shape
carat
color
clarity

The journey for my mini upgrade for my 25th anniversary...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
This is the followup for "I"m a little sad...no upgrade for 25th anniversary." I thought I would rename this thread and update you as things develop. Tim, at Good Old Gold, is hot on the trail of a 1.01 cushion for me and I could not be happier!
emotion-19.gif
emteeth.gif
emotion-5.gif
Sometime next Tuesday or so, he will physicallly see the stone and check out her personality and her cut. I truly appreciate his swiftness in response and professionalism.
Mark T., w/Engagement Ring Direct, is superb! Despite the Jewish holidays that has slowed the process down a bit for both gentlemen, they are each devoted to finding me the cushion that fits me and my personality , my budget and makes my anniversary that extra special.
I again want to thank everyone for your suggestions and support! Stay tuned and I will update as things develop!
emthup.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting Deanna. keep us posted. Can''t wait to see what you pick. Things are definetly looking up aren''t they???
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that you found an upgrade solution that works for you Deanna! Good luck with the cushion search and please keep us posted.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been following your story and I''m happy that it looks like things will work out for you!
36.gif

I can''t wait to see what you finally end up with!

BTW, way to work the husband
31.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you!....but I haven''t got the stone yet and I justl need to make sure that my hubby feels ok with the WHOLE process. So far, he does...but no $ has been spent yet either. I think he''ll be ok with everything in the end. His clientele list has built back up and, in fact, he has enough work to keep him busy 7 days a week--but he won''t do that! See, that was part of the problem initially. Its hard to think about spending $ when the $ has slowed down in coming. Now, we are back on track, going to pay down some concerns he was fretting over and abolishing others and then he AND I will breathe eaier.
emwink.gif

I can''t believe how badly I want the weekend to be overwith so that I can hear back from Tim at GOG and Mark T. from EngagementRingsDirect!
emcrook.gif
My hubby will be out of town on business for Monday and Tuesday, so I will have to fill him in when he returns home about our prospective stones. This may sound a bit silly, but...I''m nervous.
emembarrassed.gif
I have NEVER purchased a diamond before through a person I hardly know. I have bought concert tickets and a Balenciaga handbag through ebay, but not a diamond!
emsmileo.gif

Yet, I know that so many of you have, so that is why I took a leap of faith...its cuz of all of you...Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this is smooth going and as painfree as possible.

Oh, I did try on a platinum solitaire the other day...just to see what it will be like since that is what I will have for awhile till $ i plentiful for a setting. I liked it ALOT!!!
emsmilep.gif
So pretty...The platinum was SO heavy...I can''t afford platinum, I am pretty sure so its going to be WG for me on that...but I loved the platinum feel.

Again, thanks to all of you!!!
emthup.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Deanne, I think it might be possible for you to get a platnium solitaire setting. Whiteflash has several for less then a thousand dollars, the least expensive is 350$.
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg
Or this one which is 650$ is very nice as well.
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg
What sort of setting are you wanting for now? Perhaps one of use can help you find it in Plat within your price range.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 5:31:27 PM
Author: Matatora
Deanne, I think it might be possible for you to get a platnium solitaire setting. Whiteflash has several for less then a thousand dollars, the least expensive is 350$.
gi_ST4PPT_f.jpg

Or this one which is 650$ is very nice as well.
gi_PL401-CBR_f.jpg

What sort of setting are you wanting for now? Perhaps one of use can help you find it in Plat within your price range.
OOOHHH....pretty!!!
emotion-20.gif
I especially like the one on the bottom...classy. Thanks for sharing this with me...
emsmile.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the one on the bottom. Very pretty!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you! U have been following your story too and felt awful for you. I know how much you want your upgrade! Yeah!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
DB, I am so thrilled that the hunt is going well. Yes, you can do plat. We will help you.
31.gif
There are some truly lovely, elegant, and reasonable plat. settings at WF. Jonathan may have some as well. Don''t be shy. Ask them. I hope this cushion that is being tracked down turns out to be the one. Good luck.
You do deserve it.

shay

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear you good news. . . be sure to fill us in on the details next week!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We will be waiting in anticipation with you!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
By the sheer force of our combined P-scope power, you WILL have that upgrade!! I''ve never seen folks so determined for you to get what we all think you so richly deserve. I thought the same thing "She MUST have platinum".

Ya gotta put it out to the universe and see what comes! EXCITED things are going your way!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 9:51:42 PM
Author: decodelighted
By the sheer force of our combined P-scope power, you WILL have that upgrade!! I''ve never seen folks so determined for you to get what we all think you so richly deserve. I thought the same thing ''She MUST have platinum''.

Ya gotta put it out to the universe and see what comes! EXCITED things are going your way!
Ahahaha! You are too funny!

Miss Deanne. We all really do want to help you find the perfect setting for your ring. I do not think you need to settle, but I also hope that we are not putting pressure on you to spend more then you had intended.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 10:10:50 PM
Author: Matatora

By the sheer force of our combined P-scope power, you WILL have that upgrade!! I''ve never seen folks so determined for you to get what we all think you so richly deserve. I thought the same thing ''She MUST have platinum''.

Ahahaha! You are too funny!

Miss Deanne. We all really do want to help you find the perfect setting for your ring. I do not think you need to settle, but I also hope that we are not putting pressure on you to spend more then you had intended.
You are too sweet!!!
emlove.gif
I actually am going to have my older son help me put a DB handbag set of mine---it has the satchel handbag, a sunglass case, a shoulder strap a cosmetic case, etc.---on ebay to help bring me a bit more cash. I only took the handbag to church once and its practically new so its off to a new and worthy owner! No, no...no pressure felt here. Thank you for your kind and considerate thoughts though...you are too kind.
emembarrassed.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 7:29:24 PM
Author: Shay37
DB, I am so thrilled that the hunt is going well. Yes, you can do plat. We will help you.
31.gif
There are some truly lovely, elegant, and reasonable plat. settings at WF. Jonathan may have some as well. Don''t be shy. Ask them. I hope this cushion that is being tracked down turns out to be the one. Good luck.
You do deserve it.

shay
Shay, thank you for your kind thoughts...Platinum is what I really want in this and my ultimate dream setting
emlove.gif
. I will talk to Jonathan and Tim about it. RIght now, my focus is on the getting the right sparkly, though.

Your kind and positive wishes are truly felt...thank you
emembarrassed.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 9:33:54 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
So happy to hear you good news. . . be sure to fill us in on the details next week!
36.gif
Hi MissGotRocks!

Thank You So Much!
emsmile.gif
I will definitely fill all of you in as soon as I know anything. Tim will visit his source for the stone and check out the stone''s personality. I want to know the cut, the brilliance and the "awe" factor. If this stone doesn''t make one sat "awe" then, we need to keep looking...but the numbers look really good
emthup.gif
!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, yes, yes...there IS power in numbers!!! I LOVE platinum!!!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
Until recently, I thought it was pretty but oh, wow, it has just become what I really want for any setting for a diamond I might own.

Just think...when I do get my "ultimate dream setting" and I have my solitaire platinum setting, I could put another diamond in it or a pearl or a colored gem or whatever...and still have a beautiful solitaire in platinum to wear...that''s a good deal.

Thank you for the combined force of P-scope power!!!
emfist.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do believe in the Pricescope Fairy, I do I do!!! So happy to see progress, our sheer will is very strong for ya!!!
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Deanne I''m so happy for you. You deserve the best. I love white gold, so nothings wrong with putting every cent into your diamond and spending a little less on white gold. I know the waiting game is tough, but it''s definitely worth it!

*hugs*

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2005 1:59:05 AM
Author: Jelly
YAY! Deanne I''m so happy for you. You deserve the best. I love white gold, so nothings wrong with putting every cent into your diamond and spending a little less on white gold. I know the waiting game is tough, but it''s definitely worth it!

*hugs*
Its funny you say that cuz as I was getting ready for bed, I thought I would check out Abazias for settings---and----oh wow...they have some lovely antique-looking settings in both WG and Plat. for really good prices and the settings are beautiful. The ones I liked were #62293, an antique looking style, #R11 a gorgeous setting that is highly detailed, an etched solitaire, #12597, a classic cathedral style I loved, #R304-100W, and a lovely WG solitaire, #120620, that was breathtaking. I also loved Ice store, Inc.''s settings...so pretty...hot contenders and good for the $!#PS1006 a solitaire that is engraved, and #PS1007 took my breath away with the detailing and the heart accent. The final one I put on my list is #GS 0193, a setting that has baguettes and engraving that is lucious. I LOVE engraving! It is so captivating!

Whew...I think the sandman has finally caught up with me...
emangel.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful news! I’m so happy for you – you truly deserve a little sparkle – can’t wait for the final pictures of your setting…how exciting!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2005 1:19:23 AM
Author: DeannaBana

You are too sweet!!!
emlove.gif
I actually am going to have my older son help me put a DB handbag set of mine---it has the satchel handbag, a sunglass case, a shoulder strap a cosmetic case, etc.---on ebay to help bring me a bit more cash. I only took the handbag to church once and its practically new so its off to a new and worthy owner! No, no...no pressure felt here. Thank you for your kind and considerate thoughts though...you are too kind.
emembarrassed.gif
Good for you, Deanne. I hope you get the 25th anniversary present you hoped for. I recently learned to sell on eBay too! Same as you, I wanted a little extra cash (to pay for a setting for a spinel that I had already), so I gathered handbags, books, kids Halloween costumes, etc., and I taught myselft to list on eBay. I ended up with well over $700 for stuff I have laying around collecting dust!!!!!!! I''m so surprised, it''s time for me to make another round and come up with some more stuff to sell. You''d be surprised at what you have that is of value to someone else. Let us know how it goes.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2005 9:30:45 AM
Author: diamondlil

Date: 10/22/2005 1:19:23 AM
Author: DeannaBana

You are too sweet!!!
emlove.gif
emembarrassed.gif
Good for you, Deanne. I hope you get the 25th anniversary present you hoped for. I recently learned to sell on eBay too! Same as you, I wanted a little extra cash (to pay for a setting for a spinel that I had already), so I gathered handbags, books, kids Halloween costumes, etc., and I taught myselft to list on eBay. I ended up with well over $700 for stuff I have laying around collecting dust!!!!!!! I''m so surprised, it''s time for me to make another round and come up with some more stuff to sell. You''d be surprised at what you have that is of value to someone else. Let us know how it goes.
My oldest son sells game or concert tickets all the time, so I am going to have him help me to get good shots and angles. I think I will use this weekend to go through some of our stuff and corral togather what of my own things can be useful or desirable to others and sell them. I have nice quality handbags galore and usually use about 2/3rds of them, but...I want this ring more...so off the handbags go.
emthup.gif

I always said I was willing to sacrifice what I can...and I will!
emotion-5.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I am just about to go to bed but I had to let you all know that I am counting the hours until I learn about the stone from GOG! Tomorrow, Mark T. from engagementringsdirect will probably call me so I will update you then...stay tuned!
emwink.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ll be waiting!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
By this time, I had hoped to have a bit of good news to report, but Mark T. w/engagementringsdirect said he has nothing for me until Thursday at the earliest
emsad.gif
...so now I am putting alot of my hopes into Tim w/GOG tomorrow. I know the jewish holidays have taken a big bite out of the jewelry business, but its tough to be patient I am afraid...but I will try
emembarrassed.gif
. Has this happened to any of you out there or I am being too nice or I don''t know...just tell me what you think...please? Also, I am seriousy considering getting a cushion that is of the SI clarity if the cut is incredible and all else checks out? Am I being too easy to please, should I look more for a VS grade or what? People, I need you guys!
emotion-20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s hard to be patient, but Mark does a great job and finds fabulous stones, so it''s worth the wait, IMHO. Tim does a great job too. So lets wait and see what turns up. Many people love SI1''s including myself. If they are eye clean that''s all I care about. Hang in there, won''t be too much longer, and hugs too!!!
35.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s okay, DeannaBana, it will all work out. I''m a HUGE fan of SI clarity stones. I would never turn my nose up at that as long as it is eye clean. You''ll get a larger stone for your money that way, and for me that''s important. Just my 2 cents though.
2.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I agree, there''s nothing wrong with an eye clean SI. In fact, in your situation, I think it might be wiser to go down to this clarity. This way, you can spend the money where it really counts, the cut
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results