shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
For the sake of tradition I'm going to post my beads on this thread.

I love them so much!!! @ChaiK your advice was spot on regarding size. I don't think I would have been happy with the 6.6mm and this colour is good enough for me.

IMG-20220112-WA0008.jpg

Mellow, I think you got the twin of mine. Lovely lovely lovely. What is the size and where did you get it? I never liked beads too until I got mine and I too really love them. What do you mean that the color is good enough for you. IT IS REALLY GORGEOUS!!! You scored.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellow, I think you got the twin of mine. Lovely lovely lovely. What is the size and where did you get it? I never liked beads too until I got mine and I too really love them. What do you mean that the color is good enough for you. IT IS REALLY GORGEOUS!!! You scored.

Aww thank you! The beads are 9.3 to 9.8

There was another strand of 6.6 beads. Vendor said the 6.6 was SUPER bright it made these look bad. But I really wanted the size at the end of the day and based on the pricing I thought these were better value so opted for these. These are very green in real life so the other ones must have been crazy green!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

There was another strand of 6.6 beads. Vendor said the 6.6 was SUPER bright it made these look bad. But I really wanted the size at the end of the day and based on the pricing I thought these were better value so opted for these. These are very green in real life so the other ones must have been crazy green!
Mellow these are so green already. Can you post a picture of the 6.6 beads. I would love to see how much more green it is and brighter too. Since I got my beads I have fallen in love with all things beads.....LOL. Just love looking at them. 9.9 is a very good size. I hardly see beads that are so evenly green as well as so green. I know you must really love them. Somehow I feel like the beads are harder to scratch, crack, break etc. so I feel more at ease when wearing them. Did you ask them to put a knot between each bead? I wanted to do that in case the string broke so I wouldn't go crazy chasing beads. By the way, just watched this chinese show called Go Ahead. It was excellent. Did you see it?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Was it brighter than this green.? Check out the price. C R A Z Y!
6B786BCE-8B41-4D41-9E00-9A5BC49BDC20.png

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I learned everything I know about jadeite from this thread and the experts who were so kind to share their knowledge. I thought I would post a photo of my wife's new ring by David Klass. There is a thread over in SMTB.

3.11ct Green Jadeite 4.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out my new necklace!!!!! It was an absolute bargain!!!!

My salesperson was skeptical about the factory pics but she sent it off for real photos anyway and we were super surprised at how pretty the beads were. A few of the green beads do have lines (hence the really good price) but I don't care because I wanted colour and this is the perfect spring coloured necklace. Plus I paid a fortune for my perfect green beads already so I can live with these cheapies!

First thing my husband said when he saw it was "oh you bought a spring necklace to go with your bangle" which is music to my ears because he's very critical with Jade!

PXL_20220309_004710692.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220309_004627157.jpg
    PXL_20220309_004627157.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20220309_004619710.jpg
    PXL_20220309_004619710.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 10

joycece

Rough_Rock
I learned everything I know about jadeite from this thread and the experts who were so kind to share their knowledge. I thought I would post a photo of my wife's new ring by David Klass. There is a thread over in SMTB.

This is so pretty I like the pointed claws

Reactions: prs

joycece

Rough_Rock

My salesperson was skeptical about the factory pics but she sent it off for real photos anyway and we were super surprised at how pretty the beads were. A few of the green beads do have lines (hence the really good price) but I don't care because I wanted colour and this is the perfect spring coloured necklace. Plus I paid a fortune for my perfect green beads already so I can live with these cheapies!

First thing my husband said when he saw it was "oh you bought a spring necklace to go with your bangle" which is music to my ears because he's very critical with Jade!

Lovely, your husband is right it does go very well with your bangle

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

What a lovely ring. The claws are so delicate!

Reactions: prs

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

What a pretty spring necklace. The bangle is so close in color!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I should post my lavender bangle here too, you know, like a tradition post on this thread.

It’s bluish-lavender with white patches (which helps to bring down the price I guess). Love the color as I really like bluish-lavender. It hasn’t left my wrist since I got it back from certification.

mayday

Shiny_Rock
oh, wow, what magnificent strands of spring/bean green!!

deadlypenguin

Rough_Rock
Delurking to say hello and thank you to everyone who has contributed their jade knowledge. I just made it through 101 pages of jade info over the last 2 days. I wish I had come across this before I bought my first bangle!

Bought this from Ultimate Jadeite and it's a little more warm in color than it looks in the photo. I'm really happy with it but already looking for more jade pieces after seeing all the beauties people have picked up. bangle.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Delurking to say hello and thank you to everyone who has contributed their jade knowledge. I just made it through 101 pages of jade info over the last 2 days. I wish I had come across this before I bought my first bangle!

Bought this from Ultimate Jadeite and it's a little more warm in color than it looks in the photo. I'm really happy with it but already looking for more jade pieces after seeing all the beauties people have picked up. bangle.jpg

Hi and welcome! Do share your pretties when you get more k

deadlypenguin

Rough_Rock
Thank you icy_jade! My bangle is translucent in the sun but now I'm on the lookout for something that's even more watery/icy. I've come around on floating flowers and started to appreciate them but most high quality floating flowers in a translucent bangle are pricier than I'm comfortable wearing every day.

The other thing I really really want is a pair of the lace jade earrings but the Facebook seller doesn't seem to be active anymore.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you icy_jade! My bangle is translucent in the sun but now I'm on the lookout for something that's even more watery/icy. I've come around on floating flowers and started to appreciate them but most high quality floating flowers in a translucent bangle are pricier than I'm comfortable wearing every day.

The other thing I really really want is a pair of the lace jade earrings but the Facebook seller doesn't seem to be active anymore.

What size r u and where r u based?

deadlypenguin

Rough_Rock
I'm the US, West Coast. I bought my current bangle in a 59 and it slipped on with a little effort with soap and water, no bruising. Looking at the fit on my wrists it seems loose, I can fit all four fingers from my other hand under the bangle. I have slim wrists compared to my hand size. I probably could go down more if I worked on hand flexibility more but this 59 has resisted my attempts to get it off so I'm nervous about sizing down too far.

deadlypenguin

Rough_Rock
Realized last night that I DO have another piece of jade and wanted to share with the group. I haven't had the chance to wear it out yet but I love it so much.

It's a ring from a Choo Yilin capsule collection that I was able to order when they did a special trunk sale

Jade cabochon set in rose gold with seed pearls, and diamonds

(First one is a press photo for the collection)

choo-yilin-hero.jpg PXL_20220728_174959564.jpg

deadlypenguin

Rough_Rock
Oh no, I've spent too much time looking at jade and now I'm craving a really green piece.

These come out to be about $2400 usd. Is that a fair price? There's something very captivating about these rings. I would ask for a lot more photos before biting but would love all of your help to figure out if it's even in the right ballpark.

Screenshot_20220801-092439.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I can’t comment on the price but I want to mention that the width/thickness makes it super uncomfortable to wear. Like cannot close up the fingers you know? I tried such rings in a store once, and was never ever interested again.

deadlypenguin

Rough_Rock
Ohhh that's a great point, thank you! That's a deal breaker for me.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Realized last night that I DO have another piece of jade and wanted to share with the group. I haven't had the chance to wear it out yet but I love it so much.

It's a ring from a Choo Yilin capsule collection that I was able to order when they did a special trunk sale

Jade cabochon set in rose gold with seed pearls, and diamonds

(First one is a press photo for the collection)

choo-yilin-hero.jpg PXL_20220728_174959564.jpg

I like how delicate the ring looks. Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results