shape
carat
color
clarity

Unresolved issue with Ouros

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
e2the3rd, has he given you any instructions on sending the earrings back?

I am curious as I had an issue with a vendor from India (Not Ouros and only something small), the offered to remake it however there was a big issue with sending it back. Basically they told me that it could not be sent directly as it would be held in customs for months etc., they wanted me to send to a relative in US who would bring it over to them when they were visiting (not sure how when borders were all closed last year?). For a finish I ended up just leaving it and having it repaired locally rather than the remake I wanted as it wasn't worth it!

Now just to add, I don't think for a second the vendor was trying to scam me in any way, I think they were genuinely trying to come up with a solution to get the ring back to them to remake, I am just not sure why the big drama with sending it back!

Would be interested to see if anyone else had any issues sending items back to vendors in India.

I've heard it's almost impossible. It will hang up when it re-enters India and you won't know what's going on for a long time.
I ordered a tetris ring from Abhika Jewels with some customization and if it arrives not quite right I'll have it fixed here or live with it. I love their designs and prices but it's the other side of the world.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I finally received videos of my ring and I asked for h,i,j color sides (4 long baguettes) since my center stone is k color and the video has very white stones. After I saw the video I asked in Etsy messages for the color and was told the baguettes are d,e color. I don’t know what to do. I have previously set my k color with much whiter stones and I hated the look. It makes the k color look so obviously yellow in comparison. Do you think they will cut new warmer baguettes or offer a refund? They have not shipped it yet. I also noticed some uneven areas on the metal where the stones are set and pointed that out. Any advice is appreciated.

What a bummer, sorry! I would click on that “problem with your order” button on Etsy (at the bottom in the message thread) and message him that way, so Etsy can step in if he doesn’t respond or come through with a solution. From there you can select from a menu what you would like done (fix or refund, etc) and include your message to him, and pictures. I’d summarize your issues in that message so the whole story is there and include a screenshot of your original message requesting the warmer stones.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Etsy will stand behind buyers but all your correspondence needs to be on Etsy channels. I bought a bracelet from Ferkos for gods sake and paid a bit more thru Etsy just to have that protection.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FWIW, last summer Alex had two LGDs cut into OECs for me. They're now gracing my lobes. Some of you may have seen them, they're set in a six-prong lotus flower setting and weigh in at 2.01 cts each. They're F and G color. Love them.

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
What a bummer, sorry! I would click on that “problem with your order” button on Etsy (at the bottom in the message thread) and message him that way, so Etsy can step in if he doesn’t respond or come through with a solution. From there you can select from a menu what you would like done (fix or refund, etc) and include your message to him, and pictures. I’d summarize your issues in that message so the whole story is there and include a screenshot of your original message requesting the warmer stones.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
FWIW, last summer Alex had two LGDs cut into OECs for me. They're now gracing my lobes. Some of you may have seen them, they're set in a six-prong lotus flower setting and weigh in at 2.01 cts each. They're F and G color. Love them.

Those sound fabulous! Have we seen them? Forgive me if I missed the post.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the advice.

Sure thing. I finally tried this “problem with order” option the other day, because he sent me only one set of replacement earring posts instead of two, as promised. He responded swiftly and was the most courteous he’s been so far throughout our many exchanges.

I should have done this from the very beginning, I just didn’t think it would be necessary so I kept using our original message thread. Don’t do what I did. Click on that problem button and save yourself weeks of trouble.

Hope he agrees to whatever you decide you would like to do. Please come back and let us know what happens!

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I should have been more clear...you may have seen them on IG if you follow Alex.
1645054225687.png
1645054302228.png

These are so pretty, Alex did well. Would you post a separate thread on these? They are so perfect!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone else catch Ouros Jewels' instagram story which heavily implied that Alex Parks was stealing their content?
Is it true?

Sorry hijacking this again. Just wanted to give my input as I think I’m the only one who messaged Ouros. I was shocked when I saw his “beware” post so I sent a DM to Ouros saying “hmm this is really weird bc Parksfinegroup is a very reputable seller”. After some delay the reply was a brief “there was a misunderstanding but it’s been sorted out now” but I was disappointed to see that they never took down the pinned post. To me that is a -1 for Ouros even though I’ve been lurking their shop for a potential future buy.

They actually also had another pinned post about Alexs’ ourosboros ring but since that’s a general term that they must have interpreted as copying, they seem to have taken that one down…

Also SO bummed that Alex’s LGD cutter didn’t work out…. I’ve been tapping my foot impatiently to see how his lab old mines will look and hoping this doesn’t cause more delay!

@e2the3rd what a headache though! Hope the new posts work out for you!!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had a similar issue with Ouros. I commissioned a custom ring from them in white gold. It took several months to complete. When it arrived several areas looked yellow (under the stones) and on the milgrain like they had missed it when the plated it in white gold. They at first offered to repair it (after having to send them photos several times). But they stopped responding when I asked them to pay for return shipping as this was a mistake of quality control. I eventually gave up but I won’t purchase from them again.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
It's so weird that there are so many issues. I have a pair of 1CTW M colored OEC studs coming in a few days so I hope I don't have issues. My order was semi-custom as I requested M colored OEC diamonds, 6-claw prongs, and regular posts (original listing was for colorless diamonds in 4 prongs and screw backs. It was quick with me, like he sent me CAD's a few days (which I had him take note with what I wanted edited and then approved it), like 5 or so days he sent me a video of the diamonds indoors, I asked for outdoor video that he sent next day (I approved), then took like a week to make/set diamonds and send video of completed earrings. They were just shipped and overall took 3 weeks from start to finish.
By the way warmer diamonds are cheaper, it was like $250 less than the colorless studs.
I was going to get studs for 2nd piercing too but now I'm worried they'll be too thick as the holes aren't stretched, I guess I could measure my current stud posts and request the same ones.
Hopefully, it will get resolved!

are the OEC diamonds LGD as well? I've been considering OEC studs myself.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
1645056649818.png I bought this from Abhika Jewels on etsy. Madhulika was very responsive and painstaking, and I love this little ring. The diamonds are tiny but they have major color and sparkle and they came with an EGL card!. The packaging was muslin with wax seals and contained a personal note.
I think I'm in their camp for a while.

sparkleandfire

Rough_Rock
What ended up happening with your ring? Did he end up cutting brilliant trapezoids for you and remaking your ring?

It’s been a mess, he is telling me that he can make the step cut stone into brilliant cut using the same stone….. I have no idea if that is even possible and told him I wanted it to be corrected since it was his mistake and he refuses to start over. Right now I am waiting to see how it will look converting the same stones from step to brilliant. I told him I wanted to see the stones before they were set. Right now just waiting to see how they look. Honestly I would not go the custom route with Ouros based on this experience.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been a mess, he is telling me that he can make the step cut stone into brilliant cut using the same stone….. I have no idea if that is even possible and told him I wanted it to be corrected since it was his mistake and he refuses to start over. Right now I am waiting to see how it will look converting the same stones from step to brilliant. I told him I wanted to see the stones before they were set. Right now just waiting to see how they look. Honestly I would not go the custom route with Ouros based on this experience.

Oh no. I don't think that's going to work well at all to change it from step to brilliant. I'm sorry:(

sparkleandfire

Rough_Rock
Oh no. I don't think that's going to work well at all to change it from step to brilliant. I'm sorry:(

I didn’t think so either and I am so over this process. Honestly if I hadn’t put down half I would scrap the project. If he doesn’t get the trapezoids right then I’ll have to file a claim and hopefully get my money back. It’s been ongoing since December.

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
Sure thing. I finally tried this “problem with order” option the other day, because he sent me only one set of replacement earring posts instead of two, as promised. He responded swiftly and was the most courteous he’s been so far throughout our many exchanges.

I should have done this from the very beginning, I just didn’t think it would be necessary so I kept using our original message thread. Don’t do what I did. Click on that problem button and save yourself weeks of trouble.

Hope he agrees to whatever you decide you would like to do. Please come back and let us know what happens!

Thank you he’s been very responsive since I contracted him via “problem with order” method. He apologized and is recutting the baguettes with a warmer color and is going to remake the ring. He said he would let me view the baguettes prior to setting them this time. Hope it will work out for me.

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock

That sounds very disappointing. I’m hoping the recut will look nice. I paid the full amount up front but the baguettes in a semi mount was much less expensive than trapezoids.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you he’s been very responsive since I contracted him via “problem with order” method. He apologized and is recutting the baguettes with a warmer color and is going to remake the ring. He said he would let me view the baguettes prior to setting them this time. Hope it will work out for me.

Sounds promising! And wow, you got an apology, I haven’t seen one of those

sparkleandfire

Rough_Rock
I just did as well, what are your side stones? I am having him make a semimount with side brilliant cut side trapezoids and he cut them as step.... I am worried after reading this post

These are the step trapezoids that Ouros corrected to brilliant. Someone please tell me they also see the “ leaking chevron” in the right trap….
I specifically said I wanted them cut new since I had seen him make the same mistake with another customer and it came out terrible, and you could clearly see these large arrows from not being cut correctly.
Am I being too paranoid or picky?? Does anyone else see it?

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock

Things aren’t going well on my end with the ring remake. He had new baguettes cut in a warmer color but they don’t match. The 2 long ones 6mm x 2mm looked totally different in cut. One had a very short inner step and the other had a very long inner step. I know they are small stones but it was so obvious they have very different cuts. I brought it up and was told they will do new cuts to have matching stones. I thought this meant cut another baguette but I guess they just recut the baguette with the longer step to try to match it to the other baguette. It still doesn’t match and I can’t tell any difference after the recut. I don’t know what to do at this point. He already marked it as shipped last week even though it’s still being made since he said he hit the time limit for shipping it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Here’s 3 pics. 2 before and 1 after. Sorry for the pic quality these are screenshots taken of videos. AF7CF9D7-8E5F-49DB-A5E6-18686285A0AD.jpeg

Attachments

• 953C3FFD-50CC-4A1B-A241-D87292A5AB3F.jpeg
    953C3FFD-50CC-4A1B-A241-D87292A5AB3F.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 71388AE0-CBF2-40D3-9050-8AD6F6D0596C.jpeg
    71388AE0-CBF2-40D3-9050-8AD6F6D0596C.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 20

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Things aren’t going well on my end with the ring remake. He had new baguettes cut in a warmer color but they don’t match. The 2 long ones 6mm x 2mm looked totally different in cut. One had a very short inner step and the other had a very long inner step. I know they are small stones but it was so obvious they have very different cuts. I brought it up and was told they will do new cuts to have matching stones. I thought this meant cut another baguette but I guess they just recut the baguette with the longer step to try to match it to the other baguette. It still doesn’t match and I can’t tell any difference after the recut. I don’t know what to do at this point. He already marked it as shipped last week even though it’s still being made since he said he hit the time limit for shipping it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Here’s 3 pics. 2 before and 1 after. Sorry for the pic quality these are screenshots taken of videos. AF7CF9D7-8E5F-49DB-A5E6-18686285A0AD.jpeg

Wow. That’s maddening. How can he not see they still don’t match and have the nerve to send you the new pics!? I guess you can try pushing again and say you can’t tell any difference and demand a recut for a pair that matches - or throw in the towel and demand a refund. I don’t know if the difference would be noticeable in person or not but personally I wouldn’t want to take a chance because there will likely no longer be an opportunity to have him fix or refund after it’s in your hands.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That’s maddening. How can he not see they still don’t match and have the nerve to send you the new pics!? I guess you can try pushing again and say you can’t tell any difference and demand a recut for a pair that matches - or throw in the towel and demand a refund. I don’t know if the difference would be noticeable in person or not but personally I wouldn’t want to take a chance because there will likely no longer be an opportunity to have him fix or refund after it’s in your hands.

This. I wouldn't accept these.

sparkleandfire

Rough_Rock
I am

I am right in the same boat as you. I told him the ones he cut me I won’t accept, since like yours they didn’t match and now I haven’t heard from him. I’m about to pull the trigger on the Paypal refund. Keep me updated!

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
I am

I am right in the same boat as you. I told him the ones he cut me I won’t accept, since like yours they didn’t match and now I haven’t heard from him. I’m about to pull the trigger on the Paypal refund. Keep me updated!

So sorry yours isn’t going well either. Did yours get marked as shipped also?

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock

This. I wouldn't accept these.

Thank you for the feedback. I just asked him if he would refund the purchase. I’m really hoping he will agree to it.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock

Seems like Etsy might like to know that he’s marking items shipped that have not been shipped.

shelikessparkles

Rough_Rock
No, even though it’s been since December

Maybe since I had paid mine in full that’s why it had a deadline for shipment. Any update on yours? Are you getting a refund?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results