shape
carat
color
clarity

Swap-A-Roo = Not for You?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you slg47!!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I sorta feel like buying something from Jbeg right now

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone!

In the spirit of bringing our portion of this thread full circle, I wanted to update everyone with the events that transpired over the past 24 hours.

Within hours of picking up the diamond from Victor yesterday, we received both emails and phone calls from MF. She had a change of heart and she wanted the stone back. Again, insisting on sight unseen, final sale. This happened late yesterday.

While MF ultimately wanted the stone back, we had already promised the stone to another buyer, who did end up pulling the trigger, so it has been sold to someone else.

I just wanted to update the thread for the sake of closure, and to remind everyone that there are always 2 sides to every transaction, and different personalities and communication styles at play. Things are rarely simple. It seems the entire JbEG portion of this thread was pointless. In the end, MF wanted to keep the stone after all.

As always, we wish MF luck in her search for a new diamond, and we are so thrilled to be sending the stone off to its new home!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ericad|1323546561|3078606 said:
we are so thrilled to be sending the stone off to its new home!

Congratulations to the new owner of the diamond! I'm sure it will be cherished and loved and this is what it's all about! ;))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ericad|1323546561|3078606 said:
Hi everyone!

In the spirit of bringing our portion of this thread full circle, I wanted to update everyone with the events that transpired over the past 24 hours.

Within hours of picking up the diamond from Victor yesterday, we received both emails and phone calls from MF. She had a change of heart, regretted her decision to request a refund, and she wanted the stone back. Again, insisting on sight unseen, final sale. This happened late yesterday.

Unfortunately for MF, we had already promised the stone to another buyer, who did end up pulling the trigger, so it has been sold to someone else. To be honest, Grace and I were gobsmacked and unsure what the heck we should do. We were absolutely stunned that, after all of her posts on this thread, claiming we refused her a refund, that she's "stuck with" a stone she doesn't want, having Victor unmount the stone and us arranging for a courier pick up, SHE WANTED THE STONE BACK.

I just wanted to update the thread for the sake of closure, and to remind everyone that there are always 2 sides to every transaction, and different personalities at play. Things are rarely simple. It seems the entire JbEG portion of this thread was pointless. In the end, MF wanted to keep the stone after all.

As always, we wish MF luck in her search for a new diamond, and we are so thrilled to be sending the stone off to its new home!

I don't think the "entire jbeg" side of the story was pointless. But yeah, two sides of every story and personally, you presenting your side in the way you did it really just makes me think twice about doing business with you as a vendor. Too bad, as you do sell pretty things.

People on this thread advised her to take a look at the stone first, as well as tried to persuade her to keep it. Doesn't surprise me that she changed her mind. Yeah, possibly an eyebrow raiser, but it doesn't surprise me.

How nice for you though, to claim this victory and come back and gloat though.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My.

Erica, I understand your posting this, and the whole thread certainly does underscore your point of not jumping to conclusions, and that there are two sides to every story.

Still I think this last post could have gone... unposted. As things were, your businesses reputation was intact. As the professionals in this interaction, I believe you have more of the responsibility to "be the adults" in this public forum, which in my opinion means not adding this postscript.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1323547135|3078624 said:
Oh. My.

Erica, I understand your posting this, and the whole thread certainly does underscore your point of not jumping to conclusions, and that there are two sides to every story.

Still I think this last post could have gone... unposted. As things were, your businesses reputation was intact. As the professionals in this interaction, I believe you have more of the responsibility to "be the adults" in this public forum, which in my opinion means not adding this postscript.

Totally. It was, to me, a complete "neener neener" post. Nice. :rolleyes:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry you see it that way, Tgal. It wasn't my intention to gloat. I just wanted to bring closure to the matter, for everyone who has been following the thread. I do think it's relevant that, after everything, she ultimately wanted to undo the refund.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ericad|1323547219|3078627 said:
Sorry you see it that way, Tgal. It wasn't my intention to gloat. I just wanted to bring closure to the matter, for everyone who has been following the thread. I do think it's relevant that, after everything, she ultimately wanted to undo the refund.

Then be a professional and let her post it if she desires.

Relevant? You just want to be right, and have the last word. IMHO.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seemed like incredibly tasteless gloating to me as well. I also wonder about the legality of who owns the stone if she hadn't actually received the refund yet? Last you posted you were "tying up some paperwork" and THEN going to give her her refund? But had time to resell the stone already. Hmmmmmmmm.

Congrats for tarnishing all good will & brownie points gained so EFFICIENTLY!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1323547325|3078628 said:

I am not saying that the post is necessary, but I can certainly understand why they might want to post the end result. Since this whole transaction was made so public in the first place due to the customer bring up the issue, I feel that they have right to post what happened. If we are going to say that their post was irrelevant, then on the same note the posts by the customer all throughout this thread were also irrelevent. The whole thing should have been handled privately, but it was made public by the customer.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Relevant how? By showing that you were dealing with a fickle customer who didn't do her homework? (and I'm choosing my words very carefully here, because that's much kinder than the picture your post painted.)

Erica, I drool over your offerings almost every day, and I'm getting ready (psychologically) to treat myself to something very nice. I saw dealing with your company as safer than dealing with an unknown ebay seller, or with a db seller where we're writing the rules as we go. This post truly has me reconsidering that... because I really don't consider your "close the circle" posting to be at all professional.

After all, I might just be fickle too, making a large-for-me purchase like that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1323547684|3078636 said:

I am not saying that the post is necessary, but I can certainly understand why they might want to post the end result. Since this whole transaction was made so public in the first place due to the customer bring up the issue, I feel that they have right to post what happened. If we are going to say that their post was irrelevant, then on the same note the posts by the customer all throughout this thread were also irrelevent. The whole thing should have been handled privately, but it was made public by the customer.

No one is saying that both shouldn't post their sides. That's what PS is all about. But PS is also a place for consumers to voice their opinions. The MANNER in which she posted this last bit, is in my OPINION, incredibly tacky. I'm sure they will have their supporters, and good for them. Doesn't matter to me. It just cemented whether *I* would ever do business with them. No big deal, I'm only one person.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1323547886|3078643 said:

No one is saying that both shouldn't post their sides. That's what PS is all about. But PS is also a place for consumers to voice their opinions. The MANNER in which she posted this last bit, is in my OPINION, incredibly tacky. I'm sure they will have their supporters, and good for them. Doesn't matter to me. It just cemented whether *I* would ever do business with them. No big deal, I'm only one person.

Fair enough, we are each entitled to our own opinions.

I think this whole situation has struck strong emotions from both sides of the transaction, resulting in much of what has been said in this thread.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1323547768|3078640 said:

Relevant how? By showing that you were dealing with a fickle customer who didn't do her homework? (and I'm choosing my words very carefully here, because that's much kinder than the picture your post painted.)

Erica, I drool over your offerings almost every day, and I'm getting ready (psychologically) to treat myself to something very nice. I saw dealing with your company as safer than dealing with an unknown ebay seller, or with a db seller where we're writing the rules as we go. This post truly has me reconsidering that... because I really don't consider your "close the circle" posting to be at all professional.

After all, I might just be fickle too, making a large-for-me purchase like that.

Now THAT'S full circle! You FICKLE PICKLE, you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheeky:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My apologies everyone. It seemed to make sense at the time, to close the circle and post the final resolution. I don't want to spoil this for the new owner of the stone or make MF feel badly. Bad judgment call on my part. I didn't mean to come across as gloating or unprofessional. I just wanted to share what was happening, given the nature of the thread and all of the granular details that had been shared to date.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1323548052|3078646 said:
TravelingGal|1323547886|3078643 said:

Fair enough, we are each entitled to our own opinions.

I think this whole situation has struck strong emotions from both sides of the transaction, resulting in much of what has been said in this thread.

And it's understandable to some degree. People have emotions, after all. But I think that vendors should watch it just a little bit extra, if they care about their reputations around here. I don't want to work with an emotional vendor, if I can help it. For others, it would be a fine match. I've worked with Bob from WF for years now. I've heard grumblings in the past around here that he doesn't have the most warm and fuzzy bedside manner, which is PERFECT for me. I ask him about something, he responds, then usually follows up again, and I pull the trigger or not. If I don't, he's like "OK, thanks!" And then we move on...and to his credit the next time I email him (after a few projects I DIDN'T use them for), he just responds the way he normally does. No biggie, just business.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm with armywife here-I don't see JbEG's post as gloating. It seems relevant to me given the unusual circumstances that spurred this entire mess.

And honestly, if I were JbEG, I would be very leery of working with MF again. JbEG thought the transaction was complete and all parties were happy until several months later, when they were publicly called out on PS as misrepresenting a stone's color.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes, you know it wouldn't be an issue if MF hadn't had continued to post her upsets against JbEG and gain more and more support from everyone only to change her mind in the end and ask for the stone back. Really, she spent numerous posts ranting about the company and started a scenerio where many began questioning the policies of the vendor which verged on defamation. If JbEG hadn't told us the outcome, would MF had come forward to tell everyone that she wanted the stone back? No, I doubt it. In the end, she probably would have left and not posted again.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1323549137|3078654 said:
I'm with armywife here-I don't see JbEG's post as gloating. It seems relevant to me given the unusual circumstances that spurred this entire mess.

And honestly, if I were JbEG, I would be very leery of working with MF again. JbEG thought the transaction was complete and all parties were happy until several months later, when they were publicly called out on PS as misrepresenting a stone's color.

Ditto.

Makes me wonder if after MF got the refund* and went shopping for a new stone, sticker shock set in and she realized what a bargain the JbEG stone was.

ETA: *A better way of phrasing it might be "bullied a refund out of JbEG."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shouldn't Erica and Grace be more emotionally attached to their stock than someone such as WF, GOG and BGD though?

Ideal cut RBs are everywhere -I can go to any of the jewelry stores here in town and pick up one. A few months ago I went looking for an old cut in town, I found ONE. OECs, OMCs, etc are not nearly as plentiful as those RBs. And every one is different. So, it makes sense to me to be more emotionally attached.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will not apologize for the way we do business. Good, bad, or worse, this is what sets us apart. When people contact us - they feel free to share tidbits of their lives and the reason why a certain piece is being considered - they could be getting engaged, need a push present, a graduation present, a "just because" present. 99% of the time, its information that is shared by them freely because its important to them to let us know. We never root around for the cause of a purchase unless we feel its necessary (does the intended wear earrings, necklaces, would she like the metal type, etc.).

I personally love getting emails from clients who, 2 years later, come back to report the birth of a child, a new house, an upcoming anniversary, etc. I LOVE getting engagement photos, videos, and all sorts of stuff people might think hokey. Its always been my favorite part of the job. I have made dozens and dozens of friends around the globe, and its been invaluable.

Now I realize that some people really do not care for such personal level of service - we respect that. But do know that our interactions are actually largely driven by our clients - we are as involved only to the extent they need. When you correspond with clients, talk to clients, and plan alongside clients, at some point - a personal connection is established. I LOVE THAT.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lula|1323549620|3078661 said:

Ditto.

Makes me wonder if after MF got the refund and went shopping for a new stone, sticker shock set in and she realized what a bargain the JbEG stone was.

I think what happened is MF got caught up in the drama and rashly returned the stone w/out thinking of the consequences.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
a little dissenting voice here on the full circle post: I didn't read it as gloating at all. And since this will be in the internet ether... it is an important postscript.

I can only imagine/surmise what kind of strange panic MF must have been in - to go through all of this, from layaway to GIA report to setting to unsetting to refund... all of it just to feel compelled to want to buy it back. What a painful experience. Because personally, if I had been through all of this, I wouldn't have had the gumption to ask to buy it back after all this history. And I think that if I was either owner at Jbeg, I would've had a hard time picking my jaw off the floor if, when after all this, a request was made for the stone to be bought back by the returnee.

MF, let me wish you all the best in finding your dream stone. I want you to be happy. Let things settle a bit. Don't feel compelled into anything. Don't feel rushed. Take as much time as you need to clear your head and heart. Sometimes big purchases can trigger a lot of conflicting emotions. Happens to the best of us.

Let me relate this story that I think is apt: Once I almost got married to this beautiful English guy. And a month before the wedding, I called it off. And people were telling me that I was never gonna find such a great guy and I started thinking maybe I had been wrong, and that if it didn't work out, I could deal with it later. And I almost got back together with him and went through with it.THANK GOODNESS we didn't get married. 6 months later I met my husband of now 13 years. And all of our lives are better. What I mean to relate is sometimes what you want is really around the corner, when you let go of what came before.

To JBeg, I really feel you handled yourselves and your business very very well. I'm a small business owner, too, and I think people may sometimes forget that A. we are people and B. it's not like there is a handbook out there for every situation. And though for me, the customer is always right 99% of the time, sometimes the transaction does not fit that paradigm.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto.

Makes me wonder if after MF got the refund* and went shopping for a new stone, sticker shock set in and she realized what a bargain the JbEG stone was.

Yes, ABSOLUTELY! Agree 100%.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto.

This was actually my first guess too.

Look, I totally get that Erica would WANT to come back and post that conclusion, asap. But the manner of which it was done was ridiculous. To say the entire jbeg portion of this thread was pointless? There were many good discussions here about color, GIA, Old cuts, and what might be expected of a vendor when the grading doesn't come back as how the stone was sold.

To state that "within hours" they got emails and phone calls, was info given to make a point about MF being a fickle pickle. That's gloating. To say, we sold the stone, and good luck MF finding something else, but we're "THRILLED" to send it to a new buyer, is gloating. Am I saying that they shouldn't FEEL like gloating? Nope. I'm saying that as a vendor, even though the customer *really* isn't always right (I'm in sales, so of course I know this. :cheeky: ) that as a vendor, you certainly can behave better than the customer. And sorry, but when they posted email communications here, that's always been a no no for me.

But like I said, it's THEIR business, they will have customers that are HAPPY with the way they do business. And isn't life grand that one size doesn't fit all?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
MC|1323549954|3078667 said:

Ditto.

Yes, ABSOLUTELY! Agree 100%.

I agree.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
missydebby|1323545839|3078593 said:

Hmm...are you perhaps the proud new owner of a large OEC?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Lula|1323550586|3078673 said:
missydebby|1323545839|3078593 said:

Hmm...are you perhaps the proud new owner of a large OEC?
If so, you are a lucky lady, that diamond is GORGEOUS! yummy....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I soooooo freeking wish. If I had the dough I would've been on the phone with Jbeg in a heartbeat. For me, and this is just me, but I like my diamonds either very very white D E F, or waaaaay low. In fact, one of the prettiest oec's I ever saw was an R and one of these days I aim to get me a nice creamy (but not yellow) oec honker.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results