shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel, diamonds, blue pearl, upgrades, remakes....three lovely projects now finished!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lessics - your comments are my favorite on this thread, of course, because you had the eagle-eye ability to notice that I did, in fact, marry the kindest man in the world. Tim is truly something special, and those patient, loving, gentle eyes have seen me through crisis after crisis and kept me sane and grounded. And yes, I did indeed wear a flower crown on my wedding day. :)) We were married in Australia on the first day of spring, so flowers were a huge part of our wedding. My bouquet was incredible and our cake was covered with icing versions of Australian native flowers. The church and reception were filled with them also, and they're probably the ONE thing in the whole procedure that didn't go out of fashion over time! A rose is a rose is a rose - for all time. <3 Thank you for your lovely comments.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T -

Good afternoon, dear lady! How are you? I agree, the shot of the spinel with the necklace gives the best view of the color, but even that is a poor reflection of its depths. Photos aren't great at picking up fluctuations and nuances of light, and this ring is ALL about the light! I'll keep trying till I get there....

And I love that wedding photo, too! I've never seen a wedding photo where the bride nodded off between the main course and dessert, but there you have it! Tim, on the other hand, is holding his cutlery in joyful anticipation of his third course of bombe alaska (which he did, in fact, have)! For one of our subsequent anniversaries we went back to the same place (which is a reception house and restaurant) and had them recreate the same meal. it was just as fabulous!

And thank you for the warm wishes and kind comments; At 60, I feel I'm fighting an inevitably losing battle, but I've still got my head above water and am paddling hard!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Dandi! oxoxo I'm sitting up in bed at the moment with a coffee brought in by Tim, and wearing my spinel ring. She has SUCH gorgeous purple flashes, which she is REFUSING to share with my camera! So much more lovely than I can capture. She's moody and stubborn and utterly beautiful.

If you look closely, you can see hints of her purple heart....

20200901_090014.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new baubles are lovely but that wedding picture is PERFECTION! I just love it, congratulations!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you today @mrs-b. Happy Anniversary and good luck with the biopsy. Bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way.
XOXO.

happy36anniversary.jpg

Oh my gosh I love your wedding photo. :love:
Gorgeous couple then and gorgeous couple now.

Thank you Missy. xoxox Every year is a blessing and every year ahead a mystery. Praying that 37 is a wonderful year for us!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Would love to see before and after of your beautiful 3 stone!! Gorgeous!

Happy 36th Anniversary!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @mwilliamanderson. :)) it takes practice to be able to 'see' the color in certain gemstones, and this one will test the eye for sure! She's all nuance...and then suddenly you'll walk through a patch of light, or shade, or reflection - and - KAPOW! PURPLE! It's like she'll reward you for keeping your attention on her at all times! I'm starting to realize she's beautiful...but demanding!

Aaaahhhh - thank you, @Tonks! The center is 3.05ct and I'm with you on this - the proportions are perfect!

@dmack - that made me LAUGH! And ACA diamonds are known for it - it's hard to get a close up photo and *not* get arrows. The cleanliness of cut of those diamonds forever astounds me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. This is a bit better, tho I've found that colors tend to bleach out on PS. It'd probably help if I stopped taking photos in a beige-y yellow-y room. Click on the photo so it expands, and you can see a little more of her true purple here, but it's still a pale reflection.

20200901_093129.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b Your new three stone setting is so pretty! I really like the larger size diamonds on the sides. It really flows nicely! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your spinel ring. I think it’s gorgeous! Wear your new bling in good health..I hope your biopsy goes well today..Big hugs..

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh, all of your pieces are stunning and I always enjoy looking at your new additions! DK does such an outstanding job of capturing the beauty; and the details are perfection. Happy Anniversary and sending my best to you!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful and tasteful pieces Wonderful additions to your collection

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b , you truly have the most amazing taste! I love the new spinel, too!

And I almost forgot the most important part!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Polabowla - all good wishes appreciated! :wavey:

Thank you, @stonehunter20! The trick to a three stone is all in the tilt; tilt them right, and you get an organic, beautiful look. Don't tilt them enough, and you get a big shiny thing that looks like it's trying to get off your finger! I often hear people say they want the stones flatter so they can see them all. But we move our hands around all day long - so tilting the stones means we see dimonds from every angle - as well as getting that elegant curve. Proportions play a huge role in a 3 stone - but tilt plays an even larger role, in my opinion. And congratulations on your new beauty! It's stunning!

Hi @Sparkles88 :)) Thank you for the kind comments and for the good wishes - I'll be keeping my (bling encrusted) fingers crossed today!

I have never thought about the tilting. This is why all of your pieces are extraordinary - you are extremely adept at thinking out all the angles ;-) haha quite literally!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This man. This wonderful, wonderful, fabulous man. Who, I might add, is wearing the latest WhiteFlash t-shirt, bless his little cotton socks!

20200901_080224.jpg

Omg I want that shirt! And a husband to bring me coffee! Lol! Happy to see you’re surrounded by treasures today <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @stepcutnut! I'm now hoping for another 36! (Nothing if not optimistic...) And I'm glad you like the new bibs and bobs - it's always so much better if everyone can share in them. :))

Thank you so much, @Diamond Girl 21. Elegance is such a big deal for me - mostly because it's something I find very beautiful...and something I've NEVER associated with myself! If my pieces are elegant - then - woo hoo! (See? Not elegant at all!) :wavey:

Thanks so much, @KristinTech! Yes, I'm slowly narrowing it down and closing in on my final destination. These pieces and the pieces currently being made represent a BIG step forward. At this point, I've finished my earring collection, my bangles and bracelets, my pendants, my pins and brooches, and aaaaalmost all my rings. I have one to go for sure - maybe as many as three. But since I've been doing multiple pieces every year, that's not a lot left. So we're on the homeward stretch!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the upgrades to the side stones on your ring. The bigger sides just make it fabulous! I think I have fainted over that spinel in a halo. Fabulous again! And love the heart, pearl, ruby pendant. Again it looks fabulous on you!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You're my kind of dame, Mrs.B!
You just are.:lol:
Happy belated anniversary as true to form, I'm late. Again.
My hobbit and I are rounding 20yrs married and I hope we make it to 60+.
He doesn't have a choice. We're going for 60.
All your pieces are beautiful.
I love your new spinel especially...I just love spinel the best!

* and you hit elegant, right out of the park.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @stepcutnut! I'm now hoping for another 36! (Nothing if not optimistic...) And I'm glad you like the new bibs and bobs - it's always so much better if everyone can share in them. :))

Thank you so much, @Diamond Girl 21. Elegance is such a big deal for me - mostly because it's something I find very beautiful...and something I've NEVER associated with myself! If my pieces are elegant - then - woo hoo! (See? Not elegant at all!) :wavey:

Thanks so much, @KristinTech! Yes, I'm slowly narrowing it down and closing in on my final destination. These pieces and the pieces currently being made represent a BIG step forward. At this point, I've finished my earring collection, my bangles and bracelets, my pendants, my pins and brooches, and aaaaalmost all my rings. I have one to go for sure - maybe as many as three. But since I've been doing multiple pieces every year, that's not a lot left. So we're on the homeward stretch!

Any hints on what’s in the works?

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow, 36 years! The two of you look so adorable in the wedding picture. Happy Anniversary and I also hope you have at least 36 more years together!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Also thinking about you and hoping the biopsy is negative.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Rfisher . :)) You set a pretty high standard, but I'm doing my best to keep up!

Thank you, @Asscherhalo_lover - I love that photo! It's been a pretty fair reflection of our relationship ever since!

Hi @Taylorbug! I don't have a lot of photos to hand, but there's plenty on PS. In the meantime, I mocked up a photo comparing the profiles of the two rings. There's not a stack of difference, but you can see that the spread is far smaller in the ring on the right (the previous iteration), andthe setting sort of pushes up to the center stone. In the left hand ring (the current one) the stones are more about spreading left to right and wrapping around the curve of the band. I hope this helps!

Three stone comparison - profile.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary and all the best wishes for a negative biopsy! Tim is clearly a keeper if he brings you coffee and diamonds. Here's to another 36 years of happiness, coffee and sparkles.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MamaBee! I'm *very* happy with how the three pieces turned out, and I am THRILLED to have that spinel finally set! And as for my three stone...well! What a raging beauty! I just love her! And, of course, the blue pearl necklace is just sublime. Blue pearls - mmm MMM!

Thanks, @DorotheaBrooke!!

@pearaffair - look how young we were! Tim was all of 19! But he knew what he wanted and he was ready to settle down, and I knew I was onto a good thing from day one! So - lucky me - especially with my daily coffee in bed! :)) Re tilting - I really do think it's the determining factor of how beautiful a multi-stone ring looks. It's also the single biggest mistake people make, in my opinion. So it's a big thing to get right.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Catmom! I just finished looking at your family pin shot! It's lovely to own beautiful jewelry, but I really do gain almost as much enjoyment ogling the pieces of others as I do ogling my own! And your pin collection is the perfect example of this. I can't tell you how much pleasure I've had, enjoying your critter collection! So very beautiful!

Thank you, @kathley! DKJ really has knocked it out of the park time after time after time. The prong work on the spinel ring, for example, is just divine and so full of character! And thank you for those kind wishes; 36 is a whole lotta years!!

Hi @Queenie60! I love the idea of my pieces being tasteful! Thank you so much for that! :wavey:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful new pieces! And happy anniversary!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so happy your mammogram and ultrasound went well today! Yay!
I would be interested in how you rotate your rings. Do you feel the need to give them equal time? I tend to do this with mine...To be honest I get a little stressed about it..haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results