, yum to the jerk chicken!

Mara, yay for not eating a big dinner. Your race will be here before you know it whooo hooo!

Marcy, yay for the scale moving in the right direction!

Monnie, yay for cleaning that and job hunting. I was laughing because I told you the Biltmore not the Broadmoor. I went to the Biltmore and told DiamondSeeker since she lives close by and I guess I was still stuck on the Biltmore. hehehe. The Broadmoor is beautiful!

Kimberly, I am looking forward to your recipe!!! Have fun meeting up w/your friend and her baby!

I am off to mow our lawn.
9.gif

Tomorrow my cousin and I are meeting at 6 for a walk
3.gif

35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning to all! Great to read all the progress
36.gif

We continue to melt here, which is somehwat of a deterrant to exercisng outside--so I walk in the evenings to get the cobwebs out. Today I got on my exercise bike and rode quite hard; probably the hardest I''ve done since my surgery; but I can handle it. I feel like my legs are turning to bratwurst and therefore need to "get going"!!!
9.gif
I''ve increased my arm weights to 2 pounds each with the hope of continuing to build my pecs--slowly but surely. Not as sore as before, so that is conforting.

Have a good w/e folks!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, yay to the bike ride. I am glad you are healing; praying you heal quick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results