shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th July till 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 10:16:39 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 7/14/2007 10:07:35 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/14/2007 6:42:58 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Afternoon all!

I got in a great little workout this morning before putting my nose to the grindstone and completing all 5 lesson plans...FINALLY! John and I took a break and drove to Little Italy for groceries and stopped at an open house we both wanted to see.

We''re having veal and a green salad for dinner with some italian brocolli, should be yummy!

Wow, friend you were a busy bee today!!! Hope you get to kick your feet up and relax tonight! Enjoy your dinner, yum!
35.gif

So my friend who is a medical doctor called me and I told him about my knee; he gave me the number and name of a good Physical Therapist. I was so excited; he and I have been friends for 13 years and we met at the gym. hehehe So he knows this hardly ever happens to me and thinks PT will help. I am very excited. Sorry I have been Debbie Downer.

Happy Saturday all!

Can''t wait to hear all the fun things Mara and Rod did. hehehe
41.gif

ETA: Just saw you check in Rod, yay for the T-shirt; bet you look great. hehehe
Thanks, though I''m not sure how often I''ll actually wear the more form fitting t-shirt. LOL

Glad you''re going to get some PT, but am sorry you need to get some PT. And finally, if you are Debbie Downer, I''d hate to see what you might be like if anyone could tell you were depressed. I think if we were in the same room with you, you''d tell us you were depressed, then you''d hug us and apologize if that depressed us. You''re about the sweetest person I''ve ever had the pleasure to know electronically! I''d like to hug you, so consider yourself hugged!
Ditto what Rod said, Skippy! You so have not been a Debbie Downer, a Denise Downer, a Delila Downer or any other kind. I''m glad you''re getting therapy for your knee. My day was busy, but really good busy. I''ve been working on the lesson plans for about 3 days, so I''m relieved to be done. 38 pages total, woo hoo!

Rod, I''m so glad you took our advice and bought another t-shirt. I can''t comment on the price though, my DH is a shop for himself, tennies, polos and jeans kinda guy (those job offers I mentioned last week, one included that he didn''t have to follow company dress code) and if it works for him that''s fine with me.

Dinner was so yummy, we had veal, salad and a piece of Saluntos bread (the best Italian bakery in San Diego). I''m drinking a glass of wine and relaxing now.

Have a great evening all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, did you tell us the price of the tshrit??? Did you say $60? Heck if you look smokin hot in it. . . why not!!!!
9.gif

Yay, Kimberly for getting those lesson plans done!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 10:35:16 PM
Rod, did you tell us the price of the tshrit??? Did you say $60? Heck if you look smokin hot in it. . . why not!!!!
9.gif

I''d spend 60 bucks to look smokin'' hot...hell, I''d spend $600 bucks to look smokin'' hot!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 10:35:16 PM
9.gif

Actually, I didn''t mention the price of the t-shirt, and while there were some that were $60, the one I chose was $48, which for very light weight cotton and a little decorative stitching, seems outrageous to me. Remember, men''s clothes and shoes are usually less expensive than ladies clothes. I don''t understand why, but when I''ve ever shopped with a ladie friend, I''m usually stunned at the prices of woman''s stuff. So, for me to buy ONE little t-shirt for $48, when you can go to Old Navy and buy like 4 or 5 t-shirts for the same price, I almost feel I should frame it instead of wear it. LOL And thank you for the hug back Skippy!!

Your dinner sounded yummy as usual Kimberly!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Actually my well worn colored pocket tee''s from the GAP that I bought 5 years ago

fit me snug these days. Could be from so many washings over the years..I like to

think it''s from working out
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 11:05:53 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Actually my well worn colored pocket tee''s from the GAP that I bought 5 years ago

fit me snug these days. Could be from so many washings over the years..I like to

think it''s from working out
9.gif
I''m sure that''s the reason my friend!! Nice to see you''re still healthy and working out too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT''ers.
35.gif

I had a busy day. I did weigh in at minus 110 pounds this morning but I’m not counting it was “for sure” yet since I weighed about an hour later than I normally do. I’ll see what the scale says Monday. I met a friend for breakfast and ate less than ½ of my 2 pieces of French toast, 2 scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. For lunch I had a leftover cheeseburger log and a few diet French fries (I didn’t get all 4 oz because I got distracted uploading some pictures and burned them) and some raw veggies. Then I put on a skirt and blouse (for the first time in probably a decade) and went to a wedding. At the wedding reception, I had one each of a BB wing, a tostito, a small meatball, a small piece of bacon wrapped chicken, a cheese cube and 5 corn chips. I also tried a piece of both the white cake and the chocolate cake – they were yummy but I came home and had an alka seltzer; I had too much junk in my stomach. For supper I had cottage cheese and an orange.
Mara, I hope you and your sister have fun in the 10k race tomorrow. I’m like you that I get hungry about 2 hours after eating. I can’t eat much at one time so I guess that is why.
Lorelei, when you mention gravity boots images of star trek pop in to my head. I can’t imagine hanging upside down to exercise. I’d some how; some way come crashing down to Earth. It would be an interesting exercise though.
Skippy, I am so sorry you woke up with knee pain. I hope the ice helped it. I am glad to hear you are going to a physical therapist. That should help. I wouldn’t say you’ve been a Debbie downer, you always seem so pleasant cheerful. You’ll be back to your normal smiling self in no time! I’m sending you a BIG cyber hug too.
Jas, LOLFOTFL at “muffin top”. That''s as good as Gypsy''s "foodie". Congratulations on getting in to your skinny jeans. I hope your temp jobs turns in to full time for you. It sounds like a nice school.
Kimberly, that is wonderful your friend gave you such a great compliment. That’s nice especially from a close friend. I am glad you enjoyed spending time with her. Too funny about the drug dealer, I wouldn’t catch on at all. I’m glad our husbands know what’s going on in the world.
Danielle, congratulations on finishing your race; your time is close to your goal. You should be proud of yourself. I am sorry your hamstrings are still sore.
Danielle and Lorelei, I like your thoughts on our WWT group. That is neat to think our words are archived forever on the internet. Lorelei, you are so right that the success stories gloss over the hard or bad days. They don’t include the days you struggled or failed to pass up a brownie or an entire pizza. The support and friendship everyone shows each other in this group let’s us all know it is okay to not always eat the right thing or to skip a night at the gym.
Gail, yeah for getting on some jeans that hadn’t fit in awhile, they’ll be loose on you before you now it. You long walk sounds nice.
PhoenixGirl, it is nice when someone doesn’t recognize me. I am glad you are having the best summer ever. Sorry to hear your best friends are moving away but 4 hours isn’t too far for a get-together.
Haven, I have noticed I don’t like some fatty food or rich desserts as much as I used to. My favorite meal in a restaurant was prime rib; I can’t stand it anymore. It seems so fatty to me. I actually always ate only the lean portions but I’ve had it twice since I started my diet and didn’t care for it either time. I hope you enjoy your Cajun ribeye.
Rod, I am sure you looking dashing in your new form fitting t-shirts. It’s nice to have clothes that fit instead of baggy clothes. Charlie must be more skilled than I with cutting hair. I can’t even cut my bangs straight. My poor hair dresser always has to fix my bangs because I’ll cut them a few times before I go back for a cut or perm.
Take care everyone. Have a great Sunday.
36.gif

Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwt'ers!! today was a busy yet fun day. got up at 8:15, made an egg white scramble with a bit of ff feta and tomatoes, and coffee...got ready, headed out to SF to meet my friends for brunch. we went to a great place for brunch in SF, grand cafe...it was so great to catch up with these gals again, our schedules are always so busy so we catch up maybe 2-3x a year but i wish it was more. i had some salmon, caviar and egg on toasted baguette, but really just ate one of the toasts and egg as it was SO incredibly rich...but ate all the salmon, creme fraiche and caviar. and i also had a fruit plate with yogurt and honey drizzled on it, SUPER yummy. then we went to neiman marcus and oogled some balenciagas and other expensive covetous items, and then a jewelry store to ogle some fabulously large diamonds.

then drove back down to the peninsula area, picked up greg and my girlfriend at her house, and we headed over to the BBQ for our friend...it was a pool party BBQ and a ton of fun. i was super tired when i got there from an already busy day, but after hanging out a bit i perked up, at this point i was starving as well...so i had a bowl of fresh fruit, and then some jalapeno artichoke dip on sliced baguette to tide me over til the food was ready. the food was amazing! i had a bit of marinated tri tip, a gourmet hot dog sans bun, grilled asparagus, steamed sweet corn with rosemary, veggie salad, and some macaroni salad. all very yummy!!! my friend made a bunch of batches of strawberry margaritas and i went to have a bit of one but they were SO strong i said nevermind as i had to drive and i knew after one of those i'd be toasted! and greg was already well into his margarita cup so it was all me hehee. for dessert my girlfriend got the bday boy (her long-term bf) the most amazing ice cream and chocolate cake from cold stone. CS is totally my ice cream weakness and the cake was so decadent and divine, i had multiple pieces!!! so tasty. so then we hung out for a bit longer and eventually cleaned up the pool area, and headed back in, chatted for a bit then took off.

so we just got home a bit ago, and now we are getting ready for bed soon since we have to get up early tomorrow, like 6am, yikes, whose idea was this?!?!! but i am excited to do the race.

sounds like everyone had a great day today...rod so funny about how expensive your fitted shirt seems, try being a girl, seriously. i don't even want to think about how much $$ is in my closet....womens clothes are crazy expensive. and while guys can get away with one or two new shirts a summer or whatever, women end up buying almost a whole new wardrobe every year or every other year. i get greg a handful of tshirts and cargo shorts every year at old navy for like under $100 and he is set for the next 6 months. for me $100 is like one top or a pair of pants or something. haha. kudos on looking great in a fitted shirt though!!

haven, lol i wish that i didn't like fatty foods as much as i used to...that doesn't really work for me. i love all types of foods, i am a huge foodie, and if it's tasty i don't really discriminate. fatty foods or rich foods don't really make me feel different than healthy foods at all. i eat WAY less fast food than i used to when i was young, but sometimes i just gotta have some taco bell or a quarter pounder, but that happens maybe 2x a year or something. greasy breakfast food, mmmm!!!! i love it...but we hardly ever have it.

hope everyone is gearing up for a fabulous sunday...!! thanks for all the well wishes on the race, hopefully it will be a fun time. i'm going to have a bit of cereal with fruit then bedtime. nite all!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just finished a 3.5 mile walk around our town lake...I''m not a huge fan of long walks but it felt great!

Off to the gym later for more weight training. Finally it feels like summer in New England.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone.

I have come to join your lovely group again! We are renewing our vows in Italy in just under two years and I need to lose about 56 lbs. Eeek that sounds such a lot!

Anyway anyone with long legs please feel free to give me the kick up the rear end that I need to get started on this gigantic task!
9.gif

I am not the greatest exerciser and I dread the thought of getting fit! This is me when we got married and I was a stone lighter than I am now! I really want to look slim and glamorous when we renew our vows. I hate seeing these photos.

Gaz and Shell3 022.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 11:05:53 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Actually my well worn colored pocket tee's from the GAP that I bought 5 years ago

think it's from working out
9.gif
Hit a Most Muscular pose for me Jeff!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yeah!

Yey for Maze and welcome to the thread!

Everything begins with a single step! What is your plan in order to reach your goal? 56 pounds in 2 years is about half a pound a week - no sweat!
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Half a pound you say? Hmm never thought about it like that..... can''t be that hard surely? lol!

I am going to buy one of them there lateral thigh trainers. James loves watching the infomercials so I am quite into the idea of stepping my way to thinness. Also I like walking and the beach isn''t very far from us - walking on the sand sure works your leg muscles (as we found last night - we went for a half an hour walk on the beach with the kids - got all the way home to find my daughter had lost her phone - we went all the way back and it was at the far end so we had a jolly good walk!)

I don''t like swimming though - I can''t bear being in the water with strange bodies!

I have already started to eat more sensibly so that isn''t going to be a problem. Its just the exercise. I''m a big girl - what if I have a heart attack?
32.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I forgot about working out today!
6.gif
It''s not even 2 and so I still will, but . . .

I feel like I shouldn''t take off more than one day a week when, after all, I have no job for the summer and am at home resting on my laurels. I took off Friday because an increase in weights made my back hurt. I did weights yesterday. So today should have been a walking day.

Yet I woke up before DH (a rarity), entertained myself online for a little, then organized the upstairs bathroom and office. DH woke up and we watched the Tour de France while fixing the shredder and going through our big pile of papers. Then we went for a nice Sunday lunch and sat outside at a French place (under an umbrella . . . high of 95 today), and I had a mimosa and helped DH finish a half bottle of wine. Suddenly I realized . . . I had completely forgotten about working out!

I will work out . . . I''ll either go for a walk or do a Firm video that''s cardio instead of weights oriented (my favorite is the Ultimate Fat Burning workout). I just need to wait for the mimosa and wine to, um, digest. But I really can''t believe I just didn''t think of it. I feel like those pathetic people who forget their child is in the car. At least the only person to suffer the ill consequences is me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2007 1:52:06 PM
Author: Maisie
Half a pound you say? Hmm never thought about it like that..... can't be that hard surely? lol!

I am going to buy one of them there lateral thigh trainers. James loves watching the infomercials so I am quite into the idea of stepping my way to thinness. Also I like walking and the beach isn't very far from us - walking on the sand sure works your leg muscles (as we found last night - we went for a half an hour walk on the beach with the kids - got all the way home to find my daughter had lost her phone - we went all the way back and it was at the far end so we had a jolly good walk!)

I don't like swimming though - I can't bear being in the water with strange bodies!

I have already started to eat more sensibly so that isn't going to be a problem. Its just the exercise. I'm a big girl - what if I have a heart attack?
32.gif
Seriously, if you are worried, then it is always advisable to get a check up before embarking on an exercise programme, but basically you need cardiovascular exercise to raise the metabolism and burn fat. This needn't be onerous, things like brisk walking are fairly safe and a great way to build up fitness. I too hate swimming and I prefer to work out more intensely in other ways, hence fast walking on the treadmill or elliptical, but I build up to this gradually as you will. I am dubious about the effectiveness of the lateral thigh trainer though...

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the congrats on the race...

Gail - it was actually a 5 mile race. I WISH I had that time for a 10K, I really am a VERY slow runner, and haven''t yet built up the endurance to actually run continuously during a race. I always take walking breaks. I know this kills my time, but I don''t know I haven''t broken through that wall yet. This is my 2nd 5 mile race - the first one was over memorial day weekend and I cut about 5 minutes from my time from that race. I was really just frustrated because I have been doing better on my training runs than I did in the race! Running is so frustrating to me. I know I have the opposite of a runner''s body. I have short legs that hold the majority of my weight, I am short in general, I am not super lean and I have bursitis in my hips and tend to get injuries pretty quickly. THANKFULLY I do not get shin splints! My fi on the other hand didn''t really train for the race and finished in 55 minutes and at the end said he could have run 2 more miles. He has super long legs, a huge stride and has great lung capacity! But I continue to run because I like the challenge, and it''s the only exercise that I have found to actually change the shape of my legs. Now that this five miler is over, I''m going to concentrate more of lifting and my upper body, but probably my long runs for a while will be three miles.

Skippy - glad to hear you are going to the PT - hopefully they can help you and put you on the road to recovery!!

Mara - don''t you hate that these races are so early in the morning? I swear, if these things were at 10 or 11 am, I would do so much better!

Gail - I think I am the only Danielle on this thread. I know Dani (she has pink peonies in her avatar) is on pricescope, but we are different people :). In real life, nobody actually calls me Dani, my uncle was Danny, so my family never took to that and in school everyone just called me Danielle!

PG - funny about forgetting to work out. I wouldn''t worry too much, it seems like you''re having a great day anyhow!

Rod - yay for new clothes!!!

Kim - great job finishing your lesson plans!

Maisie - welcome!

Have a great Sunday everyone! Fi & I went to the beach this morning with my mom/dad and then had lunch at this fun drive-in place. We ate inside, and had pulled pork sandwiches, yummmmmmy! We''re probably going to have a light dinner tonight, maybe some grilled chicken. No workout for me, it''s a rest day, but I''m hoping to be back in action tomorrow!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy sunday all!!

well we got up dark and waytooearly this morning at 5:45 to be at the race by 6:30 so that greg could try to register...he likes to register and get a shirt but sometimes they are sold out. we get there, coffee in hand and they doubled their attendance this year so WAY sold out. oh well, saved us $45 which was breakfast after the race for 3. hehee. anyhow, i walked and ran with my mom and sister and we did the 10k in 1 hour and 20 minutes. not bad at all. i ended up walking about 1/3 and running 2/3 because my mom and sister really can't keep up with me that fabulously and i didn't want to ditch them. i walk pretty fast so they kept running to catch up with me and then i'd hear them running up behind me and go 'oh are we running' and start running and then they'd go 'no we were just trying to catch up'...lol. in any case, it was a lot of fun and i am glad we did it. greg did the 10k in 58 minutes, not bad for someone who had a bunch of beers and strawberry margaritas at yesterday's party and woke up fairly hungover today..haha. my dad did the 1/2 marathon in an hour and 45 minutes, i swear he is such a powerhouse. but the first 1/2 marathoner finished like BEFORE we finished our 10k!! like i think an hour and 15 minutes or something. craziness.

so afterwards my mom and sister had this brunch thing to attend for this fashion design thing my sister is doing with her school and nordstrom...so my dad, greg and i went off in search of breakfast. the race was in the downtown area of this little nearby town...and i had always heard about breakfast at this cafe in town so we went to look for it. my dad vaguely recalled where it was, turned out it was almost a mile from the car and race, oops. so we ended up walking to the car, changing shirts and shoes, then walking to find breakfast, then walking back. so basically by 11am this morning, greg and i had walked/run about 8+ miles! and my dad more like 15+! hehe.

for breakfast we were starving by the time we sat down, greg and i shared blueberry banana pancakes which were divine, and i had an egg white crab omelet with avocado and tomato in it, and potatoes. the breakfast also came with a bakery item so greg got the raspberry coffee cake and i got a carrot walnut bread, we just ate his coffee cake and brought the walnut bread home. i was SO FULL after breakfast, but man it was good.

came home and almost passed out on the floor greeting portia, managed to get upstairs to shower and then decided before i was utterly useless for the next few hours i would make a fresh fruit salad .... since you mentioned yours a few days ago rod i was daydreaming about it, esp since the one i made on 4th of july was SO good, and my girlfriend made a great one yesterday too that i noshed on. so i dug out all the fruit in the fridge, we typically have a fair amount of it, and cut up peaches, kiwis, strawberries, watermelon and added blueberries. so now it's chilling in the fridge. and i cutup the rest of one of the small watermelons and threw it in a blender with the juice from a lemon and some turbinado sugar and blended it up for a watermelonade...saw the recipe in my latest Shape and it looked so tasty. so that's chilling in the fridge as well for a treat drink later.

so now i am just going to relax on the couch for a bit and also spend some time on the patio this afternoon...then later this afternoon we are supposed to go to this outdoor art and wine festival with our neighbors...we'll see how perky we feel.
3.gif
hope everyone is out enjoying their beautiful sunday, it's so funny because it was 11am when we were about to drive home and i told greg i felt like we had already had a whole day gone by...in terms of 'activity'...and now it's only 1pm and i feel ready for bed! lol! but it was a lot of fun, we like doing these structured races because it's nice to get out early when you wouldn't otherwise, and see a bunch of people in various stages of fitness all meeting and working for the same goal. so...very fun overall.

welcome maisie..i can't believe you have 50 lbs to lose, haven't you posted your picture on here before...i thought you were tiny?! as for best way...i'd say eat better and move more...however you do both of those, to me those are the key to losing weight. smaller portions (just shave a tiny bit off each time and it can add up) and add even something like a 1m walk into your routine a day (15-20 minutes is all it takes) and over time your body will respond. good luck.

dani...kudos on a good race time, don't worry about running vs walking, i was with people today who were running slowly the whole way and i ended up passing by walking, then they'd catch up as they went a little faster, then i'd catch up when i walked faster...sometimes walking can be just as good as running and it is easier on your body, so there's nothing with walking and adding running intervals as well...you get to the same place right??
5.gif
i honestly don't think everyone is made for running, i am not certain i am...as i don't love it at all but it is kind of more time efficient on longer distances OR when you have less time.

yay for a walk jeff. pg, i wouldn't worry about forgetting to work out, just do a long walk later or something with hubby. not every day has to be a really intense workout day...i find i need a break sometimes as well.

have a great day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Mara - congrats on the race!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends!!!!
41.gif

Thanks Marcy and Danielle for the warm wishes for my knee; my mom bought me the Therma Care Heatwraps and it feels so good!

Jeff, yah for snug gap shirt from ripped muscles. hehee

Marcy, glad you had fun at the wedding; nice that you took it easy for dinner. Kudos on balancing out your food.

Mara and Danielle, whoooooo hooooo on your races! Sounds like a blast.
35.gif
Cute Mara that you made it a family affair. Yay, Speed Racers
9.gif

Welcome Maisie!!! Take baby steps! Set small goals. Nice to see your happy self here!!! Walking is great exercise.

Hi Lorelei!!! Are your bones better?

Hubby and I got haircuts so we feel great!!! Plus my hubby looks adorable now.
31.gif
Today I met my family for lunch and had the best time playing w/my nephew. He is 1 1/2 and soooo much fun! I had fage and raspberries for breakfast and pizza margarita for lunch; I will have a nice light dinner! Looks like we might get rain.

Happy Sunday all
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did post a picture here Mara but it was a face shot only. I wouldn''t have posted a full body shot lol!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday, friends and fellow WWT’s.
35.gif

I slept 9 hours last night – 3 hours longer than normal for me. I’ll probably be tired all day. For breakfast I ate my last 2 chocolate chip muffins that I froze from a few weeks ago. Then I went to the grocery store and got a roast to cook for lunch. I baked potatoes instead of putting the potatoes in with the meat. I fixed some raw veggies to go with it. My DH called me when he was an hour away from home but the roast was done so I told him I’d keep it warm for him I wanted to eat now. He got home and I fixed his lunch. For supper we are having cake and ice cream. Yes, you read that right. I bought 2 pieces of cake at the store and some of the dreyers low fat ice cream. They didn’t have my favorite bottled root beer so I decided cake and ice cream will do instead of a RB float.
I worked on school and made our monthly astronomy newsletter for our astronomy club this afternoon.
Mara, it sounds like you have a wonderful time with your friends. Your ice cream cake sounds marvelous. I like CS white chocolate mousse ice cream. Congratulations on such a great time on your run / walk. You did awesome.
RB, I am glad you had a nice walk around the lake.
Welcome Maisie, and welcome (back) to our group. Your wedding picture is lovely. It sounds so romantic to renew your vows in Italy. My husband would go for that idea, too. It sounds like you are off to a great start, eating right and starting to exercise. Walking on the beach sounds marvelous but I know it’s hard on your legs.
PhoenixGirl, that’s great you got the bathroom and office organized. I need to work on our toy room (computer / office) soon.
Danielle, it sounds like you had a nice morning on the beach and lunch at a fun drive-in.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
36.gif

Marcy

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I tried to go for a walk around 3, but I obviously was still sorting out the alcohol from lunch, and it was hot. I was just toast. I walked 1.5 miles, then came home and plopped on the coach. I even took a quick shower.

Around 5 I felt a lot better and like my walk just wouldn''t do for the day, so I did the Firm video. I don''t know what it is, but I really love that video (the others I do because it''s good for me but I don''t necessary enjoy them in the moment). So I''m glad that even though I initially forgot
6.gif
about working out, today wasn''t really a setback.

DH and I also walked 2 miles last night to and fro our friends'' party and 1.2 miles to and fro lunch today. I don''t record casual walking as exercise in my journal, but I know it''s not hurting our bodies or the planet to walk instead of drive when we can.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PG you can record the walking as ICU''s in your journal, aka incremental calories used kind of thing. When I was not working I added more walking to my days and I ended up walking like an extra 1-2.5 miles per day depending on what else I had going on. For every mile you walk depending on pace and your weight you can burn about 100 cals per mile...but since you are smaller and if your pace is not fast it might be more like 75cals per mile or something, but hey it''s something esp if you do a few extra miles a day other than your workout videos, that could be like 200-300 extra cals burned. I was burning like 3500 cals a week when not working, crazy what kind of extra exercise you can do when not working and with extra time hehe!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that''s a good point. I do want to be more active and burn more calories by walking instead of driving, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. But I guess my journal is more about making sure I see a big exercise event . . . walking 5 miles or a Firm video . . . most days out of each week. I guess I''m afraid that if I write down the miles I walk here and there when the weather''s nice, I''ll mistake that for "real" exercise and not do the real thing too.

And I don''t actually count calories. I tried to do it a little using MyPyramid, but it was too much of a hassle for me and sometimes what it would come up with for an item wasn''t what the box actually said, so I felt like it wasn''t very useful. My approach is pretty much to try to eat as much good food as possible and try not to overeat and then if I start gaining weight back I''ll adjust what I''m eating. So since I''m not actually counting the calories in, I don''t feel like I need to keep such careful track of calories out.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5:45 AM on a Sunday Mara??? Oh no, that hour doesn''t exist in Rod''s world! Glad you had a good time at the race and congratulations to you all, especially your dad and Greg!

Welcome Maise. 1/1 - 1 lbs., a week is a great goal and easily attainable. Like Mara said, eat less, do more and you''ll lose weight. Good luck and let us know what we can offer in help and support! And I agree with Lorelei, if there''s any sense of fear that your heart might not be up to cardio workouts, go see your doctor and be checked out.

Glad getting haircuts made you happy Skippy. I do agree that being pleased with ones hair is a nice thing.

Phoneix.......funny that in Phoenix 95 degree''s is outdoor weather!! Don''t worry about not being able to work out. Missing a day won''t derail your progress and as Mara pointed out, on days you can''t devote the time for a fitness session, just make sure you walk a bit more, or take stairs when you might have taken the elevator, etc.

Kudos on the walk around the lake Jeff and then heading to the gym to boot. Being in the same age range as you, it''s nice to know we can do such things and benefit even more!!

Today was just a really nice day. We slept in again (still a luxury for me) and had our normal fresh fruit, scone and coffee on the terrace. It was a beautiful morning on Tampa Bay, and we got to watch the cruise ships returning to port and assorted boats on the bay as well. We had a quick lunch (bagel sandwich for me yumm) and then hit the gym for one of our longer weekly workouts. Since we don''t work out on Monday''s, I take the liberty of pushing even harder on Sundays, like I do on Thursdays. Since I''ve been seeing real progress in my chest, I''ve been spending more times on my arms, pecs and stomach muscles. I pushed the notch up a couple levels on the elliptical today as well and I can definitely feel it in my legs.

For dinner, we had cup of beef soup and a couple pieces of barbequed chicken. Neither of us was really hungry for some reason, so we just picked the food up at our little family owned grocery store, where they barbeque ribs and chicken in a big kettle just outside the front of the store. It''s really good and very reasonably priced. For dessert we wound up going to Starbucks and since it''s still pretty warm out, we wanted something cold and smooth, so we both got a Raspberry Mocha Frapuccino for a change. Very smooth, cold and tasty. I know it has more fat and calories than I really needed, but it was just what I wanted. So, we came home and I swam in the pool for 1/2 hour to help me feel better about the indulgence!

Tomorrow''s Monday, so it''s dinner at our 2nd fav Sushi spot, which we so look forward to. Then, we''ll be back to working out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as usual.

Sounds like everyone''s doing well and looking forward to the new week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had ½ PB sandwich and a few gold fish for supper. We ended up eating our dessert about 3 so I didn’t want to be hungry when I go to bed; I can’t sleep then. Since I dropped the box that our pieces of cake were in earlier today, I had the piece with most of the frosting gone – not as good but less fattening. The dreyers low fat ice cream was really good.
We went out and walked around Lowe’s for awhile then I did stretches when we got home.
Skippy, I am so glad the heatwraps make your knee feel better. That’s nice you both got haircuts. I need to get a perm soon. I have this document that shows full length pictures of me in 2002, 2005, then about every month since February and I swear my hair looks the SAME in every photo. I guess I don’t change my hair style much. I’m glad you got to spend time with your family. Your nephew sounds cute.
PhoenixGirl, I look forward to the day I can walk as much as you do for the “record”. I count my walking around stores, walking around work, etc as some of my exercise. Compared to a year ago, it’s all a vast improvement. I do try to go for a walk at night as well. I’m glad you are feeling better this afternoon.
Mara, that’s a good point how many calories you burn just doing everything things. I try to walk the long way at work just to help. I do my stretches several times a day as well.
Rod, it sounds like you had a lovely day and a great work out. That’s good you are pushing the elliptical up a few notches. Watching cruise ships come in sounds really fun.
Take care everyone.
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, yay for a Sunday swim!!! Watching cruise ships come in sounds really fun to me too.
face23.gif

Marcy, you should treat yourself to a different hairstyle at a hip salon as a treat for all your healthy eating and exercise. It is fun to mix it up a bit. I had short hair forever and decided to grow it long. I like to change things up; makes it fun! Nice walk!!! Marcy you are too cute; I love reading your posts. You are always sooooo thoughtful and happy. hehehe

Kimberly hope you had fun house hunting!!!!
9.gif

Kudos friends and sweet dreams!!!
24.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skip, you''re so sweet, we didn''t find anything to add to our list of homes, but we did have fun and saw some neat houses, even if they aren''t right for us. Glad you got haircuts today, I love getting my hair done! I''m sure your DH is handsome even when he''s a bit shaggy.

Rod, your swim sounds lovely, I''m jealous!

Mara, so glad the walk/run went well. I love the wine festivals up in your area, hope you enjoy(ed)!

Dinner was steak, roasted potatoes and grilled squash/onions. Really yummy.

It''s back to work tomorrow, should be fun!

Have a fantastic evening all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skippy, I am working on getting a new hairdo. I''ve had the sides shorter for years (so I could see my earrings ha ha). Now I am working on getting the ends all one length to about my shoulders then will get it layered. I have thick hair so it looks bushy if it''s all one length. We went shopping before Christmas in Denver and I went to a hair salon at the mall and had a hair cut. They moosed it and spiked it. I giggled every time I looked in the mirror that day because my hair so different. It was fun. I am glad you like to read my posts; I enjoy reading yours as well. You always seem so happy and cheerful.

Kimberly, it sounds like you saw some nice houses. I hope you find the one you both want soon. It is fun to go look.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
sounds like everyone is having a great weekend! i''ve been busy and haven''t had much time to check in, but eating has been good this weekend. i had about half a brownie friday afternoon as they had a whole pile of them out during the meeting and i couldn''t totally resist, but at least it wasn''t a whole one! i took a nice long walk on friday, went horseback riding on saturday, and kayaking today, so i feel good about my activity level as well. the gloves helped, i don''t have any blisters from kayaking today - yay!

skippy, i hope the pt helps your knee.

rod, wear your t-shirt in good health!

marcy, i hope you enjoed your cake!

danielle and mara, congrats on the races.

jas, you crack me up! congrats on the skinny jeans and workin'' it.

gail and phoenix, congrats on your progress.

haven, my stomach gets upset now when i eat too much rich stuff. i have the occasional craving for greasy stuff, but i usually regret it later...

welcome maisie!

kimberly, hope you guys find your dream house soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I have thick hair too; I understand the growing out stage. I bet you look adorable in any hair cut Marcy!!!

Kimberly, I love house hunting. Glad you had a good day. Wow, that steak sounds yummy!

Great Job Shortblond, eating healthy and exercising!!! Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results