color
clarity

My first Paraiba!!!! Ahhhh!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Just paid the first deposit to get this baby set into a ring!!!

@elle_71125 Your 5x6mm paraiba and pink spinel ring is actually my inspiration! I think its such a gorgeous ring and I hope you dont mind me taking inspiration from it! I'm definetely giving a nod to your ring but more so that blue sapphire ring that was your original inspo as mine won't have prongs and will have diamonds.

My paraiba is a fat little girl at 4.63x4.15mm and I will be using eight 2mm white brilliant cut diamonds to halo it. The center will be bezel set with miligrain (no claws/prongs) and the outside diamonds will also have the look of being bezel set through tiny shared prongs and will have miligrain as well. Its going to be in 14k rose gold with a wheat style engraving facing inward!

I'm so happy I'm finally getting my chubby halo for my chunky little para!

My first paraiba ring ever AND my first ever project to include a diamond halo!

A project of sweet firsts :rodent:

Yay!! I’ve been waiting forever to see this set (ok, like two months :lol:...but it feels like forever). I love that way you’re describing your design. I can not wait to see pics of the final ring. The 2mm diamond halo is going to be gorgeous!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I’ve been waiting forever to see this set (ok, like two months :lol:...but it feels like forever). I love that way you’re describing your design. I can not wait to see pics of the final ring. The 2mm diamond halo is going to be gorgeous!

Lol It has only been a few months but she needs to be set!
I had some wiggle room in my budget and was looking at my unset gems and it was obvious!

I'll have to add the CADS once I get them so it'll hold us over until shes finished!

If the halo looks stunning this might end up being a regretful endeavor as I will want to halo other CS with natural white diamonds as well and that gets pricey....I suspect that I will become a hunter of used jewelry containing lots of brilliant diamond melee that I can repurpose!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol It has only been a few months but she needs to be set!
I had some wiggle room in my budget and was looking at my unset gems and it was obvious!

I'll have to add the CADS once I get them so it'll hold us over until shes finished!

If the halo looks stunning this might end up being a regretful endeavor as I will want to halo other CS with natural white diamonds as well and that gets pricey....I suspect that I will become a hunter of used jewelry containing lots of brilliant diamond melee that I can repurpose!

Diamond halos are definitely more expensive...and so deliciously addictive. :Up_to_something:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I just read through this thread @TheGarnetGirl and I cannot wait to see your finished ring! I had never heard of paraibas before Pricescope either, and I have to say, I find them really intriguing now! They really do seem to glow.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Wonderful!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s going to be lovely! And, I imagine you will wear it so well:)

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just read through this thread @TheGarnetGirl and I cannot wait to see your finished ring! I had never heard of paraibas before Pricescope either, and I have to say, I find them really intriguing now! They really do seem to glow.

Thank you Odette! I love your name btw! They definetely grew on me! They have lots of inclusions but sometimes that can help the color somewhat. They're such a specific taste but elles right: once you see the glow you cannot unsee it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Wonderful!

Thank you! Thank you!
I'm so excited to finally halo something lol & feel lucky that its a paraiba, albeit a tiny fatty, the project is so exciting for me!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That’s going to be lovely! And, I imagine you will wear it so well:)

Aww thank you Blue!
I love round or fat-oval shaped gems and how they look haloed in slightly bigger diamonds!
If I love how it turns out I might just have to redo my simple emerald cabochon ring and halo it as well!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for showing us and Thank you for your review. Congrats on your glowing stone! I think it will look stunning in a halo

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I think the setting planned will make it pop.

I have a pair of paraiba earrings in a diamond halo, and the contrast is nice. I think I have worn them twice maybe, but that's a different story.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I think the setting planned will make it pop.

I have a pair of paraiba earrings in a diamond halo, and the contrast is nice. I think I have worn them twice maybe, but that's a different story.

Please dont hate me elizat, *ahem*, but judging from your posts Ive been hearing about how sparsely you wear your beauties! I feel like you have one of the most lovely antique looking collections but you need to wear them dammit!!!!
;))

Also if youre not too busy Id LOVE to see a snap of these earrings!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for showing us and Thank you for your review. Congrats on your glowing stone! I think it will look stunning in a halo

Thank you Acinom! Shes a tiny one but I cannot wait to see how that 2mm halo looks! It's also hard to write a truly accurate review sometimes, especially if you really admire the seller, but Im glad If it could be of any assistance to any one who is a newbie to paraibas and expect a constant neon glow.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The final CAD

-14k rose gold
-4.63x4.15mm Brazilian Paraiba
-bezel set center with miligrain later added on by hand
-A halo of teensy prong set 2mm diamonds that have miligrain and give the appearance of being bezel set
-tapered 1.5-2.4mm band
-Wheat/chevron engraving complete with miligrain

I'm super happy with this last iteration and its been sent off to casting already!
It took a few tries to get the right band width vs. right taper but I love it!

I also wanted to add that I didnt even tell Dan what kind of gallery I wanted, despite me knowing what I wanted for every other detail and he made the most perfect gallery for this ring without input that gives it such a feminine and floral look!

icm_fullxfull.257044322_q4qnus4kftc8ccokkso0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The final CAD

-14k rose gold
-A halo of teensy prong set 2mm diamonds that have miligrain and give the appearance of being bezel set
-tapered 1.5-2.4mm band

I'm super happy with this last iteration and its been sent off to casting already!

I also wanted to add that I didnt even tell Dan what kind of gallery I wanted, despite me knowing what I wanted for every other detail and he made the most perfect gallery for this ring without input that gives it such a feminine and floral look!

This looks so beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl the stone is divine I am looking forward to seeing it set. I would love a Paraíba myself. I was weighing up that vs the Jedi spinel I purchased and decided as I have an aqua one the way and a Ceylon Sapphire that I should go something other than blue but it is definitely next on the hit list. I will be looking at a small stone to so stalking you for inspo.

voce

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Dan outdid himself again; LOVE the milgrain!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl the stone is divine I am looking forward to seeing it set. I would love a Paraíba myself. I was weighing up that vs the Jedi spinel I purchased and decided as I have an aqua one the way and a Ceylon Sapphire that I should go something other than blue but it is definitely next on the hit list. I will be looking at a small stone to so stalking you for inspo.

Your CS goals sound divine!
The paraiba I purchased was Incredibly affordable @$300 from desertrose on instagram. She is also one of us here on PS but she has lovely colored stones and tends to have very affordable paraibas especially. I also trust what she says concerning treatments as shes just as OCD and obsessed about gems as we all are!

Yvonne R of Cecile Railey (hopefully I spelled that right & I'm too lazy to check) on Etsy also has some glorious paraibas but is a little pricier.
I know @elle_71125 who is a paraiba queen here, has purchased a paraiba from her so you might want to look at her old threads as well for paraiba inspo!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Dan outdid himself again; LOVE the milgrain!

Isn't he just wonderful?

I know everyone has their jewelers that they just get along with and understand eachother when working on a project and hes definetely top for me! Great prices, super kind, and can give really good solid opinions or suggestions when it comes to design!

I hope you have enjoyed working with him as well!
I'm tempted to someday make a cat ring (mayyyyyybbbeee) but with two black diamonds and teensy reddy-pink spinels! With your blessing of course! :pray:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Isn't he just wonderful?

I know everyone has their jewelers that they just get along with and understand eachother when working on a project and hes definetely top for me! Great prices, super kind, and can give really good solid opinions or suggestions when it comes to design!

I hope you have enjoyed working with him as well!
I'm tempted to someday make a cat ring (mayyyyyybbbeee) but with two black diamonds and teensy reddy-pink spinels! With your blessing of course! :pray:

Oh yes definitely, we've been very straight with one another. I had to cancel a couple of projects because of expenses elsewhere, but I'm very happy with his work. He is very kind and has been sending me nice thank-you cards every time.

WELL...:think::think: I would love to be the only person in the world who has a cat ring, but that's not realistic, so you have my permission to use my design only if you mention it's me who designed it. Daniel M did execute the design to perfection, but I like taking credit for my little creative moments, so you can do a cat ring with Daniel M with my blessing...just don't have any other jeweler work on your cat ring. And remember, the proportions are approximately 5mm for the head and 7mm for the body. No wonky non-round stones, please.

(Now that I've typed all that out, I guess I'm quite demanding, but I hope that's ok? I just don't want to see a distorted cat I feel sorry for because it's misshaped. :P2)

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes definitely, we've been very straight with one another. I had to cancel a couple of projects because of expenses elsewhere, but I'm very happy with his work. He is very kind and has been sending me nice thank-you cards every time.

WELL...:think::think: I would love to be the only person in the world who has a cat ring, but that's not realistic, so you have my permission to use my design only if you mention it's me who designed it. Daniel M did execute the design to perfection, but I like taking credit for my little creative moments, so you can do a cat ring with Daniel M with my blessing...just don't have any other jeweler work on your cat ring. And remember, the proportions are approximately 5mm for the head and 7mm for the body. No wonky non-round stones, please.

(Now that I've typed all that out, I guess I'm quite demanding, but I hope that's ok? I just don't want to see a distorted cat I feel sorry for because it's misshaped. :P2)

Dont worry girly! I said maybe because if I did simulate the setting it would be a few YEARS from now!
I also actually chuckled when I read your demands and my partner asked me what was I reading! Haha
I laugh because I love it, your decisions regarding your designs may be obsessive and demanding but not without reason!
Which Is why I will give you my silly yet true promise:

I hereby swear to voce that I give my ultimate promise that If the cat ring is ever fabricated to keep the integrity of the ring and design using the same proportions!

I also feel the same at times and can feel bittersweet when posting a design I came up with and love so much but I too come to the idea that it's almost near impossible to keep others from finding inspiration in your work or replicating it entirely.
I wont ask someone for their blessing unless the design I want incorporates their design entirely or for the majority of details and its an uncommon one.

But short version: No lumpy misshapen cats here!!! Haha

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The final CAD

-14k rose gold
-tapered 1.5-2.4mm band

I love it, the details are all perfect to my eye! If I get anymore paraibas I certainly won't hesitate to let Dan set them :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your CS goals sound divine!
The paraiba I purchased was Incredibly affordable @$300 from desertrose on instagram. She is also one of us here on PS but she has lovely colored stones and tends to have very affordable paraibas especially. I also trust what she says concerning treatments as shes just as OCD and obsessed about gems as we all are!

Yvonne R of Cecile Railey (hopefully I spelled that right & I'm too lazy to check) on Etsy also has some glorious paraibas but is a little pricier.
I know @elle_71125 who is a paraiba queen here, has purchased a paraiba from her so you might want to look at her old threads as well for paraiba inspo!

You called me a paraiba queen. I feel so honored. :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This CAD looks gorgeous! :kiss2: I love all the milgrain details and the gallery is a perfect fit for the design. Can’t wait to see this completed.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Please dont hate me elizat, *ahem*, but judging from your posts Ive been hearing about how sparsely you wear your beauties! I feel like you have one of the most lovely antique looking collections but you need to wear them dammit!!!!
;))

Also if youre not too busy Id LOVE to see a snap of these earrings!

Oh, your final cad looks lovely! That's really pretty. It's going to look lovely.

I will try to get a picture of the earrings in the sun.

And yes, I wear so much of nothing lately... I go through phases where I wear no jewels for months.

But, my most frequently worn is my bigger blueberry blue sapphire ring by CvB, as well as my antique cushion ring she made me in the Cora design, tied with an antique pear in an art noveau style setting.

I may have sent a tsav garnet to CvB as well recently!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl here are the earrings.

They are faceted and lighter than some prefer, but I think they are pretty enough.

IMG_20200610_100043.jpg IMG_20200610_100120.jpg

Oh they are lovely! They almost look like incredibly nice aquamarine!
They must look incredible on! Idk why but I picture you with blonde hair. Humor me?

& Have you created a thread or post about this CVB tsav yet? Id love to see your inspiration!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
A little tease......

Progress photos!!!! Ahhhhhhh!
I love it already!

icm_fullxfull.263288409_ngfszog60ms88cksssks.jpg

He also warned that rose gold tends to look yellow immediately after casting but will indeed look rose gold on my finger!

Im in love with how the prongs for the diamond halo already fit so well into the miligrain and will look as if each one is bezel set! I also love the wheat engraving on the shank as its so different from the usual romantic vine/swirl that I usual fall for!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little tease......

Progress photos!!!! Ahhhhhhh!
I love it already!

icm_fullxfull.263288409_ngfszog60ms88cksssks.jpg

He also warned that rose gold tends to look yellow immediately after casting but will indeed look rose gold on my finger!

Im in love with how the prongs for the diamond halo already fit so well into the miligrain and will look as if each one is bezel set! I also love the wheat engraving on the shank as its so different from the usual romantic vine/swirl that I usual fall for!

That setting is gorgeous! I’m in love with the engraving too and I just know this ring is about to be spectacular.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Looking forward to see the result. Dan did a great job.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results