shape
carat
color
clarity

1.72 K RB Solitaire + BGD Dream Eternity + 0.75 mm Spacer

Keeksy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! :wavey:

I have been lurking on Pricescope for the past four and a half years. I finally have my wedding set to share! Thanks to all of you for the information you provide. I wouldn't have been able to choose such a beautiful wedding set without the help of this community! Now it is time to pay it forward and share what I ended up with. Hopefully my set will be inspirational or helpful to other PSers.

My set demonstrates the many things I have learned here:

- I have an ideal 1.72 K SI1 stone in a platinum setting. The stone has strong blue fluorescence, so it looks white enough (to me at least) in the platinum setting. David Atlas appraised my stone as a J, so I think it might not be as warm as some other Ks.

Stone data: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/K-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1331634.asp

- My setting is a Precision Set Flush Fit setting. I like it because it is simple and sturdy and really shows off the stone!

- My wedding band (which I will start wearing in a month :bigsmile: ) is a Brian Gavin Dream full eternity. I ordered it with a H/I SI1 Signature melee because I was kind of worried that the normal F/G VS would make my center stone look warmer. Those little babies do sparkle!

- I wanted as thin and invisible of a spacer as possible. I decided on a 0.75 mm platinum spacer from junedesigns on Etsy. You can barely see it when I am wearing the set. I'm hoping it will be thick enough to protect my e-ring. So far it seems like it will do the trick.

- All of the vendors that I worked with were wonderful. I wholeheartedly recommend all of them!

- FYI I am a size 5.5

Now onto photos!!

1331634id.jpg
Idealscope

IMG_5551.jpg
The Flush Fit Profile

Picture%2013.png.jpg
All of the rings in the BGD box

IMG_5578.jpg
Handshot of the whole set

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

Picture%2014.png.jpg
Handshot of just the Dream Eternity

IMG_5586.jpg
Arrows!

If you have any requests for additional photos or have any questions, feel free to ask!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 1.72 K RB Solitaire + BGD Dream Eternity + 0.75 mm Space

Beautiful and congratulations!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well damn. I love a gal who does her homework. WELL DONE! :love:

ETA, I'm doubly impressed that in your years of researching here, you chose an elegant and STURDY setting. You will be able to wear that set for ages...unless you catch the PS upgrade bug. ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You have a lovely set!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You did a great job! Beautiful rings! :love: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Very nice, and also happy to see one of the silent readers come post what they learned and gained from PS!

BTW your mount is designed so that you may not really need a spacer with your ring. Do the diamonds touch the basket at all without the spacer? If not, then the only damage would be light scratching from the look of the design, which can be polished away easily. Just a suggestion if you wanted to go without your spacer.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Your set is absolutely gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: Beautiful beautiful set!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous set!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It all looks great together! My brother's fiance just got the 1/2 eternity dream band recently and she loves it, too!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Really, that's just beautiful. Sometimes we get carried away with all these fancy settings when simple elegance is all you need for an amazing look. What size melee is in your eternity band?

Keeksy

Rough_Rock

TravelingGal|1339215167|3212341 said:
Well damn. I love a gal who does her homework. WELL DONE! :love:

ETA, I'm doubly impressed that in your years of researching here, you chose an elegant and STURDY setting. You will be able to wear that set for ages...unless you catch the PS upgrade bug. ;))

Thank you! It took me a long time to ultimately choose a classic, sturdy solitaire. I wanted a sapphire, then RB halo, then a pear, then a James Meyer, then a vintage, then a oval with sidestones. Finally, I decided to keep it simple. Once I found my stone (which was a lot bigger than I thought I could ever afford) at a great price, I had to pick it up! I'm so happy that I went the simple route. It will never go out of style and will be prefect to pass down.

Now, let's just hope I don't catch that bug!! :naughty:

Keeksy

Rough_Rock

Dreamer_D|1339216875|3212354 said:
Very nice, and also happy to see one of the silent readers come post what they learned and gained from PS!

BTW your mount is designed so that you may not really need a spacer with your ring. Do the diamonds touch the basket at all without the spacer? If not, then the only damage would be light scratching from the look of the design, which can be polished away easily. Just a suggestion if you wanted to go without your spacer.

First of all, I want to personally thank you for inspiring/designing my band. It is perfect! I love that it is so delicate, yet it is substantial/blingy enough to wear on its own. The low profile is great too!

I read somewhere that this band eats rings, so I was a little paranoid. Sometimes I think that the girdles might kiss up to the prongs during wear, but I really can't say for sure at this point.

IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg
Do you still think it looks OK without the spacer?

IMG_5610.jpg
Either way, I like the spacer because it really shows off the Dream band. Three of the little spraklers are covered without it, and I want to see them ALL! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! I too have found that with the flush fit mounting the bands really fit FLUSH - and that sometimes means you can lose the total effect of the wedding band with it being so close to the ering. The spacer looks nice and protects the ering while showing off the band in all its glory.

Your rings are just spectacular - congrats!

Keeksy

Rough_Rock

Mikla|1339243799|3212410 said:
Really, that's just beautiful. Sometimes we get carried away with all these fancy settings when simple elegance is all you need for an amazing look. What size melee is in your eternity band?
Thank you! The melee is 0.06 ct.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock

Your rings are beautiful, 0.6 melee is the perfect size to compliment your rb. :love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a gorgeous set!!! The proportions are perfect and the overall effect is so classy. There's nothing in the world like a classic solitaire paired with a ring of sparklies!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

beautiful, congrats :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

What a good student you are!!! You did really well with your choices - they look fabulous on your hand! I love the spacer!!! Great job, Keeksy!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

charleston1

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful! The rings are both absolutely gorgeous, they look great on you! Congrats! I have to also say you have very beautiful hands :appl:

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock

I love your set! :love: Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks beautiful. Just a classic and gorgeous set! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium