shape
carat
color
clarity

My first Paraiba!!!! Ahhhh!

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Wow that setting looks incredible!! Who is this "Dan"?? I must look him up.
I can't wait to see the finished ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little tease......

Progress photos!!!! Ahhhhhhh!
I love it already!

icm_fullxfull.263288409_ngfszog60ms88cksssks.jpg

He also warned that rose gold tends to look yellow immediately after casting but will indeed look rose gold on my finger!

Im in love with how the prongs for the diamond halo already fit so well into the miligrain and will look as if each one is bezel set! I also love the wheat engraving on the shank as its so different from the usual romantic vine/swirl that I usual fall for!

Oh my gosh, this setting is so beautiful!! I can't wait to see it finished!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That setting is gorgeous! I’m in love with the engraving too and I just know this ring is about to be spectacular.

If it looks half as good as your fairy ring I'll truly be happy!
That ring has just stayed on my mind for so long and is in my top PS 5, I knew one day Id like to have my own version/take on it. ❤

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Looking forward to see the result. Dan did a great job.

He definetely is a great at what he does & Ive found that he easily interprets what you're wanting into something tangible!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it looks half as good as your fairy ring I'll truly be happy!
That ring has just stayed on my mind for so long and is in my top PS 5, I knew one day Id like to have my own version/take on it. ❤

Wow! That is such a freaking compliment. Thank you. I don’t think your ring will be “half as good as.” I think it will be exceptional and I’ll be writhing with jealousy the second I see it. Trust me. :love:

PS. Thanks to you, I’m naming my paraiba ring my ”fairy ring” now. :mrgreen:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is such a freaking compliment. Thank you. I don’t think your ring will be “half as good as.” I think it will be exceptional and I’ll be writhing with jealousy the second I see it. Trust me. :love:

PS. Thanks to you, I’m naming my paraiba ring my ”fairy ring” now. :mrgreen:

Yes! Elle the Paraiba fairy queen with your fairy ring!
<3
I found a picture befitting the situation of you passing on the love of paraiba to me,
showing me a gem like no other, and me a mere mortal! hahaha

Just change both blondes to two redheads lol

130147a6ba40bfb9544e17292ea95502.jpg

& Of course you have to wear this ensemble when you wear your fairy ring now! :lol:
ellefairy.jpg

Crap, now I've gone down the rabbit hole of art nouveau inspired nymph/fairy jewelry
& I'm kinda obsessing over the intricacy and beauty of these pieces.
Could you imagine a multi-colored enameled fairy pendant in 18k rose gold with a dangling
pear shaped Paraiba or diamond?! Oh no...what have I done?! I think I may need
a fairy necklace!

56fcf69ce9e1d37fffce358cb150738d.jpg
311e1c470b8b38a5b6b712a29f07dc55.jpg
156aa47ddbb4deac9075aa250904fbf6.jpg
pend_nymp_2.jpg
Large-Art-Nouvea-Lady-with-Garnet-Rhodalite_edited-1.jpg

Also Dan was uber quick and finished it yesterday!
He's sending it off tomorrow & I should have it sometime between Wednesday/Friday eeeeeep!
Just a tease image before I flood my thread with a million photos!
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

justatease.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Elle the Paraiba fairy queen with your fairy ring!
<3
I found a picture befitting the situation of you passing on the love of paraiba to me,
showing me a gem like no other, and me a mere mortal! hahaha

Just change both blondes to two redheads lol

130147a6ba40bfb9544e17292ea95502.jpg

& Of course you have to wear this ensemble when you wear your fairy ring now! :lol:
ellefairy.jpg

Crap, now I've gone down the rabbit hole of art nouveau inspired nymph/fairy jewelry
& I'm kinda obsessing over the intricacy and beauty of these pieces.
Could you imagine a multi-colored enameled fairy pendant in 18k rose gold with a dangling
pear shaped Paraiba or diamond?! Oh no...what have I done?! I think I may need
a fairy necklace!

56fcf69ce9e1d37fffce358cb150738d.jpg
311e1c470b8b38a5b6b712a29f07dc55.jpg
156aa47ddbb4deac9075aa250904fbf6.jpg
pend_nymp_2.jpg
Large-Art-Nouvea-Lady-with-Garnet-Rhodalite_edited-1.jpg

Also Dan was uber quick and finished it yesterday!
He's sending it off tomorrow & I should have it sometime between Wednesday/Friday eeeeeep!
Just a tease image before I flood my thread with a million photos!
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

justatease.jpg

Way to bury the lead! It looks incredible!!! :kiss2: I’ll be here eagerly waiting for you to post a bazillion pics.:mrgreen:

I love the fairy necklaces. Especially that first one with the flowers pointed down...just wow! I’m so happy I’ve enabled you into a love of paraibas. They really are something special.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Great result. Looking forward to admire it on your hand.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ugh the dang thing is still in his state which is the opposite end of the US from me....even after 3 days in the mail!

Its funny how patient I am when it comes to the design and fabrication process but once its in the mail I have a fuse that only lasts 3 days!

The wait is killing me!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Its finally in hand.
The pictures as I suspected were nothing in comparison to the real thing.

Oh. My. God.

Im forever changed by the diamond halo. Holy hell did my hobby just get twice as expensive.

Oh. My. God.
I'm in love....its romantic and dreamy and feminine and glowy!
Also nice and protected by its bezel and the diamonds.

I only opened my package of my OMC snowflake and paraiba tonight so this is all I got but were going on a roadtrip tomorrow so lookout for the flood of sunfilled photos!!!!!!

:appl::appl::appl:

IMG_20200624_215319~2.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its finally in hand.

Oh. My. God.

Im forever changed by the diamond halo. Holy hell did my hobby just get twice as expensive.

Oh. My. God.

I only opened my package of my OMC snowflake and paraiba tonight so this is all I got but were going on a roadtrip tomorrow so lookout for the flood of sunfilled photos!!!!!!

Oh it's gorgeous @TheGarnetGirl!! Looking forward to more pics!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowyour ring is even more gorgeous in your real life pic. Congrats!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaaaah! Awesome!!
But one photo?
C'mon woman....get with the program!
We want a zillion pics right now!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Its soo beautiful! Yes more pics and we want the snowflake too!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh!! Gorgeous!! I can't wait to see more. And your thread has been so fun to follow!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, Dan really outdid himself with your paraiba ring, it's amazing! I would have thought it was from CRD had I not known better and that's high praise from me ;-)

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh! Wow PS must have had a glitch because the only alert that I got was for junebugs comment. How sweet to open and see all of your lovely thoughts! You all are such dolls!

Im so sorry its taken me so long to upload!!! We spontaneously decided to drive 11 hours to California & stayed on the secluded beach for four days! It was a beautiful trip and we really made an emphasis to stay away from others. Sadly the glorious car photos that I had planned to take of both my snowflake and this baby were overridden by our daughters desire to watch her annoying meow meow youtube song and games.

Heres a few more I snapped this evening but I really need to get out there and take some outdoor sun shots!

Its such a subtle beauty...so calming and feminine. I really love how this turned out and am elated that others find beauty in it as well. ❤

IMG_20200630_200228~2.jpg IMG_20200630_200304.jpg IMG_20200630_195951.jpg IMG_20200630_200254~3.jpg IMG_20200630_195902~2.jpg
IMG_20200630_195959~2.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its finally in hand.

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Gorgeous! Well done and looks great on your hand!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! Wow PS must have had a glitch because the only alert that I got was for junebugs comment. How sweet to open and see all of your lovely thoughts! You all are such dolls!

Im so sorry its taken me so long to upload!!! We spontaneously decided to drive 11 hours to California & stayed on the secluded beach for four days! It was a beautiful trip and we really made an emphasis to stay away from others. Sadly the glorious car photos that I had planned to take of both my snowflake and this baby were overridden by our daughters desire to watch her annoying meow meow youtube song and games.

Heres a few more I snapped this evening but I really need to get out there and take some outdoor sun shots!

Its such a subtle beauty...so calming and feminine. I really love how this turned out and am elated that others find beauty in it as well. ❤

IMG_20200630_200228~2.jpg IMG_20200630_200304.jpg IMG_20200630_195951.jpg IMG_20200630_200254~3.jpg IMG_20200630_195902~2.jpg
IMG_20200630_195959~2.jpg

Wow! :kiss2: This is beautiful in every way @Garnetgirl! The delicate milgrain around the diamonds is lovely. It's the perfect setting to highlight your paraiba. Enjoy it!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Took some more in the sun finally although its a bit overcast today!

IMG_20200701_125257.jpg
IMG_20200701_125017.jpg
IMG_20200701_125239.jpg
IMG_20200701_124904.jpg

Delicate, elegant, glowy. It's definitely very you. Love seeing you wear it. :mrgreen2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Delicate, elegant, glowy. It's definitely very you. Love seeing you wear it. :mrgreen2:

Aww thank you! I'm loving it more & more each day!

Module

Shiny_Rock
Delicate and gracious, it gives me the feeling that the halo is ‘floating’ around the paraiba.

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
HOLY MOLLY!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I'm so glad found this thread from your picture on my thread... WOW!!! Ever get the feeling you could cry happy tears over how beautiful something is? Yep. Truly stunning.

It's really making me think of the RG+Paraiba combo... which to be honest I didn't really consider until I saw your ring and read @voce 's comment about how only certain types of gold are safe... What makes WG riskier?

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOLLY!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I'm so glad found this thread from your picture on my thread... WOW!!! Ever get the feeling you could cry happy tears over how beautiful something is? Yep. Truly stunning.

It's really making me think of the RG+Paraiba combo... which to be honest I didn't really consider until I saw your ring and read @voce 's comment about how only certain types of gold are safe... What makes WG riskier?

Aww thank you, you are too sweet!
I am definitely enjoying my little paraiba ring! I wanted a chunky Halo for her & I think 2mm was the perfect size of diamond melee to accomplish that look.

I reeeeeealllly love your snowflake setting!!!! & Am selfishly hoping that you pick that one!

Apparently it's the alloys that are used to make WG & RG. Yellow gold is softest and is therefore the safest option as theres no copper added like rose gold which makes it harder. Paraiba is a relatively soft stone accompanied with all of its usual inclusions.

So if you do go with rose gold or white gold make sure you have a skilled jeweler that is comfortable setting your paraiba and I'd specifically ask them that & touch on this issue.

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Took some more in the sun finally although its a bit overcast today!

IMG_20200701_125257.jpg
IMG_20200701_125017.jpg
IMG_20200701_125239.jpg
IMG_20200701_124904.jpg

This is lovely - the color and setting matches you so perfectly! It gives me all the summer feels. Beautiful

Your photos make me wonder if I too could rock a paraiba ring. I didn't get the hype at first either but seeing your gorgeous ring is making me change my mind!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results