shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel, diamonds, blue pearl, upgrades, remakes....three lovely projects now finished!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DIAGNOSTIC MAMMOGRAM AND ULTRASOUND WERE NORMAL.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

YAAAAAAAY!!!!!! I think maybe diamonds are lucky! At least, I’m going to go with that theory to be on the safe side <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @ItsMainelyYou! Anybody who uses the word 'dame' is my kinda person! I LOVE spinel, too, and would love a huge collection! I won't get it, of course, but I just love its colors! And I wish you as many happy years as me. :))

Thank you, @springerspaniel - the news was good in the end, and I am much relieved. And I would LOVE another 36 years with my boy! <3

Hi @foxinsox :wavey: I showed the ultrasound tech my 3 stone today and told her that today was my anniversary. I told her the ring was new and that it was keeping me company since my husband had a meeting today and was unable to come with me. She looked at me, looked at the ring, then looked at me again and said "You know you need to have a mammogram every year?" I think she thought the jewelry was going to be an annual event!! :mrgreen: No arguments from me!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyy!!! I'm so so happy for you @mrs-b, you must be so relieved!!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @Rfisher . :)) You set a pretty high standard, but I'm doing my best to keep up!

Thank you, @Asscherhalo_lover - I love that photo! It's been a pretty fair reflection of our relationship ever since!

Hi @Taylorbug! I don't have a lot of photos to hand, but there's plenty on PS. In the meantime, I mocked up a photo comparing the profiles of the two rings. There's not a stack of difference, but you can see that the spread is far smaller in the ring on the right (the previous iteration), andthe setting sort of pushes up to the center stone. In the left hand ring (the current one) the stones are more about spreading left to right and wrapping around the curve of the band. I hope this helps!

Three stone comparison - profile.jpeg

New version definitely better proportions! G :kiss2: RGEOUS!!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @maryjane04. :)) It's 3.05ct. All up, when the stones are weighed together, it's 4.98ctw. or, if you include the tiny surprise diamond in the back, it's 5.01ctw. So, by my book, it's a good sized ring.

Awww - thank you, @EllenS1! I absolutely love my new pieces! I have a pair of studs, a pair of opal and diamond drop earrings, and 2 charm bracelets coming, too. After that, I have one last diamond to set and then I'm calling it a day.

What a lovely comment, @springerspaniel! And thank you for the kind wishes; jewelry is one thing, but good health is everything.

Mrs-b I am so excited to see your charm bracelets once they’re ready! You have one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen!! =)2

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Dearest Madame @mrs-b

A most exuberant congratulations to you on yet another 3 pieces of jewelry!!!

I love your bold statement pieces. Im so fond of your enormous 3 stone ring. It looks outrageously good on your hand. I am very drawn to a two tone ring. Why agonize over which metal to use, when one can use both!!!

I must admit i don't know too much about spinels. However, your grand spinel ring has inspired me to open yet another pandora box of jewels!!

I love the stylistic, fluid and contemporary pendant on you! It goes very very well with your rosy complexion and kind blue eyes.

May you enjoy each and every piece that you have envisioned and brought to life. Wishing you continued good health, tremendous happiness and a prolonged love affair with your beloved!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Taylorbug! - thank you! And yes, I agree with you - the new proportions are even better. Let's be honest tho - is a row of diamonds EVER bad?? :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @alene - I'm loving my new pieces, and we had a lovely day. :))

Thank you, @EllenS1 - I think they're going to be SO beautiful. Well, I *think* they are. I'm hoping to have at least one of them in the next 2 weeks, and the other one in 3. Maybe sooner - we'll see! And just by the way - I love your new, tiny ECs! :wavey:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Dandi - I'm hugely relieved. oxo

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your upgraded side stones!!! I prefer 3 stones with more substantial sides and this is perfection! Please remind me, what size is your center stone?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Just saw what size the center is in one of your comments above, and that you have a hidden stone... I love that too . Congratulations!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Big Fat Facets! I've been barely removing my 3 stone since it arrived, but when I do, it's to wear the spinel! Spinels are a fabulous gem and their range of colors is delicious. I do wish I could get a better representation of the color of my new ring, but she's moody and sulky and is making it hard for me to capture her beauty! In the flesh, however, she's rich and lush and gorgeous and I love her!

Thank you for all your kind comments. :wavey:

Thank you, @Halogirl1130 - I like a 3 stone ring in every iteration, but I do luuuurve them with larger sides. I just love 3 stone rings in general; they've been my Waterloo since I was a child. A 5 stone ring perhaps even more so!! :mrgreen:

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, @Big Fat Facets! I've been barely removing my 3 stone since it arrived, but when I do, it's to wear the spinel! Spinels are a fabulous gem and their range of colors is delicious. I do wish I could get a better representation of the color of my new ring, but she's moody and sulky and is making it hard for me to capture her beauty! In the flesh, however, she's rich and lush and gorgeous and I love her!

Thank you for all your kind comments. :wavey:

Thank you, @Halogirl1130 - I like a 3 stone ring in every iteration, but I do luuuurve them with larger sides. I just love 3 stone rings in general; they've been my Waterloo since I was a child. A 5 stone ring perhaps even more so!! :mrgreen:

I know I love them both too! I go back and forth on whether I should create a 3 or 5 stone RHR one day. It will be a few years so I’m sure I’ll change my mind many times haha!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Sigh....... I loved your three stone ring before, but you were absolutely correct that the larger side stones really make the ring outstanding!! It seems to me that you said that about ”my” three stone ring (previously “yours”).....perhaps the pears should be larger. Victor did not agree with you, but after seeing your new design,.......
hmmmmm.

Congratulations on your 36th wedding anniversary!! You were a beautiful bride and have only become more lovely!!

i am delighted with the results of your mammogram. You have endured a great deal lately and you deserved this good news!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! All 3 pieces!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely trifecta! Glad you are enjoying them all mrsb!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been on smtb much lately just to limit my temptation but I saw this and wanted to chime in that "you got it goin girl!" Everything is so beautiful! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Your 3 stone- I didn't think it could get any better. Obviously I was wrong! It is perfection!!! I think you are 100% correct about the tilt. You have a good eye for the details. Always! The spinel- I love spinels and your's is gorgeous! Love the color, the halo- David is amazing!!!! Your necklace- such a statement piece and so unique.
What stands out to me the most is your beautiful picture. You are the epitome of grace under pressure. On the somewhat frivolous side, I see your hoop earrings and it reminds me I still need those!
My absolute favorite after your fantastic news- such a great anniversary gift!!!! For you and your beloved. My favorite is the power of love getting you through the ceremony until you could rest your head on your new husband's shoulder. But more than anything it is the look on your husbands face. So young, excited, happy, and in love. More than anything it's the look of- I got this exactly right! She is my better half, my partner for life, and the love of my life. It is the look of a man who has every intention to cherish his wife, how wonderful that he has kept his promises. You are both blessed to have one another. Happy Anniversary !!!!! Here's to many more!!!!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First of all:

F00B8BAE-DB90-4285-B271-5ACFA27BE1B4.jpeg

I love your wedding picture!

And WOW love your three stone even more now. And I thought it couldn’t get any better.

Happy to read that your tests came back normal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary, MrsB!!! I am glad your medical appointments went well yesterday, too!

I loved your three stone so much that I was momentarily afraid to see it with different side stones! Now I love both which makes me somewhat confused again! lol! I do also love the setting, and you are 100% right about the tilt of the side stones. That is such an important aspect. The size of your stones fit your finger well, and that's important, too. I think your center stone is such a great size for a three stone ring. I am hoping you keep it because it is so perfect!

I love purple spinels (and sapphires) and your new ring is beautiful! I know how hard colored stones are to photograph, and I think spinels are especially hard. The blue pearl is amazing and is so pretty in the setting!

Enjoy your new jewels!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I am thrilled to hear your wonderful news of your health! And happy anniversary to you and your hubby! The love is in his eyes and you are match made in heaven. You're making me think of a 3 stone one day...

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary!

I really like your new side stones and think the proportions of the ring are lovely with them larger. I've always planned to add side stones to my solitaire down the road so I enjoy seeing how people angle their diamonds in the setting and you've done it beautifully. Thanks for showing the profile shots!

Gorgeous purple spinel and blue pearl necklace. What a treasure chest of goodies you have to select from every day. How do you decide each morning what to wear? (or maybe there are several wardrobe changes each day?)

I hope you enjoy your new additions and wear them in good health!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Halogirl1130 -

I go back and forth on doing a 5 stone. Oddly, I don't have one! I hope thisposter forgives my bad memory, but - within the last few months a PS posted an AMAZING 5 stone ring by CvB - and I'd love to copy that down to the finest detail! It's a STUNNING ring - to the point where it makes me wish I was getting engaged all over again! 5.5mm in the middle, then 2 x 5.3mm, then 2 x 5.1. Roughly 2.75 ctw. Nora setting by CvB. Yellow gold or rose gold. A girl can dream....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mcgregor - hallo, my friend! :wavey: How are you and how goes the battle? I think of you OFTEN and wonder how you're doing.

I think your three stone-with-pears is perfect. I would never change that ring. I might go back and forth on it - but - actually *change* it? NEVER!

i know this is probably highly optimistic but - when this pandemic insanity is over - I'd love to have lunch if you were free. You'd be more than welcome to trawl through my jewelry box and wear whatever pieces took your fancy for the afternoon. :)) It's plans like these that keep me sane during this incredibly boring, isolating time!

Big hugs to you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 - thank you so much! There has been quite a lot of 'sitting up in bed wearing pyjamas and an enormous blue pearl necklace' going on, I have to admit! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @MissGotRocks. I love my new pieces and my upgraded 3 stone is just wonderful to wear - easy and comfortable, substantial, and just flat out beautiful! Verrrrry happy with how these pieces turned out! Next up - BRACELETS! :-o :love: :lickout:

Oh @Gussie! As we all know - jewelry is lovely. Truly lovely! But DOGS...? Yeah - well - THAT'S where it's all happening! And your new profile photo is just the bees knees! Please give that darling little boy a big hug from his Aunty Mrs-B! And thank you for your kind comments about my new baubles. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @marcy! I think so, too. :))

@peppermintpatty - thank you so much for those lovely words; they mean a lot. I really did win the lottery when it came to husbands, and I did nothing at all to deserve it. I am reminded often how much of marriage is a gamble, and how some of us get lucky, and some of us, despite our best intentions, don't make it. I was a therapist for years before coming to the US, and there are, obviously, some common denominators between marriages that work - the same as there are some common denominators, of course, between ones that don't! But there's still a huge rogue factor, into which falls things like illness, loss of income, problems with children, loss of life, parents, accidents of all kinds....on and on and on. Some marriages are placed under the sorts of pressures I've been lucky enough to avoid, and I thank God for the incredibly easy life I've had. I have all my limbs, all my senses, my whole mind, the ability to move around, and people who love me. That is, by any estimation, enough tools to make a life. So on my 36th anniversary I was grateful above all things. And, of course, the diamonds don't hurt!

And girl - go get those earrings!!

Hi @Weecam! :wavey: Yes, the clear tests were, of course, the best gift I could have received! But I'm totally loving that 3 stone, I have to say! I'm very happy with that extra bump in size. It cost me (to be financially disclosing) another 9k for the upgrade, but I feel as tho I get so much more bang for my buck than if I'd done the 12k upgrade from VS2 to VS1, and only gotten an extra .15mm on the center stone. And, let's face it, an F VS2 is nothing to sneeze at! And who knows anyway what the future might bring in the way of jewelry.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Q

Queenie60

Mrs. B - I am glad to hear that your mammogram and ultrasound went well. I am all too familiar with that particular waiting game. It isn't fun. And enjoy your new beautiful bling, Happy Anniversary!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is to die for! Absolutely gorgeous. You are the 3 stone queen! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results