shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding set for 10th anniversary: yellow gold halo

kat08

Rough_Rock
I'm excited to finally post pictures of my new wedding set celebrating my 10th anniversary! I really only have you guys to share with. My close friends aren't as girly as I am and don't even wear any diamonds at all :shock: (so I'd feel funny showing off my ring), but I love pretty and sparkly things. :Up_to_something:

I had a hard time choosing between yellow gold and platinum for my new wedding set (both yellow and white metals look beautiful with diamonds!), but I ultimately went with yellow gold again. 10 years ago with my first wedding set, yellow gold was already disappearing from wedding jewelry stores, and now jewelry stores don't even carry yellow gold engagement/wedding rings at all where I live! But I've always loved yellow gold and decided to stay with it. I'm glad, too, there are a few more women starting to keep me company again in the love of yellow gold wedding jewelry (not locally so much, but based on this and other forums, I know they're out there, at least in other cities!).

Right after getting my ring, I posted on the Rocky Talk side worrying that my diamond had a slight haze, but after looking at it longer in different lights/environments, I realized that it was just reflection. The diamond's clear and beautiful, and I'm very happy with it.

Now for the specs:
.82 carats
Color I
SI1 (eye clean)
Excellent Cut by GIA
Table: 57%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Lower Girdle Facets: 75%

And the pictures!
Size 5 finger, 18K yellow gold

wedding-rings-1001.jpg

wedding-rings-1002.jpg

wedding-rings-1003.jpg

wedding-rings-1008.jpg

kat08

Rough_Rock
And a few more:

wedding-rings-1009.jpg

wedding-rings-1004.jpg

wedding-rings-1006.jpg

wedding-rings-1007.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your new set is stunning! I love the milgraining and detailing on your ering :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! :love: :appl: (And many of us have no one in real life to share our jewelry with, so this is the perfect place to do it!)

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting and beautiful diamond!!! Thanks for sharing!
:wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting, and I love that it's in yellow gold! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring. I've got one coming soon from BGD in yellow gold too, so it's nice to see this one. Also I noticed how your wedding band sits below and unobtrusively beside your anniversay band. I hope mine will compliment as well as yours.

kat08

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the comments! After thinking about the ring so long, I'm excited to finally be wearing it. I love the richness and warmth of yg, and the vintage feel of halos. My younger daughter is 5, and I think she's been a little jealous of me looking at the ring (she wants all the attention), lol!

Polished: wedding bands do sit nice and flush with this style ring. That was one of the things I was looking for. On a future anniversary, I'm going to get a narrow eternity ring to wear with my e-ring.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! I love the rich yellow gold. Congrats on the anniversary!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and the yellow gold looks great! I see that you had the halo remade, correct? It looks perfect now :appl:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Happy anniversary!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful and elegant! I love the shape of the halo, and the richness of the yellow gold. Delicious!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just gorgeous, and congrats on your anniversary!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how that looks and it's stunning on your hand!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo pretty! Congrats on your anniversary!!

Who made your ring? I really like the setting and the milgrain!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this, esp with that plain band. SUCH a rich yellow.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring :love: I love everything about it and the yellow gold is totally yummy!!!

kat08

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words! I still can't believe it's been 10 years already.

Stargurl: Yes, I had the halo fixed to get rid of the gaps and be more circular. It goes so much better now with the round diamond.
Loves Vintage: The setting is from Brilliant Earth.
Ame: I like the look of the plain gold band with it, too, but I also love the idea of a delicate eternity band... So we can have multiple wedding bands to wear depending on our mood, right? :naughty:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one yg girl to another, it's stunning!!!!!!! Happy 10 years!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Wow, that is INCREDIBLE :love: happy 10 year anniversary! :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy that you decided to send it back to be remade. It looks fantastic now! Perfect! I love that yellow gold is making a comeback again too! I've always thought that it looked nicer against my skin and it's so much easier to maintain! Congrats, your set is beautiful!

kat08

Rough_Rock
Christina: Yes, I'm glad I sent it back. The halo is much better, and this diamond is beautiful and eye clean. I've been enjoying it! Btw, I can't wait to see pics of whatever setting you choose in rose gold! I'm sure it will be delicious. I love rose gold, too.

ETA: I've also found warm-colored metals look best with my skin tone, even though I'm so pale (I definitely sway to a warm skin tone).

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I love your new set, it's perfect in yellow gold! Congratulations on 10 years!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Perhaps DD could get a costume ring and share in the excitement. :))

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it's really beautiful! congrats on 10years :appl:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love setting and the yellow gold! Beautiful ring!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, your rings are gorgeous! :appl: Beautiful hands also.......

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Love the ring! And the yellow gold looks so lovely with your skin tone. Excellent choice.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful anniversary reset, Kat!!! Its so lovely and delicate on your hand - very elegant! And the warmth of the YG really does suit you very well. I really love the milgrain details on the halo - very nice choice!

Wear it in health and happiness and congrats on the 10 years of marriage!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results