shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel, diamonds, blue pearl, upgrades, remakes....three lovely projects now finished!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Project 1 of 3.
It's not precisely a 'wall of bling'

It ISN’T??? Now I want to know what you think constitutes a wall of bling because that. Ring. Is. Stunning.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just when I thought your 3 stone could not possibly get any better—this new iteration is divine! It was made exactly for your hand!
And that halo! And that pendant! This eye candy is just tooo much!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooh I really love that purple spinel ring, the setting compliments it perfectly.

H

Horsegirl76

Just exquisite mrs-b! Quick question (sorry if I missed you saying) Do you plan to rotate your three stone with Boadicea? Or will she be a RHR?

The spinel and antique pearl heart necklace are stunning as well!

I always look forward to seeing your pieces. You have excellent style and taste.

Enjoy your new additions!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with the biopsy!

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
im usually not fond of 3-stone, but yours makes my heart flutter! :kiss2: it's beautiful!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Everything is absolutely beautiful @mrs-b including you! The larger diamonds are perfect for your stunning 3 stone. The spinel is elegant and fun! And I love your antique heart, ruby and pearl necklace. It's just beautiful and a true statement and a piece that makes you feel good wearing!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Project 1 of 3.

Well, I ummed and ahhed for literally years about upgrading the center stone in my three stone. In the end, I decided another $12k for .15mm was just nutty. So...I replaced the sides with something a little larger. I stayed with super ideal cuts, F color, VS2, and went from sides that were 2 x .61 F VS1, so 1 x .95 F VS2 and 1 x .96 F VS2. My center stone is an F VS2, so we've got some nice flow going on! :))

It's not precisely a 'wall of bling', but it certainly looks more substantial on the finger, as the sides have gone from 5.45mm to 6.35mm, and the change in proportions is definitely noticeable.

Altho I love tiny sides, I actually prefer what I now have. The center stone is still clearly THE center stone, and the ring hugs the finger even better than it did before. It's a little more traditional than previously in its proportions, and I love that. It's just the most stunning ring!

20200831_131344.jpg

20200831_131348.jpg

20200831_132436.jpg

Oh.My.Gosh. This is super bling bling and I’m dead!!!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 - the pearl is a good size! I'm really happy with it and the way it works with the setting as a whole. I've never seen anything quite like it and am very happy with how this piece turned out. I'm glad you like it! :wavey:

Hi @pearaffair! I'm glad I was able to put a smile on your face. :)) That really is the role of jewelry, as far as I'm concerned! Yes, the three stone is 18kt with a platinum head. And I'll try to get some more photos of the spinel when the sun is out; it's way more purple than these photos show! Hugs to you, my friend!

Thanks for the good wishes, @missy. oxo I'll drop you a line when I get the results.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox - thank you for those lovely comments! I have a picture in my head of how I want things to look, and where I want to end, but sometimes I wonder if that picture just translates to endless fiddling! I do love these pieces, tho, and am very happy with each of them!

Thank you for the kind wishes, @Crystal_Dreams - I'm a tad nervous, I have to admit! It's also my 36th wedding anniversary tomorrow, so celebrating with a mammogram, an ultrasound and a biopsy isn't *precisely* what I had in mind! On the other hand - I have some lovely jewelry to look at during the day, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. :))

@canuk-gal - I'm so glad you like the spinel - it's a beauty! Better photos coming when the sun comes out!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@emeraldhummingbird - I'm trying to avoid a wall of bling effect, to be honest! In my head, they lack definition and are just as much diamond thrown into a small space as possible! I've reached my max on the sides, as I don't ever want to lose the individuality of that center stone, and I need reasonable contrast between the center and the sides to keep all three diamonds visible (if you kow what I mean) and not have them just sort of melt into one, big, sparkly blob!

Hi @lydial :)) I bought the heart from a very reputable antique jewelry store in England about 20 years ago. I had the papers for it at that time, but they've long been lost in our move to the US. I believe it has a hallmark also, but *please* don't ask these old eyes to describe it to you!

Thank you so much, @Kaycee2018, for those very kind comments. I'm going out to dinner for our anniversary next Saturday, and I'm planning to wear the pendant with a black dress with a deep V neck. I think it will look faboosh against black! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @bling_dream19! :wavey: I'm so glad the larger sides seem to be well received; I know a LOT of people prefer tiny sides, but I do think this gives a lovely balance while still looking elegant. I just love it! The other two will see regular wear - particularly the spinel ring, which I wore today with jeans and which held its end up during proceedings! :))

<pumping @joelly back to life>
Hi Joelly - are we good now? :mrgreen: Thank you for those comments - they made me laugh out loud! I'm currently sitting up in bed wearing the three stone, and I have to say - there's not much to dislike!! I'm getting a *great* deal of pleasure from it!

Hi @dmack :)) For my money, a 'wall of bling' ring lacks coherent and clean design. It reminds me of those rings from Zales, where they've thrown everything at it, bar the kitchen sink! You look at those rings and they seem to be just an amorphous mass of 'stuff', rather than a clean design - irrespective of size! So I'm hoping I haven't gone *there*.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your bling is beautiful and so are you @mrs-b :kiss2:. I always love looking at your beautifully curated collection, best of luck with the biopsy.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi @bling_dream19! :wavey: I'm so glad the larger sides seem to be well received; I know a LOT of people prefer tiny sides, but I do think this gives a lovely balance while still looking elegant. I just love it! The other two will see regular wear - particularly the spinel ring, which I wore today with jeans and which held its end up during proceedings! :))

<pumping @joelly back to life>
Hi Joelly - are we good now? :mrgreen: Thank you for those comments - they made me laugh out loud! I'm currently sitting up in bed wearing the three stone, and I have to say - there's not much to dislike!! I'm getting a *great* deal of pleasure from it!

Hi @dmack :)) For my money, a 'wall of bling' ring lacks coherent and clean design. It reminds me of those rings from Zales, where they've thrown everything at it, bar the kitchen sink! You look at those rings and they seem to be just an amorphous mass of 'stuff', rather than a clean design - irrespective of size! So I'm hoping I haven't gone *there*.

Oh my gosh it’s super pretty and they’re so sparkly. The picture captured just how perfect the proportions are and just how perfectly sparkly they are together. This is one ring I won’t be able to get over like ever. Did I mention the color is TDF? ...

Okay now I’m okay phew.... thanks for the breath of life...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely loved your 3-stone before, but now I LOOOOOOVE it! I'm a huge fan of substantial side stones and I support your choice with great enthusiasm! :bigsmile: You nailed the proportions that avoid the wall of bling look (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and which identify it decidedly as a 3-stone. But a 3-stone with Presence, with a capital P!

I also adore the moody, deep tone of your spinel and I concur that DK nailed the craftsmanship. Such a nice contrast between the diamonds and the saturated shade of the stone. Do you have a photo of the side profile by any chance? I bet it's gorge!

The pearl necklace. Wow! If it looks that lovely with a casual top, imagine it with a silk blouse or summer dress! It is a dream! (btw love the photo, beautiful lady!)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I Love your Wedding picture. Your husband looks so kind and you have a beautiful flower crown in your hair!

Your new pieces are beautiful. We need more pictures on the settings by David K.. (:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh.... Everytime you start a thread, I rub my hands together with glee & get myself comfortable!

And as usual, I am stunned by the beauty & the thought process & the details. The neck shot of the pearl with your hand in view actually gives us a glimpse of that delicious purple better, but i cannot wait to see it in sunshine.

Everything is just yum! And the wedding picture is fabulous - what a great moment captured! (But sorry you were poorly on your wedding day - that sucks).

I hope the biopsy goes OK (I have missed news about this & I'm so sorry you are having to go through yet ANOTHER health issue, prodding & poking at you) & i think you should wear your new pieces when you do, to fill your mind with relaxing, pretty sparkles.

You are looking bloody lovely right now, radiant even, after everything that has been going on. Fingers crossed you are on your way to tip top health x

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been waiting all day for this thread! :mrgreen: And OH MY, was it ever worth the wait!! Everything, as always, is stunning, elegant, beautifully designed and wonderfully curated PERFECTION. That 3 stone is the stuff my dreams are made of. And I love love LOVE the pearl. I have never been fortunate enough to clap eyes on a piece like that in real life, ever! And of course the spinel ring is nothing short of delicious.

Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you! Hoping that your new pretties can be a bit of a distraction at this time. They are truly beautiful, as are you. Much love x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you today @mrs-b. Happy Anniversary and good luck with the biopsy. Bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way.
XOXO.

happy36anniversary.jpg

Oh my gosh I love your wedding photo. :love:
Gorgeous couple then and gorgeous couple now.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new pieces. Love that three stone...that center is a real beauty as are the new sides! I can tell how beautiful the color on that spinel is. It’s so complex and looks a bit different in each photo. Happy Anniversary and good luck with your tests.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Project 1 of 3.

Well, I ummed and ahhed for literally years about upgrading the center stone in my three stone. In the end, I decided another $12k for .15mm was just nutty. So...I replaced the sides with something a little larger. I stayed with super ideal cuts, F color, VS2, and went from sides that were 2 x .61 F VS1, so 1 x .95 F VS2 and 1 x .96 F VS2. My center stone is an F VS2, so we've got some nice flow going on! :))

It's not precisely a 'wall of bling', but it certainly looks more substantial on the finger, as the sides have gone from 5.45mm to 6.35mm, and the change in proportions is definitely noticeable.

Altho I love tiny sides, I actually prefer what I now have. The center stone is still clearly THE center stone, and the ring hugs the finger even better than it did before. It's a little more traditional than previously in its proportions, and I love that. It's just the most stunning ring!

20200831_131344.jpg

20200831_131348.jpg

20200831_132436.jpg

Omg, @mrs-b !!!! I LOVE your 3 stone with these proportions!!!!! Big puffy heart love! Please remind me what size your center stone is? To my eye you have absolutely nailed it here. The center is still the standout, and the side stones have weight and presence all their own. Love, love, love.

dmack

Shiny_Rock

Ah, got it. That ring is for sure not a "mass of stuff". The only "wall" thing about it is the one I'd walk into if I saw it in person. Those hearts and arrows in the main stone!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - thank you so much! If ANYONE knows about getting the right setting for a stone - it's you! I agree with you on this - it just feels...better. It was lovely before - but the extra width gives me a tad more 'wrap', and I'm really enjoying that. (And I LOVELOVELOVE your new diamond, btw!!)

Thank you, @GliderPoss. :)) I went back and forth between the diamond pave shank and an engraved band. What would you have chosen? I love the halo, but I do still have a mental picture of an engraved shank in the back of my mind....

Hi there, @Horsegirl76! :wavey: I rotate. A lot! Anything with a 'head' goes on my wedding ring finger. I will very occasionally wear bands on my right hand, but anything like my three stone, or Boadicea, goes on my wedding finger. So nothing gets heaps of wear, but everything sees the light of day every month of my life. In order of what I wear the most, it would be:
1. 3 stone
2. Boadicea
3. ruby and diamond 5 stone
4. 7 stone platinum ring
5. Opal and diamond ring
6. ...and at Christmas, I wear the Christmas ring more or less exclusively for a week, but wear it also on and off during the year.

I'll now incorporate the spinel as well, tho this one, by virtue of its amount of pave, will be the least worn. It *will* be worn, tho, and it was made intentionally to give me a platinum halo, so it has a specific role in my jewelry box and in my jewelry wearing. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Polabowla - all good wishes appreciated! :wavey:

Thank you, @stonehunter20! The trick to a three stone is all in the tilt; tilt them right, and you get an organic, beautiful look. Don't tilt them enough, and you get a big shiny thing that looks like it's trying to get off your finger! I often hear people say they want the stones flatter so they can see them all. But we move our hands around all day long - so tilting the stones means we see dimonds from every angle - as well as getting that elegant curve. Proportions play a huge role in a 3 stone - but tilt plays an even larger role, in my opinion. And congratulations on your new beauty! It's stunning!

Hi @Sparkles88 :)) Thank you for the kind comments and for the good wishes - I'll be keeping my (bling encrusted) fingers crossed today!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b Happy Anniversary! Also, Congrats on all of the beautiful new additions-all 3 are gorgeous and fabulous!!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an elegant and beautiful collection!!! Sending positive vibes, well wishes, and prayers that all goes well.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary, @mrs-b ! How exciting to have completed another three projects. My own three-stone anniversary ring is almost complete. I also wanted a more traditional anniversary look. I will have .44/1.23/.45 E CBIs. Size 7.5 finger. I was thinking about going a little larger on the sides, but the jump in price at that size didn’t make sense for me (this year) due to my lack of work this spring. Your posts throughout the last several months helped me to shape my ideas for what I wanted for my own ring—so thank you for that!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the lovelies :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, @KristyDarling :)) I have to be honest - the first 3 stones I ever saw were of the Tiffany-proportions variety - your classic 1:2:1 - and that's what I fell in love with. But on the other hand, who could not love a three stone with tiny, delicate, 15% sides? They're such different beasts and a very different look. With this, I'm sitting firmly in the middle! And I think it has the right proportions to give it some heft, without swamping my center. Well...I *think* it does... But in the final analysis, it really only matters what each of us thinks about our *own* pieces - and I'm loving this!

And 'moody' is the EXACT right description for the spinel! It's pure, bright purple in some lights, and in others it's a dark stormy night! I'm wearing it at the moment and we're still getting to know each other. But she's a gem of many moods, for sure.

As for the necklace, I'm wearing it out to dinner this Saturday with a black dress with a deep V neck. i think she'll be perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results