shape
carat
color
clarity

The journey for my mini upgrade for my 25th anniversary...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Deanne, the diamond looks fab, it''s so bright! And that''s an awesome backyard you have!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-wow-wow - it''s a beautiful diamond and you backyard is incredible! It''s like a having a resort at your home.
I would love to see more pictures of your backyard...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations!!

Oh, and that yard of your isn''t too shabby either
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad that you found a stone that you are thrilled with. . . you''ve come a long way baby in a short period of time! Congratulations to you - keep us updated!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, MMM and Rhino!!! You guys crack me up!
emteeth.gif
All you PSers know that if you are ever out my way in sunny Riverside, Ca, you just need to bring your suntan lotion and at least an hour''s notice and I will have the jacuzzi hot and toasty for you to enjoy
emhot.gif
!

Thanks for all the compliments on my yard of what you saw of it. I''ll post more pix once I get the stone in a beautiful setting...I loved how icy white the stone photographed!
emwink.gif

Hard to believe its an H, huh?

Well...after my last post, I headed out just as I said I would and mailed off my GOG cushion and my own princess cut ring off to RockDoc for appraisals. Since the princess cut was an uncertified stone, I knew I needed to get her certified--whether I keep the stone or not, plus for insurance reasons in the meantime...

Oh my gosh!!! It was so hard to leave the post office after I did it!
emcry.gif
I realize one important fact about me in all of this...I am NOT patient!

I know the stone will be in Florida by tomorrow and I paid a bit extra to be sure of it, but its still so hard!!!
emembarrassed.gif

To cheer myself up, I went to look at settings and see if what I think I like, I do, and if it looks good on my hand...

All I can say is....wow....WOW!!!
emotion-20.gif
So many pretty settings and I definitely like 2 distinct types of settings: 1) a simple by brilliant prong solitaire setting 1/2 down the shank with a matching WB would be amazing, and 2) engraving on the shank with milgraining framing baguettes that showcase the center stone w/maybe a little pave just for fun.

I want to go to at least a couple other places to really help narrow down which way I am going to go. BTW, if I wait a little more towards Christmas like shortly after Thanksgiving, its possible to have a bit more to spend on the ring. I would rather wait and make sure anyways cuz when its right, its right!!!
emthup.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 4:44:19 PM
Author: moremoremore
It''s a great stone...forget the details of the numbers...
And equally important...CAN I COME OVER AND DO A BELLY FLOP IN THAT POOL?????????????
30.gif
Oh, and MMM, just give me a buzz and head on over...if you want the pool heated I need a day''s notice, (hee! hee!)
emotion-5.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 3:16:41 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It''s about time! Congratulations!
Thanks, Tacori!
emsmile.gif
This is such an exciting time for me!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 5:05:07 PM
Author: Rhino

Date: 11/8/2005 4:44:19 PM
Author: moremoremore
It''s a great stone...forget the details of the numbers...
And equally important...CAN I COME OVER AND DO A BELLY FLOP IN THAT POOL?????????????
30.gif
LOL... That is exactly what I was thinking mmm.
9.gif

Deanna, thank you for the kind words about the stone. You are truly a pleasure to serve. Now ... when can me and mmm come take a swim?
3.gif

Warm regards,
Get your suit, Rhino, and head on over!
emhot.gif
A pool party just takes a few friends who have like things in common, a heated pool or jacuzzi, some drinks, some music--its a party!
emthup.gif

And you are welcome, Rhino! Everyone at GOG has been highly professional, courteous and an absolute pleasure to talk to...

To all of you--Tim, you are awesome and I am glad to speak to you anytime, answering all my questions
Rhino, you''re fun, you remind me a little of Alan Alda--whom I adore!
Charlie, you as nice, helpful and sweet as one could hope for!
and to the rest of your team who helped in one way or another--sincerest appreciation!
emlove.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 5:31:08 PM
Author: Jelly
What a gorgeous, fabulous ring!! I''m so happy for you!
Thanks, Jelly!
emthup.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 7:02:55 PM
Author: Ries
Wow-wow-wow - it''s a beautiful diamond and you backyard is incredible! It''s like a having a resort at your home.
I would love to see more pictures of your backyard...
Thank you so much Ries! I will get some taken and post them for you all to enjoy...It IS a resort for us! We made serious use of it during the summer months for parties like every week. We have a palapa covered bbq island that rocks! We have cooked up to 30 burger patties at once on that thing and it has a knock out rotesserie unit we haven''t even broke in yet. It is more my husband''s bit of paradise--the bbq part--cuz he is the one always doing the grill. We have a seperate burner for outside cooking. The fridge is super cold for water bottles, juice boxes, cheese slices, condiments--whatever. The stereo system is amazing and my eldest son changed out the speakers for better ones and now it is over the top. We have lights that circle around the top of the palapa and tiki torches all over the yard encompassing the island, the patio and the jacuzzi for ambience. Don''t worry--I will get all of you here on Pricescope some awesome pix of my yard. It took 3 years to get the funds to pay for it and it was worth it. Our family has used the pool SO much! The hot tub has held up to 15 people in it at one time, but its made for 6-8 people with leisure room.
emotion-19.gif

Thanks for compliments...I helped pick out the trees and foliage for the yard and due to other needs, we haven''t exactly finished yet, but that''s fine. We can add to it as money, temperature and season makes it possible to do so.
emwink.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 7:10:55 PM
Author: Rascal49
WOW!!! It is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations!!

Oh, and that yard of your isn''t too shabby either
2.gif
It means alot Rascal, that you like my rock and my yard!
emembarrassed.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 8:37:40 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
So glad that you found a stone that you are thrilled with. . . you''ve come a long way baby in a short period of time! Congratulations to you - keep us updated!
Oh MissGotRocks!
emwink.gif
I am glad you chimed in...It seems like its been a long, long road, but in reality, it hasn''t but I am relieved!
emsmilep.gif
I am not sure I could do this kind of thing for months on end...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are too kind Deanne.

I am just starting my day online and beginning with your kind words has really made my day and I can''t thank you enough for that.

I have relatives in Orange so don''t be surprised if one day you get a phone call!
3.gif
Is Riverside anywhere by Orange? hehe... just kidding. I wouldn''t bother you... maybe.
2.gif

Your rocks will be safe with RockDoc. He''s been quick on the draw lately so the wait shouldn''t be bad.

Warmest regards,
Jonathan

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 10:59:30 AM
You are too kind Deanne.

I am just starting my day online and beginning with your kind words has really made my day and I can''t thank you enough for that.

I have relatives in Orange so don''t be surprised if one day you get a phone call!
3.gif
Is Riverside anywhere by Orange? hehe... just kidding. I wouldn''t bother you... maybe.
2.gif

Your rocks will be safe with RockDoc. He''s been quick on the draw lately so the wait shouldn''t be bad.

Warmest regards,
Jonathan
Oh, Rhino...
emembarrassed.gif
...I told you when we started this process that if we found a cushion for me--and it was at least a carat--I''d be a happy lady and your PR person here...so there you go!
emotion-5.gif
Riverside is actually not that far from Orange...about 45 minutes by freeway with moderate traffic flow! Hey, don''t not stop in if you are in my neck of the woods! You can always stop by to say hello!
Thanks for the confirm with regards to RockDoc...He and I have already chatted about 3 or 4 times. He got my diamonds today and called to tell me so. He''s a bit under the weather, but from what I gather with talking with him, not even a little cough is going to slow down his professionalism and call to duty!
emotion-15.gif

And...you are most certainly welcome, Jonathan...

Kindly,

Deanne
emlove.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Deanne, that rock is blinding!
30.gif
You did a great job picking it out. Jonathan found you a simply awesome stone. I can''t wait to hear what setting you pick. I concur with the others on your backyard. I want one just like yours.
9.gif

shay

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 5:59:30 PM
Author: Shay37
Deanne, that rock is blinding!
30.gif
You did a great job picking it out. Jonathan found you a simply awesome stone. I can''t wait to hear what setting you pick. I concur with the others on your backyard. I want one just like yours.
9.gif

shay
Thanks, Shay!
emwink.gif
I plan to post nice pix of the yard so you and others can see it as I do everyday...Yes, Tim and Jonathan really came through for me at GOG. Now, I just need to stay distracted until I get her back from RockDoc. I checked out some settings yesterday and am going with a GF tomorrow to see some more...

Thanks so much for your comments, Shay!
emlove.gif

recran

Rough_Rock
Ya, I keep checking back in on this post hoping for more house pictures too!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Just a note about how things are progressing...

RockDoc has been examining my cushion stone and my princess cut. He has sent over my gemprints for both, though I don''t understand them. I should know more soon...

I am bobbing from one jewelry store to the next checking out settings, to see what I like, find out who carries what kind of policies and designers, etc. I plan to go to a couple of jewelers in Redlands during the next week or two that I heard have some good lines that are towards the styles I am finding I like and hopefully good prices as well.

I am also shopping for a couple of dresses for the anniversary trip that will be in the Caribbean...can you believe it?!!
emsmilep.gif

Gotta go...

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Deanna BEAUTIFUL stone! And gooorrgeeous pool!! I can''t wait to see that baby in a setting!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
what is the princess stone for?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WS,
The princess cut stone is Deanne''s original ering stone.
2.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
If I didn''t make that clear before about my princess cut, so sorry...I have had a princess cut stone in my YG e-ring since 1992.The ring was a replacement ring for my orig. e-ring that my oldest daughter lost for me years ago...I appreciate Kaleigh helping by telling you that it was a stone I already owned. Unfortunately for me, I did not have the info and knowledge about diamonds then that I do now or I would have insisted on a certified stone and not bought an uncertified one like I did with the princess cut...so now I am getting it certified by RockDoc.
emembarrassed.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I find it interesting that from one jeweler to the next, their opinion of platinum vs. WG varies---sometimes, alot. A Ben Bridge jeweler I went into while at the mall a couple of nights ago, had lovely ring settings, but when I inquired about making any of the settings out of platinum, she mentioned very clearly that "the world has more WG in it" and "WG was considered more favorable over platinum due to platinum''s ''malleability''"...
emotion-40.gif
I know that plat scratches easier, but so does WG. Plat is weightier and I thought was the strongest metal or the hardest metal one could make jewelry out of...

I went to a Robbins Brothers Jewelers in Montclair and found a lovely selection of settings, 2 of which I really liked alot. But, again, the gal helping me wasn''t as keen on platinum as WG. She didn''t make any statement like the gal at Ben Bridge, but she kept mentioning that you "get more ring and bling with WG vs. platinum." The gal at Robbins Brothers was in agreement that platinum was superior for engraving on a ring to WG though for long term wearability.
emthup.gif

I was looking around on the PC last night and realized I like alot of Richard Landi styles, but no one close by is a dealer
emsad.gif
so I would have a difficult time finding a jeweler closer than Santa Clara or Santa Rosa CA...

RockDoc has emailed me to tell me he was delayed in working on my stones due to last minute guests he has...He says he will back at my stones on Sunday, so I am hoping to her something more definite either later Sunday or Monday for sure...
emwink.gif

Anyways, just thought I would give a brief overview of things...this waiting is killing me!!!
emcry.gif

I think I am worse with this situation with my diamonds then I was for Christmas as a kid!!! This is waaaayyy bad...oh, well...gonna try to stay distracted...
emcrook.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Deanabana,

Thanks for the update! Here is a chart I copied and pasted here for ya regarding pros/cons of platinum vs white gold for a more full overview of the two metals. Hrm... it appears the chart didn''t paste as a chart but the order is correct. If you have any further questions about any of these comments don''t hesitate to ask.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

PS: Something to keep you distracted while the rocks are away... http://www.richardlandi.com/ :) We speak with RL on a weekly basis so if we can help you with the setting on this end we''re here for ya. If you did prefer to get the setting locally though I can understand too.

Platinum
White Gold
Comments

Pl: Inch for inch heavier and denser metal
WG: Inch for inch lighter
Comm: When both are put in your hands you can feel the weight difference of the platinum.

Pl: Scratches easier.
WG: Maintains it’s sheen longer than platinum
Comm: After polishing white gold will look shinier for a longer time than platinum will.

Pl: Wear~ability factor many times that of gold
WG: White gold wears thin over time and the shank may have to eventually be replaced
Comm: 50 years from now the platinum ring will be as thick as the day you bought it.

Pl: Maintains it’s white color forever.
WG: May eventually tinge to a very light yellow
Comm: Over time the acids in your skin may cause the white gold to slightly tarnish causing it to change color

Pl: Price is 3x to 4x as much as gold.
WG: Price is very inexpensive compared to platinum.
Comm: When considering the total cost of an engagement ring, the small amount more for platinum is deemed by many as insignificant in relation to the total cost.

Pl: Over time, long term maintenance on platinum involves visits for repolishing.
WG: Over time, maintenance on white gold rings can include repolishing, replating (rhodium finish), and/or eventual replacement of shank.
Comm: Neither metal will always look new. Both need eventual maintenance one way or the other.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2005 12:15:47 PM

Hi Deanabana,

Thanks for the update! Here is a chart I copied and pasted here for ya regarding pros/cons of platinum vs white gold for a more full overview of the two metals. Hrm... it appears the chart didn''t paste as a chart but the order is correct. If you have any further questions about any of these comments don''t hesitate to ask.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

PS: Something to keep you distracted while the rocks are away... http://www.richardlandi.com/ :) We speak with RL on a weekly basis so if we can help you with the setting on this end we''re here for ya. If you did prefer to get the setting locally though I can understand too.

Platinum
White Gold
Comments

Pl: Inch for inch heavier and denser metal
WG: Inch for inch lighter
Comm: When both are put in your hands you can feel the weight difference of the platinum.

Pl: Scratches easier.
WG: Maintains it’s sheen longer than platinum
Comm: After polishing white gold will look shinier for a longer time than platinum will.

Pl: Wear~ability factor many times that of gold
WG: White gold wears thin over time and the shank may have to eventually be replaced
Comm: 50 years from now the platinum ring will be as thick as the day you bought it.

Pl: Maintains it’s white color forever.
WG: May eventually tinge to a very light yellow
Comm: Over time the acids in your skin may cause the white gold to slightly tarnish causing it to change color

Pl: Price is 3x to 4x as much as gold.
WG: Price is very inexpensive compared to platinum.
Comm: When considering the total cost of an engagement ring, the small amount more for platinum is deemed by many as insignificant in relation to the total cost.

Pl: Over time, long term maintenance on platinum involves visits for repolishing.
WG: Over time, maintenance on white gold rings can include repolishing, replating (rhodium finish), and/or eventual replacement of shank.
Comm: Neither metal will always look new. Both need eventual maintenance one way or the other.

Hi Rhino...and thanks so much for all the info...
I did read about plat vs. WG awhile back but now that I am actually in search for real and I went to the Richard Landi website and have found some styles that are gorgeous...of course, I can''t go nuts and forget price. I also like A. Jaffe. Do you work with them as well? Obviously for convenience, if I could find an authorized dealer for Richard Landi rings here in Ca close by enough for me to see them and try them on, I would want to go that route. How much this lovely rings cost is also another fact I must consider. If you are able to help get an idea of cost of a few styles I am going to list next, that could and possibly would sway me to have you take care of this for me.

If possible, please check with you Richard Landi rep for prices on the following:
#LDR656
#LDR582
#LDR558(*I like this one alot
emwink.gif
)
#LDR291
#LDR446
#HI1671-HI629(*This one is amazing
emsmilep.gif
)

I got the item numbers from the Richard Landi website...

I appreciate you checking on this and could you ask him if there is any jeweler within 25 miles of Riverside, CA that is an authorized resource so I can see these beauties?

Rhino, I more than appreciate you doing this for me...

Warmly,

Deanne
emlove.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deanne,
So glad things are progressing smoothly. Can you post some of the pics of these settings, everyone would love to see them I''m sure!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's LDR656
ldr656.jpg

lDR-582

ldr582.jpg

LDR-558

ldr558.jpg

LDR-291

ldr291.jpg

LDR-446

ldr446.jpg

final one: HI1671-HI629

HI671.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you mrssalvo!!!
9.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2005 10:42:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Here''s LDR656
ldr656.jpg

lDR-582

ldr582.jpg

LDR-558

ldr558.jpg

LDR-291

ldr291.jpg

LDR-446

ldr446.jpg

final one: HI1671-HI629

HI671.jpg
Thank you SO much Mrssalvo!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emembarrassed.gif
emotion-5.gif
I am still learning a little at a time about posting pics and so forth and I feel somewhat computer illiterate so I truly appreciate the help!!! I find I like the kind of rings posted or a simple prong set ring...Let me know which ones all of you like...

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Yippee! Woo-Hoo!
DeannaB, it''s gorgeous! Congratulations, what scrumptious cushion. It''s so white and sparkly. I can''t wait to see what setting you decide on.

Your yard is amazing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results