shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ljmf » 15 May 2012 19:59

After several years wearing my replacement engagement ring I contracted the shrinking diamond syndrome. After surviving 25 years of marriage to me, my husband agreed to let me upgrade my engagement ring.

Original Ring: 1.39 ct, VS2, H James Allen H&A Diamond
Upgrade: 3.017 ct, SI1, I WhiteFlash ES Diamond

I never thought I would trade cut / clarity / color for a larger diamond but in person it was hard to pass up the larger diamond.

Thanks to the excellent reviews by the women of pricescope, I made an excellent choice securing the services of Victor Canera to design and create my engagement ring. He is meticulous and very easy to work with. I am considered a picky person (maybe not on pricescope) and I had no issues working with Victor. When he sent me the ring design since I had never seen a similar setting I was a little hesitant going forward with the ring. However, after seeing his other work and the excellent feedback from other pricescopers I decided to trust him and move forward with the ring. I am so glad I did. The ring is well made, excellent and enhances my diamond.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-017-carat-upgrade-victor-canera-new-setting.175503/

ljm.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi » 21 May 2012 03:04

Hi all! Just sharing my new eternity band from IDJ. I love my full eternity with 20 pointers, but stacked with my engagement ring it's a bit overpowering, though I love the look. Luann put this precious little piece of bling together for me, it's a size 6 with .90ctw of 3 pointers, F-G, SI in their usual lovely cut. I'm very happy with it, and it looks heaps better with my e-ring!

Excuse the lack of sun in my pics, winter is on the way! Brrr!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-idj-eternity-with-3-pointers.175706/

dandi.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal » 17 May 2012 18:09

OK, now for the RING.

This ring is to commemorate/symbolize (justify the purchase, whatever you want to call it) my upcoming 40th birthday. TGuy and I have been through our fair share of great and not so great times, so I did like the cheesy trilogy yesterday/today/tomorrow idea. Also this is the year that he got snipped, defining us as just a three person family. And lastly, because my mom contributed to it, the three stones also represent the three generations of women in my family (Thanks to Alj for that sweet idea.)

I wanted to keep the stones altogether from the brooch, even though profile-wise they weren’t an exact match. The profile might drive some PSers bonkers, but I like that one of the stones isn’t as high as the other two. Kind of makes me think it represents Amelia, who has still some growing to do.

Because of the crown profiles not matching, and the fact the ring is handmade, it’s not “perfect”…which I like! It has quirks and nuances, and is full of surprises.

The inspiration ring is one that Coati posted on my original thread, and I went searching online and found more pics. The inspiration ring is done with a 2 carat center and 1 carat sides, so it’s HUGE, but I liked the octagons and the general flow of the ring. I wanted more delicate octagons though…something where it wasn’t blatantly obvious, but would lend a little something different to the ring. I tried on round bezel 3 stones and they didn’t look great on my hand. I wanted a vintage feel, but not too ornate as my wedding set is very modern. The very delicate/thin octagon appealed to me in the gold ring we found as a model, as well as the straight/clean lines of the gallery (which matched my engagement ring feel.)

There are some differences between the original gold ring that I used as a model and my finished ring. First I noticed is that the prongs on the original are rounded, and mine come to claw points. I think it is because the original held a sapphire with a very low crown. Due to the higher crown on my stones, making them claws refines the look. These prongs are TINY, I can hardly see them IRL, and even on the smaller side stones it does not appear crowded. Joni instructed the jeweler that the first priority was to make sure all the stones were very secure. They did a great job because the center stone is wonkier shaped than the other two (I can tell with a loupe easily, it’s much harder with the naked eye in this setting). The prongs on the almost transitional stone are flatter, but I expected there would be some differences due to crown height. Again, doesn’t bother me at all.

The other difference is one I’ll mention further down. The engraver engraved this ring differently to the original. I’m not sure if I like it or don’t. I think he may have done it for aesthetics, or maybe just did it differently because he didn’t think to emulate the other ring. Anyway, I’ll point out the differences and see what you all think. I’m going to wear it for at least a week to let it grow on me, which it already is. Everything else about the ring is perfect for me. The gifted diamonds on the shank are lovely and allow every view from the side and top to be sparkle heaven.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ee-stone-ring-by-23rd-street-jewelers.175582/

travelinggal.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
beesha77 » 17 May 2012 00:33

Just got engaged on mothers day!! Sweetest proposal ever! Sorry I cannot get any closeups of the diamond! I used my cell phone as my camera is at a friends! Sorry for the not so great quality! I know it's a 1.2 cushion brilliant, vs1, H. The 3 little diamonds on the underside of the ring are diamonds he added representing my 3 boys.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-engaged-on-mothers-day.175553/

beesha.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

lage

Rough_Rock
Married 7 years today and I’m ready for a reset (melee keep falling out of 18kt WG setting). Ready to de-halo, but struggling to decide on a setting due to serious DSS. Center stone is a 1.5ct H VS2 RB in a size 5 setting.

bagOtrix

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have never posted my engagement ring in this folder so here it is.
Tiffany Soleste.
Tiffany%20Soleste.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lage and bagOtrix, you both have stunning halos!! :love:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Beyond gorgeous!! Congratulations! :appl: :wavey:

bvlgarigirl

Rough_Rock
just got engaged! =D im the worlds luckiest woman! ^^

FH got me a Bvlgari Griffe brilliant round with side stones
1.52 D VS2

550810_4145173714396_1435374573_4465724_803948718_n.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Congrats, that is a stunning ring!!

katiedub

Rough_Rock
this is one of my absolute favorite settings for an er! i just love how classic and beautiful it is, timeless :) congratulations!

minigirl

Rough_Rock
all are so beautiful

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
InnaR » 27 May 2012 21:11

I've been holding out for a long time. Its my first attempt to take few decent pictures of my goodies. All were taken today around 5.00 p.m. on my deck under 100% natural day light. They get dirty so fast, so I apologize for some of the pictures. Of course I cannot compare with PS picture gurus, but I still hope that you will enjoy them. I’ll let the stones speak for themselves.

1. 1.9 N VS2 OEC ebay find from two years ago. I reset it recently in vintage soviet 583 rose gold setting and wear it a my e-ring. Sometimes I doubt if it’s really an N

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-9-n-oec-2-5-m-transitional-and-1-2-j-oec.175977/

inna1.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honeycrisp » 09 Jun 2012 11:54

Hello everyone,

I’m a long time lurker and devout PS enthusiast that has learned so
much from PS that I can’t thank you ENOUGH. I’ve always believed I knew a great
deal about jewelry but let me tell you that PS is responsible for my
new found jewelry knowledge. So on to my story:
I had an old pear shaped ring ( my engagement ring) and wanted a new one that was hand forged, something really beautiful and totally different. Having read many wondeful reviews about ERD, I contacted Mark and scheduled an appointment; the rest is
history. He understood exactly what I wanted for my anniversary
project and went straight to work. He took my old diamond and designed a playful yet elegant Elizabeth Taylor type halo ring
that I just adore and now hope you do as well..

Stats

1.65 Carat E SI1

Halo.

45 diamonds 0.38 carat

Thank you PS, Mark T. and his staff for making this an effortless and
enjoyable process.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-hand-forged-pearshape-halo-ring-by-erd.176436/

honey.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara » 31 May 2012 23:35

So some of you know the story already or part of it…but here’s the whole saga. Grab some popcorn.

Here’s a little history about me.

I’m a long term PS’er, and I love large diamonds. My existing stone was a 2.32RB that I got from WhiteFlash many years ago (6). For about 6 months now I have been thinking about selling that stone and getting a larger and older cut. I’ve been smitten by the old cut bug along with so many PS'ers. I always have had a soft spot in my hearts for them, the first stone we looked at 10 years ago for an e-ring was an OEC…. But I became interested in the perfection that is H&A and the OEC never got it’s time to shine. Until now.

As time has passed, and my tastes have changed, I wore my RB less and less. I acquired some beautiful colored stones, set those into beautiful mountings, acquired some other diamond rings, and started to wear those more. I’m not a RHR person though I do wear rings on that hand sometimes but I just prefer to have a ring on my left hand for the most part. Simple girl (HA!). I felt badly that my RB was languishing. Plus I was coveting old cuts more and more and even acquired an amazing 1.5c OEC/transitional. The 2.32RB just felt unappreciated. But I never could quite get on board with getting rid of it.

Then enter my local jeweler. He knows about my love of old stones AND my love of giant honking rocks. So when I heard that he had a 9mm OEC for sale from my girlfriend who had just bought a vintage ring from him, I emailed him right away. And was in looking at it a day later. It was beautiful. It really whet the appetite for that bigger stone and an OEC to boot.

So, me being who I am, a research obsessed long-term PS’er… I can’t just settle for the first thing I see, I need to make sure I’ve seen EVERY LITTLE THING before I buy. And seeing that 9mm really got my wheels turning big time on what to do with my MRB. I couldn’t justify having 2 giant rocks, nor did I think my hub would go for ‘oh can I have a big chunk of money for another diamond ring’ at all. We had ‘the talk’ and the outcome over a few days was…’do what will make you happy’. Yay for understanding husbands. I still wasn’t totally sure about trading in my RB but seeing it alongside a huge OEC pretty much sold me.

I worked out a trade option on the RB with a few vendors I was chatting with. But the thought of trading in my MRB rather than knowing where it was going kind of tore at my heart a bit. I’m not a sentimental person but she’s been with me for 6 years and we’ve had some great times, plus as many old time PS’ers know, she was my total holy grail of a stone…I felt so lucky to have found her. This stone is one of the most amazing I have ever seen in terms of performance, color, clarity, always the best combo. Just stunning. I didn’t want it to go into the great retail void and end up with a random customer who really didn’t know what they had nor would they appreciate it.

So, at the urging of a smart friend of mine… I placed the stone up on DB. It sold within 2 hours…some type of record maybe? To a Pricescoper, and one I knew quite well to boot! I was ecstatic (and a little bit in shock, truth be told!). The fact that I could now shop with cash in hand made things so much easier and opened things up big time for me in terms of who I could work with to find the perfect ‘next stone’ for me. I don’t say forever stone because let’s face it, I’m a fickle girl and I don’t know that I’ll ever have a ‘forever’ stone.

Within a few days, I had two more stones in my possession to look at, and took them to visit the third (original) stone that I had seen locally. I already mostly knew which one I would choose, but I needed to make sure it was the right decision. It was, and the decision was made. It may sound simple, but it wasn’t quite. I think also knowing that I wasn’t putting the pressure on myself to make this the ‘one’ stone was also very freeing.

Now to set it. I had a plan in mind…but it would take a few weeks to get the setting made. I’m seeing some PS friends this weekend and wanted the gals to see it. My husband said…’WHAT? You’re taking a loose stone on vacation with you? Oh helllllll no.’ Actually he didn’t say no, but it made me think. So I emailed the vendor I was buying from and said, I know this is a tall order but is there any way you have a temp setting that you could drop ship me for a local guy to set it for my trip this wkd? Vendor said…ship it back and we’ll take care of it. Since it was a long wkd, I shipped the stone back on Tuesday, they got it Wed, set it and shipped it back out Wed for Thursday arrival. YES, received, set and shipped same day-- now that is service!!!! And the setting is freaking fantastic for a ‘temp’ and the prongs are perfect tiny claws, just the way my anal self likes them. This thing looks so awesome that I am rethinking having my permanent setting made just right now, because I’d like to enjoy this ring for a little while I think!!

Ok now time for the details… the stone is a 3.33 K SI2 (EGL). The main inclusion is a white feather that hits the pavilion, but thankfully poses no durability risks. It’s visible in some lighting, I know where to look and macro pictures surely point it out, but everyone who has seen the stone in person doesn’t know where it is, which is perfect for me. I love a good SI stone because it means more bang for the buck. The color is definitely not a K to me, having had a J H&A and a K ACA, to me it looks more like an M. Knowing EGL is a little more loose, I expected that though and I am completely fine with that bit of warmth. My skin is olive so I feel as though it’s complimentary.

I have to also give major props to the vendor, Old World Diamonds. I have numerous friends who have worked with them for their old stone purchases and raved about them to me for some time now. So when my search opened up a little, I was happy to email Adam and ask what he had. I have to say, working with Adam was simply divine. OWD is really quite amazing. Their inventory is flat out awesome, they really listen to the customer, and bend over backwards to make the experience comfortable. Plus let’s be honest, I really love the trade-in policy as well because we all know this is probably not my ‘forever’ stone (because there isn’t one!) but I am certainly happy to wear this beauty for a long time.

I also worked with JBEG who was fantastic as well, just didn’t have what I was looking for in inventory, and also my local jeweler, Joe Escobar. My contact there, Erik, has an amazing 9mm M/N VS1 OEC stone for anyone who is looking…this was my 2nd contender and the first stone I saw. Unfortunately once I saw the 3.3c, it was game over. Adam also had a 2.57c L/VS2 stone that I considered but in the end the stunning chameleon-like pattern of this beauty, and her sheer size totally won me over.

She’s technically an OEC…but has transitional patterning under the table, a high crown, high depth, small table and a slight cushion shape. I just love how she’s different depending on lighting, and doesn’t fit into one sweet little box all neat and tidy.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-old-is-new-my-3-33-k-si2-oec.176124/

mara.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kat08 » 07 Jun 2012 00:00

I'm excited to finally post pictures of my new wedding set celebrating my 10th anniversary! I really only have you guys to share with. My close friends aren't as girly as I am and don't even wear any diamonds at all (so I'd feel funny showing off my ring), but I love pretty and sparkly things.

I had a hard time choosing between yellow gold and platinum for my new wedding set (both yellow and white metals look beautiful with diamonds!), but I ultimately went with yellow gold again. 10 years ago with my first wedding set, yellow gold was already disappearing from wedding jewelry stores, and now jewelry stores don't even carry yellow gold engagement/wedding rings at all where I live! But I've always loved yellow gold and decided to stay with it. I'm glad, too, there are a few more women starting to keep me company again in the love of yellow gold wedding jewelry (not locally so much, but based on this and other forums, I know they're out there, at least in other cities!).

Right after getting my ring, I posted on the Rocky Talk side worrying that my diamond had a slight haze, but after looking at it longer in different lights/environments, I realized that it was just reflection. The diamond's clear and beautiful, and I'm very happy with it.

Now for the specs:
.82 carats
Color I
SI1 (eye clean)
Excellent Cut by GIA
Table: 57%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Lower Girdle Facets: 75%

And the pictures!
Size 5 finger, 18K yellow gold

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...for-10th-anniversary-yellow-gold-halo.176357/

kat07.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger » 02 Jun 2012 11:10

Just kidding, I'm not really old - but I am considering this to be a 30th birthday present to myself. I'm only 28 now, but I figure it will take 18 months for me to replenish my savings through overtime, so it's close enough. I'd rather have it on my finger sooner rather than later, so I can enjoy it in the meantime.

I've had a few other threads regarding getting a large antique stone, and this ring is the fruit of that search. It was sourced for me by Adam at Old World Diamonds and the entire process was a delight. Adam was kind and attentive, and had that delicate balance of business versus friendly banter down pat. I never felt as if I were inconveniencing him, despite the fact that I was extremely indecisive and must have given him a terrible headache more than once!

The stone is an antique cushion, 4.65 carats, a very, very clean SI1. The color is up for debate, I suppose. Adam had it tentatively pegged as an L (perhaps EGL standards?), Neil appraised it as an O/P, and my eyes split the difference at about an N. Face down. Face up, gorgeous ecru. Eggshell. Rice white. One of those chic names for off-white. I would grade it similar to my engagement ring, which is a J/K face up. On white backgrounds it definitely shows its warmth, and I really enjoy seeing how the color changes in different lighting. I have seen it as low as O/P face up, but I've also seen it as white as my G earrings. The light play from the stone is excellent - it is 'on' all the time. It produces more white light return than my engagement ring antique cushion, but doesn't disappoint in the fire category either. A very well-balanced stone.

The setting is a CAD/cast platinum rough replica of the ever-famous "Boston Jeff." Adam's bench had this CAD/cast/finished/set for me in 3 business days. It was absolutely remarkable, and the workmanship is still brilliant. Every spot of the ring is gorgeously silky polished, the prongs are far finer and delicate than the pictures show. There is absolutely no sign that the setting was rushed. I don't imagine that I'll ever reset this little darling.

I must admit that, to my own eyes, the photos make the stone look too large for my hand. When I first tried it on, I had my doubts. Thankfully I've experienced the fastest case of DSS ever known, and in the 2 hours I've been wearing it, it has shrunken down to just perfect. In real life the diamond does look different - especially since the black of the camera seems to always worm its way into my photos. Regardless, here are a few I snapped just now in the hotel room. The weather outside is dismal (we are in London!), overcast with lots of gray. That's the lighting by the window. There's also a shot near an incandescent lamp.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-for-an-old-girl-4-65-antique-cushion.176169/

justginer.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
birdland » 06 Jun 2012 22:15

I’ve recently bought an engagement ring from ERD and felt like everyone should know what a great experience I had.

My fiancé wanted an eternity band as her engagement ring, so we looked around at local stores to get a feel for what she was looking for. Eventually we decided on a u-prong style with about 40-pointers. After looking on PS the two jewelers that seemed to keep coming up were Engagement Rings Direct and ID Jewelry. I called them both, speaking with Mark and Chris from ERD, and Yekutiel from ID Jewelry. I chose to go with ERD based on previous reviews, a quick and professional response, and because they promised to keep me informed on the process. ERD was true to their word staying in constant contact, and giving me weekly updates that included photos, CAD images, and 3D printing.

The ring is absolutely beautiful. It is great workmanship and definitely met what I wanted and then some. I can highly recommend Engagement Rings Direct.

The ring is 6.10 ctw (15 diamonds) VS, F/G, ideal cut, set in platinum in size 6.5.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-band-engagement-ring-by-erd.176350/

bird.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keeksy » 08 Jun 2012 23:14

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking on Pricescope for the past four and a half years. I finally have my wedding set to share! Thanks to all of you for the information you provide. I wouldn't have been able to choose such a beautiful wedding set without the help of this community! Now it is time to pay it forward and share what I ended up with. Hopefully my set will be inspirational or helpful to other PSers.

My set demonstrates the many things I have learned here:

- I have an ideal 1.72 K SI1 stone in a platinum setting. The stone has strong blue fluorescence, so it looks white enough (to me at least) in the platinum setting. David Atlas appraised my stone as a J, so I think it might not be as warm as some other Ks.

Stone data: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/K-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1331634.asp

- My setting is a Precision Set Flush Fit setting. I like it because it is simple and sturdy and really shows off the stone!

- My wedding band (which I will start wearing in a month ) is a Brian Gavin Dream full eternity. I ordered it with a H/I SI1 Signature melee because I was kind of worried that the normal F/G VS would make my center stone look warmer. Those little babies do sparkle!

- I wanted as thin and invisible of a spacer as possible. I decided on a 0.75 mm platinum spacer from junedesigns on Etsy. You can barely see it when I am wearing the set. I'm hoping it will be thick enough to protect my e-ring. So far it seems like it will do the trick.

- All of the vendors that I worked with were wonderful. I wholeheartedly recommend all of them!

- FYI I am a size 5.5

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ire-bgd-dream-eternity-0-75-mm-spacer.176422/

keek.jpg

keek2.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chinolee77 » 06 Jun 2012 00:52

Just got back from getting engaged in Venice and wanted to share pictures and my experience with Victor Canera. Victor was great to work with and was very quick to respond to e-mails and questions. He takes his time and really creates great quality rings. The appraiser that valued my ring said that the melee diamonds used and the workmanship was of a very high standard. More importantly, my fiance loved the ring and I feel that it is truly a great piece of art.

Diamond details - Center diamond is a cushion cut, 2.03 cts, VS2, F, 7.32 x 7.17 x 4.64 mm
Melee Diamond details (per appraiser) - 110 diamonds, VS1-VS2, G/H, 0.62 cts total

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-great-engagement-ring-from-victor.176314/

chino.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rubies-R-Me » 30 May 2012 18:40

Hello!
I had just posted for the first time on the rocky talk board and some kind posters thought I might post a thread on this one as well.
Here is the back story..
This is a picture of my current engagement ring. It's 7 carats and my finger size is a 4. This is my third engagement ring... same sweet and generous husband though! My first was a 1 carat round.. my second was a 3 carat pear and then this is my current one. My dream gift when I turned 40 was to get a really big honker.. and that's just what I got. When I first got it 10 years ago I wore it everyday for about a year. Then slowly I started taking it out only for dinners out and fancy parties.. then soon it was just for fancy parties. It's honestly just a bit too gaudy for everyday... too much for the supermarket! LOL
I absolutely don't regret getting the ring.. I still love to take it out and try it on just for fun and when I do wear it I always get lots of compliments. We have 3 daughters so one day it will go to a very happy girl
It's stats are L color and SI3. It's funny.. in most lights the stone doesn't look yellow at all. It's only at dusk that it takes on a yellowish cast. The inclusion is visible with your naked eye but you really have to look for it. It's in the corner and it's well hidden.
I wear it on my left hand with two bands.. a thin antique ruby band as a spacer and a baguette and round wedding ring.
Thanks for sharing! It's fun to be a lurker AND a poster!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gement-ring-3-seven-carat-emerald-cut.176082/

rubies.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results