shape
carat
color
clarity

The journey for my mini upgrade for my 25th anniversary...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I have been following your update story, and I am so glad that it worked out for you! Can''t wait til it is complete and you can wear your long-awaited new ring! Be sure to share lots of pictures with us!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear everything is moving along so smoothly and quickly!! You''ll have your ring in no time at all!!
36.gif
36.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I just read this thread and Thank you Deanne, for the nice comments.

Her ring with the Princess really spotlights it well, and I had it all polished up and cleaned up, so it looked as close to new as possible.

Yes, Deanne called me late last night, but I was a bit tired and went to bed early ( 1 am ) but I got the phone message this morning, but didn''t call her back as it was 630 am her time, and not into waking up people early on the weekend. So I emailed her instead, and she replied.

We did have a moment of concern when UPS misplaced the package in CA. BUt that was pretty quickly resolved once I knew what happened. It was sent with a "high value" status, and they put those packages in separate areas, so they aren''t accesible to just "anyone" working there. Once they found that out, BINGO, they found the package. But it was handled promptly and Deanne opened the package there to make sure everything was ok.

How it was packed is another adventure, that she had to endure. Maybe she''ll share that with all of you.

Her cushion pet rock is really a beautiful looking stone.

So Deanne .... you gonna come up with a name for your new pet rock??

Rockdoc

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Deanne, how exciting for you. I so hope that your baby finds a way on your finger before Christmas morning. good luck with everything.

shay

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 5:41:59 PM
Author: RockDoc
I just read this thread and Thank you Deanne, for the nice comments.

Her ring with the Princess really spotlights it well, and I had it all polished up and cleaned up, so it looked as close to new as possible.

Yes, Deanne called me late last night, but I was a bit tired and went to bed early ( 1 am ) but I got the phone message this morning, but didn''t call her back as it was 630 am her time, and not into waking up people early on the weekend. So I emailed her instead, and she replied.

We did have a moment of concern when UPS misplaced the package in CA. BUt that was pretty quickly resolved once I knew what happened. It was sent with a ''high value'' status, and they put those packages in separate areas, so they aren''t accesible to just ''anyone'' working there. Once they found that out, BINGO, they found the package. But it was handled promptly and Deanne opened the package there to make sure everything was ok.

How it was packed is another adventure, that she had to endure. Maybe she''ll share that with all of you.

Her cushion pet rock is really a beautiful looking stone.

So Deanne .... you gonna come up with a name for your new pet rock??

Rockdoc
Hey, RockDoc!

Nice for you to share a bit of our "panic moments." Yes, it was a bit trying and I had to dig really deep to stay cool and calm till the pkg was found and opened immediately while in the UPS service center to double check the contents. Listen everyone, when RockDoc packs a pkg for you, you can bet its going to be thorough and exceptionally done. The outer box was well marked and taped up quite securely. Once I opened the outer box, there was another box slightly smaller, but nonetheless taped, marked exactly as the outer box so in the bizarre event someone opened the outer box to get to the contents or it became opened, the inner box presented the person the same dilemma. Everything was impressively taped, marked as much as one could possibly mark a pkg. Believe me, those UPS ladies were quite impressed!!!

Once I opened the inner box there was plastic envelope that held my diamonds in smaller manilla envelopes clearly marked. along with some paperwork that included the gemprints for each diamond and a cd with photos of the cushion stone. Everything was thoroughly pkged and equally thoroughly checked through. I was SO relieved!!!
emwink.gif

Sorry I am responding to this post so late, but I was out doing my Saturday errands that included some hurried Christmas shopping as well...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 8:32:39 PM
Author: Shay37
Oh, Deanne, how exciting for you. I so hope that your baby finds a way on your finger before Christmas morning. good luck with everything.

shay
Thanks, Shay...I appreciate Bill at Topper''s doing all he can to expedite that to a reality, but if I must wait to be sure the rings are done to perfection, then so be it...but I am secretly hoping, praying that the rings will be arriving to be under the tree for me to open on Christmas morning...
emlove.gif
emembarrassed.gif
emlove.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would let anyone who was still interested know that things are progressing with my ring set. I spoke to Bill at Toppers today and he is sending out 4 different sizes of rings for me to try on to double check my ring size. I have lost a little bit of weight since being a little under the weather and having some out patient surgery yesterday so we are making sure of my ring size before everything is finished. I have read here on PS that alot of you have said that wearing two rings together can make the rings feel a bit more snug and since I have not worn 2 rings together since my first wedding ring set(which later got taken and lost my daughter), this will basically be brand new to me and I will have 3 rings not just two to contend with. Any advice from anyone on this is appreciated!!!
emembarrassed.gif

I should receive his sizing rings by Friday at the latest for me to confirm what is best for me. In case you are wondering, I am fine. I don''t want to make a big deal of anything, but I am a-ok. Just trying to look my best for my wedding anniversary in february so I am getting things on my body "more refined." I work out at the gym 3-4 times a week and until last year, I haven''t had so much opportunity to just care for me and my health. By going to the gym and eating better, there is more of me to give to my family and one who is looking a little better, too!
emwink.gif

Bill at Toppers promises me that my Christmas will be wonderful this year due to my rings will be here!!! I SO hope that is true. He tells me that he can do this ring set in 3 weeks with no problem. He is swamped this time of year, but since I called him and got the ball rolling when i did, my situation is much different than those just putting in their orders today or tomorrow. I promise to get hand pics as soon as the rings are on my hand. The plan is that if they arrive close to Christmas like the 20th, my hubby will re-propose to me in front of our 9 kids on bended knee since he proposed to me over the phone the first time. I want to get pics of the proposal too if I can get my oldest son to tape it or take the shots.

For us, with 9 kids growing up and starting to go in different directions, Christmas is especially important. The family together for the holidays is a gift unto itself really. My parents and 2 of my 3 brothers are estranged from me so my kids, my MIL and BIL and SIL are important to me. I love having my nephews here eating me out of house and home. I love the happy noises from laughing, telling jokes, playing games, and everyone remembering the real reason for the season. I am sorry for getting mushy here, but this is truly how I feel. I would give up my rings from Toppers if I could have my folks and 2 brothers be back in my life again...but that is not likely to happen this Christmas or anytime soon...So for me, my immediate family, dear friends, impending new family of my engaged son''s fiancee are welcome anytime...so are any of you if you are in the Riverside, CA area...I always make way too much food and laughter burns off the calories!!!
emsmilep.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Deanne, sounds like things are moving right along. what a special story you shared and thanks for sharing it.

as for your ring size, I wear the same size but I do know mara had to upsize her 1/4 after she added her wedding band. I have heard of people doing both. Will you bands be pretty thin? I''d PM butterfly17, she''s got the 3 ritani rings and see what she did regarding sizing. i''m so excited for you and can''t wait to see pics of the finished product.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Just a little newsflash...my rings arrived today. I got the call from Bill Caplan from Topper Fine Jewelry on Thursday late and he said that Friday I would have my long awaited for rings...

Today around 11 am, I was making gingerbread cookies with my kids, the door rang. One of my kids ran to the door and said that the man needed my signature. I caught my breathe, trying to stay cool around the kids, scurrying to the door. I nervously scribbled my signature and casually took the box to the kitchen. My hands were still messy from helping the little ones, despite briskly washing my hands, so I decided to wait until I was alone upstairs to formally open the box. When I actually opened the box there was another box. Finally reaching the interior, I see the envelope with the paperwork and then...the three rosewood boxes are opened. Oh...my...gosh. I was so happy!!!
emsmilep.gif

I had to hurry and leave to an esthetician appt. and some last minute Christmas errands so I decide to wear one of the WBS and leave the rest for Christmas. The rings fit perfectly--seperately as well as together. I have to get back to wrapping but I promise to post pics after Christmas...
emotion-5.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and Merry Christmas Deanna - I''m thrilled that you''ve got your anniversary ring in-hand ...

Please see my recent post under "Show me The Ring" ("A Solasfera story with a happy ending" ) - another 20th anniversary ''upgrade'' saga with a happy ending.

I must say that your story was an inspiration to me ...

It''s so nice to read about happy endings ... Merry Christmas to you and your family - - I can only imagine how much fun Christmas morning is at your house with 9 children!

BrownEyes
4.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad all worked out and you got it in time for Christmas. I''ll check back for those pics later!!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2005 9:43:09 AM
Author: BrownEyes
Congratulations and Merry Christmas Deanna - I''m thrilled that you''ve got your anniversary ring in-hand ...

Please see my recent post under ''Show me The Ring'' (''A Solasfera story with a happy ending'' ) - another 20th anniversary ''upgrade'' saga with a happy ending.

I must say that your story was an inspiration to me ...

It''s so nice to read about happy endings ... Merry Christmas to you and your family - - I can only imagine how much fun Christmas morning is at your house with 9 children!

BrownEyes
4.gif
Thanks BrownEyes...(I wanted to use this for my username cuz of my brown eyes!
emsmile.gif
)...I am glad to have inspired someone...Yes, 9 kids is very fun around Christmas time...but I have a few important details to attend to b4 the big day: finish wrapping, got to find where hubby hid some presents so I can officially finish, get the food started for tomorrow(2 pies and a special holiday quick bread) just for starters...

I promise to post the pics...believe me, I am way excited for this...
emsmilep.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2005 9:55:57 AM
Author: diamondlil
I''m so glad all worked out and you got it in time for Christmas. I''ll check back for those pics later!!!
Thanks diamondlil...I am going to talk to my son about videotaping or using my digital camera for the pics on Christmas. My husband was so cute about the ring. He came into my retreat/office and bent down on one knee and proposed for "practice"he said. It was tender and sweet...

I can''t wait...

Merry Christmas to all...
emotion-5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas Deanne!!! I''m so happy for you. I can''t wait to see the ring of course. Have fun with your family and enjoy!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
MERRY CHRISTMAS. I''m so glad they made it just in time. Have a wonderful day and get us some pics as soon as you can..

Patty

Ideal_Rock
How exciting Deanne! I can''t wait to see pictures!

Enjoy your day tomorrow with all the little ones!
35.gif

Nothing like a house full of kids on Christmas.
36.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Happy New Year''s to everyone...I apologize for not posting sooner but the wait is over...my rings are here!!! I am going to take pics today and post them hopefully tonight. My camera got misplaced after the 23rd when we used it for my son''s birthday, but now its back.

The rings arrived the morning of the 23rd of December via UPS. I was in shock but excited, too. It is hard to believe that they are really here!!!
emsmilep.gif
I opened up all three of the boxes and just stared at them for the longest time. They are perfect...

I immediately tried on each ring seperately, then together. I had made arrangements with my hubby to have him give them to me for Christmas, so I chose to wear one of the WBs and box the 2 other rings for him to present to me.
The anticipation of wearing those rings is what made Christmas for me. Unfortunately, the rest of Christmas was not as festive or bright. We received word that a dear long time friend of ours decided to go to hospice and does not have long to live. Her loving husband informed friends and family late Christmas Day of her desires so this colored my Christmas a bit. What it also did was remind me of how tender true love is and how blessed I was to have my hubby--now and forever.
emlove.gif
emembarrassed.gif
emlove.gif

I am in the midst of getting the ring insured so I am a bit timid about wearing them much. The appraisal on the entire ring came in much higher than I thought, so I feel pretty good about things.
Anyways, I have to get going, but I will post pics as soon as possible...
emotion-5.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I have pmed mrssalvo to help me post my pics...I forgot how to and I have them in my email. Also, I am finding that my three rings together are more loose than I thought they''d be together. I am very worried I will lose one of them. Should I call Topper''s and have them downsize it a bit? I re-tried on the sizing rings they sent me and if they are correct I went down 1/2 a size. I have been under a bit of stress lately and I guess I lost a little more weight than I thought. Any one have suggestions? Remember I have 3 rings now. My anniversary and anniversary trip is a little more than a month away, so do I send them back to Topper''s now or what? Thanks for your help...
emembarrassed.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ok where are these Pictures?????
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
emclock.gif
35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I know, Nan, I''ve been waiting and looking every day thinking they''d be posted.

Deanna, I''d wear them for a bit before deciding about the sizing. Do you have them insured? And just how loose are they? I don''t want you to risk them falling off and getting lost, but if you have lost some weight, they might be more snug later and in the winter rings usually fit more loosely.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2006 3:31:08 PM
Author: Patty
I know, Nan, I''ve been waiting and looking every day thinking they''d be posted.

Deanna, I''d wear them for a bit before deciding about the sizing. Do you have them insured? And just how loose are they? I don''t want you to risk them falling off and getting lost, but if you have lost some weight, they might be more snug later and in the winter rings usually fit more loosely.
Good point, Patty...hubby said the same thing. As for the pics, Sevens One PMed me that she would gladly help me if I emailed her the pics so I did just before responding to you. I also started a new thread inSMTR under "My journey has ended! Here''s my Ring!"

Yes, I got them insured with Chubb insurance. How loose are they? Well, they spin most of the time they are on me and I am constantly double checking they are not falling off when I put hand down, but part of that could be cuz they are new to me. I went from wearing one thicker banded ring to 3 individual rings that are thin, about 2.3 mm each. The e-ring and top wedding band are the worst concern for me.

I waited SO long to get them I just don''t want to lose them now. I think you may be right though. I have lost a little weight, but not so much that I cannot wear the rings. The fact that they are bumping against my knuckle and me pushing them down again is just a weird uncomfortable feeling...
emotion-18.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful bright spot in your life. I am rushing off to SMTR as we speak!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results