shape
carat
color
clarity

The journey for my mini upgrade for my 25th anniversary...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is it 10:30 yet????
3.gif
I bet this GOG stone is amazing!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 9:13:41 AM
Author: moremoremore
Is it 10:30 yet????
3.gif
I bet this GOG stone is amazing!
Ok...she is here. The stone from GOG has arrived and she is magnificient...WOW...is all I can say. The size is incredible, the color is perfect...she is more rectangular than I thought--which I am totally fine with. I purposely wanted the GOG here to compare to the ERD stones. Out of the 3 stones, yes, the Ideal cut stone did have several extra sparkles about her than the other 2 stones did, but not enough for me to go with her
emthdown.gif
. The cushion from GOG is amazing in person!
emotion-20.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emthup.gif

I didn''t get a chance to show it to my hubby b4 he had to leave for work so I am anxious to do that...an excited!
emwink.gif
I called Tim and spoke to him about the stone. He is going to call me back in a few hours...

I am totally in shock about how good this stone looks on my finger!
emsmileo.gif
I didn''t expect the stone to be in a temporary setting and that made it ten times more fun cuz I got to try it on!!!
emsmilep.gif

I feel so goofy and highschool girl-like....
emcrook.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
How exciting, can''t wait to see it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Deanne, how wonderful. I''m so glad you love it. so, do you think it''s THE ONE???

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
....YES!!!! I really do...
emlove.gif
emembarrassed.gif

I spent the better part of the evening looking over diamonds avail. on other websites, doing some figuring and refiguring in the event of...but I don''t think I am going to need that info....I am dying for my husband to see this stone!
emcrook.gif

He was pretty impressed with how sparkly the 2 stones I had here yesterday were, but I want him to see this little lady! I am hoping he is as impressed and comfortable as I am...remember, I want to be sure he and I are on the same turf with this one. I am wanting to wear the temp setting, yet I am afraid to bump her or lose her...of course I am going to put her back in her little box where she is safe...for right now...

Don''t worry...as soon as my son is home(he has my camera!) I am going to have him take pics so I can post them!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
How WONDERFUL!!!! Isn''t it great that we can still feel giddy & school-girl-like SOMETIMES!
I know exactly how you feel ... and I betcha it just might be THE ONE if you feel like that!
Here''s hoping hubby thinks so too ...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emrainbow.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emrainbow.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif

I can''t wait to see pictures!!!!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m so glad to hear you love the stones (esp. the GOG!). Can''t wait to see pics...

(Is the GOG in an actual "setting" or in the "ring holder" pincer? If it is in a pincer like mine was, you can open it, and put one of the other stones in it to look at them on as well!)

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 3:18:39 PM
Author: ecf8503
Oh I''m so glad to hear you love the stones (esp. the GOG!). Can''t wait to see pics...

(Is the GOG in an actual ''setting'' or in the ''ring holder'' pincer? If it is in a pincer like mine was, you can open it, and put one of the other stones in it to look at them on as well!)
Thanks, ecf8503! Yes it is in a pincer...which makes it easier to compare the other stones to it as well.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 3:08:14 PM
Author: decodelighted
How WONDERFUL!!!! Isn''t it great that we can still feel giddy & school-girl-like SOMETIMES!
I know exactly how you feel ... and I betcha it just might be THE ONE if you feel like that!
Here''s hoping hubby thinks so too ...
Thanks deco! Yes...I love this silly giddy feeling!...The funny thing is this almost feels TOO easy?!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes...I love this silly giddy feeling!...The funny thing is this almost feels TOO easy?!

That means it''s "THE ONE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Deanna, I am sooooo happy for you, and excited too. What fun huh??
36.gif
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! She really looks amazing on the gog website. Just so so very beautiful. I'm so glad...and it's so well priced and such a great size...and your reaction to her...Yup, she is the *one*...I'm sure hubby will love it too!!
36.gif
I also love the slightly elongated shape...just a little...not too much...just enough so the stone doesn't look round (which mine kind of does and I wish it didn't)....

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 3:27:56 PM
Yes...I love this silly giddy feeling!...The funny thing is this almost feels TOO easy?!

That means it''s ''THE ONE''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif

I''m glad to have helped you find it - it was only a few short weeks ago! That has been one of my favorite stones to "visit"... I''m so glad she has (hopefully) found a loving home, but I''ll be honest - I''ll miss her!!!
2.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Part of me is thinking..."could this really be IT???"...The other part of me is saying..."Whow! that was practrically painfree and whose gonna complain!!!!"
emotion-19.gif

Am I being too easily content???

1. The stone is lucious! The color, the clarity under the scope they sent along with it is just as they stated--if not better.
2. The price was w/in where I wanted to stay. ***Granted, I do not have it set yet. That brings up another question...Does GOG have to set it? If I want a setting elsewhere, how do I go about doing that?
3. Am I settling? This whole process was SO much easier than I originally thought...I just cannot believe it. Since I am totally leaning toward the GOG stone, how do I send the other stones back? FEDEX too? Do I call ERD and use their account #? Help me out here people!!!
emcrook.gif

I feel like I conjuered up this whole drowl experience of finding my stone and that maybe I am either still in a dream-like state or maybe I really don''t realize how perfect all this is!!!

Have any of you felt like this?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 3:35:10 PM

Date: 11/2/2005 3:27:56 PM

That means it''s ''THE ONE''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif

I''m glad to have helped you find it - it was only a few short weeks ago! That has been one of my favorite stones to ''visit''... I''m so glad she has (hopefully) found a loving home, but I''ll be honest - I''ll miss her!!!
2.gif
You know, ecf8503, me thinks you are right!!!
emembarrassed.gif
This reminds me of when I met my husband and "just knew..." even though I wasn''t sure what it was I knew...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s sooo the one, you know it!!
36.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 3:37:02 PM
Author: DeannaBana
Part of me is thinking...''could this really be IT???''...The other part of me is saying...''Whow! that was practrically painfree and whose gonna complain!!!!''
emotion-19.gif

Am I being too easily content???

NO!!!

1. The stone is lucious! The color, the clarity under the scope they sent along with it is just as they stated--if not better.

OK - you''re making me drool over here... :)

2. The price was w/in where I wanted to stay. ***Granted, I do not have it set yet. That brings up another question...Does GOG have to set it?

No

If I want a setting elsewhere, how do I go about doing that?

I took my stone to the jeweler I bought the setting from and they set it for me

3. Am I settling?

If you feel like you are "settling", then just send it to me - I''ll take good care of her for you!

This whole process was SO much easier than I originally thought...I just cannot believe it. Since I am totally leaning toward the GOG stone, how do I send the other stones back? FEDEX too? Do I call ERD and use their account #? Help me out here people!!!

Call ERD, tell them you decided on the GOG stone, and ask them for instructions re: sending it back. Some people prefer certain couriers, etc

I feel like I conjuered up this whole drowl experience of finding my stone and that maybe I am either still in a dream-like state or maybe I really don''t realize how perfect all this is!!!

Have any of you felt like this?

Yup - it''s normal, I think. Especially when it has been "just a dream" for so long! Al though I think that fact alone will make you love her even more.

Seriously - it sounds like you definitely like the GOG one the best. Sometimes MAKING the decision is the hardest part! I think once your husband sees it (and all of us PS junkies give you the go-ahead after we see pics, too), and the others are gone and it''s just you and your baby, it will become more "real". And you just wait until it gets into a SETTING so you can look at her ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 3:24:52 PM

EXACTLY! I felt the same way when I picked my "one" (don't have it yet - but it'll be in his hands this evening!!! Me exciteee too. -- I have to wait for the proposal though
23.gif

I felt so sure I had a very "I Love Lucy" moment and put down a small deposit MYSELF
3.gif
Luckily he totally understood. And took over after that
9.gif

I've only felt so sure about things a couple times ... giddy/dizzy/determined/in love
* the first time I saw my beloved house (purchased/adore)
* the first time I saw my beloved doggie (ditto)

Pretty much felt that way about my fella too ... but we humans muck things up a bit more than "objects" and pets. That took a little longer to work itself out ... but thank goodness it did cause now I get him
30.gif
and the rock
36.gif

Pls hurry with those PIX lady!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 3:58:07 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 11/2/2005 3:24:52 PM

EXACTLY! I felt the same way when I picked my ''one'' (don''t have it yet - but it''ll be in his hands this evening!!! Me exciteee too. -- I have to wait for the proposal though
23.gif

I felt so sure I had a very ''I Love Lucy'' moment and put down a small deposit MYSELF
3.gif
Luckily he totally understood. And took over after that
9.gif

I''ve only felt so sure about things a couple times ... giddy/dizzy/determined/in love
* the first time I saw my beloved house (purchased/adore)
* the first time I saw my beloved doggie (ditto)

Pretty much felt that way about my fella too ... but we humans muck things up a bit more than ''objects'' and pets. That took a little longer to work itself out ... but thank goodness it did cause now I get him
30.gif
and the rock
36.gif

Pls hurry with those PIX lady!
Thanks SO much for the confirmation!!! Seriously, I thought to myself, "I will wait to see the GOG stone, I will post my remarks about the stone and then go to the gym to work out...yada yada...er...hello?...I never got to the gym, but I did tear myself away long enough to shower!!! I am SO silly!
emsmilep.gif

Oh...my 19 yr old borrowed my camera---w/o me knowing--and won''t be back till sometime later so pix are going to have to wait...sorry!!!
emcry.gif

I am dying to show her to all of you!!!
emotion-5.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
And we are dying to see the lovely beauty in question who stole your heart. You know it''s true. You''re positively gushing. I love it. I can''t wait to see her. I am so happy for you.

P.S. It''s supposed to be painless. Diamonds should be fun.

shay

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 7:14:53 PM
Author: Shay37
And we are dying to see the lovely beauty in question who stole your heart. You know it''s true. You''re positively gushing. I love it. I can''t wait to see her. I am so happy for you.

P.S. It''s supposed to be painless. Diamonds should be fun.

shay
I know you are!!! I am SO wanting to show you, too...you can''t EVEN know!!! I mean, I know you saw the stone on GOG''s website. and honestly, the pix that are shown here I am sure do not even do justice to the beauty of the rings and stones shown here...but...I want my chance!
emembarrassed.gif

I did place a ph. call to one of the vendors that mailed me stones and told him that I had chosen a stone with another vendor. Needless to say, he was politely pleasant, but understandably disappointed
emsad.gif
. I know I needed to make that call, but it was not an easy thing to do. I know he felt he was doing what he could for me but things just went a different way...

And, yes, Shay, I know diamonds are supposed to be painless...I just didn''t expect to get such a major RUSH out of it!!!

Now I completely understand why all of you have gotten so hooked on this whole experience! I have so busy cooking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, dentist appts, ortho appts, etc., for the family, that I kind of forgot to have a bit of fun just for me. I do go to the gym and that is really good for me and I love it. Because of getting over a recent illness, I have held off going, in fact, today was to have been my first day back at the gym--but with the GOG diamond, I got majorly distracted!!!
emsmilep.gif
...I like to get my nails done and my hair done once every 6 weeks or so, but outside of that, I am busy with family and flower shop duties...which I love
emlove.gif
...There is nothing like brightening someone''s day with flowers for a birthday, anniversary, new baby or just because. Even bringing a lift to someone due to a funeral for a family member can be a heart touching experience...

I feel still kind of bubbly and dizzy...
emwink.gif
...I was going to have Renee of WF help me out with the search for a stone, but...er..I think the search is...over!!!!
emotion-5.gif

Now, I just got to call or email her...oh my gosh...this will make things official...should I have an appraiser still look at the stone? Does it matter? I am very happy with my choice...
emlove.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Deanne I am SO excited for you that you found such a wonderful diamond!!! You deserve to have something special just for you so enjoy every moment of the experience!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting, so happy you found the one. You must be thrilled to pieces!!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for you and looking forward to pictures. Congrats
1.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I just showed the cushion from GOG to my husband and he could not see a visible difference from this stone from the 2 from ERD--and they were VS1s!!! He looked through the loupe that GOG sent along with the 1.21 stone and studied it and said he thought it was very nice...for my hubby that is HUGE!
emwink.gif

Oh...and get this...the GIA certificate was graded on March 22, 2005...my birthday is March 23rd...coincidence? Maybe...but I think this means something...at least to me it does.

My hubby is more drawn to the fiery nature of the princess cut so seeing the cushion stones will take time for him to warm up to...The table on the princess I currently have is pretty good size for a .71 carat stone VS2...but I like the sophistication of the cushion...

Just thought I would update you so far...
emsmile.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 11:32:12 PM

Oh...and get this...the GIA certificate was graded on March 22, 2005...my birthday is March 23rd...coincidence? Maybe...but I think this means something...at least to me it does.

Coincidence? No I don''t believe it, all my diamonds were graded near DH''s birthday within a day or two - it''s a sign baby
emsmilep.gif

I always check the cert date with prospective purchases
face20.gif
to see if they match the dates, the right ones always do! I am now limited to Pisces diamonds only
emotion-5.gif
Congrats, it DOES sound like the one, can''t wait to see it, I know what you mean, why was it finally so easy? BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT
36.gif
36.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2005 2:17:28 AM
Author: Lorelei

Coincidence? No I don''t believe it, all my diamonds were graded near DH''s birthday within a day or two - it''s a sign baby
emsmilep.gif

face20.gif
to see if they match the dates, the right ones always do!

Oooooh - how freaky! The date on my new stone''s cert is 1 day off of my husband''s birthday too...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
I just showed the cushion from GOG to my husband and he could not see a visible difference from this stone from the 2 from ERD--and they were VS1s!!! He looked through the loupe that GOG sent along with the 1.21 stone and studied it and said he thought it was very nice...for my hubby that is HUGE!
emwink.gif

My hubby is more drawn to the fiery nature of the princess cut so seeing the cushion stones will take time for him to warm up to...The table on the princess I currently have is pretty good size for a .71 carat stone VS2...but I like the sophistication of the cushion...

Just thought I would update you so far...
emsmile.gif
its amazing..........really that for all the fuss about color and clarity , its really the cut that makes a stone stand out

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2005 8:05:03 AM

Date: 11/3/2005 2:17:28 AM
Author: Lorelei

emsmilep.gif

face20.gif
to see if they match the dates, the right ones always do!

Oooooh - how freaky! The date on my new stone''s cert is 1 day off of my husband''s birthday too...
Yes ECF it is useful to butter him up a bit as he has to PAY for them
emsmilep.gif
Honestly it is weird, mine all have the same month certs and one is also a day before his birthday!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results