shape
carat
color
clarity

Unresolved issue with Ouros

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
I just did as well, what are your side stones? I am having him make a semimount with side brilliant cut side trapezoids and he cut them as step.... I am worried after reading this post

I considered trapezoids but ended up getting 4 long baguettes set north south (2 that are 6x2mm and 2 that are 4x2mm). He did get back to me with the cad revisions which looked good and I approved, so fingers crossed it will turn out as expected and fit my center stone. I am thinking very worse case If my center will not work in the setting (either doesn’t look good with the side stones or doesn’t fit) I could get a lab emerald for the center.

Edited to add: I haven’t seen the baguettes yet. I hope they will look nice. I did request to see pictures of them before they are set.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
I’ve never tried to send anything back to India, but I am originally from there, and I can tell you customs is an unmitigated frigging impossible I wish you never have the misfortune of having to deal with those [censored] nightmare in India.

Things will get stuck for ludicrous amounts of time, and the fees and charges and add-on duties can really, really add up with no guarantees that you’ll get your stuff in time or sometimes, if you’re unlucky, at all. I’m reminded of the time I ran out of shampoo and had to buy mine through an overseas seller, it was 4x what it would cost abroad in duties and taxes and took almost a month to get to me (despite a weeklong delivery timeline), by which time I was back in the country I lived in.

If you’re buying something from India, no problem, totally fine. Sending it back though, is a nightmare. I would never take the risk, especially with jewelry. Sending stuff to a US relative etc is pretty much how business is done here, I know that’s how my jeweler does it.

Hi AllAboard,

This ties in with what the vendor mentioned! Crazy. In my case it was easy to get fixed here and to be fair, the vendor offered to cover half the costs so couldnt have been more helpful. He said it would be cheaper for him to remake than have it repaired locally but we could not sort a return! I would have no issue using the vendor again however knowing that I can not return would put me off using again if i am honest!

I buy from abroad all the time, not just jewellery, and have always treated the transactions as one way, as returning anything is just too laborious to worth my time and effort.

The last time I returned anything, it was for a couple of cheeseboards as presents, I was out of pocket as the seller who allegedly sent me the wrong products - they sent me some cheapo pocket mirrors that were not to my taste and liking, and what I did order were no longer available, tried to get me to accept the goods that I did not order at a reduced price and I said no.

Eventually after some e-mail ping ponging they agreed for the wrong goods to be returned for a refund once they had received them.

I returned the goods on the understanding that they would pay for the postage in writing, using the cheapest option with signature.

I did not get my postage back despite repeated e-mails that went unanswered.

So I wrote them a strongly worded e-mail, and drew a line in the sand.

I could not leave a negative feedback as the company where I bought the goods were no longer trading.

I was out of pocket for only a small amount of money, however, it was the frustration of being conned and deliberately lied to that annoyed me.

The vendor was based in China.

DK :roll2:

I'm similar here DK, I think i would only order again if i knew i was going to keep no matter what!

I will be interested to see how @e2the3rd gets on with returning! I have my fingers crossed for them!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I have a new update: Vijay changed his mind about offering a refund. Yep. Instead, he's sending me the stock posts for me to have a local jeweler replace them.

After I thanked him for agreeing to the refund, and he replied how he was grateful to help out his customers, and asked me to send tracking info so he could track the shipment every day... he messaged me again later how if I read his shop policies I can see that I cannot return for a refund, but that he can fix the problem, and to let him know how he can help. !?!

So I took him up on his previous offer of sending me the stock posts. I also suggested that he could help me out with the cost of replacing the posts by giving me a partial refund, but he declined, per his shop policies.

I'm actually quite fine with this (though I was really looking forward to a refund), because I had started feeling uneasy about the earrings actually making it back to him and instead finding myself out $600+ and no earrings. Seeing some of the latest comments now, I suppose I'm glad I hadn't sent them back.

Can't wait for this all to be over !

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
e2the3rd, has he given you any instructions on sending the earrings back?

I am curious as I had an issue with a vendor from India (Not Ouros and only something small), the offered to remake it however there was a big issue with sending it back. Basically they told me that it could not be sent directly as it would be held in customs for months etc., they wanted me to send to a relative in US who would bring it over to them when they were visiting (not sure how when borders were all closed last year?). For a finish I ended up just leaving it and having it repaired locally rather than the remake I wanted as it wasn't worth it!

Now just to add, I don't think for a second the vendor was trying to scam me in any way, I think they were genuinely trying to come up with a solution to get the ring back to them to remake, I am just not sure why the big drama with sending it back!

Would be interested to see if anyone else had any issues sending items back to vendors in India.

Yes, he included some instructions on shipping back to him, including keeping the value very low on the customs form, and using only usps priority mail. I’m glad (and stunned) he took back his offer for me to return them, so I didn’t have to worry for however long about the package actually making it there and getting my money back. Your comment and others following made me extra uneasy about shipping so now I’m doing the same as you, having them repaired here.

I have a new update: Vijay changed his mind about offering a refund. Yep. Instead, he's sending me the stock posts for me to have a local jeweler replace them.

After I thanked him for agreeing to the refund, and he replied how he was grateful to help out his customers, and asked me to send tracking info so he could track the shipment every day... he messaged me again later how if I read his shop policies I can see that I cannot return for a refund, but that he can fix the problem, and to let him know how he can help. !?!

So I took him up on his previous offer of sending me the stock posts. I also suggested that he could help me out with the cost of replacing the posts by giving me a partial refund, but he declined, per his shop policies.

I'm actually quite fine with this (though I was really looking forward to a refund), because I had started feeling uneasy about the earrings actually making it back to him and instead finding myself out $600+ and no earrings. Seeing some of the latest comments now, I suppose I'm glad I hadn't sent them back.

Wuh. Just...wuh? Sigh. At least it's better than nothing. Hope this whole thing is over soon and you can move on to your next project @e2the3rd.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

That sounds very strange... I wonder if two different people were messaging you.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the stock posts make the earrings wearable for you!

thank for sharing your experience- I had an item I was interested in ordering (stock not custom) but may hold off, as I do like to have the option to return and it sounds like that is pretty challenging.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I received my M colored OEC studs and they came out perfect (I'll make a thread later) but I almost had a heart attack because UPS delivered it to the wrong building.
Thankfully the people that got the package put it in my lobby BUT when I looked at the customs information I realized what a shit-show it could've been because it was declared for only $50. That could've turned out so bad as it means it's not insured.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I received my M colored OEC studs and they came out perfect (I'll make a thread later) but I almost had a heart attack because UPS delivered it to the wrong building.
Thankfully the people that got the package put it in my lobby BUT when I looked at the customs information I realized what a shit-show it could've been because it was declared for only $50. That could've turned out so bad as it means it's not insured.

It’s my understanding that it’s the seller responsibility to deliver the goods to the address of the buyer. When the goods is lost in transit, it’s the seller problem. When the goods is stolen on the front porch of the buyer, it’s the buyer problem.

So it’s on Ouros if they lost the uninsured package.

It’s best to pay with your credit card for buyer protection.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Update:

As I shared previously, Vijay agreed to send me stock replacement earring posts on Jan 14, after he walked back his offer to give me a refund.

I followed up a little over a week later requesting the tracking / shipping info for the posts. He replied the same day that he was on holiday with his family and would get back to me Monday after checking with his team. He didn't. I followed up again on Tuesday, and received a response today, Thursday.

No tracking number, but instead what appears to be a message for anyone asking about their shipments, addressed "Dear Valued customer" - saying that the UPS crew had to be quarantined for COVID, leading to flight cancellations, so the shipment has been sent by them but has been on hold with UPS.

Maybe it's true but my initial reaction to this message is what a crock ! So many different excuses and mixed messages since the beginning, with the initial missing shipment of my earrings order. I've tried to be patient but I'm so over this whole thing. I will never take a chance with Ouros again.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry :(

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock
Update:

As I shared previously, Vijay agreed to send me stock replacement earring posts on Jan 14, after he walked back his offer to give me a refund.

I followed up a little over a week later requesting the tracking / shipping info for the posts. He replied the same day that he was on holiday with his family and would get back to me Monday after checking with his team. He didn't. I followed up again on Tuesday, and received a response today, Thursday.

No tracking number, but instead what appears to be a message for anyone asking about their shipments, addressed "Dear Valued customer" - saying that the UPS crew had to be quarantined for COVID, leading to flight cancellations, so the shipment has been sent by them but has been on hold with UPS.

Maybe it's true but my initial reaction to this message is what a crock ! So many different excuses and mixed messages since the beginning, with the initial missing shipment of my earrings order. I've tried to be patient but I'm so over this whole thing. I will never take a chance with Ouros again.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you but thank you for sharing your experience with others.

digital_bling

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry you're having this experience. My experience was very frustrating as well.
I don't know which member of the team was corresponding on Vijay's behalf (they never make clear who is responding -- weird) but I hope Vijay will get his team organized and on the same page. I have a feeling there is pure chaos behind the scenes there. Unsettling.

It seems like the loose on Ouros are going up in price? Maybe I'm imagining things?

Edit: Did you make your purchase via Etsy? It may be possible for you to open a case.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry you're having this experience. My experience was very frustrating as well.
I don't know which member of the team was corresponding on Vijay's behalf (they never make clear who is responding -- weird) but I hope Vijay will get his team organized and on the same page. I have a feeling there is pure chaos behind the scenes there. Unsettling.

It seems like the loose on Ouros are going up in price? Maybe I'm imagining things?

Edit: Did you make your purchase via Etsy? It may be possible for you to open a case.

Yes, they could certainly stand to have some training in a few areas, but particularly customer service, beyond just being very responsive and sweet before the sale.

I did purchase on Etsy, and there is a place that says click here if there's a problem with your order and Etsy will nudge the seller to respond quickly, and then Etsy can review those messages if you aren't getting anywhere with the seller - I was stupid and didn't go this route. I just continued messaging through our regular messages because I didn't expect to have such issues. If the replacement posts don't arrive as promised, then I will definitely try going that way.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Finally received the UPS tracking number I requested for the replacement posts. Apparently I was right to think the elaborate reason for the delay he gave me last week wasn't true - the shipment progress shows Label Created on 1/31, the day before he sent me the tracking number.

digital_bling

Rough_Rock
Did anyone else catch Ouros Jewels' instagram story which heavily implied that Alex Parks was stealing their content?
Is it true?

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did anyone else catch Ouros Jewels' instagram story which heavily implied that Alex Parks was stealing their content?
Is it true?

oh gosh, i see it now. i don't know what to think of this? from the two videos, the background look extremely similar....

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh, i see it now. i don't know what to think of this? from the two videos, the background look extremely similar....

I don’t see anything did they take it down? And by stealing content what do they mean?? I can’t imagine Parks trying to pass off Ouros’ stuff as as his own.

Edit- nm I see it; it’s pinned. Hmmmm now I’m wondering….

Last edited:

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t see anything did they take it down? And by stealing content what do they mean?

it's on Ouros IG highlights:

And i did see on AP's IG, I was excited that he is now offering OEC cuts in LCD, but he deleted his post now.

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
I did briefly chat with Alex about this situation via Instagram DMs. He told me that he was working with/teaching a manufacturer of LGD, for the purpose of developing old cut LGD stones for sale. Alex said that the video in question was from the LGD manufacturer, and that he (Alex) has the actual stone from that video in his posession (e.g., he says he didn't steal anything from Vijay). Alex said that he never ended up signing a contract with the manufacturer, though, and it seems the manufacturer is selling to Vijay/Ouros now.

Full disclosure, I've purchased from both businesses in the past. I'm sure Alex would be happy to answer questions if you message him - not sure about Vijay, I didn't attempt to talk to him about this situation.

Stephanie

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did briefly chat with Alex about this situation via Instagram DMs. He told me that he was working with/teaching a manufacturer of LGD, for the purpose of developing old cut LGD stones for sale. Alex said that the video in question was from the LGD manufacturer, and that he (Alex) has the actual stone from that video in his posession (e.g., he says he didn't steal anything from Vijay). Alex said that he never ended up signing a contract with the manufacturer, though, and it seems the manufacturer is selling to Vijay/Ouros now.

Full disclosure, I've purchased from both businesses in the past. I'm sure Alex would be happy to answer questions if you message him - not sure about Vijay, I didn't attempt to talk to him about this situation.

Stephanie

I am the one who brought the original IG post from Ouros to Alex's attention, and he told me the same. I believe they (Alex and Ouros) are likely using the same manufacturer, but certainly Alex didn't steal anything from Ouros. Alex also sent me screenshots of the convo between him and Ouros. From what I saw, Ouros read all of the messages but didn't reply to them (and subsequently removed the accusation from their stories--or the story expired or something).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The issue is that two different jewelers can work with the same manufacturer. According to Alex, the cutter/manufacturer sent Alex that video of a stone cut for Alex. Alex posted that video because the stone is his. Somehow (and this is where I get confused), Ouros thought Alex was trying to "pass off" a stone that belonged to them (since they use the same cutter/'manufactuer). Why Ouros thought a stone that belongs to Alex was theirs I have no idea. But, to be perfectly frank, I trust Alex 1000x more than Ouros given the issues people have had with them and my own experiences with them.

Disclosure: I've never purchased from either vendor, but have spoken with both of them on several occasions.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am the one who brought the original IG post from Ouros to Alex's attention, and he told me the same. I believe they (Alex and Ouros) are likely using the same manufacturer, but certainly Alex didn't steal anything from Ouros. Alex also sent me screenshots of the convo between him and Ouros. From what I saw, Ouros read all of the messages but didn't reply to them (and subsequently removed the accusation from their stories--or the story expired or something).

I am a nerd, I admit, I paused the video a few times and do see the background is almost the same, but the angle of the plants are slightly different, so they are probably two different videos, but with same background, same tweezer and lighting, just not sure if they are the same stone. I thought the only possibility is both videos are from the same cutter. I hope Alex know next time not to use vendors' video even though he could have bought the stone already. The same cutter (or most cutters) market to the same jewelers afterall and see who bites. I guess everyone knows everyone in the jewelry business.

Anyhow, Ouros' video is still there, he hasn't deleted it yet, it is under his Be Aware highlights.

sorry OP, we threadjacked your post.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

No... the "be aware" story is still there.

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
Reading about multiple issues is making me nervous since I placed my first order with ouros this week. I ordered a custom semi mount with custom cut side stones for a stone I already have. I hope everything will work out for me. So far the communication has been very clear and excellent. I got the first cad and asked for 2 changes. I’m hoping I will get a revised cad to approve before he produces the setting.

I finally received videos of my ring and I asked for h,i,j color sides (4 long baguettes) since my center stone is k color and the video has very white stones. After I saw the video I asked in Etsy messages for the color and was told the baguettes are d,e color. I don’t know what to do. I have previously set my k color with much whiter stones and I hated the look. It makes the k color look so obviously yellow in comparison. Do you think they will cut new warmer baguettes or offer a refund? They have not shipped it yet. I also noticed some uneven areas on the metal where the stones are set and pointed that out. Any advice is appreciated.

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
I just did as well, what are your side stones? I am having him make a semimount with side brilliant cut side trapezoids and he cut them as step.... I am worried after reading this post

What ended up happening with your ring? Did he end up cutting brilliant trapezoids for you and remaking your ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results