shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@paragon1234 I love seeing what those of us in the UK do project wise especially in a budget which I am on! Beautiful! :kiss2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay I now have a Brazilian Paraiba tourmaline! This is one of those stones that I had no idea about until I started reading PS. I was intrigued by the neon blue colour and rarity but had no real plans to get one until I saw one at a reasonable price from a local UK seller. My budget didn't stretch to thousands so I got a small cabochon and had it set in an off the shelf setting - 9k gold with diamond halo. The seller cut the stone from 2008 material.

It's a lovely sunny day today so I probably looked like a mad woman going around my garden placing my ring on various plants. I'm happy that I got to combine 3 of my loves in 1 activity - gardening, jewellery, photography.

Now for pics:
IMG_20200509_112353_Bokeh__01.jpg
IMG_20200509_111557__01.jpg
IMG_20200509_111148__01.jpg

What a beautiful stone and ring! Congrats. Please post a lot more of your beautiful photos including handshots

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay I now have a Brazilian Paraiba tourmaline! This is one of those stones that I had no idea about until I started reading PS. I was intrigued by the neon blue colour and rarity but had no real plans to get one until I saw one at a reasonable price from a local UK seller. My budget didn't stretch to thousands so I got a small cabochon and had it set in an off the shelf setting - 9k gold with diamond halo. The seller cut the stone from 2008 material.

It's a lovely sunny day today so I probably looked like a mad woman going around my garden placing my ring on various plants. I'm happy that I got to combine 3 of my loves in 1 activity - gardening, jewellery, photography.

Now for pics:

Congrats on your new, gorgeous ring. I love that you went with yellow gold and I feel like that pairs beautifully with the paraiba turquoise color. The pic of your paraiba on a red flower is stunning!! :kiss2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Now for pics:

The setting works beautifully with you paraiba cab!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And ask her to post a Paraiba group pic once she has received her new beautiful ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-design-help.255732/

Only for you @Acinom :) While I have more than my fair share of pieces, like most of my jewelry, they are all made up of smaller and/or budget-friendly stones, No big to-die-for pieces like yours and many others posted.

Perhaps inspiration for those who think they can never own/afford a paraiba :)

IMG_20200623_114753.jpg

Pinky finger (bottom to top):
- 6mm paraiba cab with hauynes/diamond melee - CRD Camelia setting (my first of many projects with Yvonne)
- 5.3mm paraiba center with pink spinel/diamonds - CRD custom (now Grace) setting
- approx 4.5 mm green paraiba center w/ Hauyne/pink sapphires -CRD Lilysetting

Ring finger (bottom to top)
- Paraiba and diamond cluster ring - The first time I saw paraibas IRL (and had to ask if they were real gemstones, lol).
- 4.47x6.41mm windex blue paraiba cab flanked by two 3.5mm paraiba rounds and moonstones - CRD custom

Middle finger (bottom to top)
- 7x9mm paraiba cab - more opaque but still pretty- think bright turquoise with a glow
- Medusa Quartz (from Vance Gems) with Paraiba Melee. Fun note: As soon as I saw this stone, I thought the blue specks looked like paraibas. Elke explained that while they came the same mine/area in Brazil as paraibas, the blue specs were actually. "Gilalite" (copper silicate). Some sell it as "Paraiba Quartz" for the reasons mentioned. I still couldn't resist pairing this inexpensive stone with Paraiba melee

Index finger:
- Not a true "paraiba" but certified by AGL as paraiba-type (copper bearing tourmaline) so likely from Mozambique. The ring that brought me to PS.

And on the back of my hand is a paraiba cluster pendant/enhancer. Lacks the true windex blues (and more greens than) found on my ring which made it a very affordable companion piece.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only for you @Acinom :) While I have more than my fair share of pieces, like most of my jewelry, they are all made up of smaller and/or budget-friendly stones, No big to-die-for pieces like yours and many others posted.

Perhaps inspiration for those who think they can never own/afford a paraiba :)

IMG_20200623_114753.jpg

Pinky finger (bottom to top):
- 6mm paraiba cab with hauynes/diamond melee - CRD Camelia setting (my first of many projects with Yvonne)
- 5.3mm paraiba center with pink spinel/diamonds - CRD custom (now Grace) setting
- approx 4.5 mm green paraiba center w/ Hauyne/pink sapphires -CRD Lilysetting

Ring finger (bottom to top)
- Paraiba and diamond cluster ring - The first time I saw paraibas IRL (and had to ask if they were real gemstones, lol).
- 4.47x6.41mm windex blue paraiba cab flanked by two 3.5mm paraiba rounds and moonstones - CRD custom

Middle finger (bottom to top)
- 7x9mm paraiba cab - more opaque but still pretty- think bright turquoise with a glow
- Medusa Quartz (from Vance Gems) with Paraiba Melee. Fun note: As soon as I saw this stone, I thought the blue specks looked like paraibas. Elke explained that while they came the same mine/area in Brazil as paraibas, the blue specs were actually. "Gilalite" (copper silicate). Some sell it as "Paraiba Quartz" for the reasons mentioned. I still couldn't resist pairing this inexpensive stone with Paraiba melee

Index finger:
- Not a true "paraiba" but certified by AGL as paraiba-type (copper bearing tourmaline) so likely from Mozambique. The ring that brought me to PS.

And on the back of my hand is a paraiba cluster pendant/enhancer. Lacks the true windex blues (and more greens than) found on my ring which made it a very affordable companion piece.

Wowowowow! I love this pic! What a collection. Thank you for posting this.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
For you Paraiba fans...how much does a window bug you? I’m looking at a few stones right now, one of which is a cushion that (to me) has a perfect color. However, it’s a bit less included which makes it a bit easier to see through. It’s not a terribly thin stone, and the proportions are good, it’s just not as included as some of the ones I’m seeing out there.

also wondering how much I can fix that with just setting it in a closed bezel. The window really only shows when sitting in the crack between fingers, and looks lovely when in a gem jar.

Attachments

• 4ACB871F-E668-411A-AD11-528D36490F62.jpeg
    4ACB871F-E668-411A-AD11-528D36490F62.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Paraiba melee is a great way to include glow in your jewellry box!

A fairy tale insect for @voce:
71FC1AD1-2335-44CB-8420-E06031F1F527.jpeg

Oops, Acinom, no paraibas here. The glowy blue-green melee here are untreated Panjshir emeralds.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Screenshot_20200709-112248__01.jpg
I said I was going to be sucked into this after buying my first paraiba. Now I've bought a second one! I got it from desertrose .35cts, 5.2x3.7mm oval. I have a ring already so now I want a pendant.

Screenshot_20200709-113238__01.jpg
I was really hoping for a 4mm round to put into this ivy and rose setting but none were left. I could ask them to customise it for my oval? Or do something else? Suggestions welcome.

I wish there was someone like DanielM on Etsy in the UK, who could make vintage designs without charging an arm and a leg.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Hello @paragon1234
Lovely stone ❤️
I am in the UK and found this person
I haven’t used her but could be interesting as works in silver and gold as well as repurposed gold. Worth a look

Attachments

• 1594297698151.png
    1594297698151.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 15

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
My latest CS purchase and first paraiba. It’s set In 18k gold and I love that the band has a bit of width and weight to it. Sorry for the awful picture — I’ll get a finger shot later.

78D9A568-F5BB-4E6C-9EE2-34F9CEDD8725.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results