shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th July till 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...or early afternoon for some!! sounds like everyone is doing well, which is awesome, happy friday!

not too much new to report...breakfast was kashi go lean with sliced strawberries and fresh blueberries, almond milk mixed with fat free milk, coffee. snack was 4oz of fresh blueberries, and a little torn off 1/5 piece of a chocolate donut. lunch is going to be a grilled chicken mediterranean wrap on lavash with tomato, lettuce, tahini.

greg and i are doing a hike this evening...and then i think we are going to grab mexican. not sure if we'll want to do a sit down after the hike so we might just grab a burrito from one of our fave places and take it home and relax. tomorrow i have a really full day, am meeting friends in SF at 10:45am and then at 3pm we have a friend's bday bbq so i'll be on the go all day...we figure we'll do another low key dinner at home tomorrow night and prep for the race on sunday morning. i'm still a bit sore today so it will be good to hike off some of the lactic acid in the muscles for sure but without overdoing it!

am very happy to say that i am wearing my paige picos in my smaller size today, woo hoo for slightly smaller hips again. love these jeans. hope everyone is having a great day and looking fwd to a fun evening and a nice weekend!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gang, man I miss you all and keeping up with what''s going on. not much time for me to do any more than say a quick hello and hope everyone has a great weekend.

oh, I did get to try the wow cow at a local dairy dip here. I had a kids cone that was vanilla/mocha toffee something swirl. I really liked it, too bad no one sells it in nashville yet...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t work out today (decided to give my back a rest . . . feel much better now), so all I can offer is an anecdote from yesterday''s walk . . .

I was passing a swanky apartment building (doorman and all that) and came up behind a woman who was entering it. She was dressed like a hip college student, very casually, but she was holding a big wad of twenties in her hand and was talking on her cellphone. When I looked at her arm I realized that she was much older than she appeared by what she was wearing . . . she was obviously closer to 40. As I came around past her she didn''t flinch at all or try to hold her money closer to her, which I definitely would have done.

And I thought, "OMG, she is a prostitute!" I mean, just because you dress younger than you look and casually hold a big wad of cash and enter a swanky apartment building doesn''t mean you''re a member of the world''s oldest profession, but that was just my hunch.

So what do you think?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi guys and gals! (Or should I say gals and guy?) I''m back! So much has happened. We went on vacation for a week to my in laws lake place and it was really fun - although a lot of in law time and a few near-arguments thankfully diverted. We don''t always see eye to eye but we get along well overall. I ate really healthy and exercised and hoped to lose weight while there but I didn''t. IN fact when I came home the scale was up 2 lbs!! but it came back off right away so probably just fluid retention or something from traveling. This week I started my new job, and I really like it! It is probably my best first week of a new job, ever. Some things about this job are going to be a little boring, but the perks more than make up for it - really nice boss and coworkers, flexible schedule, ability to work from home sometimes, and no micro-managing - as long as I am getting my work done, my boss doesn''t care when/where I am doing it. YAY!!!! So I am really glad I accepted this job rather than the other offer I had which was slightly better paying but WAY more stressful. My job is project based, and this project lasts 3 years which I think is perfect.

So anyway, the scale is still being stubborn, I am at my lowest (since starting to lose weight) but that''s still only 20.5 lbs in over a year. At least it is moving in (generally) the right direction albeit super slow.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone on the tips. I guess the consensus is just don''t go there if I can avoid it! But these places are soooo much yummier than the chains that are around campus, so I guess I will just suck it up and try to make good choices.

Today has been a very blah day. Not too much work to do this week, and FI is gone all summer, so it''s a little lonely here. It''s hard going from a twosome to a single even if it''s just for a few months.

I did exercise this morning and have been eating pretty healthy all day, although I did go a little nuts with the cherries today, I think I probably ate two pounds. But it could have been worse like 2 lbs of chocolate cake!
3.gif

I will probably take the pooch out for a long walk tonight to avoid getting the munchies this evening at home.

Everyone keep up the good work and have a great night!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2007 6:13:56 PM
Author: neatfreak
I did exercise this morning and have been eating pretty healthy all day, although I did go a little nuts with the cherries today, I think I probably ate two pounds. But it could have been worse like 2 lbs of chocolate cake!
3.gif
HI:

So did I! That would make my total about 10 pounds since they came out this summer--they are addicting!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday All!

I finished teaching the interns by early afternoon, and then challenged then to show me if they actually learned anything, and to my surprise and pleasure, some of what I was imparting actually stuck!! "By George, I Think They Got It!" Then, I had three days of emails and phone calls of my own to return, so the day actually went by quite quickly. I ate healthy as usual, and started my day with the usual big bowl of fresh fruit Charlie makes us every single night, Bless Him!! Every night, he makes a bowl of fruit for both of us that includes, blueberry, raspberry, banana, pineapple, kiwi, blackberry, strawberry and other seasonal fresh fruits. I've grown so fond of my morning bowl of fruit that to not have it seems just wrong. For lunch, I had grilled chicken and yellow rice with fruit salad (yummy) from Le Petit Bistro. I got so busy, I didn't have a snack this afternoon, which isn't good as I try to make sure I always eat something else around th 3 - 4 time frame. Then we had our regular ("thank you for waiting") Sushi night at Sushi fav #1. Followed of course by a cup of coffee and a Tart Cherry Scone (my weekend opening treat!) from Panera. Though I did think of you Mara and how many calories were in my scone and then I thought, so what, I so deserve this!! Then we came home, put on our swimming suits and sat in the spa and swam in the pool while the sun was setting and coloring the clouds such beautiful colors of pink and purple.

Kimberly, I loved that John would have thought he might like to enjoy a Sapporo with us on a Friday night. I'm betting we'd have a great time with him. And at our Sushi spot, they may not have much cooked fish, but they certainly have some of the best Tempura I've had, so if John doesn't do Sushi, he might like the Tempura, or they do have some cooked dishes, like chicken and beef. Tell John your room is ready at the Rod and Charlie Inn anytime you're ready to come on down!!

Marcy, I agree so with you that our family here on the WWT is the best. How lucky can we get to have so many people who are working towards becoming healthy and fit and who will listen to us go on about ourselves and applaud the progress we make every single day. Lucky indeed are we!!

We miss you too Mrssalvo, but hope you are enjoying yourself!!

Welcome back Gail. How nice that you had a good time with the in-laws (sometimes not the easiest of feats) and that you are enjoying your new job so much.
36.gif

Phoenix, I laughed at your Sex and the City question so much!! If it walks like a duck, has feathers like a duck and sounds like a duck, there's a good chance it was a duck!! LOL
31.gif
13.gif

Enjoy the hike and burriot Mara and Greg! And YAY for the race tomorrow Mara. Maybe you should walk 1/2 run 1/2!!

I'm going to sleep until I can't sleep any longer tomorrow morning. Then we'll have our fruit and head to the gym for our Saturday workout. We've taken a little break from our trainer as we needed to catch up a bit financially from me not working for a few months. The training sessions are scheduled to begin again on the 28th, so we get a couple more Saturday's to sleep in (such a luxury). Then we're going to see what's on sale at the Nordstrom hallf annual sale we got a card about in the mail about. I'd really like to just get a couple more fitted t-shirts like the one we got on the 4th. I can't believe I'm saying this, but when I wore my new more form fitting t-shirt I felt like a MILLION dollars and when I saw my reflection in a window I had to do a double take and think, Wow.......that's me, and that's what 20 months of working out really hard in the gym has done. I mean really, Rod has never worn a more fitting t-shirt in his life before. So, maybe a couple more form fitting t-shirts might be OK.

Finally, I'm still battling the stupid insurance comany over the stupid pre-existing condition clause. But, I think I may have won the battle today as I was finally able to provide them the documentation which proves beyond a shadow of doubt that I never had a lapse in insurance that exceeded 63 days. Since that's true, they can not (BY FEDERAL LAW) claim anything as pre-existing. Hopefully, we'll be able to get this procedure scheduled soon and I can stop torturing myself. Either I've got something to deal with and I need to deal with it, or I have nothing to worry about and I can put it behind me (sorry for the pun - LOL). I just to need to get this over with.

Anyway, that's all the news from my side of the planet. I hope everyone's out having a terrific evening and you've all got healthy plans for the weekend.

ETA: Good Lord, sorry for such a lengthy post
40.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone and Happy Friday!
36.gif
I ate pretty much the normal things today, cheerios, ½ sandwich and veggies for lunch, 2 tacos for supper and a ww chocolate bar. I went to the mall and walked around for awhile tonight. My husband went camping but I stayed home since a friend of mine is getting married tomorrow. The scale was a repeat of yesterday so no news there.
A funny thing happened at work today. Some people came up from corporate to see a girl that works in my office. I got up to go put something in the filing cabinet and when I came back in the room all 3 of them were smiling at me. I guess the lady had asked when I left the room “Is that Marcy?” When my co-worker told her yes, she said she didn’t recognize me. I said, “Thank you”.
Kimberly, that is really awesome that you lost 75 pounds. Congratulations! I am very excited for you. I appreciate your kind words about me joining the WWT thread. Have fun with your friend and getting to see her baby.
Skippy have fun on your walk with your cousin.
Sharon, sorry to hear you are melting. I am glad to hear you are doing better so you can ride your bike. I am glad you are getting out the cobwebs on your evening walks.
Mara, that is great news you are enjoying wearing your smaller pair of favorite jeans. Good luck on your race on Sunday.
MrsSalvo, sounds like you are having fun on your trip. Yeah!
PhoenixGirl, too funny about that lady you saw, but I can’t imagine walking around carrying that much money.
Gail, I’m glad you had a nice time on your vacation. I am delighted to hear you really like your new job. It sounds ideal that you can do your work where and when you wish. Congratulations on loosing 20.5 pounds. That is terrific!
Neatfreak and Sharon, you made me hungry for cherries. I did see some nice dark bing cherries in the store yesterday. I’ll have to pick some up.
Rod, the bowl of fruit Charlie makes for you guys every day sounds wonderful. I absolutely love mixed fruit. I was glad to hear your Sushi place has chicken and beef. I’d have to eat one of those if I joined all of you for dinner. I agree with you, the support and caring all of you show on this forum is amazing. We are lucky and life is good. I am so glad to hear the insurance company can’t claim any condition was pre-existing.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! Not so many posts to respond to today, but that''s alright with me as i always seem to have a hard time catching up, lol!

Today was kind of a lazy day for me...DH went into the office early and I slept in with the dogs until around 9:30...there''s something to be said for not being a morning person and not having to get up for work every morning! I had some canteloupe for breakkie and picked up around the house, then decided to tackle bathroom cleaning chores. Amazing how messy a bathroom gets when there are two people sharing the only one, I tell you.

The weather was fabulous again here today, we haven''t had the A/C running for most of the week and it''s sooo nice to be able to do that in mid-July here. I have all the windows opened and ceiling fans running so it''s quite breezy and cool inside. I actually laid down for about half an hour this afternoon, I was opening mail while sitting on the couch and just started feeling sleepy because it was quiet and peaceful and cool inside with the sun shining through the windows, I love days like that! I woke up feeling refreshed and energized and realized I could get in a short workout before DH got home so I did an exerciseTV one that lasted about 20 minutes, it was totally unplanned as I''ve worked out pretty much every day this week and walked as well so that was cool. Still boycotting the scale but the shorts I had on today were feeling looser, I don''t know if that''s because I wore them yesterday for a couple hours or because I''m shrinking just a bit, though. I tried on my dress I''m wearing to the wedding Labor Day weekend and it''s looking better already! The bust area is still tight but not as much as the other time I tried it on, oh and bonus! I got it from JC about a month ago when it was just "on sale" for like $120, and today it was marked down again to $70 AND they had an additional 20% off final sale items so I re-ordered it in the same size/color and even after taxes and shipping it still only came out to $70 and I had a gift card for $100 so I will return the first one I bought and I saved myself $50! Yay! I love the idea of wearing a $200 dress that I only paid $70 for! Goodness knows this jobless gal needs to be a bit more frugal, lol! I even have shoes, a bag, and a wrap to go with it already, and I''ll probably just keep accessories to a minimum, all I really need are earrings to make the ensemble complete.

Tomorrow we will likely get some more things done around the house and check them off our long list that we''ve been adding to since the winter...seems every time we have a free day to do these things something else comes up that''s in need of repair or replacement so I feel like we''re getting to do a bit of catchup now. Plus since I''ve not been working I''ve gotten the chance to catch up on cleaning and organizing so I''ve found some free time to pay more attention to those things that fell lower on the priority list. It is supposed to rain here tomorrow, which we need, so hopefully that will keep us inside and focused.

Phoenix, I was cracking up over the prostitute thing! There is a gal who walks around our neighborhood and always is carrying a purse and talking on her cellphone, sometimes she will just stand outside our house and be yakking away and be smoking a cigarette but she does NOT dress well, usually she''s wearing warm up pants and a tee shirt with no makeup and messy hair. I always joke with DH that I think she''s a drug dealer or prostitute. We NEVER see females in our neighborhood like that so she just stands out to me. I never see her with a wad of 20''s, though...maybe she knows that would be a dead giveaway, LOL!

Gail, so glad to hear you love your new job! And good job on the weight lost this year, even if it''s less than you''d like. You''re doing great.

NF, as long as those are fresh cherries and not the maraschino kind I''m good at eating a whole jar of, you''re ok, LOL!

Canuk, hope your pec-building goes well...pushups are great for that too, or Yoga (planks). If you get really buff, though, promise me you won''t make them dance like a male stripper, hee hee.
9.gif
Sorry, I just couldn''t resist!

Rod, see I told you that you''re a good teacher! No sushi/sapporo tonight? Oh dear...You are breaking MY routine for you, lol! Just kidding, hope you have a peaceful night''s sleep and hallelujah for not having to answer the alarm clock tomorrow morning!

Marcy, so cool that the lady didn''t recognize you today!!! I bet that had to feel really good! Enjoy your weekend, will your DH be gone until Sunday? Sometimes I mind when DH is gone on weekends but typically I don''t have a problem with it since it gives me some time to just be "me," ya know? I can catch up on reading or go shopping or do whatever I feel like on my own schedule which can be really nice! (Of course I always start to miss him by Saturday night, though, lol!)

Mara, good luck at your race tomorrow! Can''t wait to hear details, I''m sure you will have plenty!
9.gif

Good night WWTR''s! Everyone have a fun a safe weekend, wish me luck at the Nascar race that no redneck women beat me up, ha ha ha!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, it sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day. I love to sleep in too when I can but my DH plays golf early on the weekends and if he''s up; I''m awake. I''m not smart enough to go to bed early though so I have short nights on the weekends. My hubby will be home Sunday. He went up to the mountains and will be meeting some of our astronomy friends up there. They are going to do some star gazing at 9100 feet. The skies are awesome up there. I miss him while he''s gone but I have always been able to amuse myself with projects, crafts or reading and I don''t mind if he does something by himself. LOL about getting beat up at the race. I am sure there are a lot of nice people there and you''ll be fine.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers!!

finished up work this afternoon, came home and met greg and we went out to the preserve and did a one hour 45 minute walk that was about 5.7miles...whew...about 1/3 of it was all uphill, owie, both of us were pretty tired at the end. we decided to get burgers tonite..i let greg choose, so we drove straight over to our fave burger place and had cheeseburgers (greg got a bleu garlic bacon and i get a regular cheddar cheeseburger) along with a small side of fries and a special fried zucchini appetizer, their apps are 1/2 price on friday and when i got back to the table greg said with a twinkle in his eye 'did you get the fried zucchini' and i said 'of course, what kind of healthy workout people would we be without fried zucchini with our burgers?' hehee, greg is not a fan of anyone being 'too healthy' so he likes the balance. we ate every bite of it all...we were so hungry. now i am SO full...so i'm having some ginger tea to help my digestion before bedtime in a bit.

thanks for all the well-wishes...the 10k is actually on sunday morning...hehee and i am planning on walking 1/2 and running 1/2 with my sister. tomorrow i am going to try to take a 2m walk in the morning OR do a home workout, depending on how i feel, i don't want to overdo it. we're planning on getting up a little early because we both have a bunch of stuff scheduled, i am taking off at 9:45am to meet some friends in SF for brunch and then i am driving back down and picking up greg at a train station about 30 min from our house and we are heading to this bbq for a friend's birthday. we only plan to stay a few hours as we would like to relax at home tomorrow night so that our early sunday morning doesn't bother us too much.

anyhow, sounds like everyone had a great friday and evening...rod it's so funny how healthy you and charlie eat all the time, it's actually amazing that you eat as well as you do and don't continue to lose way more weight with how hard you work out. if i only ate something like fruit for breakfast, no snacks, then some chicken and rice for lunch i'd be starving and passed out by 3pm hehee. my body seems really susceptible to not feeling fabulous when i don't give it enough of the right stuff. as it is...i eat fruit, high fiber and protein cereal and egg whites for breakfast and i am really hungry like 2 hours later by 10am! oh and lol i saw the tart cherry scone yesterday at panera and kind of stared at them for a bit, they are pretty small!!! i was like this is the infamous scone...heeh.

monnie kudos on loose shorts...marcy yay for people noticing how much you have lost! pg...actually from your description i wouldn't have thought that gal was a prostitute necessarily, maybe more like a second or third wife! hehe. oh and you asked about the inversion machine, greg's stepfather has one and we used it when we visited them recently, it was kind of fun, not sure what it would actually do on a long term basis but if you have room to store it, then why not. mrs salvo, glad to hear you are having a good time and wow cow is yum!

hope everyone is planning a fabulous weekend...!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mara you go girl and best of luck!!!!

Funny thing mentioning the inversion machines, I was scratching my head looking at one in our sports store...I was reading about gravity boots in my Arnie body building encyclopaedia, that these used to be popular and invert one
6.gif
You would somehow get your feet inside these boots which were hanging from a bar
32.gif
and then hang upside down and lift weights.
emdgust.gif
Apparently this was a great exercise for bringing out the serratus muscles, the saw tooth looking ones you see on bodybuilders under the pecs!

Anyway, I did 50 mins on the treadmill last night and 2 Brady Bunch episodes to include the one where Marcia had braces!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!

I went to bed got my workout clothes ready for a 6 am walk and woke up at 5 w/knee pain. I am icing it. I hope this ends soon; I hate being inactive. I will lift weights.

Monarch, sounds wonderful where you live. Nice cool weather. We had a nice rainstorm last night. Good job sneaking in a workout and nice to sleeping in!

Mara, whooo hooo and whooo hooo to Greg too on the killer hike
9.gif

Lorelei, you are too cute walking and watching the Brady Bunch. heehee. They are fun!!! Great job!

Nice to see you back Gail!

Rod, yay, glad they learned a thing or two. hehehe. Charlie is sweet to make you a bowl of fruit, yum!
18.gif

Great job on the workout Mrs. S, Marcy and Neatfreak
35.gif

Have an awesome weekend friends!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I think you deserve a few more fitted tshirts.
30.gif
31.gif
31.gif
whoooo hoooo!
9.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Saturday! Yesterday was a so-so day in my world of fitness. I had the usual cereal/soy milk combo, but an awesome homemade wrap for lunch. Our local Costco has these amazing Flat bread wrap thingies...100 calories each, about a bajillion grams of fiber, and really big. Tasty, too boot! I loaded it up with some cooked frozen Santa Fe veggies (corn, black beans, and broccoli for some reason), added a smidge of pesto, a little bit of cheese, and yum! Dinner was garlic shrimp with pasta, where I managed to once again think I'm smarter than the recipe and add WAAAY more red pepper flakes than they call for. Not just a little. A lot. My lips were on fire!I blasted through the latest Yoga Booty tape, and only dropped a couple of steps...I was SO happy. Today is the last day with that tape, then I'll switch it to another. I like keeping the rotation fresh.

Yesterday, I also squeezed into my skinny jeans and actually managed to get them over my hips and have no muffin top. (I have serious fibroids, so I have perpetual tummy pooch. My hips are just broad. A costumer for a play I was in once told me I have an 19th century body. Which is not helpful in the 21st century.) But I digress...the jeans were probably too tight to wear in decent society, but that didn't stop me. I strutted the three block to the Blockbuster, and yes, I got some admiring glances and a "How YOU doin' " (Because apparently Joey Tribbione lives here.) I don't want to get into the sexist implications or how hoochie I am...because I think it had more to do with my posture (which was, by default, good because the jeans were forcing my undies into some forbidden zones) and my strut than my body. I "worked it" as they said because I was just feeling so good. Blockbuster did NOT have the movie we wanted, so the walk was merely an exercise in vanity (forgive the pun.)

But poor doggie has been sort of sick. He has the most sensitive tummy of any dog I know, so he's been pooping and barfing on and off for two days...and just when he seems all better, it starts again. We should NOT have tried to switch his food (and we 'phased in' the new food for two weeks.) Fortunately, he seems much better this morning, and has been drinking his water. But now DH is sick...running a fever and feeling "floopy" as he puts it. He has that weird metallic smell he gets when he's feverish, so I know this is going to be quite a day. Let's hope he doesn't exhibit the same symptoms as the dog.

We were scheduled to go to some tasting-menu only Thai restaurant tonight with his boss that I'm sure he'll only cancel if he's really ill. I said we'll make the decision at 3, giving his boss's wife enough time to not start to get ready (does that make sense?)
Congrats to all on continuing to make good healthy choices and still live lives with a little fun! And on making it to the weekend!

I'm off to Yoga Booty.

P.S. Yes, Kimberly, I got a new job. I'm filling in for someone going on sabbatical for a few months, but if they like me, they will "create" a job for me, if not for the rest of the school year, then for the next. It's at a local private school, very lovely, but I'm going to have to be at the top of my game, that's for sure. It's like a four-month job interview. Worse, it's in History (I'm an English teacher by training)...which would be ok if it were American History or Ancient History because I have a strong background and experience with both of those classes. Nope, it's a class in Southeast Asian Geography/History and a class in International Relations. I am going to be very busy for the rest of the summer trying to learn this stuff! Which is fun and yet sad because I'm still a little burnt out and needed some healing time from the last job. But on the plus side, the school seems really awesome and smart and a dream place to wind up, so a few hours a day for the next few weeks is just fine by me!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning Friends!

Had a good time with my girlfriend and her baby. We walked to a pizza place that has some pizza and lotsa other things on the menu, so she and I ended up getting sliders and fries. I ate about 2/3 of the meat and 1/2 of the buns and all of my fries. It was good to see her but we didn''t get any girl time in, which sorta sucked. We expected her hubby and brother to head out to the bars for old times sake and they ended up hanging out with us all night. It was fun to see the reaction of someone who hadn''t seen me in a while, she was like "Oh my gosh, you are TINY!" And she''s super thin and tall so it''s funny coming from her. Her baby boy is a doll.

Rod, I''ll let John know that the Inn is open! I loved the t-shirt comment, I think you should buy some more.

Marcy, fantastic compliment you got, what fun!

Mara, have a fun day! Brunch sounds yummy.

Phoenix, funny that you thought she was a prostitute. I don''t know if that''s where my mind would have gone. Then again, I had a guy try to sell me drugs the last time we were in Hawaii and I thought he was hurt. He was standing in between two buidlings saying "Need some..." when people walked by and I was waiting for him to finish the sentence with "help" and John was like, "No goof ball, he''s dealing!" DUH!

Gail, glad you had a good vacation and are enjoying the new job. Maintaining is a huge feat on vacation, be proud of yourself!

I''m so sorry your knee is hurting, Skip!

I haven''t figured out what we''re doing today. I''m 1/2 way through writing 5 lesson plans that are due on Monday so I''ll be working on that for sure. Have a terrific morning!

~K

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!!!

I haven''t had a chance to catch up on the thread, but wanted to let everyone know about my race.

I finished in 1:05:05. I am not terribly happy about my time, I was really hoping to get right around an hour. I had some struggles. I was really nervous for the race and woke up with a nervous stomach! About 3.5 miles, my finicky hamstring started acting up. I wish I pushed harder!!! (hindsight right?) It was a great day out there though - hot, but not humid (a god send in the summer in New Jersey!) and of course the beach is beautiful and the crowd was pretty good. At the end of the races, they always have oranges and they make me instantly feel better. I could have used that around the halfway mark!!! I have to remind myself that at worst, I got in an awesome workout today.

We are running in a 2 mile fun run next Saturday, I hope to do better in that. Definitely not apples to apples, but I need to be picked up a little!

Now just icing my hamstring and waiting for the fi to get out of the shower!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend and that I get to catch up later!!! I''m sure as usual you are all doing fabulously.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani many congratulations!!!! You did brilliantly well and have much to be proud of! Have a good shower and a treat, you deserve it!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - Rod, I just wanted to comment on your 20-somethings (being that I am 24 myself!)

I get complimented all the time at work for acting beyond my years. Because of this, people respect my opinion, treat me as an authority figure and value my contributions. I see some others (there are really not too many at my company, it''s a pretty mature population), and I can''t believe the way they act and how they approach their work. They giggle in the hallway, don''t respond to e-mails in a timely manner and don''t really put themselves out there all that much! You will undoubtedly find your super stars in your junior recruiters and I''m sure you''ll get a lot of great things out of them. The others will weed themselves out.

I also think being together is hard - in a group situation even adults have a harder time paying attention and being respectful to the speaker. I find this all the time in meetings - it''s worse than high school when the teacher was trying to get our attention I don''t know, I go to work for work, not to socialize - maybe that is what the difference is.

Oh - and I love this thread too! It''s actually a good reminder of the hard work that we''ve done and it''s forever archived in internet history!!!! And you all are so wonderful and supportive.

Welcome back Gail - hope the new job continues to be satisfying!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 11:31:02 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
Oh - Rod, I just wanted to comment on your 20-somethings (being that I am 24 myself!)

I get complimented all the time at work for acting beyond my years. Because of this, people respect my opinion, treat me as an authority figure and value my contributions. I see some others (there are really not too many at my company, it's a pretty mature population), and I can't believe the way they act and how they approach their work. They giggle in the hallway, don't respond to e-mails in a timely manner and don't really put themselves out there all that much! You will undoubtedly find your super stars in your junior recruiters and I'm sure you'll get a lot of great things out of them. The others will weed themselves out.

I also think being together is hard - in a group situation even adults have a harder time paying attention and being respectful to the speaker. I find this all the time in meetings - it's worse than high school when the teacher was trying to get our attention I don't know, I go to work for work, not to socialize - maybe that is what the difference is.

Oh - and I love this thread too! It's actually a good reminder of the hard work that we've done and it's forever archived in internet history!!!! And you all are so wonderful and supportive.

Welcome back Gail - hope the new job continues to be satisfying!!
I think so too Dani, going by the ton of views we get every week, I think we have quite a following and hopefully help many people who need some support with real life stories with the work and struggles. I have found success stories tend to skip over the difficult times and that unless you have rock solid will power, cookie moments will happen! Not that I want to knock anyone who has lost weight successfully - far from it - but sometimes these stories don't seem realistic to me, things don't go perfectly and especially it takes time to change your mindset and way of living, yet to read some stories it doesn't always emphasize that. It isn't quite that easy.

I think this is where the WWT fills a need, as we work hard to maintain our health and weight and adjust accordingly, but aren't afraid to live a little too sometimes!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Danielle, Skippy, Marcy, Rod, Phoenixgirl and everyone for the welcome back! It is good to be back. I just got back from an hourlong slow jog with my dog. It was fun having her with me, although I was worried about her in the heat b/c she is not good at drinking from a water belt. For anyone else that enjoys long runs outside, I highly recommend the Fuel Belt - there are different configurations but mine holds 4 8oz water bottles and has a pocket for keys, ipod or whatever. It makes it much easier and safer to run outside in this weather!

Danielle congrats on your race!! Was this a 10K? If so I think that is a great time!!! Especially for your first one! I am sure you will keep getting faster as time goes on. I love road races and triathlons. I think they are really motivating and I feel so proud just to be doing them no matter how my time comes out.

Mara good luck with your race tomorrow!

Jas congrats on your new job! I always enjoy your posts, you sound like a lot of fun :) Congrats on your skinny jeans fitting, that''s awesome! I recently put on some jeans that hadn''t fit in a few years (my true skinny jeans are still nowhere near fitting) and I got them on and buttoned but I had way too much muffin top to leave the house. Maybe with a flowing top....?? Since I carry my weight in my belly I am super sensitive about appearing preggo, so belly hanging over jeans is a look I''m trying to avoid :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Question for people named Dani - I think we have at least 2 who are on this thread? How do you pronounce it? I just met a Dani who says it "Danny." But I had thought it was "Day - nee" more commonly. Like they say in the song Dani California. Can someone enlighten me?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 2:40:22 PM
Author: gailrmv
Question for people named Dani - I think we have at least 2 who are on this thread? How do you pronounce it? I just met a Dani who says it ''Danny.'' But I had thought it was ''Day - nee'' more commonly. Like they say in the song Dani California. Can someone enlighten me?

Well, I''m not a Dani but I have three friends who are, all of who say it the same way as Danny.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 10:38:13 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Phoenix, funny that you thought she was a prostitute. I don't know if that's where my mind would have gone. Then again, I had a guy try to sell me drugs the last time we were in Hawaii and I thought he was hurt. He was standing in between two buidlings saying 'Need some...' when people walked by and I was waiting for him to finish the sentence with 'help' and John was like, 'No goof ball, he's dealing!' DUH!
How funny! I guess suspicious looking street characters are like a rorschach test for how our minds work. And mine must be in the gutter!

Gail, glad you had a good weekend and a good start to your new job! And it's great the weight came right off.

Neatfreak, sorry to hear that you're without your husband this summer. That's never fun. Maybe an upshot is that you can workout without feeling like you're neglecting him and eat healthier food because you're not worried about what he wants to be eating.

Rod, I am totally jealous of your daily bowl of delicious fruit. And sorry to hear that the limbo continues with your insurance but I'm glad that things should be worked out soon.

Marcyc, so funny that sometimes not being recognized is actually a total compliment!

Mara, I am excited to hear how the 10K goes! That is awesome that you are doing that.

Lorelei, I actually decided I don't need an inversion machine. I rarely have back pain or trouble sitting up straight, and I think I had just overdone it on the Firm. I went back to the recommended weight levels today.

Jas, funny that your skinny jeans were a hit with the passersby! You must have been looking good! I got a hoot that I think was supposed to sound like a whistle the other day from a passing car. Sorry to hear about your sick dog.
7.gif
And the classes you are teaching sound interesting . . . I doubt many people with history degrees focused on "Southeast Asian geography" so I'm sure you're just as qualified as any history teacher would be.

Danielle, congrats on your race results, even if you were hoping for a little less. You couldn't help your hamstring acting up.

I did a firm video today, Aerobic Body Shaping. My 8 year old neighbor somehow found her way into the basement while I was doing it, and while I don't really love an audience, she did eventually scamper upstairs and tell my husband that I was "exercising, which is really good."

I think I'm having the best summer ever. We've had great times with friends and neighbors and have lots of trips and my parents' surprise anniversary party to look forward to. We were talking today about how it's been a good year and how we disagree that the "three-year itch is the new seven-year itch." I said that probably the stressors in our marriage were lack of money and lack of space, and now that those aren't problems we can be relaxed and enjoy each other all the time. And then I added "lack of hotness" to the list of problems we used to have.
2.gif

Sadly, we are going to a farewell party for our best friends tonight. They are moving four hours away, so that is sad, but we are going to the beach with them in ten days and they will be coming to visit a lot. We are also trying to plan a trip to France with them next summer. DH and I try to go every 2 years. So I have next summer to look forward to too.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Question--have you noticed after a while of eating healthy that your old favorite fatty foods are no longer appealing?

This is the first time I''ve overhauled my diet by cutting out all trans fats and salty things, etc.

I don''t know if I should be happy or sad--I''ve been on this Body for Life plan for just two weeks now, and today is my cheat day. SO, my sister (AKA Partner-in-Crime) and I planned a big brunch at our favorite local place, Egg Harbor. Well, I ordered a bacon and mushroom skillet, and after about five greasy bites I literally felt sick to my stomach. I couldn''t eat it! Have I ruined myself for greasy food forever?!

I''ve never been able to tolerate much greasy food, like a McDonald''s meal, but I''ve eaten this same meal at this same place before and I was SO looking forward to cheating today.
7.gif

We have plans to go to Morton''s for dinner, and you can sure as hell bet that I''m going to order a cajun ribeye. If I can''t keep that down, I''m going to be heartbroken!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon all!

I got in a great little workout this morning before putting my nose to the grindstone and completing all 5 lesson plans...FINALLY! John and I took a break and drove to Little Italy for groceries and stopped at an open house we both wanted to see.

Phoenix, it also may mean I'm way too unaware!

Haven, I have eaten fast food 2-3 times a year for going on about 6. I lived on the crap in college and now I crave it every great once in a while, and I will typically feed the craving, but it's just not something I enjoy anymore. As for things like french fries and steak, they will always be foods I enjoy. Good luck at Morton's, I'm sure your tummy will be fine!

We're having veal and a green salad for dinner with some italian brocolli, should be yummy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 6:42:58 PM
Afternoon all!

I got in a great little workout this morning before putting my nose to the grindstone and completing all 5 lesson plans...FINALLY! John and I took a break and drove to Little Italy for groceries and stopped at an open house we both wanted to see.

We're having veal and a green salad for dinner with some italian brocolli, should be yummy!

Wow, friend you were a busy bee today!!! Hope you get to kick your feet up and relax tonight! Enjoy your dinner, yum!
35.gif

So my friend who is a medical doctor called me and I told him about my knee; he gave me the number and name of a good Physical Therapist. I was so excited; he and I have been friends for 13 years and we met at the gym. hehehe So he knows this hardly ever happens to me and thinks PT will help. I am very excited. Sorry I have been Debbie Downer.

Happy Saturday all!

Can't wait to hear all the fun things Mara and Rod did. hehehe
41.gif

ETA: Just saw you check in Rod, yay for the T-shirt; bet you look great. hehehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone!

Skippy and Kimberly, I took your advice and purchased one more ''uber'' cool (but please tell me why a better fitting t-shirt is so much more expensive than a regular t-shirt?) more form fitting t-shirt this afternoon. I''m still not used to seeing myself in a mirror and recognizing that the image staring back is me. I''m used to seeing a middle aged man, who is overweight and wears large shirts to hide his out of shape body. So, when he sees his image and it''s trim and in shape and he doesn''t look bad at all in a ''hotter'' t-shirt, he''s a bit surprised and still not sure he should be wearing such a shirt! But now, we each have two ''hotter'' t-shirts! LOL

Monnie, just to make you feel better, we absolutely did our Sushi dinner and I surely had my Sapporor last night like just about every Friday night. At this point, I''m afraid if we don''t do our routine, the moon might fall out of the sun''s orbit and the entire world might come to an end. If that were to happen, I''d upset a lot of nice people and some not so nice one''s too. LOL

We had a nice regular Saturday today. We slept in till about 9, and found it to be a cooler breezy morning in Tampa, which was super nice to enjoy our bowl of fruit on the terrace. Then Charlie gave us both haircuts (he''s gotten in the habit of cutting his own hair and mine and he does a really good job for someone who''s never been in that line of work). Of course, we keep our hair pretty short, so it''s not too complicated to give me a haircut, but man, I marvel at how he can cut his hair by looking backwards in the mirror and he does a perfect job. Simply amazing!

We had a very nice lunch at Panera (again, part of our weekend routine). They''ve added a new soup to their menu, Mushroom Bisque. It is absolutely fantastic, so I had that and half a sandwich, then we hit the gym for a nice long workout. For dinner, I was in the mood for a cheeseburger, so we went to that diner place just a block away from our fav Sbucks and I had a terrific cheeseburger with provologne cheese with a side salad. No fries, even though I really was in the mood for them, I just felt I didn''t need the extra calories. For dessert, we went to the new yogurt place I''ve mentioned (the one with only two flavors, but both have active yogurt cultures) and I had green tea yogurt with fresh blueberries mixed in. Yummmm. Of course, no Saturday would be complete without a visit to our favorite Starbucks and coffee under the oak tree I still need to take a picture of and publish so you can see it.

Good luck again tomorrw with the 1/2 walk 1/2 run race tomorrow Mara!

PS: Haven, welcome to the world of healthier eating, and YES, I find that foods high in fat, the foods I would have primarily eaten when I was not into health and fitness, no longer appeal to me anymore.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 10:07:35 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/14/2007 6:42:58 PM
Afternoon all!

We''re having veal and a green salad for dinner with some italian brocolli, should be yummy!

Wow, friend you were a busy bee today!!! Hope you get to kick your feet up and relax tonight! Enjoy your dinner, yum!
35.gif

So my friend who is a medical doctor called me and I told him about my knee; he gave me the number and name of a good Physical Therapist. I was so excited; he and I have been friends for 13 years and we met at the gym. hehehe So he knows this hardly ever happens to me and thinks PT will help. I am very excited. Sorry I have been Debbie Downer.

Happy Saturday all!

Can''t wait to hear all the fun things Mara and Rod did. hehehe
41.gif

ETA: Just saw you check in Rod, yay for the T-shirt; bet you look great. hehehe
Thanks, though I''m not sure how often I''ll actually wear the more form fitting t-shirt. LOL

Glad you''re going to get some PT, but am sorry you need to get some PT. And finally, if you are Debbie Downer, I''d hate to see what you might be like if anyone could tell you were depressed. I think if we were in the same room with you, you''d tell us you were depressed, then you''d hug us and apologize if that depressed us. You''re about the sweetest person I''ve ever had the pleasure to know electronically! I''d like to hug you, so consider yourself hugged!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, you are sooooo cute, honest; you made me laugh!!! I am very happy go lucky and I am a HUGE hugger too. So GIANT HUG back
9.gif

Mara, KICK BUTT TOMORROW at your RACE girlfriend!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results