carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kioko_26 » 30 Oct 2011 12:55
Hi guys!
I am new to this site. I normally don’t bother with forums and posts but I had such a wonderful experience with my ring that I wanted to share my good fortune with others. My wonderful boyfriend proposed to me on a whim. We discussed getting married but never in detail. He always had it on his mind but didn’t really plan for it. In January we went away on vacation together and in the heat of the moment he asked me to marry him!!!! He wasn’t prepared with a ring. He didn’t care. He just knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He said when we come back that I could pick out any ring I wanted and then we will make it official. My head was spinning with joy but now I had to pick out a ring. I did a lot of research but I really prefer working through referrals. I am super picky and like only the best of the best. I ran in my mind every girlfriend I know who is married or engaged and remembered my fiancé’s friend’s ring which I LOVED. I contacted her and she referred me to Steve Kirsch Timeless Luxury. I came into his office and told him what I wanted. I also clipped a few pictures of rings that I liked. He listened to me and understood my taste. I could tell he wasn’t just feeding me what I wanted to hear. He showed me a few samples and we both came up with a classy design that fits exactly my taste and style. I could not be HAPPIER with the results. I am in awe of the beauty of this ring and the way it is hand-crafted. I didn’t expect to be so emotional after seeing the ring because I consider myself a very particular person. It’s really difficult for anyone to exceed my expectations, but Steven Kirsch has managed to do just that.

The proportions of the ring are perfect, and the setting is exquisite. It highlights my center stone perfectly. I feel as though I have purchased a real heirloom piece of jewelry made for royalty, and I am proud to show my new ring to all my family and friends.

I researched a few other jewelers and listened to advices on PS before deciding to have Steven custom design my ring, and I’m now confident I made the right decision. Not only is my ring 100% hand-forged, but Steven also takes special care and pride in his work. I feel as though he just wants me to be happy as a customer and enjoy wearing my ring for a lifetime. I am so relieved to have found a jeweler I can trust. Steven was easy to work with, very professional, and provided me with a detailed description of the project. He kept me informed at every stage of the process, and I would recommend that anyone looking to have a unique piece of jewelry created use Steven Kirsch to design your next piece. His work is so immaculate and professional.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-halo-ring-by-steven-kirsch.167596/
I am going to reveal it to my friends and family at a special dinner we are having at my house. I just can not wait to see the look on everyone’s face. THANKS TO STEVE. He really is the best!!!!

Attachments

• kiko.bmp
    541.9 KB · Views: 2,375

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 » 29 Oct 2011 23:00
I found this sweet ring from the 20's/30's that has a half carat G VS OEC (that's what they said but I think it might be transitional) in the center. It is 18k wg and had details that reminded me of VC, so I took the chance and ordered it! It has a mark inside but it is not VC. Still it is so pretty and I am planning on keeping it! The seller is Diamond Zone Jewelry and I found the ring originally on ebay but later used their website instead. The ring seems to be as represented, so I would feel good about ordering from them again. They had some other nice antique rings. They also have very low priced antique style settings for those who want to set colored stones inexpensively.

I am going to post the vendor pics first because they are sooo much better than mine. I can't capture the facets of the diamond at all! It is a beautiful little stone, though, with a tiny open culet!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-little-antique-treasure.167583/

Attachments

• ds2006.bmp
    296 KB · Views: 2,376

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sjrock » 02 Nov 2011 17:24
So, like so many other people on this forum, I found Pricescope randomly through a Google search. I've been a lurker for a while now ! My boyfriend and I had discussed getting married a few times and once he got a promotion at work, he was ready to start looking at rings. He's such a nice guy that I could see him getting sucked in by a store salesperson and being sold anything! So, I researched on Pricescope and changed my mind a *few* times about what I really wanted. We also looked at stores around us, but the selection was limited and the prices were (I felt) high. I figured for his money it'd be best to get the biggest bang for his buck! When we looked around, I realized I wasn't really all that color sensitive, and figured that we (he! ) could take advantage of that and buy a bigger stone with a lower color, since I am tall and wear a size 8ish ring.

I read some posts on here about Brian Gavin's Blue selection and ended up stalking a 1.23ct L color almost obsessively! (It went on and off their site a few times, much to my dismay!). I blabbered about how since it was so well cut it would sparkle so well (his eyes glazed over during many a dissertation of mine!), but didn't really have anything to compare it to except some Hearts on Fire stones we drove a couple of hours to go see (talk about expensive...!).

Long story short, he bought the stone, chose the setting, and a couple of months later, proposed where we met (a laundromat, of all places!) and I am thrilled! Even the melee stones sparkle fabulously and I can't stop staring at the ring! I love the milgrain detail on the setting, since it gives it a bit of an antique-y vibe and (I think) a touch more sparkle! I do notice the color in some instances, and definitely from the side, and find that it's exacerbated in and around yellow or less white situations (like in my kitchen that has yellow walls). And the strong blue fluorescence is perhaps one of the neatest things I've seen!

Attachments

• sjrock.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,036

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
smc7277 » 27 Oct 2011 18:31
My ring is a .93 H diamond. ring size 7.25. I forget the tw of the setting,. It has a matching band. The stone was set in a man's ring that belonged to my late grandfather. My late grandmother purchased it for him in the 70's. I also have her wedding band that HE bought her in the 70's so my set will be comprised of both of their pieces.

there is a before and after shot, before was taken with a camera phone in my yellow bathroom so the color appearance is not accurate at all.

Attachments

• smcbefore.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 2,024
  • smcafter.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 2,019

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yellowcuddles » 28 Oct 2011 04:49
Here's my ring! It's a simple solitaire and I am not sure of the specs (I think it's below .25 carats), but I super love it!

yellowcuddles.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
katomm » 03 Nov 2011 19:11
First off thank you to everyone that helped my husband a few months ago. Moonshine99 was searching for a place to get an oval for my upgrade. After a lot of research and some design, I now have my perfect oval. If anyone is familiar with the movie The Time Traveler's Wife, the inspiration came from the movie as she was wearing an east/west oval.

Mine is also east/west set in platinum with a tapered or pinched center that I adore!! I apologize for the not so good pic but it's been cloudy and it's dark now

1.03 c
Color D
VVS2

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-new-oval-precious-from-gog-t167770.html

Attachments

• kat.bmp
    441.1 KB · Views: 1,989

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mitchatwrk » 03 Nov 2011 21:55
With 30 days to go before I am officially married I wanted to thank Whiteflash for such an amazing job on both my engagement ring and wedding band. I can't say enough how their team made me feel confident in their work and peace of mind that the result would be more than I expected. A special thank you to Traci for walking me through every stage of the custom pieces. I know I am not the easiest to do business with because I expect perfection and I feel that is exactly what I got. Thanks again, here are the finished rings. Thanks again Whiteflash!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/long-overdue-thank-you.167775/

Attachments

• mit1.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 1,980
  • mit2.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 1,981

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Level390 » 04 Nov 2011 10:05
So after months of reading, researching, negotiating, phone calling and even a trip abroad, I finally made a decision as to which diamond to buy.

The stone I chose is a 1.10ct, J colour VVS2 set in a classic, plain 18k white gold size 6 ring.

I wasn't too sure about the diamond being a J colour, but after I'd seen it I just loved the way it looked. What sets it off is probably the fact that it's very well cut.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1320426201|3053964 said:
Level390 » 04 Nov 2011 10:05
So after months of reading, researching, negotiating, phone calling and even a trip abroad, I finally made a decision as to which diamond to buy.

The stone I chose is a 1.10ct, J colour VVS2 set in a classic, plain 18k white gold size 6 ring.

I wasn't too sure about the diamond being a J colour, but after I'd seen it I just loved the way it looked. What sets it off is probably the fact that it's very well cut.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-soon-to-be-fiancees-engagement-ring.167784/

level.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
happybear » 05 Nov 2011 05:13
A month ago I posted in PS requesting help in designing a pendant using some OECs from a ring bought off eBay (which I now call C-3PO ). The topic can be found here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-my-oec-pendant-setting.166803/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-my-oec-pendant-setting.166803/[/URL]

Gypsy suggested putting the smallest diamond in the middle instead of the usual small-medium-big combo and that was the design I opted in the end. I went to collect from my jeweler yesterday and I love it!

Here are some pictures to share. It is so difficult to take a sharp picture showing it's beauty though, so please forgive the slight blurness.

Attachments

• happybear.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 1,856

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MorganleFay:
It is the Tree of Life--Beverly K
18 K White Gold
.40 ctw G/H diamonds SI (But my jeweler friend looked under a scope and said they were more like VS as they have not visible inclusions)
8.5 mm wide.

I am wearing if with my custom made replic of a Bevery K pink sapphire and diamond band.
The ring is just amazing, sparkly and elegant.
Enjoy the pictures although they are not great done on the pad.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-own-beverly-k-tree-of-life-wedding-band.167822/

Attachments

• morganlefay.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 1,858

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ara Ann » 05 Nov 2011 12:12
Hi there,

This is my early 25th anniversary upgrade (April anniversary!). I started my search early and found this vintage setting and fell in love.

The marq. is a 1.48, SI2 (eye clean), I color, med. blue flor. The baguettes are .20 each. The setting is platinum and circa late 40's-50's.

She is eye clean, but her 'flaws' pop out in macro setting pics, which make it harder to photograph, but in person it sparkles like crazy and is a beautiful diamond.

I know marquise diamonds are not 'in favor' at the moment, but as I was married with a marquise shape diamond and had been through several different shapes over the years, I felt nostalgic for my original e-ring when I saw this one and had to have it! Of course this one is a lot bigger than my original.

I don't have my wedding band yet, but I am playing with some different style bands until I find what I really want.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-e-ring-upgrade-1-5-marq-w-tapered-baguettes.167841/

Attachments

• ara.bmp
    673.2 KB · Views: 1,769

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hazey » 06 Nov 2011 20:55
We're engaged! This is our semi-custom diamond ring. I posted the stone itself a couple months ago, but here again are the specs:
2.01 ct
H
SI1
7.47-6.67-4.66mm (about 1.12 L/W ratio, slightly rectangular)
Depth 69.9%
Table Width 69%
Crown 9%
Pavilion Depth 57%
Girdle - slightly thick, polished
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Flourescence: None

I knew I wanted something "different" when we began our ring shopping adventure. I definately wanted some color. After seeing a Radiant cut stone in a store, there was no going back. The sparkles of the stone just make all other diamonds pale in comparison. We had 2.5 mm stones set in the band, 2 sapphires and 2 more diamonds.

I'm a little leary of the setting, we had some trouble finding a head for the stone, it is very deep in comparison to other stones and I'm not entirely thrilled with the head and how it relates to the rest of the stone. The head itself is platinum, the rest of the band is palladium, which has worn well for the few weeks I've had it.

The proposal! In Paris, by the river Seine in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. He did a great job!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-cut-set-in-palladium-with-sapphires.167897/

Attachments

• hazey.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 1,638

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling » 06 Nov 2011 19:23
I'm so elated! I just wanted to share. She is the new addition to my jewelry family. I have recently seriously downsized my collection. In doing so, I discovered what is important to me in an Ering. I love 18k yg, warm diamonds, and Ovals. Even though fancys are not ideal cuts I searched for an oval that was as close to it as I could get. I recently acquired and returned a marquise, though large and beautiful just wasn't me. My oval is perfect for me and I absolutely love it!:appl:

.90ct GIA L SI1
7.71 x 5.34 x 3.22
depth 60.3%
table 56%
p/s- VG/VG
l/w ratio: 1.44
flur-faint

Thanks for looking and sharing this with me.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-warm-and-sparkly-little-oval.167894/

Attachments

• zestfullyoval.bmp
    862.6 KB · Views: 3,220

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T » 06 Nov 2011 20:42
My Friend just received her new upgrade from James Allen and thought I’d share this with you. James Allen did an amazing job in turn around, communication and they were just a pleasure doing business with. She is absolutely thrilled with all aspect of the ring and James Allen’s service! She says the prong is perfect in every way, delicate and everything about the ring process was smooth sailing! I think it looks absolutely perfect on her! Great proportions and of course love the yellow gold!

Stats:
1.41 I color VS2 hearts & arrows, AGS000 ring size 7
The setting here but requested 6 prongs instead: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/solitaire-diamond-rings.html
But we both thought the site looked a bit chunkier than it is IRL. In any case, she is thrilled to pieces and highly recommends James Allen!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...mes-allen-on-my-friend’s-perfect-ring.167896/

Attachments

• dtfriend.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,217

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lkt08 » 06 Nov 2011 22:40
I've been browsing Price Scope for a view months now and I am so excited to finally be able to post a picture of my very own ring!!! My now FIANCE proposed to me in Sedona AZ over the weekend, and I am so excited to share my ring with everyone! Diamond is a Whiteflash Diamond, 1.728 I VS2. Setting is a Vatche setting called The Caroline!!!

Here are the photos from Whiteflash...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...roline-w-whiteflash-1-728-aca-diamond.167900/

Attachments

• lkt.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 3,236

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubybeth » 07 Nov 2011 13:39
In an attempt to find a ring for my sister's Christmas gift, I've been naughty. I bought this 1mm band from someone who originally bought 2 to wear on either side of her e-ring, but decided one was enough. My sister didn't like it as much as I'd hoped, but it's nearly a perfect match for my spinel RHR! I'm wearing the two today as an alternative to my regular set, and aside from them being too big for my finger, I really like it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhr-ring-has-a-new-band-buddy.167919/

Attachments

• rubybeth.bmp
    673.2 KB · Views: 3,264

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
star sparkle » 03 Nov 2011 19:50
A lovely PSer was unable to wear this beauty as much as she'd like, so enter me to create a win-win situation for both of us!! I'd been lusting after a rolling ring for quite some time, and coincidentally this opportunistic deal presented itself and here we are! I've been wearing it since Monday and I must say that I'm completely in love with it. It's a smidge too big for my ring fingers, so I've been wearing it on my middle fingers of either hand and it's just perfect.

I haven't had the chance to get it polished yet, and as the days go by I'm thinking I may not even bother. It looks lovely as is!

It's a tri-color Cartier trinity ring, French size 50 (IIRC), and the bands are each approx 3mm wide.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-new-to-me-cartier-rolling-ring.167771/

Attachments

• starss.bmp
    453.8 KB · Views: 3,243

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedub » 07 Nov 2011 21:28
Hi everyone!

Just thought I would share a couple of pictures...
This is my original diamond that my husband presented me with 2 years ago (.63 ct, SI 2, princess cut) since then I have upgraded to a better quality diamond but this one is always special! This is a mounting I had it put into about a year and a half ago from Stuller. I love it! It's very substantial on my finger.

thanks for looking!

(photos were taken by my jeweler, I def cannot take credit for those! i love them

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-original-diamond-in-a-stuller-mounting.167940/

Attachments

• katieorig.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,218

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tree » 08 Nov 2011 05:05
Thanks to the members of this forum, I found a great stone, a great craftsman, and ended up with a beautiful e-ring!
I was interested in a Canera setting for several reasons -- hand forged, no cast pieces, and his reputation for outstanding quality and customer service. I contacted Victor through email, and promptly received a response with a quote and an estimated timeline for completing the project. After several more emails followed by near-instant replies, I shipped the diamond and a deposit. Victor completed the project one week early, and under budget!! I visited his office today and picked up the ring. I didn't have my girlfriend's input on any part of the process as I wanted to keep it traditional and surprise her. Hopefully she likes it...

Old mine brilliant
G
VS2
1.9mm shank
Single cut melee

Here's a vid, which does not do the ring justice at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2GCxHBY_8
Thanks again

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-emilya.167956/

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T » 09 Nov 2011 14:35
I was stumped for four months on what I wanted for my 7th anniversary, had two projects in mind but didn't work out, then this idea came along...and was just perfect for the occasion!

seven stone asscher band in ring size 4, however feels more like a 4.5 since it also fits my right hand finger due to the "u" shaped (highly suggest going 1/4 size smaller with this style on a half eternity)

H VS2 15 points each approx 1.05 ctw and the band top measures about 3mm in width. Initially bought to wear as stand alone, but I quite like it with the e-ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...brate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/

Attachments

• DTband.bmp
    832 KB · Views: 3,010

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
maxmin » 05 Nov 2011 11:08
Here is my new e-ring from BGD. 0.917 ct h/vs2 diamond in 6 prong tapered half round tiffany setting. the new iphone 4s takes close up pictures surprisingly well, couldn't do the same with my dslr camera since i don't have a macro lens.

Attachments

• maxmin.bmp
    748.2 KB · Views: 2,944

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spesh2011 » 11 Nov 2011 17:43
I am IN LOVE! I don't know what I was so worried about!

He proposed today and the ring is prettier than I could have ever imagined!!

This is just a quickie iPhone handshot - still need to find my real camera. To my untrained eye, I truly cannot spot any inclusions. When Lynda said they were white and hidden within the facets, she wasn't kidding. All I see is whiteness and sparkle, sparkle, sparkle! I think the dark spots in the photo are a reflection of my sweater. This baby is pure white!

It's a 1.21 (7.78 x 5.75) D SI3(!) from GOG.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-oval-ritani-bella-vita-3-stone.168116/#post-3060241

Attachments

• spesh101.bmp
    358.2 KB · Views: 2,787

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
thebunnybears » 10 Nov 2011 20:23
We have officially gotten engaged! He took me to Disney World for our 4 year anniversary, led me on the Wishes Cruise and proposed right before the fireworks. I guess it was an Engagement Trip afterall.

I love my ring, and we initially shopped for it together. I told him I wanted an asscher and I wanted it to be on a delicate band. He delivered!

We bought the stone separately from Jonathan at GOG. He did an amazing job showing us through video all the differences you can't see through a GIA report. Although we could've bought the stone 1-2thousand cheaper elsewhere (we found the same GIA for the ring listed several times on different websites), we could never pull the plug without seeing it first, and we were very appreciative of all the work Jonathan and his team did, we ended up buying from them.

My fiance took the stone to Steven Kirsch for setting. He did a great job, and the final product looks amazing, just see for yourself below!

Ring specs: H,VS1, 2.54 carats, Asscher cut, EX/polish/symmetry, no fluorescence on an eternity 3 row micropave.
My ring size is a 4.75

I can't do my ring justice in photographs. But I did my best.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-engagement-ring-by-gog-steven-kirsch.168083/

Attachments

• hbear.bmp
    260.7 KB · Views: 2,785

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mili-Lani » 12 Nov 2011 05:34 OMG I just typed in the diamond specs and but my window closed….argh. Now I realized I can find the GIA reports online doh!

Ok here we go again. Quick summary – 2.42ctw diamond studs in a white gold four prong martini settings. Setting and one stone from GOG and the other stone from BGD.

Jonathan is great to work with. This is my second transaction with Jonathan. A few years ago we bought an eightstar and he is still the same if not better - attention to detail, passionate about diamonds, willing to bend over backwards for the customer. I remember one of my calls with him and it was just to inquire about the diamond. He didn't rush me, answered all my questions and more, told me to hold while he looked at the stone under the microscope, etc. This is why I wouldn't hesitate working with him in the future and the reason why two of my friends got their erings from him.

I also loved working with Denise. She is very personable. I contacted her after I found the stone from GOG and she kept an eye out for me. I contacted several other vendors but the stones they came back to me didn't have the specs and/or the right price. When you talk to Denise it's like you're best friends. She remembers every little detail about what you talked about before. She also works long hours, I remember getting an email from her into the wee hours of the morning. If I was in TX, we would be BFFs and talk about diamonds all day long.

Stone 1: GOG http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8516/
1.18ct JI1 6.79 - 6.81 x 4.19mm
AGS Cut Grade:Ideal
AGS Light Performance:Ideal
Optical Symmetry:Superior
Polish:Ideal
Symmetry:Ideal
Fluorescence:None
Lab Report:AGSLab Report #:104052929004
Width Percentage:56.34%
Depth Percentage:61.82%
Crown ∠:34.53°Crown
Depth:15.04%
Pavilion ∠:40.82°
Pavilion Depth:43.11%

Stone 2: BGD sorry I don't have the link =( - Denise if you could send it to me I will update this post!
GIA1132020161 1.23 K SI1
Measurements: 6.86 - 6.89 x 4.24 mm
Carat Weight: 1.23 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I recently had a baby and decided it’s about time to get some new bling. I originally wanted this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8472 but it got snatched up. Then I saw some stones on BGD they were perfect. But two bad things happened - The first, I didn't act fast enough and someone bought one of the stones and then in the same day, diamond prices jumped. I could have purchased one stone but I really wanted to buy a pair. Some time has passed and I just couldn't find matching pairs so I found the stone on GOG but again I waited too long and it was snatched up. So when I saw stone 1 listed above I acted fast.

So onto the pics. Shoot. I was attaching pics but didn't realize that 4 was the max.

Anyways, I have some 1.2ctw 3 prong martinis but am so in love with these. I like the added security of the 4 prongs. I like how they can sit close to my ear. I like how the basket setting looks when I see the setting but when I wear basket settings it just doesn't look right in my ears. Sarah at GOG recommended these and I never seen them before. I did a PS search and one person had these. I don't know how I missed that thread. I'm usually a lurker but with a baby, my internet browsing has diminished.

I'll try to upload more pics.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-in-4-prong-martinis-from-gog-and-bgd.168139/

Attachments

• mili.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,778
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results